Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

ohsosad posted:

It is pretty much just the locations and tiers/levels of the crafting system/player and slave housing where higher level buildings craft better gear/items.

I'm not sure if you played any cbt crafting but you basically just invest contribution points which are totally refundable and a bit of silver to unlock the different types of houses all of which don't really matter unless you feel like setting up a npc slave network.

Is there a resource that has a breakdown of which craftables are good for specific classes?
It's a little confusing that there's 'weapon' workshops, and then also whole workshops that appear to be dedicated to a single weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Third World Reggin posted:

There was one quest that gave you an option of 3 dyes. That was the only one I ran into. Looking into this, there are a few more quests but I don't know if they are repeatable.

I don't know the current price of most costumes or dyes, but from what I am reading they are too high.

Also from what I just read, other regions have a premium dye system where it is more of a pallet unlock. I think they are making a mistake with the current system.

Yeah, I do not consider their cash shop to be P2W but it does not sound like it will work well here. There are much more player friendly and simultaneously more profitable ways to do this.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Bored Grunt posted:

Another sperg reporting in...with 2 more available if we are doing friends/family.

I don't see why we wouldn't. Lewtt is running the guild but don't see why we wouldn't use vouches.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Well technically you can get dyes from loyalty points, but its a random box, and its basically 2 days logged time = 1 dye lol

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Yeah it's really terrible, which is a shame because the dying system is absolutely nuts. Knowing that there's a premium sub for dyes makes all this make a lot more sense, because those other regions are F2P so they use customization as a revenue stream. For us, though, that ain't gon fly cause we paid to play it. Making dyes permanent and letting you buy some basic ones with silver(remember, you can mix dyes) and scattering random dye boxes as loot that can be sold is what people will be expecting. The dying in this game is more detailed and complex than GW2, and that dye system was a selling point for lots of people. Me included.

Kiffetastic
Aug 20, 2004

Oooooh Yeeeees!

lewtt posted:

:eonwe::eonwe:I need a tally of $100 sperglords who will be playing at the 96 hour headstart:eonwe::eonwe:

If we've got enough, it'd be a nice boon to be able to get a couple guild gathering missions in before $50 and $30 so we can increase the guild cap.

Guild Gathering missions are 90 minute timed guild-wide quests that allow you to keep what you gathered; the only requirement is that the guild collects it during the 90 minutes. It also gives both youAND the guild a respectable chunk of money when you complete, with the personal money based on how much you pine/iron/flowers you got. They're not terribly difficult, but they're gonna require more than 4 people to do reliably.

I can't just start a shitton of them and do them whenever someone feels like it; In addition to the 5 a day limit, they take 20k guild funds to start that we lose it if we don't complete it

Count me in on the body pile that is Mount Sperglord. All the guild quests be ours.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Blazing Zero posted:

ill accept it and then sell the account on ebay. pm if interested :)

BUDDY BLAZING!

Good to see you made the switch :unsmith:

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010
This huge collection of guides and general tips and information was linked by some tryhard guild.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E/preview

Enough in there to keep one occupied until launch, really.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

lewtt posted:

:eonwe::eonwe:I need a tally of $100 sperglords who will be playing at the 96 hour headstart:eonwe::eonwe:

If we've got enough, it'd be a nice boon to be able to get a couple guild gathering missions in before $50 and $30 so we can increase the guild cap.

Guild Gathering missions are 90 minute timed guild-wide quests that allow you to keep what you gathered; the only requirement is that the guild collects it during the 90 minutes. It also gives both youAND the guild a respectable chunk of money when you complete, with the personal money based on how much you pine/iron/flowers you got. They're not terribly difficult, but they're gonna require more than 4 people to do reliably.

I can't just start a shitton of them and do them whenever someone feels like it; In addition to the 5 a day limit, they take 20k guild funds to start that we lose it if we don't complete it

Me definitely as one of those $100 sperglords and I'll be "Mostly Harmless".

I hope to make sure I actually roll on the right server come launch :v:

Since gathering is apparently A Thing I guess I'll get a cat pet ASAP.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Markkei posted:

This huge collection of guides and general tips and information was linked by some tryhard guild.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E/preview

jesus loving christ

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

how much human money do pets cost?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

That's the fun thing about video game fake money. You never really know.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

9 dollars

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
You also get 2500 internet monopoly money with the "lol you spent $100" package.

The same package I bought.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Markkei posted:

jfc just scrolling through the table of contents made my eyes glaze over

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I finally clicked that link.

256 pages.

Two hundred and fifty six pages.

:staredog:

Make sure to study hard on your video game exam everyone! :holy:

And god help you if you just wanted to be a casual "fun haver".

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
That is one of the problems with this game and age of wushu. Despite the games being fun, you have to ease people into the game.

You can't give them a super comprehensive guide at the start or they will be repulsed by it. You have to give them their first 10 minutes or 20 minutes of gameplay. Then have a section of do you want to know more.

The op for this game could be much longer, but no one is going to read it if it is. Same thing with guides.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

lewtt posted:

Do I need to respond or can you just assume I make bad purchasing decisions

But you know I have to sleep now so I'm kinda useless on US time

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

That is one of the problems with this game and age of wushu. Despite the games being fun, you have to ease people into the game.

You can't give them a super comprehensive guide at the start or they will be repulsed by it. You have to give them their first 10 minutes or 20 minutes of gameplay. Then have a section of do you want to know more.

The op for this game could be much longer, but no one is going to read it if it is. Same thing with guides.

Does this actually open up like Wushu at some point though? Because I tried wushu and didn't get the hype at all until I read about it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
What do you mean by open up.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LegalPad posted:

Additional inventory slots are literally $1 per slot though right?
Even after doing a bunch of quests and getting a good number of inventory expansions loot was pretty miserable when out grinding. Mobs seem to drop a ton of trade items, gems, and random resources. Having to stop and assess every mob with loot would be a big chore.
Extra inventory slots are $1 per slot, yes. I didn't do anything special about them on the second character I grinded through on CBT2, and given the frequency you change the spots in, you maybe are going to have an extra stop once per a couple hours. Like, first 35 levels you will literally have to make one stop out of your way, the path I did use at least.

SirBuddha
Aug 20, 2006

lewtt posted:

Another Sperglord checking in <3

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

A whopping 2/3rds of that guide must be full page screenshots and lists. It's as much of a printed out database as it is a "guide".

To be fair there is a lot of good information in there though. Just gotta use the index.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

The format of the guide is the worst part. Would be a lot better if it were organized as a wiki instead. People want access to lots of complete information but they usually want it in the form of a quick reference.

The best experience I ever had was the /wiki command in Guild Wars 2. That thing was infinitely useful

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

hobocrunch posted:

BUDDY BLAZING!

Good to see you made the switch :unsmith:

hi friend! i wont be playing this game but thanks for thinking of me and i hope you have fun

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

What do you mean by open up.

like the delicate flower oif your bunghole petaling outward to express arousal

mikesaysno
Dec 16, 2007

lewtt posted:

I'm a sperglord and I'm down to pick some flowers.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Blazing Zero posted:

hi friend! i wont be playing this game but thanks for thinking of me and i hope you have fun

bbbuddddyyyy blazing :smithicide:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blazing Zero posted:

If you can't experience all the bad games, then experience none of them. :shopkeeper:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Speaking of :shopkeeper: what happens when you steal from an NPC?

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

Xavier434 posted:

The format of the guide is the worst part. Would be a lot better if it were organized as a wiki instead. People want access to lots of complete information but they usually want it in the form of a quick reference.

The best experience I ever had was the /wiki command in Guild Wars 2. That thing was infinitely useful

Thankfully I think there is kind of a wiki command? I didn't know of this when I was playing but I saw if you hit F2 it brings up an in-game guide. I was watching someone use it to figure out how to craft organic fertilizer.

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

apparently the only reason why that epic guide is public is because of a SPY :ninja:

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Monster Mash posted:

apparently the only reason why that epic guide is public is because of a SPY :ninja:

I say that we retroactively classify the guide as Top Secret and accuse this SPY of leaking highly sensitive material.

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

lewtt posted:

Count me in, after playing CBT2 I'm excited to do this thing.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lewtt posted:

Count me in chief, as soon as I hit 50, i.e. I can carry poo poo between buckets for the whole second day if you need me to.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
loving piss. I would upgrade to 96 hr head start but i'll be in goddamn Vegas Friday and Thursday. loving PISS!

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

lewtt posted:

Just wanted to throw my hat in as well. Nothing better to do on my birthday but drugs and K-grinding.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Snatch Duster posted:

loving piss. I would upgrade to 96 hr head start but i'll be in goddamn Vegas Friday and Thursday. loving PISS!
Early start is on Sunday though.

In other news:

Release posted:

Many people keep asking us about the server structure at release and by now we are comfortable enough, that our planned structure will go live as described below, to share it with you.

Initial setup will be similar to CBT2.

We will have two Servers for each region. (2xEU, 2xNA)

Each server will have 9 channels.

Server names are not finalized and will be announced soon.

Interview with the Developers posted:

Will there be any male counterparts for Ranger, Sorceress, Valkyrie, and Tamer?

