Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Speaking of Kamehameha, is it supposed to link from space 1 to 3 (or 3 to 1) , or is only supposed to link to the other 2 characters if you pull off a Super in the middle? Because I've seen some characters link it to all three, but other times only spaces 1 and 2 get the benefit of the skill. Are certain characters bugged?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
They're more XP, is all. I don't think they drop anything extra since they don't drop cards.

Cozz posted:

Speaking of Kamehameha, is it supposed to link from space 1 to 3 (or 3 to 1) , or is only supposed to link to the other 2 characters if you pull off a Super in the middle? Because I've seen some characters link it to all three, but other times only spaces 1 and 2 get the benefit of the skill. Are certain characters bugged?

Kamehameha is weird, yeah. 2 doesn't pass up to 3 unless it hits the super as well, but will link back to 1 if 3 hits a super.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 23, 2016

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Haerc posted:

K, I'll keep trying. Should I bother with King Cold/Freeza/whoever shows up, or just rush to Trunks?

I just rush to Trunks, I don't think King Cold/Freeza drop. I could be wrong.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I got the Dokkan Coora with the stones from the Metal Coora event, so that's one Dokkan character out of the way. I've been saving all my stones for the Cell Games event, because that's what has all the characters I really want.

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I just rush to Trunks, I don't think King Cold/Freeza drop. I could be wrong.

The path they are on does have a lot of Ki+ or gold items and they are actually very easy to take down. I usually take their path if it has something good on it.
Speaking of cards dropping, has anyone had the Goku at the end drop? I've seen it posted on other pages that it can but I've not had a single one drop.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Nobody but trunks drops an item so I doubt they drop cards

Also why doesn't he have bombardment

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

visceril posted:

Also why doesn't he have bombardment

According to the Wiki, the new wave of Strike event fighters have different link skills that haven't been implemented in global yet

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Ammat The Ankh posted:

According to the Wiki, the new wave of Strike event fighters have different link skills that haven't been implemented in global yet

Oh ok cool.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Finally done 1000 Metal Cooras. My WT experience has made me numb to grinding. Hurray dragon stones!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Double PHY SSG Goku is awesome. I just did 278k damage to Mecha Frieza with my SA3 Ultimate Gohan. :ssj::frogout:

It's funny, after all this time, I'm still only up to 2 Mecha Friezas. I should look into actually using him, given that I have natural Golden Frieza.

At least I got Trunks up to SA10.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Since new accounts get 42 stones I thought I'd try rerolling (manually). After rolling over 500 stones, I am once again reminded why I haven't spent money on this game.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Is it best to just run nightmare returns on normal for the missions?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

Double PHY SSG Goku is awesome. I just did 278k damage to Mecha Frieza with my SA3 Ultimate Gohan. :ssj::frogout:

It's funny, after all this time, I'm still only up to 2 Mecha Friezas. I should look into actually using him, given that I have natural Golden Frieza.

At least I got Trunks up to SA10.

I'm the exact opposite. I have Mecha Frieza to SA 10 already, but Trunks is at about 3 I think? Still working on him, but double Pikkon all Agi team is hilarious. Every single turn just about is 3x Supers.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I'm the exact opposite. I have Mecha Frieza to SA 10 already, but Trunks is at about 3 I think? Still working on him, but double Pikkon all Agi team is hilarious. Every single turn just about is 3x Supers.

It entirely depends on the color of the team I'm running which I prefer. It comes down to the average quality of super, AGL and STR have a lot of supreme Kamehameha and the others don't.

AGL is Pikkon and is all Kamehameha all day, STR is Broly/Grandpa Gohan and the same effect. TEQ is Super Buu and raw beatdown, same deal with SSG Goku on my PHY team. INT is where I have a problem, neither Mecha Frieza nor King Vegeta are that good, and the best +attack guy is +40% SSJ Vegeta. I could see an argument for +ki on my Kamehameha-heavy PHY team, but that'd require ditching a good, hard-hitting card for King Cold or Piccolo Jr.

Here's my teams, for reference:
AGL - Pikkon, SSG Goku, Kaioken Goku, SSJ2 Gohan, Max Power Roshi, <SSJ2 Goku/SSJ Adult Gohan/Kid Trunks>
STR - Broly, Evil Buu, SSJ Goku (new), SSJ Goten (new), Goku, Max Power Roshi.
TEQ - Super Buu, FF Frieza, Majin Vegeta, SSJ Goku, SSJ2 Goku, <Whis/Bunny Bulma/Beerus>
PHY - SSG Goku, Ultimate Gohan, Kaioken Goku, SSJ Goku, SSJ Adult Gohan, Perfect Cell
INT - SSJ Vegeta/King Vegeta/Mecha Frieza, Golden Frieza, Perfect Cell, SSJ Adult Gohan, SSJ Future Trunks, ??? (Future 18, Bulma, Mr. Buu, SSJ Teen Gohan?)

