Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Kakarot posted:

For what?

Live streams of the update-- like here.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

trucutru posted:

You can be anything in Star Citizen. But if you want to be a pirate then getting kicked out of the game is only natural.

Also, the com relay stuff is idiotic. So turning one off gives you criminal points, which ground you for a little while but in exchange now all the other goonies can now freely kill the suckers in that area? Well, I don't see any way to exploit that!
Yeah I can see this backfiring on the carebear community much like in EVE once miners were allowed to attack ore thieves without the space cops showing up: they got bodied because by the game's rules the thieves had a right to defend themselves and they weren't flying loving mining barges.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Would you kindly copy/paste that so those of us who are banned can actually read them?

Dude, it's huge. Here we go:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hahahaha what a terrible sounding theoretical game, timeout for having fun.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Ash1138 posted:

Yeah I can see this backfiring on the carebear community much like in EVE once miners were allowed to attack ore thieves without the space cops showing up: they got bodied because by the game's rules the thieves had a right to defend themselves and they weren't flying loving mining barges.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Would you kindly copy/paste that so those of us who are banned can actually read them?

I was going to but it's like 4 loving pages long. It'll be up on reddit soon I'm sure and I wont be lynched for posting it all here.

e; nevermind space toaster is a better human being than I am.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dusty Lens posted:

I was going to but it's like 4 loving pages long. It'll be up on reddit soon I'm sure and I wont be lynched for posting it all here.

e; nevermind space toaster is a better human being than I am.

waay more than 4 pages.

There's a mountain more. But this is enough. lol

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Did they fix the bug where every interaction requires a 20 second unskippable cut scene?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Khanstant posted:

hahahaha what a terrible sounding theoretical game, timeout for having fun.
Which is a shame because everything else about it actually sounds kind of interesting.

:nice:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Cool. Looks like a lot of work.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Only -9.0s kids will get this!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Cool. Looks like a lot of work.

A lot of these patch notes could be condensed. It reads like the army cookbook manual on preparing a chocolate chip cookie.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

CashEnsign posted:

Did they fix the bug where every interaction requires a 20 second unskippable cut scene?

Not to worry, eveything works as intended commando o9

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

A lot of these patch notes could be condensed. It reads like the army cookbook manual on preparing a chocolate chip cookie.

Quantity has a quality of its own.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
much like our posting (tm)

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

BeefThief posted:

So that's it? They didn't fix anything, just instituted some retarded timers to do...something? Even if you are locked in your space bedroom, you can jump through your bed to go directly to the landing pad and steal another commando's chariot immediately.

Fix what? It's already the perfect game, just believe in dreams.

Glory to the Stimpire

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

yes and I cant wait for him to come back next week.

Patch Notes:

Compare that to the month-old community predictions:

quote:

• Hangar expansion
• Casaba outlet (IG shop)
↳ Character & ship customisation w/ persistence
↳ Item purchases and renting
• Item system 2.0
• Power management
• Nyx landing zone (interior)
↳ Exterior w/ procedural planet generation
• Cargo & loot drops
• NPC pirates
✗ MP party system
• Performance
• More missions
✓ Physicalised EVA (again)
• Game manual

Ships:
• Starfarer
• Reliant
✓ Sabre
• Constellation & Freelancer variants
• Prowler
✓ Xi’an scout
• Herald

Ah, that brings back memories.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
These guys live in some sort of alternate universe featured in the twilight zone.

Why do you care if what you bought isn't what you got? It's pretty close!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I cant tell if its meant to be some sort of weird tactic for saving face or just regular ol' incompetence. CIG makes it so hard sometimes.

They probably made some coding changes to the menu UI, and whatever they had done to hide the star marine menus had stopped working. I'm going with CIG grade incompetence.

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

Can someone explain this to me? They have shield extenders, that's like they are trying to passive tank, but then mixed with armor hardeners on a ship designed more for shields. Emergency damage control, for structure tanking? Is this like someone not checking what their EHP before equipping stuff, or capacitor drain, considering they have no cap? Like how do people get out of frigates if they don't fundamentally understand game mechanics.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

A thread so dangerous, it wasn't just closed :rip:

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
No fun allowed.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
man there is gonna be some quality AP gifs soon.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Dusty Lens posted:

Yeah, it's puffed a lot with superfluous detail, like instead of just listing "improved a bunch of animations" like any other developer would do, they list out half a page of animation descriptions that have change ever so slightly.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

So, what happens bounty-wise if you keep leaving ships for people to run into?
Is the bounty attached to the ship-character or the player-character? Can you steal a ship with a pilot, shoot some poo poo, get a bounty, then eva though the front glass leaving the bounty on the sucker behind?

