Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sout
Apr 24, 2014

ICHIBAHN posted:

Yeah. It's horrible. So loving flat

Ooh, has anyone done any tattoos in red and blue in attempts to make a stereoscopic image when you wear those 3D glasses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Davros1 posted:

No, that's a horrible portrait.

This bugs the poo poo out of me. You're Lady Gaga, you have all of the money, you have your pick of artists to do a tribute portrait, AND THAT is what you chose?

Uuuuuuuuuuugggghhh.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
I'll never understand bad celebrity tattoos. You have all the money in the world. Even popular artists with year-long waiting lists would probably make time to fit you into their schedule, if only to say that one of their customers was Lady Gaga. But no, they'll go down to Bob's Discount Tattoos and get a lovely portrait and some wobbly flash.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

sout posted:

Ooh, has anyone done any tattoos in red and blue in attempts to make a stereoscopic image when you wear those 3D glasses?

You called?
https://www.google.com/search?q=red...KHQoXAtIQsAQIGw

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That looks like sharpie, PLEASE tell me it's just sharpie.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
This is awesome but may be tasteless.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Funhilde posted:

This is awesome but may be tasteless.

Oh, god, it's a Nelson mandala.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Antivehicular posted:

holy poo poo

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Antivehicular posted:

Epic.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Is this worse than then one on the back of the pickup? I can't decide.

That wolf is terrified.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Antivehicular posted:

:master:

Oh my god I have no words. It's so beautiful.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

detectivemonkey posted:

Lady Gaga's new tattoo:

That star :cry:

Oh my loving god shes a millionaire, she could have had anyone do it, she got THAT??? Holy poo poo

Ooops missed a page, I didn't realize everyone said this already. Here's a photo of her getting it, bonus lovely tattoo artist in frame

hyperhazard posted:

I'll never understand bad celebrity tattoos. You have all the money in the world. Even popular artists with year-long waiting lists would probably make time to fit you into their schedule, if only to say that one of their customers was Lady Gaga. But no, they'll go down to Bob's Discount Tattoos and get a lovely portrait and some wobbly flash.

I'm thinking the thing is they're celebrities so they're used to getting everything right now so they can't deal with a real artist's waiting list, even if it's only a few days. So they go to anyone who has an opening, which means only lovely artists.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:33 on Feb 20, 2016

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Antivehicular posted:

My friend drew this up as a joke a couple years back

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Even the placement of that bowie tattoo is horrendous

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

What is she covering with that white cloth in both shots?

A hand interacting in some forbidden way with cobs of corn?

Vortex Street
Oct 23, 2010

I walked right out of the machinery

DavidAlltheTime posted:

What is she covering with that white cloth in both shots?

A hand interacting in some forbidden way with cobs of corn?

The cloth is covering her bra to prevent ink from getting on it.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Some of these people have no idea how 3D art works:

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Thin Privilege posted:

Oh my loving god shes a millionaire, she could have had anyone do it, she got THAT??? Holy poo poo

Ooops missed a page, I didn't realize everyone said this already. Here's a photo of her getting it, bonus lovely tattoo artist in frame

I'm thinking the thing is they're celebrities so they're used to getting everything right now so they can't deal with a real artist's waiting list, even if it's only a few days. So they go to anyone who has an opening, which means only lovely artists.

Did she really get the piece done in the LA area? Jesus Christ, do you know how many killer black and gray realism artists are in that area?? I'm certain one of them would have jumped at the chance.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Some of these people have no idea how 3D art works:

I think the idea with these is that you could alternately blink your eyes while wearing 3d glasses and it will come off like a 2 frame animation.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

pretty soft girl posted:

I think the idea with these is that you could alternately blink your eyes while wearing 3d glasses and it will come off like a 2 frame animation.

This is how I walk around usually so I'm always delighted to see a tattoo like that.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

"Dicing to Live"

The life of a high-stakes craps player is fraught with peril

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

razorrozar posted:

"Dicing to Live"

The life of a high-stakes craps player is fraught with peril

That's wrong and you know it.

He's a prep cook.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Every one of her tattoos except that nicely-shaded trumpet looks really bad. Maybe that guy's her dedicated tattoo artist and all he can render well are trumpets and curly lettering.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

A gym friend of mine just got "loyal" / "soldier" tattooed on her forearms. I'm not going to post a pic because it's not particularly noteworthy visually, but she commented that "the font means kind & witty" - is this a thing? Do fonts "mean" something?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

CommonShore posted:

A gym friend of mine just got "loyal" / "soldier" tattooed on her forearms. I'm not going to post a pic because it's not particularly noteworthy visually, but she commented that "the font means kind & witty" - is this a thing? Do fonts "mean" something?

Actually, that font means "gullible."

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CommonShore posted:

I have nothing to contribute. I just need to quote this for later. One day I may be feeling really down on myself and then I will look at that quote and smile.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Fonts mean things like "serious" or "carefree" but it's really obvious what they're conveying. Just like you wouldn't use something that felt ornate and serious for a beach party invite, you wouldn't use something carefree and whimsical for your resume. Your gym buddy is dumb but there's good news: it's really whatever.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Chakan posted:

Fonts mean things like "serious" or "carefree" but it's really obvious what they're conveying. Just like you wouldn't use something that felt ornate and serious for a beach party invite, you wouldn't use something carefree and whimsical for your resume. Your gym buddy is dumb but there's good news: it's really whatever.

Yeah she's not bright but she's really nice, and that's part of why I didn't put her picture online.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Bad tattoos are a dime a dozen, but good gym buddies are priceless. You made the right choice.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

CommonShore posted:

Please tell me that the font was Comic Sans MS.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

It is some tall looping script that wraps all around her forearms. It doesn't actually look bad beyond the banality of a script tattoo.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The firefly is probably the most hilariously phallic spaceship.

You can't take this guy from me.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

'Scuse me while I kiss this guy

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Byzantine posted:

'Scuse me while I kiss this guy

One of my favorite things about Hendrix was the way he totally embraced this mondegreen and during later live shows would mime kissing (maybe actually kiss? can't recall) other band members.

Oh look content

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

:eyepop: Holy poo poo. This is so awful on so many levels.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Jeherrin posted:

:eyepop: Holy poo poo. This is so awful on so many levels.

If the map were actually South America, it'd be perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread