Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Codependent Poster posted:

For whatever reason there are big names doing Lifetime movies now.
Sam has to pay for his winery somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Supergirl is in this movie too?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Lex gon' give it to ya; gently caress wait for you to get it on ya own, Lex gon' deliver to ya. Knock knock, open up the door, it's real, wit the non-stop, tryna kill the Man of Steel.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 23, 2016

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Which X-Man is Jesse Eisenberg?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Ville Valo posted:

Which X-Man is Jesse Eisenberg?
Spider-Man.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jesse Eisenberg is cast as Jimmy Olsen twenty years ago, now he gets to be the least-scary Lex Luthor possible.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

kiimo posted:

Jesse Eisenberg is cast as Jimmy Olsen twenty years ago, now he gets to be the least-scary Lex Luthor possible.

In Superman II Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor escapes prison in a slapstick hot air balloon sequence.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sir Kodiak posted:

In Superman II Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor escapes prison in a slapstick hot air balloon sequence.

Thanks for pointing out why they'll never be a better superman movie.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation
Everyone talking about Lex Luthor and not the fact that Jim Gordon appears to be furtively masturbating.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Catfishenfuego posted:

Everyone talking about Lex Luthor and not the fact that Jim Gordon appears to be furtively masturbating.

Pretty sure he's Alfred.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

Mister Chief posted:

Pretty sure he's Alfred.

Either way he's jorkin' it under his dirty trench my dude.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Is batman v superman gonna be good? Surely there's got to be some kind of internal Hollywood buzz about it

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

oldpainless posted:

Is batman v superman gonna be good? Surely there's got to be some kind of internal Hollywood buzz about it

The production was punctuated with announcement after announcement of what tertiary DC Universe characters were being added to the movie and the trailers have been radically shifting tone each time as well as spoiling almost the entire movie. If nothing else the marketing has done a terrible job selling the movie to anyone who wasn't already going when they announce it years ago.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sleeveless posted:

The production was punctuated with announcement after announcement of what tertiary DC Universe characters were being added to the movie

Most of the reports are about on the same level as a "sightings" section of an amateur cryptozoology website. The best example of this is Robin, where several actors were reported to play one of them from the start of production in 2014 and the only image of the 'character' available until now is a tombstone that I don't remember being confirmed as being from BvS.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Feb 23, 2016

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mister Chief posted:

Pretty sure he's Alfred.

They really should've kept the Wayne logo from the Nolan films, it was perfect for associating the logo to Batman.

Although in terms of communicating to the audience the Lexcorp logo is by far the worst.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 23, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

oldpainless posted:

I really don't know but I do know WB's top guys were on BvS and Suicide Squad and in all their talent and experience they've managed to create two really uneven campaigns to the sound of resounding apathy from their target audience so it doesn't bode well.

Then again some people here hated the Deadpool campaign so that can be deceiving.

If I was a betting man I'd say they both are going to be average at best.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I liked some parts of the Deadpool campaign and didn't like some as much.

And as much as people made fun of it, when I tweeted about going to see it, I used skullpoopl. So I guess it worked?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Watching lonely old Al Pacino talking to his doctor about odds of his cat surviving was really depressing. I had to turn it off after that :(

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

effectual posted:

Watching lonely old Al Pacino talking to his doctor about odds of his cat surviving was really depressing. I had to turn it off after that :(

Did... did the kitty survive? :ohdear:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
You can see my posts in this thread where I loathed the Deadpool ad campaign and was certain it would suck, then ended up loving it. The jokes in the ads were very pg/pg13, and lots of outdated references. Then it turns out the movie was a filthy adult comedy with a heart and lovable characters.

Batfleck is also running a horrible ad campaign, but the tone is "this movie is up its own rear end with self-importance" which is more likely to be the actual case with the finished product given that WB is like "uh oh, we made a smart movie, the Avengers crowd won't get it". I strongly doubt there will be anything more philosophically deep than a 13 year old's journal in this movie... which is about Justice League characters punching each other until a cartoon shows up and the big dumb inevitable destruction of a city happens.

BvS could not look any dumber if it tried.

Come back in a month to see if I was wrong again!

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 23, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

kiimo posted:

Lex Luthor has never been scary.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Lady Naga posted:

He stole 40 cakes

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He stole 40 cakes

That's terrible, not scary.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's only like 2 funny jokes in Deadpool. Which is totally authentic.

Actually what ended up happening was Wade Wilson was much funnier than Deadpool.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

oldpainless posted:

Is batman v superman gonna be good?

Yep.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

effectual posted:

Man, and I just watched Kevin Spacey bury his beloved dog.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Is that what sets him up to become a cat?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

oldpainless posted:

People who have seen it liked Affleck as Batman, but curiously the word is pretty strong on Eisenberg as well. From what I can gather it's been the nicest things anyone has said about it. Drew at Hitfix spoke about it last week and relayed that WB are 'unsure' about the movie, but also notes that WB were really unsure about FURY ROAD as well so it doesn't really mean anything. But that does translate to them being unsure on how to sell the movie, and how they're leaning a lot heavier on Batman despite having talked it up heavily as a MAN OF STEEL sequel.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Here are 2 movies I watched recently:

Both were cool and good and weird

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

While we're talking about Spacey (gee, it's a wild guess but I bet he isn't playing Elvis):

Also Imax delivers:

That's not all:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Palpek posted:

While we're talking about Spacey (gee, it's a wild guess but I bet he isn't playing Elvis):

He's playing Elvis's good friend, 23 year old Bobby Darin.

It was completely believable the first time!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Lady Naga posted:

No, but he has been fantastic.

It's tragic that Spacey's Luthor was wasted on Superman Returns.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Poster Six-Pack: Birthday-ish edition

Three flicks from my traditional (shared with another birthday-ing movie geek) Birthday Weekend movie marathon, plus three posters I just really like.

Movie 3 of 8: After MY FAVORITE YEAR and SOLARBABIES, things got creepy fast.

Movie 4 of 8: The riff-fest of the day. Led into a bonkers Filipino horror.

Movie 6 of 8: Things got REAL dark...

Movie 7 of 8: Lightening up a little. SOUTH PARK: BIGGER, LONGER AND UNCUT finished off the night.

Bonus Non-Birthday posters:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Man, Roy Orbison really bulked up there

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

This could easily pass for an Atari 2600 game cover.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Mark my words; Jesse Eisenberg not giving a gently caress will be the best thing in Batman V Superman. Mark my words.

From ages back but this looks kinda neat and the trailer has five thumbs up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uPHIJcO1Ao

how do real movies even become this unheard of?

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Feb 23, 2016

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
^ That trailer looks like they made the movie with 1000 dollars, the poster looks like it had a bigger budget.

Been catching bits of this on encore the last few days, seems good so far:

I'd prefer this poster though, if it didn't have the quote

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Palpek posted:

That's a pretty great tagline.