Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Medullah posted:

55 toons hit conquest this week (so far, there's a few people at 19,000+). Nice work!

Herp da derp. I started on Sunday and have been far too lazy to play interior decorator so I only got 15k and 12k.

About the "weekly" heroics -- I could swear I did them daily (on Dromund Kaas, at least) before by getting them from the planetside terminal. Was that an oversight that they corrected after the patch? Or something unique to Dromund Kaas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
edit: I'm an idiot with poor reading comprehension.

prefect fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 22, 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Heroics used to be able to be done daily. With the introduction of the terminal with 4.0 they became weekly.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Medullah posted:

Heroics used to be able to be done daily. With the introduction of the terminal with 4.0 they became weekly.

Right -- what I'm saying is that for a period of time after 4.0, I could swear I was able to do them daily.

Or perhaps I just happened to do them on Monday + Tuesday every time.

e: Also, I just noticed both of my characters have a bunch of adaptive L61 armour in their inventory -- I haven't been paying attention to what I've been looting at all so is it possible that gear drops in the heroics I've been doing actually scale to level now?

Jan fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 22, 2016

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh god i'm a moron. I queued up my last few conquest points for crafting but didn't log back in in tome to get the credit.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Iron Tusk posted:

Oh god i'm a moron. I queued up my last few conquest points for crafting but didn't log back in in tome to get the credit.

Well don't log in today, wait til tomorrow so you can get credit for next week.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Am I missing something? Lately I've seen frequently people with +Critical crystals in their PVP weapons/offhands. I'm assuming these people are just dumb...but it's been happening a lot lately.

Dumb. You can hit the DR soft cap for both Alacrity and Crit without sacrificing Expertise.

But DrunkenGarbageCan using Crit crystals allows me to itemize more Power elsewhere which doesn't have DR. Dumb. Power increases damage and healing done only...Expertise increases damage and healing done and damage reduction.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Dumb. You can hit the DR soft cap for both Alacrity and Crit without sacrificing Expertise.

But DrunkenGarbageCan using Crit crystals allows me to itemize more Power elsewhere which doesn't have DR. Dumb. Power increases damage and healing done only...Expertise increases damage and healing done and damage reduction.

I'm guessing it's people who don't bother switching weapons/crystals between PVE and PVP? Which can be considered dumb, I suppose, but it's probably more of a "can't be bothered to care" thing.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

So can you re-explain how the contest will work? I will get an item from achieving conquest last week and send it to someone? Never done the conquest thing before. You said one on each character? I had two on TNG and two on GoonSquad.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

mastajake posted:

So can you re-explain how the contest will work? I will get an item from achieving conquest last week and send it to someone? Never done the conquest thing before. You said one on each character? I had two on TNG and two on GoonSquad.

If you hit conquest and your guild places top 10 you will get to choose an encryption piece tomorrow (choose Engineering). Take that encryption and place it in the guild bank (Oedzis stash tab) and for every one you put in you get one entry to the contest. Not sure how Oedzi is going to draw - I'm assuming first place gets the dual saber and then he'll draw separately for each other item.

You won't get any encryption for any characters on Republic side since Goon Squad didn't place top 10, but if you hit personal conquest and got the purple mat (Strategic Resource Matrix) you can always sell that for 500k and buy a couple encryptions off the GTN for extra entries.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Medullah posted:

Am I missing something? Lately I've seen frequently people with +Critical crystals in their PVP weapons/offhands. I'm assuming these people are just dumb...but it's been happening a lot lately.

A safe assumption in PVP, always.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Medullah posted:

Man, google image searching "Thana Vesh Cosplay" leads to some hilarious results.

Jaesa Willsam cosplayers seem to be cuter.

WHERE ARE MY PANTS

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Feb 23, 2016

Jazzy Jones
May 25, 2008
How is the ping on US server for us lesser beings in Europe ?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Jazzy Jones posted:

Perfectly fine, i usually am at 130ish ms.

We have better internet and ping to the US servers than the people in US even.

Virar
Jul 21, 2007
This space is blank.
Is it bad that I've umm... trained my drinking bird to harvest mats on Rishi with the intent to swap them to grade 9. If only the archaeology nodes weren't always so close to mobs.

Saw a guy just camping a slicing node, only his drinking bird isn't trained enough to open his credit cases, so more often than not there's 3 grade 8 credit cases just sitting there. At least he's on one of the few that aren't that popular.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Something, something, Bothans dying...

Apparently datamined picture for the new CC crate companion pet:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Something, something, Bothans dying...

Apparently datamined picture for the new CC crate companion pet:

Awww adorable.

My interest in these pets is waning as there really isn't much unique about them. :(

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Awww adorable.