It is hard to give a concrete answer to this matter because we are always trying our best to create a truly fun and innovative character, rather than copying an existing one, with a sex change. Creating the same class, but a different gender, takes almost the same amount of resources as creating a completely new class. This has changed the overall direction of class development towards creating new classes, which will provide an entirely new experience for players. Currently, there is no plan to create a male version of Ranger, Sorcerer and Tamer. We might however provide a counterpart that offers a similar look and feel such as Valkyrie vs. Warrior with slight adjustments to fit its nature.

Are there any plans to add more races? If yes, can you hint any?

Race selection is heavily influenced by user preference, and that's why we'd like to be more cautious about creating a new one. We are, however, planning to add some new races. Realistically, it will be either from an existing in-game race, or something that we think might be fun for players. We're thinking about adding a Shai race, for example, as a playable character, but it is still undecided which race should be developed first.

Any plans to introduce a basic set of craftable/earnable dyes? One or two shades of each colour if you will.

This issue hasn't really been discussed yet because we thought there were already plenty of ways to obtain dyes, such as the marketplace, or events. However, upon receiving and answering this question, we think the dye system deserves some more attention. We are willing to offer basic dyes for players' convenience, but we definitely think the usefulness of those dyes must not compromise the value of the existing dyes. We will discuss this issue internally. Thank you for a good suggestion.

What do you think about making a class that focuses mainly on heal and support?

Conventionally, characters in RPGs have clearly designated roles such as tanker, healer, damage dealer, support, etc., which get to perform somewhat repetitive play cycles depending on their roles. Black Desert offers free and unrestrained action combat, based on keyboard-mouse combinations, which is rare to find in an ordinary MMORPG. It is one of our critical goals to provide a powerful action experience to all users based on this feature.

However, it doesn't necessarily mean that a player cannot shift his/her stance from an unrestrained action to supportive playstyle, in a party or guild battle, such as acting as a decoy, healing and supporting other players, or assassinating enemies. Players can set their own role, depending on the situation. There will still be skills that perform healing/supporting actions, but those skills should not define and confine the character.

The Heal/Buff skills of Witch and Wizard are good examples. Each class can keep its own distinctive style, but it can also perform a different role in party/guild play by using appropriate skills.

Besides the future Media, Valencia and the new Elven and Dwarf expansions, can we expect more land to be added or is this what the mapsize will eventually be like?

Many areas in the game are still undiscovered; South of Calpheon, Mediah, and Valencia, and north of Valencia are covered in fog in the map. These areas will be developed, not merely by adding new regions, monsters, or items, but by adding something that can change play patterns of users. In the case of Valencia Part III, for example, new regions will be added but they are mostly maritime, which enable new features such as maritime trade, maritime gathering, and so on. It will be completely different from ordinary combat-centric updates.

Will you develop systems ONLY for the NA/EU version of the game, if the NA/EU community asks for them (e.g: a better flagging system for pvp; or better AI for open world boss - such as the one used for the dragon from the desert); or will you develop only systems that please both the Korean & Western market?

That's why PVP settings for Korean, Russian, Japanese, and North American clients are slightly different from each other. Our ultimate goal is to create the same enjoyable gaming experience for players around the world. We are, however, always considering region-specific items or systems, to cater to that region's specific taste or issues. If players in North America or Europe want a certain system or special contents, we can definitely make it work. Send us lots of feedback of this nature, and your region might get that special feature earlier than others.

Are there any plans to make a small-scaled competitive (i.e 1v1) PvP environment with ladders, gear equalization and stuff (e-sports?) or mainly developing the open world / GvG battle system for now?

We are not exactly excluding it, in the long-term plan, but for us, perfecting the game definitely comes before eSports. An online game needs to be constantly patched and updated based on player feedback, and we will be able to consider other things when the game and the worldwide players' needs reach a common ground. A One-on-one or party versus party system is already in development. Guild battles are already realized in the game, in the form of Node Battles and Conquest Battles, but we are still thinking about adding eSport-optimized content. If we come up with some good ideas, we might be able to implement them.

When will we be seeing more about the titan-like bosses that are already partly in the game? Mainly speaking about Ancient Athor (고대의 아토르) and the Forest Titans (??), yet also interested about the Mutant Troll (돌연변이 트롤) and the Mutant Ogre (돌연변이 오우거), which can be attacked but not killed as of now.

These monsters cannot be killed at the moment, although it might be possible with certain methods in the future. Any region in the game can and will have hidden areas, treasure, and monsters other than just the same predictable monsters of predictable level. It is our goal to continuously update these features, so that they all can have significance in the game.

Are there any plans to add instance based dungeons and or raids for end game PVE content?

Adventures and fierce guild wars in Black Desert are strongly established on an open-world system. Some special content might need to utilize an instance dungeon system, but we are not going to add a repetitive instanced dungeon, where the sole purpose is getting rewards. Guild- and party-centric raids are already implemented in the game now, and we are developing more advanced kind of raid.