Ah, found CIG's greatest fear

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Feb 23, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Wookie Bouquet posted:

Can someone explain this to me? They have shield extenders, that's like they are trying to passive tank, but then mixed with armor hardeners on a ship designed more for shields. Emergency damage control, for structure tanking? Is this like someone not checking what their EHP before equipping stuff, or capacitor drain, considering they have no cap? Like how do people get out of frigates if they don't fundamentally understand game mechanics.

It's an EVE forum classic.

It was (and still is) the poster-child of new guy racing to get “the big ship” and not understanding what works and why, thus making an absolute mess of the fittings and going out on a blaze of non-glory soon thereafter. He also managed to fail at forum posting while trying to figure out what went wrong: a spectacular septuple-post ensued.

But yes, fundamentally, it's a “I try to protect against everything” fit that doesn't understand what protects against what and how to fit to the ship's strengths (incorrect module sizes, dual-tanking, wrong tanking profile, no consideration to damage profile, wasted slots, anti-combat fitting, appalling damage output etc).

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
So, let me get this straight.

1) If I disable a comm beacon, it makes me a criminal but stops the cops from noticing me kill people.
2) Disabled comm beacons spawn quests for other players to show up and turn them back on.

So all this really does is create a convenient funnel to send unprepared players to their deaths?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Nemo2342 posted:

1) If I disable a comm beacon, it makes me a criminal but stops the cops from noticing me kill people.
2) Disabled comm beacons spawn quests for other players to show up and turn them back on.

So all this really does is create a convenient funnel to send unprepared players to their deaths?

But they spent thousands of dollars on their ships. How can they lose?!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Tippis posted:

Compare that to the month-old community predictions:

quote:

• Hangar expansion
• Casaba outlet (IG shop)
↳ Character & ship customisation w/ persistence
↳ Item purchases and renting
• Item system 2.0
• Power management
• Nyx landing zone (interior)
↳ Exterior w/ procedural planet generation
• Cargo & loot drops
• NPC pirates
✗ MP party system
• Performance
• More missions
✓ Physicalised EVA (again)
• Game manual

Ships:
• Starfarer
• Reliant
✓ Sabre
• Constellation & Freelancer variants
• Prowler
✓ Xi’an scout
• Herald

Well, the RSI community is officially a more reliable source than Chris Roberts.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Toops posted:

Well, the RSI community is officially a more reliable source than Chris Roberts.

They scored a whopping 12.5% correct(ish) guesses on that one, so yup.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm not sure why nobody is able to communicate text information via the medium of anything besides screenshots, but here's a pastebin of the patch notes in full:

http://pastebin.com/yBxWyQDt

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nemo2342 posted:

"Goons are only against Star Citizen because it will have harsh punishments against their kind of griefing."

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Chalks posted:

I'm not sure why nobody is able to communicate text information via the medium of anything besides screenshots, but here's a pastebin of the patch notes in full:

http://pastebin.com/yBxWyQDt

Thanks. I've been meaning to read all of this stupid poo poo.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Derek can't appear in a courtroom with CRobberts because they're the same person

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Berious posted:

nice work, but I'm sad stimpire or jpeg didn't make the cut

The fourth stimpire may not be in our word cloud, but it is in our hearts. More and more so, doubling every second.

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

Tippis posted:

It's an EVE forum classic.

It was (and still is) the poster-child of new guy racing to get “the big ship” and not understanding what works and why, thus making an absolute mess of the fittings and going out on a blaze of non-glory soon thereafter. He also managed to fail at forum posting while trying to figure out what went wrong: a spectacular septuple-post ensued.

But yes, fundamentally, it's a “I try to protect against everything” fit that doesn't understand what protects against what and how to fit to the ship's strengths (incorrect module sizes, dual-tanking, wrong tanking profile, no consideration to damage profile, wasted slots, anti-combat fitting, appalling damage output etc).

What the gently caress. This guy had to be trolling.

I think the sad thing is that this guy wasted so much time getting into it and then fundamentally not understanding how the game worked. But actually, I would like to say that it's also OK to be bad at video games :colbert:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Beep boop

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319406/ten-4-the-dissapointed

I wonder how long until it gets moved to the concern forum then closed for not having a poll

Letter from the Chairman: $18 Million!

Christ Robers posted:

(Note that we have not included the workbench; that’s because it will be a useful gameplay element in the future. It will be needed for pilots seeking to overclock their own ship components!)

They cut the $10 work bench overclocking thing? When/where did this happen?

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
I like how SC is going the EVE route of managing gameplay through "okay hold on you're not allowed to have fun for 10 minutes" timers rather than, say, incentivising bounty hunting or adding player-manned anti-aircraft guns or whatever other solutions would involve playing the game instead of just putting down your controller for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

AP posted:

Letter from the Chairman: $18 Million!

They cut the $10 work bench overclocking thing? When/where did this happen?

there will be another more expensive thing for retards to buy when he remembers

• Locked thread