Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Lime Tonics posted:

Are you...saying...people are finally getting upset that ships aren't what they appear to be?

I am stunned.

paaarp.
get yo popcrn rdy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

trucutru posted:

Why burn your bridges? maybe she and CR get divorced again.

You can start by making the instructions readable ingame. I had to get my brother's glasses to be able to read that blurry stuff.

Nothing I can do about it. That comes from the video card's filtering. You could always read the in-game docs instead. I had those put up as part of the idiot proofing I feel compelled to do. Most can read it just fine.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sperglord posted:

What, they rescaled the axis?

What's interesting is the disappearing weekend bounce.

Yes. Precisely.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

D_Smart posted:

I am only interested in serious and like-minded gamers playing my games. Though money is nice, I've never - ever- made it priority in my game dev or I'd be out of business by now because I'd end up catering to the wrong demographic.

How do you make money if you're the only serious and like-minded gamer willing to play your game?

Money is nice and also a major reason for why people do anything. Perhaps if you wanted money, you'd make a better game. Maybe you should pay your employees, if that's why your game looks like 2004 crapped out a turd.

Unreal Tournament 2004 and Flight Simulator: 100 years of flight both came out in 2004, and all you had to do was take those two games, and merge them together. Smh.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

BMan posted:

With a bit of scripting and Wordle's "advanced" mode, I came up with this, but it's getting biased by people's title text (and the word filter):

elephant is here

I love everything about this

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

trucutru posted:

Why don't you treat yourself to some INN podcasts and ponder that, sometimes, you can indeed judge a book by its cover. (BTW, the guy in the upper-left of their stuff would be considered a mean-spirited nerd stereotype if he was to be included in any actual show. He has it all.)

I am no stranger to INN. I've endured several for the sake of the thread (that was how we learned that Squadron 42 is running a big push in mid-December possibly with trailers before Rogue One, and that CIG, despite public claims, knows that SQ42 may have an end of Q1 release date. Or later.)

So after enduring many hours of these man children sperging out, I'd like to think I understand them a bit. But Dolvak's hypocrisy is ProTier stuff and I am truly vexed by him. I want to believe he's a three dimensional character and not a stereotype so badly written than he'd make a Big Bang Theory writer wince...

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

G0RF posted:

I am no stranger to INN. I've endured several for the sake of the thread

On the one hand: you poor thing.
On the other: sucker. :D

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

G0RF posted:

I am no stranger to INN. I've endured several for the sake of the thread (that was how we learned that Squadron 42 is running a big push in mid-December possibly with trailers before Rogue One, and that CIG, despite public claims, knows that SQ42 may have an end of Q1 release date. Or later.)

So after enduring many hours of these man children sperging out, I'd like to think I understand them a bit. But Dolvak's hypocrisy is ProTier stuff and I am truly vexed by him. I want to believe he's a three dimensional character and not a stereotype so badly written than he'd make a Big Bang Theory writer wince...

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6393471/#Comment_6393471

:unsmigghh:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Darkpriest667 posted:

Dood go back and look at him, listen to him, and then look at his room. Yes you are making spheres out of circles. He's a grade A d-bag.
I know you must be right, DarkPriest- I'm just having a hard time accepting it. Maybe it's because Sandi is a such a complicated villainess that I want to believe they all have hidden depths.

You let me down, Dolvak. You really did.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

pepito sanchez posted:

i don't know poo poo about cryengine but don't forget that when Chris failed to play his own game a while back he promised to fix the lovely, buggy, ugly chat window after experiencing it first hand. the same one still there. as others have pointed out, the main thing to remember now is that Chris is likely focusing everything on SQ42, and cares nothing about the fact that 99% of backers only care about a better PU.

ED looks cool, and i see a lot of potential there. looks like they have a good, organized thing going on, and only expect that game to get better and more fun with each increment to what's already there. cheers to them.

question to whoever knows: how much money has ED used so far to develop this, and with how many people? if that data's available. i'm really curious

If I remember right, the public records that FD released stated something like around $20million and they have said about 125 people for the first two years. So from 2013-2015.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

That week where Chris Roberts told backers how annoyed he was with them really was a turning point, wasn't it?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
2.2 live!

hold on to yo butts

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

2.2 live!

hold on to yo butts

Finally we can unite in hate once more

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

OK, sorry to harp on something unfunny, but this is for the "graphs are faked" crowd. They may very well be faked, but so far I have seen no evidence of internal inconsistency or ex post facto alterations. In other words, you won't be able to tell they're faked just by looking at their web page. Criticism is fine but should be grounded in reality.