Are there any plans to improve the monster AI? If yes, in which way?

We are already working on improving various bosses' AI. An easy hunting ground for leveling can be boring, but every hunting ground has some variables that can prevent such boredom. The most important thing is, of course, to build a stable environment to play in, and bosses with various patterns can be created as we keep optimizing the game. If there are any suggestions for AI improvement that can spice up the gameplay, please do not hesitate to tell us.

Will we ever see the formation system revised and implemented back into the game? Why has it been removed?

This system was designed in pre-CBT and is already fully developed, however, we are putting it on hold since it presented some problems. We are planning to apply the fixed version of the mercenary system (formation) after we perfect the character and siege content, to some extent. Via actual implementation, we found out the formation system was did not fit a game like Black Desert Online. It was impossible to create a group formation because of the fast-paced, complicated action combat. We are considering other versions of a formation system in the future.

Any plans for a phone/tablet app for managing workers, storage, etc?

We are open to the possibilities of incorporating a mobile system, but we haven't yet decided which direction it should take. First, we would like to reach a level of game development where all players, of all regions we service, are satisfied. Once that is achieved, we will be able to think about convenience features, like a mobile system. We do not think that Black Desert is perfect yet.

Are there any plans to add the possibility to steal goods from Carts?

There already is a theft interaction with NPCs, and we are planning to implement a similar function with wagons. Since stealing trade goods from an actual player can cause conflict, we will need to set a fine line between protecting Good players and providing fun for Evil players. If we can come up with a way to prevent abuses, and reach a compromise for Good and Evil players to be satisfied, we are positive that it can work.

Will you make it possible to remap keys for left-handed and disabled players? [for example, in NA CBT1 we were unable to UNmap the camera direction from the arrow keys]

We are constantly working to make the key settings more customizable. However, you can already customize a large portion of the key settings, including the camera and character movement, as mentioned in the question.

Are there any plans to add more ships/larger ships and have naval PvP?

We are working to include the maritime battle system in Valencia Part III. There will be sailboats and other boats for various purposes.

Is there plans to add more crafting and gathering proficiencies and/or add more "tiers"/layers to the existing crafting system?

Life content will be continuously updated and improved. As suggested in the question, we are looking to intensify the existing system rather than change it, and we have been considering the best way to do so. For example, recently there was a discussion about a group gathering system for a party or a guild.

Are there any plans to do epic quest lines for an in game reward. I.E. Extremely difficult quest lines that could take month+ to complete. Rewards could be unique high end weapons that have special characteristics, stats, or an extremely unique look.

No matter how hard a quest is, it can never deliver the same level of achievement or anticipation once it is cleared or a walkthrough is published. Most of the quests in the beginning stages of the game are simple and guiding, but as the player proceeds toward a later stage of the game, such as Valencia, desert and maritime quests demand long-distance travel and intense adventure. A quest in Black Desert should be an extension of the exploration of the in-game region, and can also assist players by making the exploration more convenient or helping with character growth. However, we'd like to state that we do not prefer a type of quest that players feel obliged to complete, in order to become stronger or to gain rewards. Players should play freely and naturally in the game, and it is never fun to be pressed into doing something to get rewards. We do plan to add some difficult quests, but the estimated time of arrival is still not set.

Valencia is being finished up, and it has provided a large amount of content, but where are you planning to take the game now considering the growing gear gap that's making it hard for new players to enter the game. What are the next steps you're planning to take to improve the game longevity and fix the issues people have been complaining about since KR CBT / OBT, such as gear imbalance, possibly adding a CC break to make for more skill based vs RNG combat, etc.?

We are striving to minimize the gap between the existing and new players in Black Desert. We believe that any player should be able to reach certain level of advancement, if they invest the time and effort. For example, life-only players (the "Herbivores") can have the same level of gear and strength as the combat-only players (the "Carnivores") do; it just takes more time. We are fully aware that there is a balance issue between awakened and non-awakened characters, and the balance will be adjusted again after classes get the awakening feature. The future updates will not only be vertical (Higher level cap, advanced hunting ground, etc.), but also horizontal, introducing new play patterns through new features like maritime trade, maritime gathering, hunting grounds for parties or guilds, and so on. Also, we're abstaining from introducing extra powerful weapons every single update, and we'd like to keep it that way. Players, of course, want stronger gear, but serious imbalance issues may ensue if it is not done correctly. The developers are trying to solve this problem by finding ways to make it better, instead of settling on one concrete answer.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
I went on official forums to get launch date information and there are dozens of people literally calling the company scammers because the cash shop will only open after a few days and they will not be able to spend their allowance on slutty suspenders and husky dogs the first day their tardpack headstart begins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
They're adding larger ships for piracy. :getin: