Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
We won the tournament of legends match against goon without lazy

I found footage of the post HoT spvp showmatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
you will never grow as a pro tier hots player if i do everything for you

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Oh, HoTs not HoT. Found a video of lazy after we lose to goon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43PI6wcnjUM

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

Oh, HoTs not HoT. Found a video of lazy after we lose to goon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43PI6wcnjUM

:lol:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns - why the gently caress would they do that

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm going to poo poo out of your noob rear end
uhhhhhhhhHH

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Friendly reminder that I'll be running an HP train in about half an hour!

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
playing sPvP is like eating at Arby's.

If you hate yourself enough to do that, it's time to release all of your stress... from your neck. Do it. Reach out for the Sweet Release.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I unironically enjoy sPvP in moderation, occasionally.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

I unironically enjoy sPvP in moderation, occasionally.

I used to but they kept nerfing every build I played.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Play Shiro/Glint Marauder Herald with Sword/Shield and Hammer for weapons. Stand back in Glint with Fury+Strength on and spray hammers at people, when they try to close on you after you've put them to half health, switch legends and weapons, hit your shiro heal, then hit sword 2 and sword 3 and watch them explode.

Shiro/Glint Marauder Herald is really, really fun

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

gently caress conquest.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

There will never be a fun spvp mode because arenanet has a fetish for making things esports instead of fun.

Also I think we need a new term for esports because actual sports are fun games that people play for fun and esports are "competitively balanced" piles of filth.

Except for Overwatch.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Dukka posted:

you can unironically give a different korean company $30 for a better experience atm

I'm hard on it but GW2 is a good game that has been criminally mismanaged at every turn since release. BD looks like fermented trash in a sun baked dumpster covered in bird poo poo.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Hey guys where are the screenshots of the gliding, raygun wielding giant spider? I want to show a friend of mine because it was hilarious

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

guide to having fun in pvp:

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Magres posted:

Hey guys where are the screenshots of the gliding, raygun wielding giant spider? I want to show a friend of mine because it was hilarious

https://imgur.com/a/ruBuI Here you go! Also includes

The love wolf.

sound_again
Jun 19, 2012
I'm sure I'm not the first to bring this up, but them abandoning dungeons has only just recently sunk in for me, and it's just depressing as hell.

They can't even stand by and take care of their own content. I love so much of this game, but I'm having a hard time getting past this.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

sound_again posted:

I'm sure I'm not the first to bring this up, but them abandoning dungeons has only just recently sunk in for me, and it's just depressing as hell.

They can't even stand by and take care of their own content. I love so much of this game, but I'm having a hard time getting past this.

maybe dont be depressed about a video game and do fractals for more money and variety?

1-800-273-8255

http://hopeline.com/

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

ItBurns posted:

fractals for more money and variety?

Swamp

Swamp

Swamp

Swamp

Swamp

Attestant fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Feb 23, 2016

sound_again
Jun 19, 2012

Ooooh, we're so dead...

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Schpyder posted:

Friendly reminder that I'll be running an HP train in about half an hour!

gently caress, I knew I forgot something.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

I'm hard on it but GW2 is a good game that has been criminally mismanaged at every turn since release. BD looks like fermented trash in a sun baked dumpster covered in bird poo poo.

Black Desert posted:

Are there any plans to make a small-scaled eSports with ladders and gear equalization or mainly developing the open world and guild battle system for now?

We are not exactly excluding it, in the long-term plan, but for us, perfecting the game definitely comes before eSports.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 23, 2016

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
At least gw2 pvp isnt as bad as WoW pvp. That poo poo was infuriating to play because if you got into it late everyone had the best pvp gear and just nuked you before you could do anything

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Let's be fair, gw2 isn't pushing either agenda because they never have put the effort into making gw2 a viable esport either (as if any mmo pvp could even be considered that one in the first place) because remember their big push after launch to make gw2 an esport but without a spectator tool worth a drat or a way to cast matches or even have private arenas or ways to adjust the rules? You can't just wish and pray that it will be popular and fun to watch.

And black desert isn't even out yet and I just read up about it and it all seems so tedious and bad (like adding extra grinding to get to the level cap to the NA/EU release what the hell is up with that??) so I guess we'll see when the game has been out for a while. When it has a record we can compare notes about who improves their game the worst.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

When it has a record we can compare notes about who improves their game the worst.
Starbound https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3697749&pagenumber=120&perpage=40#post456614391

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Let's be fair, gw2 isn't pushing either agenda because they never have put the effort into making gw2 a viable esport either

They didn't, but they sure did and do hype it as an esport. Anet never seemed to get the concept that they couldn't just magic wand it into a viable esport game with no actual effort.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

It looks like there is a new glider skin available in the gem store and it isn't a different colored set of wings.

Instead it's electricity and lightning bolts.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Protip posted:

It looks like there is a new glider skin available in the gem store and it isn't a different colored set of wings.

They must have run out of wings to reskin.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Protip posted:

2 things the game needed more of: glider skins and particle effects.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Protip posted:

Sweet, sold

People like me are the reason we're getting a million glider skins, I love glider skins

E: No regrets, I like doing the electric glide

Magres fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 23, 2016

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Generic Octopus posted:

2 things the game needed more of: glider skins and particle effects.
you all literally bought an expansion pack for the honorable privilege of buying pubbie wing 2.0 skins

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

CLAM DOWN posted:

They didn't, but they sure did and do hype it as an esport. Anet never seemed to get the concept that they couldn't just magic wand it into a viable esport game with no actual effort.

They definitely did try and hype it up but it's like the person who takes every chance they can to brag that they're going to the gym but in reality they went once or twice and stopped but still somehow managed to be surprised they never got fit.

"I don't understand, we've been writing blogs posts about this tournament for ages and we had over $100,000 in prizes! How come nobody wants to watch elementalists tickle each other for 20 minutes?"

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

At least gw2 pvp isnt as bad as WoW pvp. That poo poo was infuriating to play because if you got into it late everyone had the best pvp gear and just nuked you before you could do anything

Early vanilla WoW pvp was the most fun pvp I've ever experienced in an MMO, imo. Abilities felt punchy and meaningful, with people going down in a couple hits from your heavy-hitting skills, and it all revolved around trying to set those up or avoid them. Open world pvp stuff was a constant threat and a ton of fun, but death wasn't super penalizing. I spent hundreds of hours ambushing people in Blackrock Mountain, Silithus, and Orgrimmar.

I can never really get into the sort of pvp that GW2 offers. The balanced, instanced matches where you sit in circled areas to increase some arbitrary point number or whatever. WvW is a bit less structured, but still not to the extent that I prefer. I need my pvp to be wild and free, and I need my combat to be quick and decisive with one side eating dirt the instant they make a mistake. Nothing could possibly be more offputting than capture point bunker wars.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Add some more deathmatch maps, stick conquest in with king of the hill/capture the flag/stronghold in a separate queue and boom, people will be playing

unless the main problem people had with courtyard wasn't having their conquest builds on

but what are the chances of that

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

The only fun thing about pvp is how angry some of them get when I suck really bad at it. I want more co-op events that are fun. gently caress pvp and gently caress e"sports". If I wanted to be insulted and called a fat slut by some fourteen year old I'd go back to teaching. Although seeing some twit nerdrage to the point of giving himself a stroke because our team lost is always a joy, so I dunno I guess it has it's benefits? Why are you playing on random teams if you care so much, all caps typing idiot?

Have to admit stumbling on a mesmer and seeing them suddenly fracture into like a hundred mesmers is always glorious, I love it even if it kills me dead. Which it always ALWAYS does.

I enjoy the map events because it sort of reminds me what a single player game might be like if AI wasn't intensely stupid - people running around actually DOING useful things and calling for help when needed, getting stuff finished, chatting and whatnot. Makes the map feel more alive somehow, not just a bunch of pointless npc's standing around but doing actual tasks that lead to an actual goal. Some of the early maps have chaining events like that and I'd love to see lots more of those!

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
I would have liked courtyard if people didn't respawn before the team was wiped out and you had to win rounds. I'm not sure why the pvp has to be all about circles and.. is there anything but circles?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

There's a few squares.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tambaloneus posted:

If I wanted to be called a fat slut by some fourteen year old I'd go back to teaching

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Apparently as a teacher you're not supposed to burst out laughing when someone up the back mumbles this at you, so I guess I would have made a poo poo teacher.

• Locked thread