Their latest raw daily totals from the tracker are:

2/16: 51881.82
2/17: 44007.90
2/18: 42831.20
2/19: 48414.88
2/20: 51705.00
2/21: 49735.46
2/22: 39136.32

These are the numbers I got by watching the real-time funds counter itself (i.e. not using their daily totals):

2/16: 51856.32
2/17: 44007.90
2/18: 42831.20
2/19: 48414.88
2/20: 51705.00
2/21: 49735.46
2/22: 39136.32

The only discrepancy is $25.50 on 2/16, and that is probably just due to slight differences in which transactions were included in the respective time windows.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

I just got invited to something called 2.2.0:

Star Citizen Alpha 2.2.0 PTU Playtest Invite

Greetings everyone!

If you’re receiving this email, you’ve been specifically invited to the Public Test Universe (PTU) to playtest Star Citizen Alpha 2.2.0, featuring the new Monitored Space/Hostility/Bounty system, EVA improvements, the Hangar-ready Xi'an Scout, the Flight-ready Aegis Sabre, 24-player maps, and Party System revamps!

In order to get the best ship feedback possible during this round of PTU, we’ve included the Sabre on every accounts for this first wave of testing!

IMPORTANT NOTE: IFCS/SCM mode frequently break where ships are stuck at 10m/s. This happens far more in Arena Commander than Crusader, and we'll have a fix for this ASAP.

:shrug:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Mirificus posted:

That week where Chris Roberts told backers how annoyed he was with them really was a turning point, wasn't it?

yes and I cant wait for him to come back next week.

Patch Notes:

quote:

Star Citizen Alpha 2.2.0 PTU Playtest Invite

Greetings everyone!

If you’re receiving this email, you’ve been specifically invited to the Public Test Universe (PTU) to playtest Star Citizen Alpha 2.2.0, featuring the new Monitored Space/Hostility/Bounty system, EVA improvements, the Hangar-ready Xi'an Scout, the Flight-ready Aegis Sabre, 24-player maps, and Party System revamps!

In order to get the best ship feedback possible during this round of PTU, we’ve included the Sabre on every accounts for this first wave of testing!

IMPORTANT NOTE: IFCS/SCM mode frequently break where ships are stuck at 10m/s. This happens far more in Arena Commander than Crusader, and we'll have a fix for this ASAP. As a reminder, remember to submit all of your bug reports to https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/star-citizen-alpha!

Testing Goals: Our biggest need is for playtesters to spend time inside the Aegis Sabre.

Please note that it will NOT show up on the website, nor will it be in the Hangar (unless you own one). The Sabre will show up inside of Arena Commander or Crusader. We’d also like players to check out the new Monitored Space and Bounty systems as this is a major new game mechanic introducing true consequences on actions within the 'Verse! Last, but certainly not least, we need significant testing on the new improvements to the much-anticipated Party System improvements!

Monitored Space System

"Monitored Space” are large areas of the Crusader system that are being actively monitored by Crusader Industries. These areas are centered around any active Comm Arrays in Crusader, as well as Cryo-Astro and Port Olisar. By disabling the Comm Arrays, you can toggle Monitored Space off for that area. Likewise you can reactivate "Monitoring" by activating the local Comm Arrays. Comm Arrays will be active or disabled at-random when a instance is first brought up. Disabling a Comm Array has consequences, because no-one except a Criminal would ever want to go unnoticed by Crusader Industries. Players who are not currently considered a "Criminal" will receive missions for any Comm Arrays that need to be reactivated. Player character kills made in non-Monitored Space will go unnoticed by local authorities.

Bounty System

In an effort to improve security in the Crusader region while their local staffing is low, Crusader Industries has activated their "Bounty" system and encourages all pilots to hunt down any wanted criminals in their space. Destroying an empty ship, colliding with a landed ship (in Monitored space), or disabling a Comm Array gives the offending character 1 level of Wanted Criminal. However, these are not cumulative and will not take your character above 1 Criminal level. Killing a player character or destroying an occupied ship (in Monitored space) gives 1 Cumulative level of Criminal. Crusader Security AI will spawn and attack any Criminal (of any wanted level), that enters the area around Cry-Astro Station or Port Olisar. There are 5 Criminal levels available. At Level 5 point, a global bounty mission is posted to all characters on the server instructing them to hunt down and kill the character. Each Criminal level adds 30 seconds of "jail time" to your respawn. When a Criminal is killed, they will be locked into their spawn-bedroom for the duration of their penalty time. If you are killed while at Criminal Level 5, you will be kicked off the server!! There are only two ways to reduce your Criminal level. Waiting 10 minutes without committing a crime will naturally reduce the level by 1. There is a console in Security Post Kareah that you can "hack". Each hack you initiate and complete drops your wanted level by 1. However, each hack takes 1 minutes to complete, and other criminals can interrupt your hack by initiating their own.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
patch size is 27.7 gb

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

featuring the new Monitored Space/Hostility/Bounty system

Ooooh

I predict a huge exploitable clusterfuck :)

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

quote:

