Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Okay that game is finally over Jesus Christ it was fairly entertaining since it went back and forth for a while but I'm not the biggest mid mage fan so I'm glad it's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

One possibility is that heal & shield team supports like Soraka, Lulu and Karma are starting to see a lot of play and they stifle her diving capacity significantly

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Lady Naga posted:

Okay that game is finally over Jesus Christ it was fairly entertaining since it went back and forth for a while but I'm not the biggest mid mage fan so I'm glad it's over.

Games over 40 m are literally the worst no matter what I'm playing

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lady Naga posted:

You can play Sona mid! It's not bad.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Darth Windu posted:

i'm the opposite. 6 item tristana is all i truly live for

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Darth Windu posted:

Usually the good part of the game is the first 20 minutes, and the rest is what I have to play to get to the next game.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

Mottie posted:

As someone who is starting to take all the tanky bruisers (namely shen and poppy but also nautilus) in both the top and support role, how would you say a top lane tank like nautilus is different than a support nautilus in terms of role and items bought? (Beyond the obvious sightstone and locket for support)

As a support naut, you don't get much beyond the locket. You have to leave slots open for SS and pink wards. So SS, targons, boots, pink, locket, then either Sunfire or DMP. I'd suggest DMP until they nerf it. Maybe sell targons later, but I like the shield active.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

BigLeafyTree posted:

Usually the good part of the game is the first 20 minutes, and the rest is what I have to play to get to the next game.

Yeah pretty much, by the time a game hits 50 m I'm throwing myself suicidally into the other team just kinda hoping something will happen

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Not that that's much different from how I normally play lmao

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Please don't buy Sunfire on supports, thanks! Literally every other armor item in the game is better for supporting.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I like to get an iceborn gauntlet on naut because the extra slows are awesome. Make sure if anyone is ever out of position there is no escape, ever.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I really wish people would stop picking Yi in these sub-bronze games. I have yet to see a single Yi do his job properly.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

a medical mystery posted:

One possibility is that heal & shield team supports like Soraka, Lulu and Karma are starting to see a lot of play and they stifle her diving capacity significantly

The secret to teamfighting on Vi is that you're allowed to use your abilities to peel rather than to dive if the situation calls for it. Your teammates will rage at you for 'focusing the tank' but they'll also be slightly more alive. Though really if you're vs champs like those you'd prefer to split the map and not 5v5 at all

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

I really wish people would stop picking Yi in these sub-bronze games. I have yet to see a single Yi do his job properly.

his job is to q and die I thought

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kashuno posted:

his job is to q and die I thought

What does master yi even build these days? Yoomu's, BORK, and... Rageblade? Sterak's? I have no clue.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Sexpansion posted:

What does master yi even build these days? Yoomu's, BORK, and... Rageblade? Sterak's? I have no clue.

Bork rage blade steraks scimitar

And hydra

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Also the Yi fed a fair bit early game but later on he was basically our saving grace because the other guys weren't bothering to do Dragon/Baron so Yi scooped them all up.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lady Naga posted:

These two things correlate.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Libertine posted:

These two things correlate.

Well yes that was my point? Yi sucks enough atm that I can't rely on someone picking him in these kinds of games to play well enough to compensate for it. I've seen more effective Jhins than I have effective Yis.

It's been so long since I started, do you still get one free champ after the tutorial?

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 23, 2016

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
No I mean if you are accurately describing the skill level of the game you are playing (Sub-bronze level) then no one is doing their job properly, including Yi and the 9 other players. Those kind of games are basically cluster fucks decided by coin tosses.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

jungle yi can build devourer and rageblade and then defensive items and still do enough damage to kill anyone quickly

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Libertine posted:

No I mean if you are accurately describing the skill level of the game you are playing (Sub-bronze level) then no one is doing their job properly, including Yi and the 9 other players. Those kind of games are basically cluster fucks decided by coin tosses.

Oh well actually I've found that a good mixture of FOTM broken champs and easy to play staples usually means you'll win.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Lady Naga posted:

Oh well actually I've found that a good mixture of FOTM broken champs and easy to play staples usually means you'll win.

That's true of all skill levels but it doesn't mean people are doing their jobs correctly.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

KicksYouInHalf posted:

That's true of all skill levels but it doesn't mean people are doing their jobs correctly.

