Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Dowlphin posted:

My dedication belongs to those who aren't willingly building hell on earth, and every day I have to work hard at not feeling dead because of that onslaught.

This seems like a pretty reasonable response to 5 downvotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
My name is Dowlphin, brony of bronies;
Look on my works, ye mighty, and downvote!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

drat Dirty Ape posted:

This seems like a pretty reasonable response to 5 downvotes.

Agreed. He seems like a reasonable fellow that is deeply rooted in reality.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Why do these people subject themselves to the internet :confused:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Either a troll or a crackpot

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319507/to-chris-roberts-cgi-and-all-the-devs

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Nice work - prime example of 4th Citizen type of my inventory

Please don't out yourself in the thread though

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
have there been any recent posts by that sad seal man? or are they all just too depressing to read?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

pepito sanchez posted:

have there been any recent posts by that sad seal man? or are they all just too depressing to read?

Humility was last active on November, 2015. I hope that means that they found the support they needed :unsmith:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

So, stage 4 when through without a hitch unlike stage 3. We can go through with stage 5 now if people are eager? You need a platinum upgrade to see this text has the You need a platinum upgrade to see this text ready, and I'm pretty sure they're all compatible with the new update. We *should* be able to get the You need a platinum upgrade to see this text software up and running on the new version ASAP, as our guys have already worked out the exploit to avoid the new "law enforcement" measures.

As always, it's all available on the FTP, just don't ram the bandwidth too much in one go as poor You need a platinum upgrade to see this text's net will grind to a halt, haha.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
PTU 2.2 - How can people be still excited for this pile of poo poo?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Mirificus posted:

Humility was last active on November, 2015. I hope that means that they found the support they needed :unsmith:

He's the only SC backer i feel sorry for.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Modding tools will require private servers.

But private servers will be literally the last thing CIG even thinks about before release.

So when will they do modding tools?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

But private servers will be literally the last thing CIG even thinks about before release.

IIRC, they can't do Private Servers due to server requirements etc etc, the plan was to have BF3/BF4 kinda of rent-a-server from CIG (which I can totally see happening).

Could be wrong though, but that's what I remember.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Off the current topic, but for those of you trying to lose weight, a helpful video.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Galarox posted:

The writing's on the wall...

It is beautiful and prompted me to read up on the painting and the event on Wikipedia.
I find it interesting that in the original painting, Belshazzar looks surprised. But that in this version, Chris looks as if something he intended, is announced.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Xaerael posted:

So, stage 4 when through without a hitch unlike stage 3. We can go through with stage 5 now if people are eager? You need a platinum upgrade to see this text has the You need a platinum upgrade to see this text ready, and I'm pretty sure they're all compatible with the new update. We *should* be able to get the You need a platinum upgrade to see this text software up and running on the new version ASAP, as our guys have already worked out the exploit to avoid the new "law enforcement" measures.

As always, it's all available on the FTP, just don't ram the bandwidth too much in one go as poor You need a platinum upgrade to see this text's net will grind to a halt, haha.

Can confirm EightAce is in. He'll upload a few treats for you, possibly tonight or tomorrow :getin:

Don't post any of it here ofc

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
This guy is one credit check away from a personal phone call from Sandi Gardiner.

"VIP mark on line-one. Commence Operation: Deep Fleece"

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

no_recall posted:

that's what I remember.

lol

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's safe to build hype for things that will never happen

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I think we should call the edited classical paintings PAAART

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

TTerrible posted:

Well, it turns out we were wrong. CIG proved us completely wrong. :(

The inevitable consequence of piracy isn't rape. It's being sent TO YOUR ROOM, DON'T SLAM THAT DOOR EITHER

Luckily your room has plenty of wank mags so you still get to drop a load

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

no_recall posted:

IIRC, they can't do Private Servers due to server requirements etc etc, the plan was to have BF3/BF4 kinda of rent-a-server from CIG (which I can totally see happening).

“Wrong” as far as SC goes is always relative to whatever point in time you want to remember.
The KS pitch listed “Mod-able multiplayer (hosted by YOU)” as one of its core features — as in, not even a stretch goal.

CIG @ Kickstarter posted:

• Allowing user generated content is a key design goal
Our modding tools will allow players to design new ships for both submission to the persistent RSI ship dealer network or to build custom ships and items for the self-hosted multiplayer mode.

Of course, anyone who understands game development will know that your core features are the ones you should least expect to come true.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

no_recall posted:

No they were private, personal mini-servers where backers could load their own mods and do whatever the gently caress they wanted and everyone got a pony and whatever other bullshit it takes to make you buy more starships!

G0RF posted:

Off the current topic, but for those of you trying to lose weight, a helpful video.

Step 1: No Beer

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU.

(Awesome video).

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I've yet to see a game that has accessible modding tools that allow any real meaningful change that wasn't largely, if not entirely, built with those tools in the first place. I could be oblivious to a library of examples to the contrary but I imagine that even those were put together by dedicated teams working to break the game and reverse engineer it at great effort and with a great deal of experience.

How anyone could look at the fresh new hell that is SC's development woes and the insane difficulty they're having at ironing out even the most foundation elements of play and that'll transform into an ease of use modding suite by the year's end is pretty loving delusional.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
See, now if that $100 million went towards a sequel to Elastomania, nobody would be complaining.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

aleksendr posted:

Apparently "physicalised EVA" (AKA floor humping ragdolls) is back in. Does that count ?

They cant really make good or important progress since the German enginners are probably focused on Crobizzle directorial Magnus Opus, so they fiddle with what they can in the meantime.
floor humping ragdolls is my new band name

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
The important Issues section of the patch notes is always my fave

quote:

Important Issues:

There are red-gold lights surrounding the major space stations on Crusader, which is distorting visuals in the areas.

Ship engines can sometimes become stuck at 10 m/s even when in SCM mode.

The Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle is not currently being awarded to players that kill a Level 5 Criminal.

Using the Holotable in the Revel & York hangar will cause the game client to become unresponsive.

EVA’ing back into a ship with interior physics is having issues such as permanent ragdoll and death.

We highly recommend using a ship with a cockpit if you have one available, or using the test Sabre.

you already have fps. you already have boarding.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

G0RF posted:

While most of it is reasonable comedy advice, the "You are a piece of poo poo" part is completely optional.

Some people get motivated by self depreciation but not everyone. Always remember than by doing exercise your doing some good to yourself, even if its just a little bit.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

The important Issues section of the patch notes is always my fave

you already have fps. you already have boarding.
Games > Star Citizen: Permanent ragdoll and death.

"There are red-gold lights surrounding the major space stations on Crusader, which is distorting visuals in the areas."
How does one end up with extra lights they can't remove?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

SelenicMartian posted:

Games > Star Citizen: Permanent ragdoll and death.

Someone else nag FAU this time

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Hope for Karl yet

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Step 1: No Beer

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU.

(Awesome video).

Just drink some low calorie beer. Try this

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

xanif posted:

Some really bad advice itt

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Dusty Lens posted:

• Hello friends
  • We have added
  • A new feature
  • When you click a button
  • A light will turn on
  • It is a yellow light
  • It makes the room brighter
  • By activating the button again
  • The light will turn off
  • You will no longer see the light
  • The room will be made darker
  • Hitting the button again
  • Will reactivate the light
  • Causing the room to illuminate
  • Once again
  • The light will remain yellow
  • The button can be identified
  • As a button on the wall
  • It is square
  • With a blue circle in the middle
  • Activate it by using the use function
  • Activating it will turn on, or off, the light

• :
  • f
  • i
  • v
  • e
  • :

sanctimoniousqfd
Dec 16, 2015

xanif posted:

No good can come of this.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mirificus posted:

I choose to believe this. The other possibility doesn't bear thinking about.

Oh, you feel bad? Well, the obvious thing is to buy more jpgs and RP a lot on the internet.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Some really bad advice itt

sanctimoniousqfd posted:

No good can come of this.

You guys are right. You should really treat yourself and try this.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Hope for Karl yet

he's totally right. I still can't believe how easy it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:unsmith:

• Locked thread