Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
If you'd asked, I could have told you that. Tried to use it to rein a maxed hcal'd boltor prime's spread back in. Newp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
While we're on that topic, if anyone has spares of the event mods, I'll take them off your hands :v: I sat out that entire event because that sounded like some serious bullshit. (Also because I had to work that entire weekend, not to mention playing the poo poo out of X-Com 2)

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Feb 22, 2016

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I have my tonkor sitting at a 7.0x critical+bladed rounds, which seems rather silly overall

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Argon Scope on Tonkor good idea or bad idea?

Passburger
May 4, 2013

Sandweed posted:

Argon Scope on Tonkor good idea or bad idea?

Awesome Idea, Red-crits all over the place.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
Wouldn't you need to peg someone in the head with a grenade to trigger it? How reliable is that?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

That, and I vaguely recall something being patched where explosions don't count as headshots anymore or something.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

kafziel posted:

Wouldn't you need to peg someone in the head with a grenade to trigger it? How reliable is that?

any % crit chance over 100 is a % chance of red-crit

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

kafziel posted:

Depends on how you use the Tonkor. If you're doing area bombardment or long-range shots, you'll probably never trigger it. If you're using the Tonkor as a melee weapon with splash damage and ammo, it's not difficult to trigger.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is there a particular mod that's better than others maxed out? I haven't filled out serration, Hornet strike, or the corrupted mods yet, but most are 3/4 done. Have piled up a lot of cores and feel like I should max one, but lethargic because of all the weapons or frames I'd have to forma if I did.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Most mods are worth maxxing out, except for one or two mods that also reduce a specific stat. Serration/Hornet Strike/etc take a fuckload of cores to max and might just be straight up removed so proceed with caution.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Thanks to some generous mod donations from fellow goons I can never put Valkyr down. Hit 4 and tear everything that exists to pieces. Null-field Corpus? Twin Graks say hi.

Though I did find the blueprints & helm for Nova Prime. I *do* want a shiny Prime frame.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Spira Prime crit chance and damage buffed to 30% and 2.5X.

Cat Sidhe
Jan 9, 2015

Improbable Lobster posted:

Most mods are worth maxxing out, except for one or two mods that also reduce a specific stat. Serration/Hornet Strike/etc take a fuckload of cores to max and might just be straight up removed so proceed with caution.

You`ll get reimbursed if they get removed though. Plus damage 3.0 is probably ages away so there isn't any real reason to gimp yourself by not maxing them.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

KDdidit posted:

Is there a particular mod that's better than others maxed out? I haven't filled out serration, Hornet strike, or the corrupted mods yet, but most are 3/4 done. Have piled up a lot of cores and feel like I should max one, but lethargic because of all the weapons or frames I'd have to forma if I did.

Run missions like Hieracon (Pluto), Triton (Neptune), or Zeuguma (Phobos) with a good goon group and you'll be rolling in plenty of gold fusion cores. They also drop a good amount of tower keys. Definitely max Serration and Hornet Strike. They affect base damage, so increasing them also increases the effects of the elemental damage mods.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Did I make a mistake in assuming people on the trading channel would haggle a price? I tried to sell those imprints and set a start price of 500 and they just went "lol no" instead of suggesting what they wanted to pay.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Raptor1033 posted:

Did I make a mistake in assuming people on the trading channel would haggle a price? I tried to sell those imprints and set a start price of 500 and they just went "lol no" instead of suggesting what they wanted to pay.

Don't give a starting price for high value goods, ask for offers and just ignore people that offer something insultingly low. Also 500 is probably way too much, but like I said dog trading is a weird little world.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Raptor1033 posted:

People in trade don't understand haggling. It helps to set the anchor point, you'll get more people willing to haggle.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Raptor1033 posted:

People in trade are big idiots. A select few will haggle. You can try and encourage this, but most are looking for someone to rip off, and so will try to get something for way below average. Others don't understand that as an item becomes more scarce, the price rises, are therefore befuddled that you would ask a lot for a vaulted prime part, often saying things like "that's not what the price is!" as if there was a set price for anything in the game. Others still will enter trade with loads more plat than sense. For the most part, though, trade is awful and the people are asshats.

Kubrow imprint trading is a very tiny section of trade, so it might take a long time to offload a decent set of imprints. However, if you do find a person who genuinely cares about how fancy their imaginary space bat-dog is, they're usually willing to pay a good price.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Or sell it to NorthCo/Naturally Selected and let him deal with the pubs, like I did. :v:

Assuming he still plays, I haven't seen him post in yonks

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.

