Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wark Say posted:

Oh, Haru. Someday you'll find a boy (or girl!) who only has eyes for you. :(

Fuu already only has eyes for Haru.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
only tsugumi left, and then the battle for worst girl can truly begin.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tsugumi is the one girl whose fascination with Raku irks me. She could do so much better, jesus

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Shinjobi posted:

Tsugumi is the one girl whose fascination with Raku irks me. She could do so much better, jesus

Raku is practically the only character who actually treats her like a girl and, in addition, his actions occur *on camera*.

So, I would argue that Tsumgumi's fascination actually makes more sense than most of the harem.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think Tsugumai had the longest segment of pretend-wife dream sequence in the latest OVA. Either the author or popularity polls are also thinking the same.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

buzmeg posted:

Raku is practically the only character who actually treats her like a girl and, in addition, his actions occur *on camera*.

So, I would argue that Tsumgumi's fascination actually makes more sense than most of the harem.

Yeah, I guess it really comes down to nobody really treats her that way.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Haru's yuri harem setup is complete. Fuu x Haru otp

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Chapter-204?id=263736

In which Tsugumi is the next in the "written out of the story" list.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I feel like this might have some bigger repercussions than just that, though.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
My favorite girl.:( Can't say I didn't expect it, though. She just deserves better.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
At the very least this chapter gave us some good Paula faces.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Man, the series has lost so much life since it started this "Kick everyone out of contention" phase.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Irisize posted:

Man, the series has lost so much life since it started this "Kick everyone out of contention" phase.

I figure it's winding down with all of this happening, so it's not surprising that there's less life to it. If it's not ending, then I seriously don't know what the point of all of this.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I'm hoping for a yandere Onodera ending where she poisons both beehive and the yakuza with her cooking only to be honored by the police for her actions.

Either that or one last Beehive Experimental Product chapter where the product is truth serum and is somehow injected into Raku.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Either that or one last Beehive Experimental Product chapter where the product is truth serum and is somehow injected into Raku.

"I know it now ... it's so clear ... the person I love ... my only real true love ... is Yui."

Followed by every shipper in the entire world's head exploding.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I'm hoping for a yandere Onodera ending where she poisons both beehive and the yakuza with her cooking only to be honored by the police for her actions.

Onodera is too milquetoast for that. Her mom, though...

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Irisize posted:

It's had some good stories anyway. The Marika one was great, and I enjoyed the blush factor of Onodera's Christmas date with Raku.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Irisize posted:

It reminds me of the Love Hina manga being exactly the opposite. Escalating in ridiculous ways as it reached its forgone conclusion instead of... driving nails in the coffin? Kind of what this feels like.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Shere posted:

It reminds me of the Love Hina manga being exactly the opposite. Escalating in ridiculous ways as it reached its forgone conclusion instead of... driving nails in the coffin? Kind of what this feels like.

Well, despite starting with a similar premise, part of the charm is that, despite the haremettes being the ostentible draw, Keitaro actually grew as a person and went from "non-descript, non-threatening nice guy with nothing going for him except his gag inhability to get injured" to "dorky young adult who is slowly coming to understand that dreams aren't just gonna be handed to you and is working for it". While Raku seems to be getting blander by the chapter.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Mirage posted:

"I know it now ... it's so clear ... the person I love ... my only real true love ... is Yui."

Acceptable.

Wark Say posted:

Her mom, though...

Also acceptable.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Shere posted:

Ken isn't trying to milk a broken system for all its worth.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Shere posted:

TBH the normal thing is trying to end your story in a big flashy way.

Slowly eliminating love interests one at a time like they're on a hit list is...weird. I can't think of any other Rom Coms offhand that went this route.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

madmac posted:

TBH the normal thing is trying to end your story in a big flashy way.

Slowly eliminating love interests one at a time like they're on a hit list is...weird. I can't think of any other Rom Coms offhand that went this route.

Series typically do that because popularity has floundered and the magazine has given the author a hard deadline to end the comic by, so gently caress, better come up with something that ends the whole series in like, ten chapters! Or at least that's how every other rom com I've read has felt like when it gets to the last dozen or so chapters.

But yeah, slowly and painfully wrapping things up, one girl at a time, is kinda weird. They don't even get happy endings, they're just being ditched.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Tsugumi had better get a goddamn happy ending.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

SatansBestBuddy posted:

But yeah, slowly and painfully wrapping things up, one girl at a time, is kinda weird. They don't even get happy endings, they're just being ditched.

There are no happy endings for the "other" girls when the harem meets reality.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Wark Say posted:

Well, despite starting with a similar premise, part of the charm is that, despite the haremettes being the ostentible draw, Keitaro actually grew as a person and went from "non-descript, non-threatening nice guy with nothing going for him except his gag inhability to get injured" to "dorky young adult who is slowly coming to understand that dreams aren't just gonna be handed to you and is working for it". While Raku seems to be getting blander by the chapter.

Gag? I'm pretty sure Keitaro is a member of UQ Holder. :colbert:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

madmac posted:

It might be because of the high popularity of each of the different girls (as a result of the popularity of the series as a whole). I don't recall something like Love Hina having a bunch of fans who honestly thought there was a chance in hell of Keitarou ending up with anyone other than Narusegawa, and I don't think any of the other girls had high popularity in the sense of "I hope the MC ends up with her!", so there was no need to have some conclusion for each of them.

So, while normally you could just end the series and not give a resolution to any of the girls the MC doesn't end up with, in this case they might feel a need to give each of the girls an ending to their stories, even if it's a lovely ending.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter of Nisekoi - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Chapter-205?id=264554

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Didn't we just discard a character who had exactly this arc?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mirage posted:

Didn't we just discard a character who had exactly this arc?

True, but Tsugumi has bigger baps and is slightly more expressive wrt her doofus behavior.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Sharing this from the winter thread:

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Well, I mean, that is a Japanese game from Japan I like, so.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Chapter-206?id=265130

Being the final chapter of the "sweep Tsugumi out of the story" arc.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Weeeell ...

Tsugumi may be best girl but this is perfectly in line with her personality, so ehh, I guess. Just one more heart to break now.

The whole revelation came at an incredibly breakneck pace for Nisekoi though. Before it would have taken her thirty chapters to decide that Chitoge's smile meant something, ten chapters to build up the courage to ask her, and five more to do the silent confession thing. Komi must be sick of all this fumfering around and is ready to light this candle.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Goddammit, not cool, Komi!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
So will the true resolution be this quick, or are we in for another 30 chapters of back-and-forth coming up?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

SpacePig posted:

So will the true resolution be this quick, or are we in for another 30 chapters of back-and-forth coming up?

It'll have to tie up the picture book and the locket, so there'll be some kind of stuff going on I'm sure.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Allarion posted:

It'll have to tie up the picture book and the locket, so there'll be some kind of stuff going on I'm sure.

Oh, right. The Tokyo U promise. I completely forgot about those things. Jesus. I hope he just throws the locket into the goddamn ocean and makes his decision on his own.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Tough choice Raku: do you take the super hot rich girl you already have a functional romantic relationship with, or the super hot girl who works at the bakery who you can barely hold a conversation with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Angry Grimace posted:

Tough choice Raku: do you take the super hot rich girl you already have a functional romantic relationship with, or the super hot girl who works at the bakery who you can barely hold a conversation with?

Find out after these messages!

In all seriousness, though: Just go with the goofy tsundere that likes you and that you recently started feeling comfortable with, dumbass! How is this eve-- oh, right. Harem Manga/Anime rules. My bad.

• Locked thread