Bounty System

In an effort to improve security in the Crusader region while their local staffing is low, Crusader Industries has activated their "Bounty" system and encourages all pilots to hunt down any wanted criminals in their space. Destroying an empty ship, colliding with a landed ship (in Monitored space), or disabling a Comm Array gives the offending character 1 level of Wanted Criminal. However, these are not cumulative and will not take your character above 1 Criminal level. Killing a player character or destroying an occupied ship (in Monitored space) gives 1 Cumulative level of Criminal. Crusader Security AI will spawn and attack any Criminal (of any wanted level), that enters the area around Cry-Astro Station or Port Olisar. There are 5 Criminal levels available. At Level 5 point, a global bounty mission is posted to all characters on the server instructing them to hunt down and kill the character. Each Criminal level adds 30 seconds of "jail time" to your respawn. When a Criminal is killed, they will be locked into their spawn-bedroom for the duration of their penalty time. If you are killed while at Criminal Level 5, you will be kicked off the server!! There are only two ways to reduce your Criminal level. Waiting 10 minutes without committing a crime will naturally reduce the level by 1. There is a console in Security Post Kareah that you can "hack". Each hack you initiate and complete drops your wanted level by 1. However, each hack takes 1 minutes to complete, and other criminals can interrupt your hack by initiating their own.

:itwaspoo:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

:pgabz:

can't wait to hear from Major Tom regarding this new patch and how we are finally getting towards the game we were promised

quote:

When a Criminal is killed, they will be locked into their spawn-bedroom for the duration of their penalty time. If you are killed while at Criminal Level 5, you will be kicked off the server!!

HAHAHAHA YOU HAVE BEEN CRIMINAL

YOU ARE GROUNDED, GO TO YOUR WANK POD ROOM

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
So the big 2.2 release is anti-:pgabz: mechanics?

I can't wait to see how folks clipping out of their ships gives them max criminal levels or some such nonsense.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Immersion means getting kicked out of the server for playing the game too well.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I love you CIG.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

fuctifino posted:

Ooooh

I predict a huge exploitable clusterfuck :)

I wonder if your criminal level is tied to your character, or ship? Like if I steal your ship and crash it into another will it raise your level, or mine?

We need to test all the ways this system works.

Or if I land my ship near yours causing you to hit me while taking off.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

quote:

Each Criminal level adds 30 seconds of "jail time" to your respawn. When a Criminal is killed, they will be locked into their spawn-bedroom for the duration of their penalty time.

You're... Grounded.

e;fb

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
At Level 5 point, a global bounty mission is posted to all characters on the server instructing them to hunt down and kill the character. Each Criminal level adds 30 seconds of "jail time" to your respawn. When a Criminal is killed, they will be locked into their spawn-bedroom for the duration of their penalty time. If you are killed while at Criminal Level 5, you will be kicked off the server!! There are only two ways to reduce your Criminal level. Waiting 10 minutes without committing a crime will naturally reduce the level by 1. There is a console in Security Post Kareah that you can "hack". Each hack you initiate and complete drops your wanted level by 1. However, each hack takes 1 minutes to complete, and other criminals can interrupt your hack by initiating their own.

ahahahahahaha this really is going to be the most boring game ever.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Can't wait for this system to be exploited to grief

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

We need to test all the ways this system works.

submit thorough and exhaustively detailed bug reports to the appropriate thread on the RSI forums please

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Getting kicked for being good at PVP :lol:

Did Captain B'Tak write this system?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
can't wait to find out if B'tak will be thrilled by this new system or if it somehow isn't nearly safe-spacey enough.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

A Neurotic Jew posted:

When a Criminal is killed, they will be locked into their spawn-bedroom for the duration of their penalty time. If you are killed while at Criminal Level 5, you will be kicked off the server!!

ahahahhaah holy poo poo

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Wafflz posted:

Getting kicked for being good at PVP :lol:

Did Captain B'Tak write this system?

No, he would demand civil forfeiture of his griefer's ships.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/474snl/goons_will_attempt_to_derail_this_subreddit/

goons does not derail, goons subjugate.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
still no persistence of any kind it seems.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Well I guess our CIG idiocy drought is over.

gently caress, it's like they decided that GTA could be improved by resetting your console when you got killed with max wanted level.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
I do wonder how it decides a ship is empty, or who should get the point for the destruction?

So, this was the big patch huh? Like this was the next big "wait for X.X patch" right?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

all your sub are belong to derek smart

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

A Neurotic Jew posted:

still no persistence of any kind it seems.

i bet you could relog to bypass the 10 min timer.

but are the load times less than 10 mins now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
so no bug fixes in these "patch notes"? i mean, i can easily see people going criminal without meaning to with all of those weird bugs.

how exactly can they tell if someone is getting in the way of a ship, for instance? this is going to be a beautiful disaster.

watch 2.3 be all about improving the bounty system.

• Locked thread