Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I'm OK with some of those answers, but not others. I'm glad they're considering adding races, cause there's a lot in the game that aren't playable, like ffffffffuckin dwarves. However, the idea that there's plenty of ways to get dyes already is out right false. It's cash shop only, random, and one time use. The dye system will not be engaged with by players if that continues to be the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E/preview

the longest guide ever

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
It isn't only from the cash shop. Just mostly.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

This is how the system works now.

Most dyes come from the cash shop. All the good ones come from that or mixing dyes. Any dye that these people do not want will probably end up on the auction house. There are a few quests that I found, probably a few more but still not many, that do give you dyes. I do not know if those are repeatable or not. I didn't test it since dyes are not really my thing.

I don't know what price the auction house will put dyes at, but I got a feeling it is pretty high. This is a system designed to go after whales who will have no problem doing dumb things like buying a 100 dollar preorder then dumping 30 more bucks into dyes and having them sell the extras for in game silver. I've seen this system before and it is literally finding people too dumb with their money who may or may not have a gambling problem. It is a predatory system that I do not like.

I have not been able to confirm that the auction house part of the system, this is only what I have heard from some other other players.

That said, they did say they would take another look at the system. There is a chance that they add the Premium dye system that KR has. More info about that can befound here http://steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/1963-black-desert-online-premium-dye-system-explanation but it is basically a subscription system to the dyes.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here
These Kungen permagame rants are just great :allears:

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Valencia Part III sounds great. Glad this is buy2play because it'll be nice revisiting this in a year.

Shame they didn't bring up the weeb classes though . I want to know when I can expect to play as Lu Bu and Rikimaru

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I kinda knew all that, and put together the idea that it was a way to get a bunch of revenue since it's a f2p game in other areas, but I don't think it's fair to have that sort of dye system in a buy to play game. I don't want to pay a sub for the dye system to be accessible to me in a non-insane way, when all they'd need to do is make dyes permanent like GW2 and add random dye boxes as a fairly common drop and they'd be beating that game at one of its strengths. I bring up GW2 because that's the same payment model that this game has, so people will not be expecting to have to be a whale to even dye their armour the same shade of brown.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

Any dye that these people do not want will probably end up on the auction house.
Only if those are the quest/event dyes, cash shop items are not allowed on the auction.

Grondoth posted:

I kinda knew all that, and put together the idea that it was a way to get a bunch of revenue since it's a f2p game in other areas, but I don't think it's fair to have that sort of dye system in a buy to play game. I don't want to pay a sub for the dye system to be accessible to me in a non-insane way, when all they'd need to do is make dyes permanent like GW2 and add random dye boxes as a fairly common drop and they'd be beating that game at one of its strengths. I bring up GW2 because that's the same payment model that this game has, so people will not be expecting to have to be a whale to even dye their armour the same shade of brown.
Jokes on the shades of brown, blue dye box is like half-indigo or something.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Rift and GW2 are good games for these guys to look at to fix their model.

Rift went f2p and put their costumes at too high of a price point and ended up losing money and players because of it
GW2 has a great dye system that they should try to mirror as much as possible since being able to play dress up with dolls is a huge reason people keep playing it

But normally this is not within a regional teams control. They have to ask the main developer to do any changes and they may refuse to do it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hobocrunch posted:

These Kungen permagame rants are just great :allears:
What even is the appeal of watching Kungen?

On the other hand I watch sodapoppin so what do I know. :v:

Edit:

Rift and GW2 are good games for these guys to look at to fix their model.
I preordered Rift. Trion. :smithicide:

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
The outrage on the forums is going to be great. I can't believe they're treating a b2p game like this.

I don't really see the benefit we have over the f2p versions in other countries. Seems like it's just a barrier for entry for the sake of loving over botters. Is there any tangible benefit?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No shame in saying you preordered RIFT. At launch it was a pretty drat good game all things considered. Then they sort of stoped giving a gently caress and the game stagnated after the first year.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

The outrage on the forums is going to be great. I can't believe they're treating a b2p game like this.

I don't really see the benefit we have over the f2p versions in other countries. Seems like it's just a barrier for entry for the sake of loving over botters. Is there any tangible benefit?

Its not even that, the chinamen are going to buy accounts with stolen credit cards so they can bot and spam. Even if there isn't any trading worth a drat, they'll find a way to make money. Somehow.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 23, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Maybe for casual player there is no difference, but otherwise you just end up spending your $30 here in maybe 2 months worth of almost mandatory cash shop purchases. Then you get into PvP to get your skull pushed in by almost a literal troglodyte, just because he spend 13 thousand USD in the cash shop to enchant his gear to the maximum possible extent. Also, botting/goldselling garbage, though "serious players" in this "industry" are not going to be stopped by $30 fee any time soon.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Also lets stop calling level 50 a soft cap. This isn't the case anymore like it was during the korean launch and we didn't know about awakened weapons and skills post 50. You'll be unlocking your awakened weapon at 56, and you are still unlocking abilities after that.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No shame in saying you preordered RIFT. At launch it was a pretty drat good game all things considered. Then they sort of stoped giving a gently caress and the game stagnated after the first year.
I don't feel shame about that, I feel sorrow for how it turned out since I really loved the RIFT at launch. I tried revisiting it a couple months ago, and I just couldn't force myself even past the level 30.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Also lets stop calling level 50 a soft cap. This isn't the case anymore like it was during the korean launch and we didn't know about awakened weapons and skills post 50. You'll be unlocking your awakened weapon at 56, and you are still unlocking abilities after that.
And these are not coming until 2017 if we follow Korean timeline. Not even saying that Media has to be out to reasonably progress past level 53, and Valencia has to be out to reasonably progress past level 58.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

kalstrams posted:

And these are not coming until 2017 if we follow Korean timeline. Not even saying that Media has to be out to reasonably progress past level 53, and Valencia has to be out to reasonably progress past level 58.

Why would we follow the korean timeline? Aren't all those assets done?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Grondoth posted:

Why would we follow the korean timeline? Aren't all those assets done?
Assets are done in Korean. Russian version of the game was out on October 12, they did get Media in December, and there is no sight of Valencia as of now.

I doubt we will follow the Korean timeline, but some people seem to have delusion that we are getting everything at once, now.

Edit: Even if any and all assets are already done, I would still expect a gradual rollout, since pushing everything in at once would certainly not be beneficial.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 23, 2016

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

lewtt posted:

:eonwe::eonwe:I need a tally of $100 sperglords who will be playing at the 96 hour headstart:eonwe::eonwe:

If we've got enough, it'd be a nice boon to be able to get a couple guild gathering missions in before $50 and $30 so we can increase the guild cap.

Guild Gathering missions are 90 minute timed guild-wide quests that allow you to keep what you gathered; the only requirement is that the guild collects it during the 90 minutes. It also gives both youAND the guild a respectable chunk of money when you complete, with the personal money based on how much you pine/iron/flowers you got. They're not terribly difficult, but they're gonna require more than 4 people to do reliably.

I can't just start a shitton of them and do them whenever someone feels like it; In addition to the 5 a day limit, they take 20k guild funds to start that we lose it if we don't complete it

I bought the 100 dollar pack and have Monday and Tuesday off though I might have to slip away for a budget meeting at work sometime. I'm ready to chop trees and poo poo. Does what your worker gather count toward the guild gathering?

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
I think we'll get most existing content on an accelerated schedule, but they'll want to release the updates at a steady rate to keep players interested rather than dump everything at once and have players get bored waiting for new content.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Probad posted:

I think we'll get most existing content on an accelerated schedule, but they'll want to release the updates at a steady rate to keep players interested rather than dump everything at once and have players get bored waiting for new content.
Not only that, but also the overall uselessness of introducing expansion content early on. It is somewhat heavily gated, so besides classes and a few other things, there's not much you will really be able to make out of the Media and Valencia content any time soon.

Beo posted:

I bought the 100 dollar pack and have Monday and Tuesday off though I might have to slip away for a budget meeting at work sometime. I'm ready to chop trees and poo poo. Does what your worker gather count toward the guild gathering?
Guild gathering can not be delegated to your slaves, as far as I know.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

B2P does mitigate the standard botting model somewhat but only if it is coupled with good enforcement and an appeals process for false positives. B2P can also come with some other great benefits as we have seen with games like GW2, but BDO does not seem to be taking advantage of these. Instead, the rest of the business model feels like the usual F2P stuff. That pretty much makes the fact that we are paying money to buy the box feel closer to a cash grab to me.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Kimsemus posted:

They're adding larger ships for piracy. :getin:

It's going to be tough getting to mmo ships and piracy while naval action exists. Hopefully won't feel too tacked on.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

kalstrams posted:

Not only that, but also the overall uselessness of introducing expansion content early on. It is somewhat heavily gated, so besides classes and a few other things, there's not much you will really be able to make out of the Media and Valencia content any time soon.
Guild gathering can not be delegated to your slaves, as far as I know.

