Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I have an i3 as well and disabling core0 (not 0 and 1) and putting the game in high priority stops my very infrequent FPS dips.

Still had ~20ish fps but also came with bonus sound distortion.

Dias posted:

I was having similar issues and upgrading to Windows 10 solved them, which I assume had more to do with deleting all old video card driver information and reinstalling it than anything to do with Windows itself, so you could try that.

Welp, guess I know what I'll be looking into tomorrow.

But hey, at least I could log in! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

For survival mode, is which power ups are available each round random or pre-set? Got to fight 30 on Normal with Chun-Li but of course the choice is low health recovery instead of medium, high, or full. It was a setup!

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Heavy Metal posted:

For survival mode, is which power ups are available each round random or pre-set? Got to fight 30 on Normal with Chun-Li but of course the choice is low health recovery instead of medium, high, or full. It was a setup!

Random, I got a low health powerup for my 29th and 30th fight the first time I did normal. When I ended up dying at 30 but when I redid it I got a high and full.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I don't understand why they wouldn't make an expensive extra life every 10 rounds or something.

A good chunk of the options are retarded nonsense. "LOL HERES 10 TIMES THE POINTZZZZZZ IF U DONT DIE IN WUN HIT"
"NOW U CAN'T BE STUNNED, BECAUSE IF YOU'RE HIT ENOUGH TO BE STUNNED YOU'RE TOTALLY NOT DEAD"

The mode would have actually been fun if the upgrades cost more but stacked, like when blazeblue did it or like MOM or something.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
nevermind.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Feb 23, 2016

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Okay, really stupid question, but I'm having some trouble with training mode. I know you can set your dummy to perform certain actions when they guard or wake up. I was hoping to instead set some general actions that they would preform automatically without me attacking first. Specifically, I want Ryu to pump out fireballs so that I can practice countering them. How do I do that?

Funkameleon
Jan 27, 2009
at 29/30 for survival: you've been disconnected from the server.

Up until recently playing as Nash has been a real shitshow for me. I'm doing a lot better now after switching back and forth with Zangief, I think he's teaching me how to pick and choose with my normals a lot better. Everyone at my scrub tier level is still acting like they are playing against a training dummy so it's been paying dividends

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Okay, really stupid question, but I'm having some trouble with training mode. I know you can set your dummy to perform certain actions when they guard or wake up. I was hoping to instead set some general actions that they would preform automatically without me attacking first. Specifically, I want Ryu to pump out fireballs so that I can practice countering them. How do I do that?

You can record actions with the dummy and then play them back too. It's a different dummy option in the training menu.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

lamentable dustman posted:

Random, I got a low health powerup for my 29th and 30th fight the first time I did normal. When I ended up dying at 30 but when I redid it I got a high and full.

Thanks, hope I get lucky, also they should give me fight bucks for trying this a billion times, yessir.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

good stuff but id like to add that back roll vs quick rise is no difference in timing or else this would not work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gfPvr--W8s

unless im totally misunderstanding something. Both are same timing just so no one thinks back roll is the fastest

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i really don't think i am a good enough player to make it to gold with laura. she has so many matchups that are straight up bad.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
That video clearly shows that normal and back recovery have different timings because the f+rh is -2 if they normal recover and +2 if they quick recover, though? You can also just record a meaty setup in the corner to hit normal recover and then play it back and do back roll and it will whiff if there's not enough active frames.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

had a super rough night online tonight. thought i could skip warm up and jump straight in cause i was pressed for time before bed. bad idea.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
I'm not good at this game yet but today I definitely got better at it. Feels good man.

Ryu protips:
-Ryu barely needs his ex moves, basically only use them if you're doing a combo and it's your only way into a knockdown. Save your meter for super.
-cr.lk cr.lp xx hp shoryu hit confirm is important, it's the best way to deal with people holding jump/straight back/mashing throw/mashing normals on their wake up. Also not a bad thing to go for after a cross-up j.mk. Please practice doing this into Ryu's super.
-st.mp is Ryu's best damage finding button when approaching someone, make sure you have hit confirms for both standing and crouching opponents, also please practice doing these into super. If you wanna be a baller, practice verifying counter hit st.mp into sweep!
-Walk forward cr.mk xx fireball is still good in this game and still has the tendency to give you a DP instead of a fireball due to the forward input from walking. If you do cr.mk xx half circle forward it tends to add just the right amount of delay to always give you a fireball instead. You should also be able to combo THIS into super.
-Ryu's shimmy button is st.mk and it's good, it's got good range obviously and V-Trigger cancelling it leaves him slightly closer to the opponent than other buttons and at most ranges you can generally get st.HP into super. At the tip of its range you "only" get raw super (still worth).
-After you guard break with a fully charged Denjin fireball or super you have time to dash forward once and then get b+HK into combo. The damage prorates hard off the guard break but it's still pretty cool.
-If Ryu is in V-Trigger and is able to touch with a blocked jump in, he can blockstring into cr.HP xx HP shoryu xx super, guard break, b+HK into whatever, looks to do 200 - 250 damage total, because they BLOCKED. Crazy. Obviously they can V-Reversal to stop this setup, unless they're already in V-Trigger state themselves........................

edit: I've been grinding out all of the above in training mode, there are some nuances to the inputs on a lot of these that I leave as an exercise to the reader but if anyone really wants help with how to execute A Particular Thing I'll share my own mental notes of how to make sure you're doing the Thing correctly.

