Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Stanos posted:

Where do you even go with it? Add more women? Male clothes ripping mechanic? Turn it into an otome dating sim?

I guess my standards are lower than I thought (I already knew this, I own a Vita) because I thought the demo was okay. Nothing special but drat.

EDIT: Kenka Bancho for beat em ups if you somehow haven't played it when it wasn't on PSP is good too.

Well, Uppers was done by the same developer.

Sakurazuka posted:

Honestly delaying/cancelling a game because of low pre-order numbers seems so unlikely I'm wondering if there isn't something else going on.

Very, it has happened before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

Honestly delaying/cancelling a game because of low pre-order numbers seems so unlikely I'm wondering if there isn't something else going on.

Happens with anime sometimes. Guess the low budget tits game business isn't all that different

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't think of any show that got cancelled because of low DVD sales mid season or something.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

They don't cancel the show as it's airing, they cancel or delay the BD releases. Happened with that hugely unpopular rotoscoped show a while ago.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 23, 2016

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

What ballpark of pre-orders are we talking about with Uppers? Because I keep thinking they couldn't even get one thousand for this to happen.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you'd think they would at least throw it out on the playstation store

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

you'd think they would at least throw it out on the playstation store

This is the odd part to me

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There hasn't been a peep out of Sony about the Vita despite its birthday being yesterday. That could be something.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Make a Kenko Bancho sequel instead. Without non-concent groping, please.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Very, it has happened before?
It reminds me when Capcom released a trailer for a new Darkstalkers game, then released Darkstalkers Resurrection for the PS3 which was just a re-release of the original game. It wasn't even an HD remix. When nobody bought their lovely cash grab, Capcom decided nobody liked Darkstalkers anymore and canned the whole thing.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Gematsu has a translated preview for Caligula and it sounds like the kind of game the OG Persona guy would write alright

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/furyu-announces-caligula-ps-vita

Also Risk of Rain is coming to Vita

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/23/risk-of-rain-heading-to-ps4-ps-vita/

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RanKizama posted:

It reminds me when Capcom released a trailer for a new Darkstalkers game, then released Darkstalkers Resurrection for the PS3 which was just a re-release of the original game. It wasn't even an HD remix. When nobody bought their lovely cash grab, Capcom decided nobody liked Darkstalkers anymore and canned the whole thing.

Wikipedia posted:

Darkstalkers Resurrection, known as Vampire Resurrection (ヴァンパイア リザレクション Vanpaia Rizarekushon?)[4] in Japan, is a 2013 video game developed by Iron Galaxy Studios and published by Capcom. It is a compilation of Capcom's two classic 2D fighting games in the Darkstalkers series, Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge (1995) and Darkstalkers 3 (1997).[1][5] The game features HD visuals, online multiplayer, replay sharing, spectator mode, and in-game unlockables. It was released in March 2013 as a downloadable title on the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade[6][7] to a positive critical reception, though the publisher claimed it has failed commercially.

Darkstalkers Resurrection received universally positive reviews, resulting in the averaged ratings of more than 80% at both GameRankings and Metacritic for both platforms. However, Svensson announced that that while the game had appeared in digital bestseller top ten lists, it has not managed to sell enough copies to be considered commercially successful.[26]

It absolutely was an HD remix, and a good one at that. It is also the only way to get Night Warriors on a console outside of the Saturn.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i got back into risk of rain recently and like it a lot, but man, i can't imagine playing it on vita.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Takoluka posted:

It absolutely was an HD remix, and a good one at that. It is also the only way to get Night Warriors on a console outside of the Saturn.
I don't recall it being any different than the original game. Like at all. The Street Fighter II HD Remix was better.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Gematsu has a translated preview for Caligula and it sounds like the kind of game the OG Persona guy would write alright

Also Risk of Rain is coming to Vita

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/23/risk-of-rain-heading-to-ps4-ps-vita/

There was a certain taboo that the developers decided, “it would be best to avoid,” but Satomi instead created a character that maximized the taboo. That character is still going strong.

so what will the taboo be?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Space Dave on Vita cancelled.

https://twitter.com/TotallyChoice/status/702205877990744064]

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Vita's getting cancelled

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

drat not...Space Dave

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Takoluka posted:

How is this HD? I'm not saying it's a bad collection, it's a good one, but the actual DarkStalkers games are still 320x240 or whatever the hell. They did not redo sprites or anything. I'm confused.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ddogflex posted:

How is this HD? I'm not saying it's a bad collection, it's a good one, but the actual DarkStalkers games are still 320x240 or whatever the hell. They did not redo sprites or anything. I'm confused.