Just look at the content reviews from Steparu during the Media and Valencia 1.0 releases. There just isn't much there. Following the korean content schedule would be pretty much suicide by lethargy and they basically need to rush down to valencia 2.0 as quick as possible in the states if they want to retain people in the long run.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Sounds like we have an a-team sperg crew assembled for the early launch.

Talos guide us.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

Talos guide us.

I hadn't considered taking off work. I must be b-team.

edit: Perhaps I could take a day off, considering it starts at 5:30pm on a Sunday for me. Upgrade to a-team sperg achieved.

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 23, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Just look at the content reviews from Steparu during the Media and Valencia 1.0 releases. There just isn't much there. Following the korean content schedule would be pretty much suicide by lethargy and they basically need to rush down to valencia 2.0 as quick as possible in the states if they want to retain people in the long run.
I'm not saying that we should follow Korean content schedule. Media released the next day after our launch will make more people quit the game than Media released two months after the release, much like Valencia released the next day after Media. Almost all content released after the launch is built in a way which expects that players have, be it explicitly or implicitly, preparing for it in advance - rather self evident fact if you go and play in another region, or even if you just try to find and read actual information.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
I'll be in the $50 Scrub tier. We should get some people to farm mats for milk tea so we can all level faster.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Godmode Enabled posted:

I'll be in the $50 Scrub tier. We should get some people to farm mats for milk tea so we can all level faster.
50s can just powerlevel everyone else, should there be need - it's very easy in this game.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

Talos guide us.

Kimsemus convince me to go NA, probably gently caress my sleep schedule and deal with lag.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

If someone wants to party up for turbopoopsocking on the day one, let me know. If you are any kind of responsible or adult then you might automatically be disqualified from this. :v:

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I bought the $30 version and my wife the $50 version because she wanted that one. I never thought I would see the day where I buy my wife the "better" version of a video game. She isn't even much of a gamer but when she saw that there was horse breeding, farming, player housing, and a great character creator she was all in and ended up playing CBT2 more than I did. This is her first action combat video game...ever. Good thing weasels go down easy.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It really does feel like the main focus on the game right now is life skills where pvp and pve is secondary.

It really isn't a bad thing though.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

So with virtually no player trading being allowed, what is the best way for someone to contribute to the guild? Does it all boil down to guild gathering quests?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LegalPad posted:

So with virtually no player trading being allowed, what is the best way for someone to contribute to the guild? Does it all boil down to guild gathering quests?
Yes, and other kinds of guild quests. That's one of the two, and the primary, ways to gain money for the guild, which it needs a lot. The other way is winning GvG, but that's nowhere near as profitable, income-wise.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Here is the great part. The guild pays you and you get a bonus if you are active.

If you are active, even if you don't do guild quest stuff, you generate small bits of money and exp for the guild.

All you have to do is play.

If you want your pay to not be late, higher, or for us to have some nice things then do guild quests.

Each time the guild gets skill points, the guild can spend it on increasing the size of the guild or passives for the entire guild.

Like they can give you 3/5 enhancement levels for any life skill. This is a pretty good buff.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

If you are active, even if you don't do guild quest stuff, you generate small bits of money and exp for the guild.

All you have to do is play.

They need to take the guy who made this decision and put him in charge of more things in this game.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Is anybody else here going to play on the EU server? And do you have a good guild lined up?

Codekeeper
Feb 10, 2013

Innocence proves nothing.

lewtt posted:

:eonwe::eonwe:I need a tally of $100 sperglords who will be playing at the 96 hour headstart:eonwe::eonwe:

If we've got enough, it'd be a nice boon to be able to get a couple guild gathering missions in before $50 and $30 so we can increase the guild cap.

Guild Gathering missions are 90 minute timed guild-wide quests that allow you to keep what you gathered; the only requirement is that the guild collects it during the 90 minutes. It also gives both youAND the guild a respectable chunk of money when you complete, with the personal money based on how much you pine/iron/flowers you got. They're not terribly difficult, but they're gonna require more than 4 people to do reliably.

I can't just start a shitton of them and do them whenever someone feels like it; In addition to the 5 a day limit, they take 20k guild funds to start that we lose it if we don't complete it

$100 sperglord here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

kalstrams posted:

If someone wants to party up for turbopoopsocking on the day one, let me know. If you are any kind of responsible or adult then you might automatically be disqualified from this. :v:

I am seriously considering waking up at 1 AM for the 96 hour launch.

This is what happens when my wife is on the other side of the world helping her family. I need a parent.