Trykt fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Feb 23, 2016

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Dragon punches I get, buy why can some characters hard punch me out of knockdown poison cloud crossup as Fang?

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

That video clearly shows that normal and back recovery have different timings because the f+rh is -2 if they normal recover and +2 if they quick recover, though? You can also just record a meaty setup in the corner to hit normal recover and then play it back and do back roll and it will whiff if there's not enough active frames.

he gets the meaty link jab off both versions so i dont know what you're saying

edit: ah im dumb yes. 4f different it works because he gets counterhits later.. my b. Though it illustrates that quick rise is the fastest and back roll is 4f slower? so still good info to have

Sick! Thats DOPE fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 23, 2016

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

he gets the meaty link jab off both versions so i dont know what you're saying

If they do normal recovery->block, you're at -2 and will get counterhit by a jab. If they do regular recovery and block you're at +2 and will be able to counterhit whatever they stick out.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

sim vs cammy sucks for cammy is the lesson im learning right now

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Question is my computer good enough to play this. Because it runs like poo poo for me.

i5-4200 @ 2.50GHz
gtx 760m
8GB ram

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

MonsterEnvy posted:

Question is my computer good enough to play this. Because it runs like poo poo for me.

i5-4200 @ 2.50GHz
gtx 760m
8GB ram

Some of the lower settings run worse than higher ones. Tweak it a bit.

I came in third at a local tournament. Pretty happy about it.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

put this in the OP

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

I'm now managing to consistently scrape by a decent number of ranked wins with Ryu's simplified gameplan (c.mk/c.hk/throw/hadoken/shoryuken), but am now having huge difficulties with anybody else I try. Necalli I really want to like, but it feels like I can't apply decent pressure without running in and then getting destroyed (or just losing a close range fight that he theoretically he should have the advantage in). Nash keeps on getting destroyed by jump ins (and slow reactions to them). With Ken, I don't have the proper feel for aggression in this game so he's like a worse Ryu.

I think I just don't have a proper feel for when to block, dash/jump, or attack (in addition to execution problems causing dropped combos here and there). What should I do to work on getting a better sense of those things?

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY
friend back in canada linked me a video that is apparently me vs kyo anton's nash (he was a top gouken over here)

i'm at work atm and can't watch it

do i win? does it make me look good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KenF7DjU9gM&feature=youtu.be

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

you don't have a phone you can watch it on?

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

you don't have a phone you can watch it on?

good point

uh oh sudden uncontrollable bathroom break time

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
tbh it wasn't the most exciting video to watch

you lose the first match and win the second one

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The Timely Howard posted:

good point

uh oh sudden uncontrollable bathroom break time

you lame-rear end vega :v:

matches were fine tho

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Lhet posted:

I'm now managing to consistently scrape by a decent number of ranked wins with Ryu's simplified gameplan (c.mk/c.hk/throw/hadoken/shoryuken), but am now having huge difficulties with anybody else I try. Necalli I really want to like, but it feels like I can't apply decent pressure without running in and then getting destroyed (or just losing a close range fight that he theoretically he should have the advantage in). Nash keeps on getting destroyed by jump ins (and slow reactions to them). With Ken, I don't have the proper feel for aggression in this game so he's like a worse Ryu.

I think I just don't have a proper feel for when to block, dash/jump, or attack (in addition to execution problems causing dropped combos here and there). What should I do to work on getting a better sense of those things?

I'm not a good player, so I'll stick to just a couple things I feel confident would help. But if someone good contradicts me then probably go with them.

If they're not coming in because they're spamming fireballs, I think you need to find the range where you can punish that with a jump-in over it. Some characters, not Ryu, also have specials and v-skills which slip right through fireballs if your timing is right.

If they're not coming in because they're defensive and you want to do the opening up, I think you need to either dash in and do a safe one or more hits and try to keep the height or occasional throw unpredictable. That or find what you can combo or cancel into if you catch someone with a poke like a cMK at its max range.

e: And if you get in and knock them down or come in when they're knocked down, you can use jmcroft's video on option selects.

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

sounds about right we go 50/50

YouTube uploaders should just not upload boring matches imo step your game up YouTube

and hell yeah it's lame play bro i play street fighter!! footsies and ~~ honour ~~

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Someone please explain what Fang is supposed to do against Cammy, ever.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

The Gorp posted:

Someone please explain what Fang is supposed to do against Cammy, ever.

play long-range and don't let them in ever

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
cammy exists as a counterbalance to make sure toxic play styles don't dominate

you should thank capcom for their forward thinking design.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cammy can eat poo poo

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
That's not how cammy works, she gets to walk forward and meet at midrange for free because her specials punish any attempt at zoning. Her normals are better, her pressure is better, her poke game is better - I don't see how a smart cammy player would ever lose the matchup.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i don't think ive beaten a bison as cammy yet

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

i5-4200 @ 2.50GHz
gtx 760m
8GB ram

Your computer is good enough but sadly the launch build intoduced some weird rear end performance issues on Win7 and one of them is ignoring dedicated GPUs whenever integrated graphics are present. Apparently upgrading to Win10 solves this, but I haven't had time to try it yet.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

top of the leaderboard is fchamp right now btw

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

cams posted:

cammy can eat poo poo

Cammy owns sorry

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006