Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
It seems like the DEO, Star Labs and Arrow Lair all suffer from ingress security issues. Star Labs should have security like a nuclear power plant. You can't even get close to a coal-fired power plant these days without going through multiple layers of filtering. I don't know who they consult for how this works, if they do it, or if lovely Canadian writers are to blame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Ravane posted:

Barry's job pays like 30k. If he eats four large pizzas a day, at a cost of 15 dollars each (factoring in random discounts), he is spending $21,600 on pizza alone. Assuming he also drinks one cup of coffee a day at 4 bucks a day, that's 1440 a year. He pays no rent because he lives with this father. He does not own a car or need car insurance.

He spends at a minimum of $23,000 on food to meet his caloric requirement. The rest go to taxes and other misc expenditur

This was a plotline in a very old post-Crisis comic book with Wally West.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Why? Star Labs is a private company, with no leadership structure at all and no real employees. The security clearance on Arrow is just "knows where the elevator is".

The writers are all American except 1 guy, by the way.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

TEAH SYAG posted:

It seems like the DEO, Star Labs and Arrow Lair all suffer from ingress security issues. Star Labs should have security like a nuclear power plant. You can't even get close to a coal-fired power plant these days without going through multiple layers of filtering. I don't know who they consult for how this works, if they do it, or if lovely Canadian writers are to blame.

I doubt STAR labs is up to date on their regulatory access, since literally anyone can access the entire facility. Not exactly up to NERC standards.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

TEAH SYAG posted:

or if lovely Canadian writers are to blame.

This is more than a little offside, buddy.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Looks like Jay might be leaving us; he just got cast on 24.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
They're still making 24? :laffo:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Kesper North posted:

They're still making 24? :laffo:

I think they're making 24 again. They haven't in a long time.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
They made a season like two years ago.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Yeah I remember there being a Super Bowl commercial with Jack Bauer walking away from a exploding car in London a couple years ago

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

No Butt Stuff posted:

I doubt STAR labs is up to date on their regulatory access, since literally anyone can access the entire facility. Not exactly up to NERC standards.

There's also the giant hole in the roof that I'm beginning to think no-one even realizes is there since it's been, what, 2 years or something now and no-one's done anything about it.

Ville Valo posted:

Looks like Jay might be leaving us; he just got cast on 24.

Thank Christ, his character is poo poo and I doubt anyone will miss him frankly. Except Caitlin. For five minutes, before she finds a new love interest to make doe eyes at as she slowly gathers the specter of the grim reaper to his side.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

tsob posted:

There's also the giant hole in the roof that I'm beginning to think no-one even realizes is there since it's been, what, 2 years or something now and no-one's done anything about it.
What do you want from me? I'm a scientist, not a roofer!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

He's probably not even the real Jay Garrick so we will get to know the real Jay Garrick next year. Until he gets cast on something 80% of the way through season 3.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

catch22 posted:

This has prob come up already, but how do Caitlin and Cisco pay their bills? Wells died a while ago, no one is paying them unless they have access to Wells personal fortune.
Since Barry was announced CEO of STAR in Eobard's will, he probably just takes money out of the company and pays Cisco and Caitlin's checks that way. Not like they really use it for anything other than a base of operations these days.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

They could realistically* make millions just patenting a quarter of the poo poo Cisco makes

*obvious using "realistic" super loosely since the dude makes sci-fi super gadgets

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

lotus circle posted:

Since Barry was announced CEO of STAR in Eobard's will, he probably just takes money out of the company and pays Cisco and Caitlin's checks that way. Not like they really use it for anything other than a base of operations these days.

I like to think Cisco lives there.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

odiv posted:

What do you want from me? I'm a scientist, not a roofer!

In a few episodes time it'll be revealed that no roofer in the country wants to work on the place because they're ethically opposed to the actions of the STAR labs.

Guy A. Person posted:

He's probably not even the real Jay Garrick so we will get to know the real Jay Garrick next year. Until he gets cast on something 80% of the way through season 3.

Honestly, I don't even have expectation they'll treat the real Jay, Wally, Jesse or any other speedster any better once they come in to the show properly and expect that they'll exist mostly for the sake of easy drama on the side with occasional bouts of jobbing when they remember these people are speedsters for five seconds.

Guy A. Person posted:

They could realistically* make millions just patenting a quarter of the poo poo Cisco makes

*obvious using "realistic" super loosely since the dude makes sci-fi super gadgets

Caitlin could make a mint too presumably given that she can knock out a bit of SCIENCE! serum that'll do just about anything you want like super speed in a couple of days at most.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
I was having a rough day at work, and then I got home and realized that a full episode of the Flash featuring mother loving King Shark is a thing that is happening tonight, and now everything is OK.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Hey, it's a crossover with Street Sharks! *duck*

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
We're going to need a bigger Flash.

God drat it, Cisco.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I will never get tired of seeing Dig's incredulous reactions to metahumans.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

How many references to Jaws do you think they can stick in this episode?

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

How many references to Jaws do you think they can stick in this episode?

That's some bad hat, Barry.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Are they just reusing footage from when he ran along the coast to counter-act the tidal wave?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The whole "burden of Earth 2 is too great to bear" has already become tedious.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Nah we shouldn't tell our loved ones about possible outcomes we witnessed they seem to be heading towards. Better to just be emotionally distant and make them feel even more alone.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

flosofl posted:

The whole "burden of Earth 2 is too great to bear" has already become tedious.

It really is. At the very least tell her what the gently caress they saw there. Telling Joe you saw him die and he was an rear end in a top hat and all that isn't important and might just be undue stress, sure. You can sort of justify not bringing up the fact you watched him die over there. But telling Kaitlyn what's up isn't going to mess up anything. It's not like she'll go evil if she finds out she was Killer Frost there if you also point out there was Evil Ronnie and Evil Cisco there too. And, you know, that Barry was a weenie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Never

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Dig is the greatest. Always and forever.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I mean. He's not wrong. Turbines ARE loud and guzzle fuel like crazy. They also give a ton of power.

Also Cisco dun' hosed up. Good jerb.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The lighting in this scene is giving Caitlyn some major crazy-eyes.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Well, I guess that's one way for Barry to share his secret with Wally.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Well. That's pretty rude, Mr. Shark.

howe_sam posted:

The lighting in this scene is giving Caitlyn some major crazy-eyes.

On purpose, I'd imagine. She's pretty clearly supposed to not be well at the moment.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Scene gets too dramatic? King Shark

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Candygram.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
After running out of reasons to hate the Wests, Wally has moved on to Barry instead. By the finale he'll have gone through the whole cast.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Turbine_Car

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Deathstroke in Legends!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Flash avoids revealing his secret when Sonic the hedgehog saves them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This is bad.

Please get better.

• Locked thread