Raptor1033 posted:

Yep. I was trying to buy a lex prime receiver off a guy (after selling mine for 9p last night having forgotten I need it to level up Suda) and offered 9p, the price I paid. He countered with "20p, I want a new warframe slot." and followed that up with telling me the item is incredibly common. I have no idea what his haggling method was, but it failed.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Sarcastastic posted:

Yep. I was trying to buy a lex prime receiver off a guy (after selling mine for 9p last night having forgotten I need it to level up Suda) and offered 9p, the price I paid. He countered with "20p, I want a new warframe slot." and followed that up with telling me the item is incredibly common. I have no idea what his haggling method was, but it failed.

I have a stash of arcane helms I've sold over time. 99% off the time it goes like this:

Me: this helm is super rare, so how about 400p? (Ive checked Median price online by this point, which is around 390p)

Them: 115p

Me: this is one of the rarest items in the game

Them: oh. 150? That's all the plat I have. Please?

Them five mins later: hey are we gonna do this or not?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I always try to tell people when I can't make a deal at a given price, or if someone else has sniped it with a higher offer. It's only polite.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

Changes:
Reordered the tint color for Cycuta Prime Syandana’s gold between 3 and 4.

Spira Prime crit chance has been increased to 30%.

Spira Prime crit multiplier has been increased to 2.5x.

The final attack of Crimson Dervish’s Coiling Impale combo has been changed to deliver a Stun proc.

Hotfix

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Uranium Phoenix posted:

People in trade are big idiots. A select few will haggle. You can try and encourage this, but most are looking for someone to rip off, and so will try to get something for way below average.

I find this ironic given we encourage people to fleece pubbies in trade chat on the first post of this thread :smugdog:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Steve must be devastated

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

BeAuMaN posted:

I find this ironic given we encourage people to fleece pubbies in trade chat on the first post of this thread :smugdog:

Being greedy and trying to go for the big money probably works against you in the long run.

But once in awhile you can sell something for several hundred plat and its very easy to forget moderation.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

BeAuMaN posted:

I've been sitting on an extra Argon Scope for this exact purpose. :rodimus:

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
So I got me one of those elusive 75% off coupon for plat. How worth it is it to actually use the thing?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Danakir posted:

So I got me one of those elusive 75% off coupon for plat. How worth it is it to actually use the thing?

I usually take those as my periodic opportunity to throw money at the game because I'm too lazy to farm stuff.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
It's like you people only ever shopped in Amazon and supermarket and lost the innate human ability of negotiating or something.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

wid posted:

It's like you people only ever shopped in Amazon and supermarket and lost the innate human ability of negotiating or something.

Welcome to The West. Haggling is not part of our culture.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You want to haggle, switch your server over to Asia.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

wid posted:

It's been the same in MMOs for decades now. Western MMO players simply don't understand or care for the concept. :shrug:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

wid posted:

I've literally never haggled for anything in my life. It's not a thing that happens here.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
CRAIGSLIST. I DON'T CARE HOW WESTERN YOU ARE, WE EXIST IN A WORLD WHERE CRAIGSLIST EXISTS. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF CRAIGSLIST.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

To drive the point further home, there's a carpet store here in Australia where it's entire gimmick, right down to the name of the company, is that you can haggle. It's not exactly popular, either. That's how unusual it's considered. But no we're all sheltered goons because we don't shop the same as you. :jerkbag:

E: Never used or heard of anyone from my country using Craigslist in my life. Also geez calm down, caps aren't good for your health.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Feb 23, 2016

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I thought the point of Craigslist was weird and creepy stories of people connecting through Craigslist and then one of them tries to cook and eat the other or something.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Chairchucker posted:

I thought the point of Craigslist was weird and creepy stories of people connecting through Craigslist and then one of them tries to cook and eat the other or something.

That's just the best case scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Mr.Citrus posted:

I have a stash of arcane helms I've sold over time. 99% off the time it goes like this:

Me: this helm is super rare, so how about 400p? (Ive checked Median price online by this point, which is around 390p)

Holy balls, they're worth that much? I've been trying to sell off my old stockpile. I got some guy to agree to 150 per helmet, then he picked two he wanted and said he'd pay 250 for them. Yeah, that deal didn't go through.

I did trade a ancane squall helmet for some prisma cleavers, though, and I'm pretty happy about that.