Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bad Seafood posted:

Midler is legit forgettable but I will always always always remember Captain Tennille as the dude who underwent no doubt expensive 80s plastic surgery and practiced God only knows how long to perfectly mimic and replace the real captain to the degree that even his former crew had no idea, only for Jotaro to immediately call his bluff.

And considering that I think he just did it to get to the Joestars, how much time did he have to prepare? I mean, not only was taking his ship pretty soon after they left Japan, it wasn't even on the original itinerary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baal posted:

Further evidence that Star Platinum is Jonathan like that one awful fan comic tried to theorize

Counterpoint: Jonathan is a nerde who does not like punching things and only does it when he has to.
Splattynum LOVES punching things.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Star Putanesca is better, thank you

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Baal please let me in on your LP so I can present my essay on why Part 4 is cool and how literally every part if it is about how it's rad to be involved and support your town and fellow citizens.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Baal let me in your LP and I'll talk about my LP.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Waffleman I will get you for the Seventh Stand User one off I plan to do if ur cool with that.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Baal please let me in on your LP so I can present my essay on why Part 4 is cool and how literally every part if it is about how it's rad to be involved and support your town and fellow citizens.

Sorry can't let you upstage me I have my own Part 4 essay for when I cover that

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Baal let me into your LP so I can read my Jojo slash fiction.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Get your mic ready for tonight. we do it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

aaaaaa i want the new jojolion already

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
This is the first time I've ever had to wait for a new JoJo thing and I don't think I like that this is what the rest of my whole life is going to be now

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

aaaaaa i want the new jojolion already

they didn't even have a raw yesterday (still may not) so it'll be a while

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Forktoss posted:

This is the first time I've ever had to wait for a new JoJo thing and I don't think I like that this is what the rest of my whole life is going to be now

I used to let jojolion stack up for a while before reading but now that it's going great guns again I find I lack self control.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Laser eyes rule and are so dope that if you call them an asspull you suck.

Starfinger is really dopey BUT is also super funny because it's so dorky and is the least cool way to win a fight which fits image of jotaro's fragile machismo giving way to an embarrassing asspull to win in a pinch.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

DamnGlitch posted:

Laser eyes rule and are so dope that if you call them an asspull you suck.

Good thing no one did.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, i don't think anyone has ever insulted space ripper stingy eyes. it kinda makes sense that a vampire can pressurize their blood and fire it from their eyes in some weird way, i guess.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Dias posted:

Good thing no one did.

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah, i don't think anyone has ever insulted space ripper stingy eyes. it kinda makes sense that a vampire can pressurize their blood and fire it from their eyes in some weird way, i guess.

Dias posted:

I also got a bit huffy when Dio fragged Jonathan with his dumb laser eyes , so maybe I'm just weak to piercing attacks.

Dias posted:

dumb laser eyes.

:mad:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

I didn't say I thought the laser eyes were an asspull, you imbecile. I said I was upset about the dumb laser eyes because they fragged Jonathan in one shot.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Chill out dude, sheesh.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

DamnGlitch posted:

Chill out dude, sheesh.

I'm just saying you can't read or interpret text, I'm pretty chill. Are we chill now, because I don't want this to keep going.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Baal posted:

Waffleman I will get you for the Seventh Stand User one off I plan to do if ur cool with that.

I feel like unless your one-off was a 2 hour video, it probably wouldn't be a good showcase of what makes the game good to do a one-off vid of it :shrug:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oi, for actual related discussion, Jojolion is up to part 50 translated as of right now, no? I'm bad at this scan thing, the site I use has it up to that chapter.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yes, the one that just came out and has yet to be translated is 51

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Johnny Joestar posted:

yes, the one that just came out and has yet to be translated is 51

Thanks, dude. Digging whatever the gently caress Jojolion is so far, wasn't sure if I made it to the end so far but I guess so.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Dias posted:

Jojolion is up to part 50
What beautiful future is this from which you hail?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Bad Seafood posted:

What beautiful future is this from which you hail?

Chapter then? Although I wouldn't mind Guppy's Bizarre Adventure to have 40 parts.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
"Part" is typically used to denote different story arcs, though maybe you knew that already. Phantom Blood is Part 1, Battle Tendency is Part 2, etc. Jojolion is Part 8.

So imagine, if you will: Part 50.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Is there any easy way to download the good Part 5 translations past Volume 2? I swear they were up to The Sick rear end Train Fight and I had them downloaded at some point, but now seems like they've been obliterated from the internet, unless I'm just super stupid. I know Batoto has them, but I have no idea if you can download from Batoto super easily.

I don't think this is a :files: question, but again I could be real dumb so I'm sorry.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Moltrey posted:

Is there any easy way to download the good Part 5 translations past Volume 2? I swear they were up to The Sick rear end Train Fight and I had them downloaded at some point, but now seems like they've been obliterated from the internet, unless I'm just super stupid. I know Batoto has them, but I have no idea if you can download from Batoto super easily.

I think the jjca site only has volume 2 so not that I know of if you mean the updated translations? :(

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

By the time Part 5 rolls around we will all be dead and Araki will look like a fetus.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I think the jjca site only has volume 2 so not that I know of if you mean the updated translations? :(
Yep, the JJCA site is where I got em from, and I felt like I had the good translation in B/W up to Grateful Dead, but maybe not? Cause hell if I can find em again.

Cabinet posted:

By the time Part 5 rolls around we will all be dead and Araki will look like a fetus.
We might get the Part 5 anime by 2020 and by that point, someone should just up upload subtitled screenshots into a zip file to manga hosting sites and just be done with it

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 23, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Bad Seafood posted:

"Part" is typically used to denote different story arcs, though maybe you knew that already. Phantom Blood is Part 1, Battle Tendency is Part 2, etc. Jojolion is Part 8.

I knew, hehe. For whatever reason I call chapters "parts" sometimes, probably some weird mental translation thing. I didn't even realize I did it until you mentioned it.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Bad Seafood posted:

We wrap back around and the protagonists are all using Heroic Egyptian Stands to fight against an ancient enemy trying to prevent them from constructing the Pyramids, which are actually grain silos intended to awaken Stands in all people.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Speaking of the Part 5 new translation, they're up to Baby Face and this line is still super funny

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Ex-Cops Hate Him

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

'go big or go home' - son of an rear end in a top hat vampire

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

rear end in a top hat vampire

Kinu Nishimura