Yeah but it's easier to flail around as Kog'Maw and still own people than it is to pick Yi and get broken in half.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

"FOTM broken" champs don't matter below like diamond. you can pick your way out of victory in low elo games by picking like ryze or nidalee or lee sin, but you can't pick your way into free wins since the best champs are still only 55%

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Tales of Woe posted:

"FOTM broken" champs don't matter below like diamond. you can pick your way out of victory in low elo games by picking like ryze or nidalee or lee sin, but you can't pick your way into free wins since the best champs are still only 55%

this is just straight up wrong

if 55% winrate doesn't matter in bronze then it certainly is irrelevant to challengers.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
So I'm trying windspeaker's blessing over bond of stone on Taric. I haven't done any math really, but bond of stone just seems like a rather negligible amount of damage reduction and it seems like 10% stronger heals and free armor would make a larger difference than 6% damage conversion. Is there any reason why this is just a horrible idea?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's inherently contradictory to admit that certain champs are better than others based on mechanical factors instead of skill and then also say that they don't matter at all in a bracket where players need mechanical advantages to make up for a lack in skill.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

The Crusher posted:

So I'm trying windspeaker's blessing over bond of stone on Taric. I haven't done any math really, but bond of stone just seems like a rather negligible amount of damage reduction and it seems like 10% stronger heals and free armor would make a larger difference than 6% damage conversion. Is there any reason why this is just a horrible idea?

Any support who has a castable heal or shield should probably use Windspeaker. That talent + the CDR talent above outpace anything in the other tree. All of the pro Korean supports have switched off Stone on tank/healers like Alistar and gone 100% to Windseeker's instead, I think Taric fills the same niche (even if he's not a competitive meta champion for anyone but Eddie).

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Mottie posted:

So I was duoing with Prokhor earlier today and things happened.

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFs-53yyUoE Kindred saved my rear end, and by that I mean lost any hope of winning that game for their team.

2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4U1MDEOtvI TK and Bard create the rudest gank squad in the history of league.

We do need to work on our synchronized mastery spam, however.

Tahm kench is the rudest dude and I love him to death

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Tales of Woe posted:

That's not really true though, some champs just have inherently better/easier to use kits that still achieve great results, or their numbers are just not tuned well at the moment or they have some counterplay that people at low elo are not capable of doing (for example, not standing on top of each other vs Malphite, Amumu, et al)

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

The Crusher posted:

No it's good. 45% CDR + strong heals and resist buffs = pull off bullshit attrition fights

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tales of Woe posted:

I also think this is completely wrong. Peoples elos don't change the way the number system works. If I'm a bronze Ashe and I have a good chunk of extra AD and crit, I'll out damage a diamond Varus if we just click on each other. That scenario isn't skill based. The game is hard coded to work that way. With kog it just happens to be aspd and on hit damage.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Safety Scissors posted:

I also think this is completely wrong. Peoples elos don't change the way the number system works. If I'm a bronze Ashe and I have a good chunk of extra AD and crit, I'll out damage a diamond Varus if we just click on each other. That scenario isn't skill based. The game is hard coded to work that way. With kog it just happens to be aspd and on hit damage.

Yeah I agree with this. I would add a small caveat, which is that certain champion kits do work better in lower elos: Xin is a perfect example of this, and his high winrate in Bronze and Silver back that up. But for some champs it's irrelevant. Lux and Kog, for instance, are good in every elo right now.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
Thought so, ty friends.

The first game I tried it on I won a ranked match after being triple inhib'd. I'm assuming that Windspeaker's also affects item shields such as FotM and Locket? I was giving ADCs huge loads of protection with those in tandem.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I tried lulu mid and even tho I always win lane, my team get destroyed??

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Are you roaming? Lulu shoves extremely fast and roams faster than every other midlaner that isn't TF or LeBlanc.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

this is just straight up wrong

if 55% winrate doesn't matter in bronze then it certainly is irrelevant to challengers.

The idea is that the higher you get on the ladder, the more player skill is normalized and the factor of champion strength becomes a proportionally larger decider in games

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Mottie posted:

2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4U1MDEOtvI TK and Bard create the rudest gank squad in the history of league.
nized mastery spam, however.

The best part of this is that after watching it, YouTube suggested as my next video "Delicious Chicken Quesadillas."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

SlyFrog posted:

The best part of this is that after watching it, YouTube suggested as my next video "Delicious Chicken Quesadillas."

link pls

• Locked thread