My interest in these pets is waning as there really isn't much unique about them. :(

That seems to be true of most people going by the pricing of the newer ones on the GTN.

E: I predict the next big CC companion thing we see will be alternate versions of the KOTFE companions.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

On the other hand, my interest in stuff I can sell for millions is as strong as ever.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

That data mined list is pretty interesting. If the changes go live -

- No more PvE and PvP servers, instead you can choose a PvE or PvP instance of a zone. Wonder if this is the first step towards server merges?

- Spaces allowed in names now. So now we'll see Darth Maul 420xxx instead of Darth'Maul'420xxx.

Minor spoilers in that link.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

- Spaces allowed in names now. So now we'll see Darth Maul 420xxx instead of Darth'Maul'420xxx.
Yeah, I saw that. I suppose it's too much to hope for that we'll get a free rename token.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

That data mined list is pretty interesting. If the changes go live -

- No more PvE and PvP servers, instead you can choose a PvE or PvP instance of a zone. Wonder if this is the first step towards server merges?

Minor spoilers in that link.

Spaces in names, eh? Well, Guild Wars 2 allowed it...

E: I want, no...I NEED the Vectron Vertica. The Exiled Revolutionary set looks pretty cool too. Also, I hope the packs aren't going to be like 90% chance cubes...

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 23, 2016

Mgant
Nov 26, 2005

Best in the West

Jazzy Jones posted:

Around 130ms as well here, from Northern Europe. Works fine.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

What do you guys want to do for Conquest this week? Tatooine has a ton of various bonuses including group finder, war zones and operations, but Nar Shaddaa has heroic missions and War Zones. I'm thinking Nar Shaddaa given how well we did last week.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the heroic stuff is really low bar especially for people like me that are just grinding through stories and not terribly interested in pvp or whatever

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I say Nar Shaddaa.

I even have a heroic mission from the binocular thingy to do!

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

Colonial Air Force posted:

I even have a heroic mission from the binocular thingy to do!

Never going to happen. :suicide:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Jan posted:

Never going to happen. :suicide:

No? Is it too hard?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alright I'll set it as Nar Shaddaa at lunch. I don't think it matters anymore but you used to not be able to do a few of the Heroics if you hadn't completed the bonus series there - I think that changed with 4.0

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

No? Is it too hard?

Getting 4 people who need it online at the same time is too hard, yeah.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Medullah posted:

But will they actually allow capital letters after said spaces? That's the thing that always bugged me. I guess in a perfect world they'd automatically capitalize the first letter after a space, same as the first letter in the name. Take it out of the hands of doofus players who would make DaRtHmAuL.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Jan posted:

Getting 4 people who need it online at the same time is too hard, yeah.

Does it actually need 4?

I'm happy to let it sit there and do other things. I'm kind of bored of it, anyway.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Alter Ego posted:

Spaces in names, eh? Well, Guild Wars 2 allowed it...

E: I want, no...I NEED the Vectron Vertica. The Exiled Revolutionary set looks pretty cool too. Also, I hope the packs aren't going to be like 90% chance cubes...

Where on the VV do you sit? :confused:

Does it actually need 4?

I'm happy to let it sit there and do other things. I'm kind of bored of it, anyway.

I haven't gotten to do it yet, but I understand there are puzzles that require four people to stand in specific spots.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

prefect posted:

Where on the VV do you sit? :confused:

http://tor-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Vectron-JM-13-Torrens-Side.png

quote:

I haven't gotten to do it yet, but I understand there are puzzles that require four people to stand in specific spots.

Well when you get there, let me know!

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

No? Is it too hard?

I'm not quite at that point but I'm working my way through the quest. Add Thaeras in game and maybe we can duo it? (I'm a tank spec assassin and I can solo lots of poo poo with a healer companion).

Edit: Oh we may need people for the dumb puzzle. Maybe we can find some helpers.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The little panel doesn't look high enough for standing, so I would assume your character kneels.

Or sits cross-legged like on the Jedi chairs.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

That's what I get for relying on GIS I suppose

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aphrodite posted:

The little panel doesn't look high enough for standing, so I would assume your character kneels.

Or sits cross-legged like on the Jedi chairs.

Maybe you never sit down, standing and twiddling the panel to control the thing? I'm not sure I approve of a standing-required vehicle.

Plus, it seems like it would be awfully easy to get knocked off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

prefect posted:

Maybe you never sit down, standing and twiddling the panel to control the thing? I'm not sure I approve of a standing-required vehicle.

Plus, it seems like it would be awfully easy to get knocked off.

There's a preview in the datamined picture of the next hypercrate. Your character stands while holding the pole.

• Locked thread