Speaking of AGL Kamehameha teams, man is SSJ2 AGL Goku unimpressive. I'd rather run SSJ Kid Trunks or Max Power Roshi. I mean, I know mine's SA1, but he has a hard time breaking 30k. The +3ki is nice, but I dunno. This isn't to mention SSJ Adult Gohan and his SSG Goku-level super.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 24, 2016

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I might be having terrible luck, but I have only 3 drops TOTAL on the Metal Coora. And this with at least 500+ kills of Metal Cooras so far running the last two on Z-Hard.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Speaking of AGL Kamehameha teams, man is SSJ2 AGL Goku unimpressive. I'd rather run SSJ Kid Trunks or Max Power Roshi. I mean, I know mine's SA1, but he has a hard time breaking 30k. The +3ki is nice, but I dunno. This isn't to mention SSJ Adult Gohan and his SSG Goku-level super.

Well, when you have characters like AGL SSG Goku, it's unimpressive. For those of us for whom the best AGL characters are the likes of Great Saiyaman or DD Goku, it's a tremendous upgrade.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

Well, when you have characters like AGL SSG Goku, it's unimpressive. For those of us for whom the best AGL characters are the likes of Great Saiyaman or DD Goku, it's a tremendous upgrade.

I was avoiding comparing the two, it's apples and bigger, more explody apples. There's a handful of cards in that range, but I'm talking about the average SSR. I was just expecting more from him, I guess, since he rates so highly on tier lists.

It also really shows the advantage that SA level and 12-ki multiplier offer to cards. My Roshi's got a higher SA (10) and multiplier (130% vs 125%), and it shows in a dramatic difference in damage, even with the 1000 point attack difference and extreme super (220%+15%/level vs 250%+20%/level). SSJ2 Gohan's multiplier (120%) and attack are both lower, but his higher SA level (4) definitely puts him over on an SA1 AGL SSJ2 Goku.

isme posted:

I might be having terrible luck, but I have only 3 drops TOTAL on the Metal Coora. And this with at least 500+ kills of Metal Cooras so far running the last two on Z-Hard.

I'm not doing much better, I'm at 5 total (3 types) and a bit under the 500 mark.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 24, 2016

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, the multiplier is a huge difference.

With that said, the reason AGL SSJ2 Goku still ranks as a mid-tier SSR is because he's able to unleash supers more easily on his own so he has a place in many teams. Being able to do supers often easily outweighs greater super damage on non-monotype teams.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 24, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

Yeah, the multiplier is a huge difference.

With that said, the reason AGL SSJ2 Goku still ranks as a mid-tier SSR is because he's able to unleash supers more easily on his own so he has a place in many teams. Being able to do supers often easily outweighs greater super damage on non-monotype teams.

Yeah, that's definitely a good point. He's a solid card, but he doesn't really shine for what I'm using him for. I'd think he was amazing if he was INT rather than AGL!

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Obviously its not fair to compare a card with SA1 to a SA4 card. Much less SA10.

His +Ki passive is pretty useless in a mono-AGL team, thanks to Pikkon. His 12 Ki multiplier is relatively low, which doesn't help either.

However, on his own, he is incredibly strong. Imagine not having any other Shocking Speed/Over in a Flash cards? Stuck in Rainbow hell without a +2 Ki leader? One of the few SSR you have because you're stuck in F2P hell and wasted a lot of stones before the rate ups appeared? Suddenly he's stronger than SSG Goku, who shines thanks to his incredible links with other top tier SSR. Without those, he's just a SSGSS Goku with a better leader skill. SSJ2 Goku doesn't need that junk. He also links better with free SR in general, Pikkon aside. Saiyan Warrior Race, Golden Warrior with the welfare SSJ (Both have the SSJ-link, but Golden Warrior is better) and Kamehameha. Yes, SSJ2s Kamehameha link is better than SSGs, since he is 3-4 Ki ahead of SSG, if you take away the premium links.

If you have a full SSR AGL team, then yeah, SSJ2 Goku can fall off, but lets be honest here, most people don't and in a random mish-mash of Gacha cards and whatever event cards you can scrounge together he's incredible.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Why is Pikkon better than Vegeta?

Is it just shocking speed?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

visceril posted:

Why is Pikkon better than Vegeta?

Is it just shocking speed?

Yes and no. In a low-budget team Pikkon has the better links - Strongest Duo on Earth is better than Saiyan Warrior Race/Prodigy and features on Angel Goku, SR AGL Goku and SR AGL Piccolo who are all strong and relatively easy to get cards.
In a SSR/SSJ team Vegeta isn't even close to being the highest hitter anymore and his personal +40% ATK really falls off compared to +10% ATK for your team from Pikkons passive.
Also yes, Shocking Speed is an incredible link.

Actually, in a low-budget team you'd use both since they're both very good.

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 25, 2016

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
At this point I use neither because is rather just have 2 normal hits than a super and basically a skipped turn

But eh, I guess when I didn't have as strong cards I also didn't have any shocking speed cards besides Pikkon so I always saw Vegeta as the better card

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I'll always have a soft spot for SSJ2 AGL Goku, as he was my first SSR and held a long spot on my Super Sayian Team, plus as soon as I got a Bardock (and much like Bardock, he's dropped in power) he was usually at 5 KI on my team. His damage (even at SA level 4 for me) hasn't been able to keep up with my monster hitters( SSGGoku, SSJ3 Goku, SSJ Gohan), but he still serves as a pretty good support character on my all Super Sayian + Roshi AGL team, which is SSGSS Goku, SSG Goku, SSJ Goku, SSJ2 Goku, SSJ Gohan and Max Power Roshi.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Wuxi posted:

Obviously its not fair to compare a card with SA1 to a SA4 card. Much less SA10.

His +Ki passive is pretty useless in a mono-AGL team, thanks to Pikkon. His 12 Ki multiplier is relatively low, which doesn't help either.

If you have a full SSR AGL team, then yeah, SSJ2 Goku can fall off, but lets be honest here, most people don't and in a random mish-mash of Gacha cards and whatever event cards you can scrounge together he's incredible.

Yeah, these are good points. I'm not saying he's not good, because he clearly is a solid card, especially for a player that can't reliably run strong link combos. A buddy of mine got him early on and it did a lot for him. I'd even argue his link with SSJ Bardock is pretty good for that sort of player, even if it does lower his utility for people with a lot of higher-offense SSJs.

I might over-value cards with good support passives, but I try to evaluate them in a vacuum as best I can, since I have so many options. I mostly just saw him high on all the reddit tier lists, when equally rock-solid self-supporting cards like SSJ Future Trunks or AGL Max Power Roshi are almost as good and are way lower on the list.

I'd also agree that Pikkon is better in the long haul, but Vegeta's pretty buff early on. As always, it's all down to what you have as to how you value stuff.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 25, 2016

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
If I had AGL SSJ2 Goku, it would be my best AGL card instead Max Power Roshi with Kamehameha link followed by +3 Ki Vegeta. Not everyone is lucky enough to get those super SSR AGL card (with my 1.83% summon chance!) that will never drop for me.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think Max Power Roshi is awesome, personally. He finds a spot on a lot of teams for me.

Since we were talking about Pikkon and Vegeta, how about the other +ki leaders? I was trying to figure out who was better between King Cold and Piccolo Jr. I feel like they're pretty similar if you don't care about the links.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Feb 25, 2016

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I usually go with Piccolo Jr. because they both link as bad with the rest of my PHY cards but Piccolo's knockout chance has saved my bacon a few times.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

I think Max Power Roshi is awesome, personally. He finds a spot on a lot of teams for me.

Since we were talking about Pikkon and Vegeta, how about the other +ki leaders? I was trying to figure out who was better between King Cold and Piccolo Jr. I feel like they're pretty similar if you don't care about the links.

King Cold's Strike event just so happens to be going right now, so level up his SA if you want. I was sad to see Trunks go today as I was at SA level 7. :(

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I like King Cold because he has good HP and ATK, and most of my other PHY cards have high enough defense to cover him. Usually I end up rolling with both though.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I typically go Piccolo for the reasons described.

Now, Jackie Chun or Mighty Mask?

JK it's not even a competition

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Also Cyborg Tao seems to get better over time.

Though I would like to see the Dodon Ray link expanded to him and Shen

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

visceril posted:

Also Cyborg Tao seems to get better over time.

Though I would like to see the Dodon Ray link expanded to him and Shen

Yeah, it's weird that they don't have it when they're so hardcore about Kamehameha. Would make Crane School teams pretty viable, even if nobody had better than a huge super.

There's so many good STR SRs with Kamehameha that I feel like Grandpa Gohan is the stronger choice, generally. Yamcha, Saiyan Among Us Goku, both Roshis, even that Dokkan'd Kid Krillin isn't awful. Heck, basically half the STR SSRs have it, too. If Broly didn't have that +atk part to his leader skill, Grandpa Gohan would be a more useful leader.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 25, 2016

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Hmm, I'm thinking of making a Roshi team.

I have all three Max roshis, STR Roshi, Jackie Chun, Grandpa Gohan, Kid Krillin, and the free kid Goku

What else Should I put in here

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

SR STR Yamcha has both Turtle School and Kamehameha so that'd fit nicely but you'll be missing INT and PHY coverage.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I'm up to 48 stones. I want to save them for a multipull during the LR Cell event. Do we have any indication when that would be coming?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
https://dbz.space/gashas/53

30 stone multi-rolls. Save your stones for that if you want to roll sometime soon.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ChronoReverse posted:

https://dbz.space/gashas/53

30 stone multi-rolls. Save your stones for that if you want to roll sometime soon.

That is tempting I'll probably do one just to tempt fate. Really though I'm saving stones for the Fusion event.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

That is tempting I'll probably do one just to tempt fate. Really though I'm saving stones for the Fusion event.

This is pretty much my stance on it. I already have ssj3goku, weight of hope goku and ultimate gohan. I really should wait for the PHY Vegeta nuking leader to do any summoning but... Fat gotenks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I was thinking about it, and I don't think I have any reason to pull.

Am I missing anything?