Maybe I should've clarified; the ports are incredibly faithful with upscales. The games themselves aren't HD-upgraded, but everything else has been improved greatly, and there's the inclusion of online play mechanics (that apparently worked really well). My mistake on the HD visual problem.

I do think, though, that people's perception of the "popularity" of DS is greatly exaggerated.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Takoluka posted:

Maybe I should've clarified; the ports are incredibly faithful with upscales. The games themselves aren't HD-upgraded, but everything else has been improved greatly, and there's the inclusion of online play mechanics (that apparently worked really well). My mistake on the HD visual problem.

I do think, though, that people's perception of the "popularity" of DS is greatly exaggerated.

I didn't know anyone in the fighting game scene who was super into it. Like, Morrigan is sort of iconic at this point but that's about it.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

HGH posted:

It's weird, I never thought of Japanese games operating so much off of preorder sales like that. Kinda reminds me of SpaceBaseDF9 minus the scam part.

The sales of otaku stuff tends to be mostly pre-orders. Kinda like AAA games. :v:

With that said, I can't think any other case of a game getting delayed due to low pre-orders. I suspect that they're kicking it into the next financial year to not blot a decent fiscal report. Don't be too surprised if the new release date winds up being early May.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Guess Sony didn't buy whatever that is for PS+ then, I swear that's how they pick half their freebies

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Just got my Estival Versus preorder cancelled and refunded from Deepdiscount.com in case anyone else was hoping the pricing error would actually go through.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Policenaut posted:

FuRyu also has a website with an instrumental-only track up: http://www.cs.furyu.jp/new/

http://www.cs.furyu.jp/new/images/sd01.mp3

Meta:

Title: caligula_bgm115
ENCODED BY: iTunes 12.3.2.35

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 23, 2016

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

bloodychill posted:

I didn't know anyone in the fighting game scene who was super into it. Like, Morrigan is sort of iconic at this point but that's about it.

PXZ is all Darkstalkers has left.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

BisterdDave posted:

Just got my Estival Versus preorder cancelled and refunded from Deepdiscount.com in case anyone else was hoping the pricing error would actually go through.

Same here, I am thinking of raising a stink about it. It's very poor customer service to not honor a price. If they were out of stock, that's one thing. But for a preorder they can't really say that.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

Same here, I am thinking of raising a stink about it. It's very poor customer service to not honor a price. If they were out of stock, that's one thing. But for a preorder they can't really say that.

Let us know if that works I guess. Maybe I should send an email like "well, I'll take the PS4 version then"

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Takoluka posted:

That's fighting games for ya. No matter what the outward opinion is, people are always conspicuously absent when it comes to actually playing them.

Stop being afraid of losing, scrubs. :argh:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Takoluka posted:

gently caress that. I want a new Darkstalkers and a new Samurai Shodown western release. :colbert:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

New Samurai Shodown would own, but I'm pretty excited for KoF XIV.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I loved Samurai Shodown 4 but that series is dead and long past its prime.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm pretty sure they announced a new Samurai Shodown like literally a week ago

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Reminder of how bad SamSho Sen was.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm pretty sure they announced a new Samurai Shodown like literally a week ago

All I can find is a Hadoken article from a couple weeks ago saying they have sources saying there's going to be a revival next year and a bunch of sites reporting that article as a rumor but if it's true, that's pretty cool.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sakurazuka posted:

If we get CG2 and not Exist Archive I'm throwing my Vita in the bin

New thread title, if I ever saw one.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Reminder of how bad SamSho Sen was.

That game was like that crazy Bomberman edgy reboot on the Xbox. Awful and totally unnecessary.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yo Imma blow a hundred on the PSN for that promotion, is Hitman GO cross buy?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's kind of weird, I saw this on the EU PS blog

quote:

Hitman GO will be cross-buy from the 2nd of March. If you purchase today, you will get the cross-buy entitlement from the 2nd.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

That is indeed weird as gently caress but I guess I'll just buy the Vita version for now and wait for the cross buy to kick in later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Policenaut posted:

Yo Imma blow a hundred on the PSN for that promotion, is Hitman GO cross buy?

Trip report please, i wanna hear how bad it is.