Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Brook knocking with the dead guard is maybe the funniest thing to ever happen on this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Wariana lifting Brock off his feet and carrying him inside was hilarious. I didn't realize how large that woman is.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I love Wariana :allears:

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

sbaldrick posted:

Brook knocking with the dead guard is maybe the funniest thing to ever happen on this show.

Agreed.

Has anyone giffed that yet? Because that needs to be giffed.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Any one have the full speech that Brock gave to Wariana?

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

tarlibone posted:

Agreed.

Has anyone giffed that yet? Because that needs to be giffed.

I gotcha.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Is he even a guard? He looks more like a poor defenseless doorman or something. Like Brock just walked into the building and he followed him telling him he couldn't come in.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Machai posted:

Is he even a guard? He looks more like a poor defenseless doorman or something. Like Brock just walked into the building and he followed him telling him he couldn't come in.

That's what I thought! Like, why the gently caress would Wariana need a guard?

He's...he's going to be okay, right?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

redbackground posted:

Nah, he dead.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
When was the last time someone survived Brock when he lays a hand on them?

Apart from Venturestein and Gary. :v: (recently that Whale Lice bodyguard, ok that makes three)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Zero

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Well, not anymore....

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Nah, he dead.

He took a similar beating to Hatred, who's in the hospital.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's a little grim that Brock killed a civvie, I guess God Gas really is up there on genuinely terrible things Rusty's done

Red posted:

That dude's dead as heck

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

multijoe posted:

That dude's dead as heck

At least there's always a future in super-science testing!

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

multijoe posted:

It's a little grim that Brock killed a civvie, I guess God Gas really is up there on genuinely terrible things Rusty's done

That dude's dead as heck

Wide Wale's tower is full of villains/jerks in his employ. I imagine the entire staff of the building are actually Guild Henchman under him.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Yes and no. He did kill him a second time considering he fell for a cliche. (pointing a gun and monologuing)

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Did anyone propose that the great man Kano killed was the Blue Morpho? Then again I don't think he spoke in these flashbacks either

e: yes about 5 times never mind

walgreenslatino fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 23, 2016

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Cernunnos posted:

Wide Wale's tower is full of villains/jerks in his employ. I imagine the entire staff of the building are actually Guild Henchman under him.

Yeah, for real people, that was obviously an evil bellhop and he had it coming. Brock did nothing wrong.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TK-42-1 posted:

Wariana lifting Brock off his feet and carrying him inside was hilarious. I didn't realize how large that woman is.

I love how after Brock's speech, she kind of looks around to see if anybody is watching before going all,"I'm gonna wear you down to nothing :getin:"

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

RandallODim posted:

Yeah, for real people, that was obviously an evil bellhop and he had it coming. Brock did nothing wrong.

He was a big guy, too, and he appeared in this episode, therefore he must be Brock's half-brother!

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

"I'm going to tire you out, brave Heracles. Break you upon my wheel."

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
As great as this season has been, I still miss Triad antics :(

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I sincerely hope for comedies sake that God Gas jacks your memory cortex so that Brock knows he got laid (sprained dong maybe) but can't remember it, and she teases him. Frustrated Brock is the best Brock.

I felt like this episode FLEW by and it seems like almost nothing happened? I guess if I hadn't been reading this thread the Blue Morpho stuff would have been a bigger deal but I felt like no plot points progressed other than the extremely telegraphed Monarch plot. Kinda disappointed that we have Nano-Dean last episode and like, 2 lines in this one.

I desperately need a Hank vs. Dean fight, where Hank gets Shoreleave to steal him another exo-suit, and insists that Billy and White add roboboobs to it. I don't know what they'd fight over but it'd be the coolest poo poo of my life.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Capn Beeb posted:

As great as this season has been, I still miss Triad antics :(

In fairness, I can see why they aren't turning up. This season is dense and I can't see any opportunity for them to make an appearance that wouldn't be a brief cameo that feels tacked on. Maybe next season.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

redbackground posted:

She says "and you brought me a corpse" before Brock's big speech.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

tarlibone posted:

He was a big guy, too, and he appeared in this episode, therefore he must be Brock's half-brother!

Wariana is his long lost sister!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

multijoe posted:

It's a little grim that Brock killed a civvie

Brock's got a License to Kill.

Which, if you go by Bond movies, means "you can kill anyone you like, just don't expect to hold onto this for long if you indiscriminately kill anyone important."

Also, seeing as that's a direct take from some Astrobase image, can someone with a barcode reader see if the code 'means' anything? You never know with these guys.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Feb 24, 2016

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Remember, he murdered the bartender at the strip club only because he'd made fun of his hair cut.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Brock's got a License to Kill.

Which, if you go by Bond movies, means "you can kill anyone you like, just don't expect to hold onto this for long if you indiscriminately kill anyone important."

Also, seeing as that's a direct take from some Astrobase image, can someone with a barcode reader see if the code 'means' anything? You never know with these guys.

The barcodes just match up to the label printed next to them. And if you search them you get... mentions of the exact image, so it's not like they ripped it off a product they had lying around.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

the numbers are circumference and length

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked how Warrenia lived in Wide Wales building, which is even more obviously Trump because of the T on the doormans uniform.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Sash! posted:

Remember, he murdered the bartender at the strip club only because he'd made fun of his hair cut.

Brock just beat the poo poo out of him. He's still bartending during the season 3 finale.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

I'm having trouble parsing the Art Deco Font but Tophet is the place the Canaanites sacrificed children to Moloch and Baal, which would make sense for the villain theme and the 'T'. No idea if that's it though.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Plus, Warriana lives in the building she called "phallic" during their sales pitch to Rusty.

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..

BexGu posted:

Any one have the full speech that Brock gave to Wariana?

"Your beauty is your strength, and I submit to it. Take me, and let me know what it’s like to be with a woman. There is nothing in this world but your power, in me, the only man who could see it. Let me worship at your altar. Let me know the pleasure of a real woman."

aeiou fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Feb 24, 2016

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Red posted:

Yeah but Hatred is a super soldier, I think. Or at the very least, a seasoned veteran of the OSI and the Guild. Poor doorman isn't made of such stern stuff.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yes Hatered is a super solider, obviously with some side effects. :v:

They explained this in season 5 when he goes to OSI for a check up on his breasts. They said the pills was messing with the super solider serum he got years ago.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

does anyone have some good screencaps of the title card spreads from the episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Gangringo posted:

does anyone have some good screencaps of the title card spreads from the episode?

This one?