Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
dad when i grow up i want to be a wage slave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The optimal strategy for operating in a free market is to maximize your own freedom and minimize the market's.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
My basic rights and freedoms include sassing my ur-boss in an open letter

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

the modern cyberpunk dystopia is kind of lovely, the government either does nothing to stop or actively supports companies making employees and customers give up basic rights and freedoms and we only just barely have virtual reality goggles available

William Gibson himself admitted that the only parts of his cyberpunk dystopian future that were ever going to come true were the lovely boring parts.

naem
May 29, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

I believe you're referring to the Stantz Populous/Haunting Index that states the larger the area the more "living beings" need to be there to keep the hauntings from becoming noticeable. So a place like a large abandoned insane asylum would need more than just a couple of roommates living there to keep the hauntings at bay.

I've watched quite a few documentaries on this, and from what I've seen even five close friends who break into the abandoned insane asylum aren't enough to prevent hauntings, especially if they drink one beer and yell WOOO or if the attractive couple have sex or if there is a fat guy who smokes weed, also the black guy always dies first followed by the punk rock girl with an attitude

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
do u think demons have sex?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MAYO FETISH posted:

do u think demons have sex?

Since they ovulate I'd assume they do. How else would we get demon-strations?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Call of Cholula posted:

You loving idiots she posted this like a day before that dumb open letter

http://alotofrice.pixieset.com/thatsalotofrice/?pid=437293647&id=0&h=MjQzMTA3OTMxMg

Does anyone have the image from this saved? It got deleted.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

what a loving slob

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

someone wrote an open letter response

http://www.businessinsider.com/stefanie-williams-response-to-yelp-employee-talia-jane-2016-2

she only seems to mention the bourbon, I guess she wasn't aware of the other pictures.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Eames36 posted:

someone wrote an open letter response

http://www.businessinsider.com/stefanie-williams-response-to-yelp-employee-talia-jane-2016-2

she only seems to mention the bourbon, I guess she wasn't aware of the other pictures.

This is just an article she wrote about herself, nobody gives a poo poo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

exethan posted:

what a loving slob

ceramic knife lol

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I said come in! posted:

Which image?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Nonsense posted:

ceramic knife lol

I don't think ceramic knives are magnetic.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

exethan posted:

what a loving slob

Lmao at goons calling ppl with messy kitchens "slobs".

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Most people who work full time and live alone have messy kitchens.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

radiatinglines posted:

This is just an article she wrote about herself, nobody gives a poo poo

Agreed. I tried to read that response a day or two ago but couldn't get through it. This lady might make a good point for all I know.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

Lmao at goons calling ppl with messy kitchens "slobs".

basemet-goon-room.jpg comes to mind as what determines actual slobbery.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Nonsense posted:

basemet-goon-room.jpg comes to mind as what determines actual slobbery.

That is way past "slob" and into "alternative lifestyle".

I don't know the real backstory to that picture but it is a great picture to look at and contemplate what kind of person lives there and why.

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

Uncle Salty posted:

Agreed. I tried to read that response a day or two ago but couldn't get through it. This lady might make a good point for all I know.

It is kind of boot-strappy but she points out some of the questionable decision making made and the fact the girl is looking for hand outs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FrankieGoes posted:

Which image?

Its a tweet where she admits she wanted to get fired by Yelp to create a sob story to get people to give her money. Her whole thing is a scam.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

FrankieGoes posted:

Which image?

She was talking about how she wants to do exactly what she ended up doing. Become an attention whore and scam people into donating money.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
"Stays lurk for 5 years?*

Great jesus I cannot get enough of people making fun of 9/11. Fuckin' LOL!!!

"Oh!? Obese people have a warped sense of reality? Goons making fun of that is just...TOO FAR! BETTER SABOTAGE ANY THREAD THAT MAKES FUN OF FAT PEOPLE!!!"

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

I said come in! posted:

http://thatsalotofrice.com/

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Uncle Salty posted:

This lady might make a good point for all I know.

She doesn't.

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib

Drunk Canuck posted:

She doesn't.

Really? Looks to me like she made several points, many of which have been echoed in this thread.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib

Honestly the context of this is what I can't get over. So she texted that to a friend and was so enchanted by her own wittiness that she took a screen shot of it, on her phone, and then posted it online? Is that something people do?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Big City Drinkin posted:

Honestly the context of this is what I can't get over. So she texted that to a friend and was so enchanted by her own wittiness that she took a screen shot of it, on her phone, and then posted it online? Is that something people do?

I dunno seems like someone could have faked it as more damning evidence against this uppity poor.

Who cares? The rest of the internet already forgot about this bozo.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Big City Drinkin posted:

Really? Looks to me like she made several points, many of which have been echoed in this thread.

You mean the ones that stem from her crying to a family friend and getting a 15/hr hostess job? lmfao

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

ProperCoochie posted:

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and was very much in favor of the redistribution of wealth.

She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.

One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the addition of more government welfare programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in school.

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn’t even have time for a boyfriend, and didn’t really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, “How is your friend Audrey doing?” She replied, “Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She’s always invited to all the parties, and lots of times she doesn’t even show up for classes because she’s too hung over.”

Her wise father asked his daughter, “Why don’t you go to the Dean’s office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA.”

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father’s suggestion, angrily fired back, “That wouldn’t be fair! I have worked really hard for my grades! I’ve invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!”

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, “Welcome to the Republican party.”

quoting from the first page because I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

texaholic posted:

quoting from the first page because I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment.

While that quote makes sense on the surface, that's really not what liberals are asking for. There are almost no American corporations, or billionaires paying their taxes, and that is what people are asking for. This quote is suggesting that everyone should have to give up a huge portion of their income to help others out, that is not the case at all, we all already do this, but its a couple dollars each year, as opposed to the thousands from each American that goes towards corporate handouts.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

I said come in! posted:

While that quote makes sense on the surface, that's really not what liberals are asking for. There are almost no American corporations, or billionaires paying their taxes, and that is what people are asking for. This quote is suggesting that everyone should have to give up a huge portion of their income to help others out, that is not the case at all, we all already do this, but its a couple dollars each year, as opposed to the thousands from each American that goes towards corporate handouts.

what?????

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
She's closing in on her GFM goal of $3k.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Drunk Canuck posted:

You mean the ones that stem from her crying to a family friend and getting a 15/hr hostess job? lmfao

Sorry about your poor reading comprehension. The first half she relates her own narrative and how she started out in the same boat, but then makes different choices than the subject in the op by getting over her sense of entitlement, swallowing her pride, leveraging her opportunities in the restaurant/bar industry to make more and more money, and then following her dreams by pursuing a screenwriting career. The second half she specifically critiques the thought process and choices of the dork in the OP.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

NihilismNow posted:

That is way past "slob" and into "alternative lifestyle".

I don't know the real backstory to that picture but it is a great picture to look at and contemplate what kind of person lives there and why.

Yeah probably a human being.

Bipolar Transistor
Feb 21, 2016

I said a flip, flop, the hippie the hippie to the flip flop flop, you dont stop the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat

I said come in! posted:

I'll give your section 8 living, new mercedes owning rear end a few more dollars. Just get on your knees.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Why doesnt she just get another minimum wage job instead of begging for money

Also what kind of a weirdo gives money to someone like this, if youre feeling charitable why not just give to a charity or shove a few dollar bills up your own rear end

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wizchine posted:

Sorry about your poor reading comprehension. The first half she relates her own narrative and how she started out in the same boat, but then makes different choices than the subject in the op by getting over her sense of entitlement, swallowing her pride, leveraging her opportunities in the restaurant/bar industry to make more and more money, and then following her dreams by pursuing a screenwriting career. The second half she specifically critiques the thought process and choices of the dork in the OP.

She lived with her parents while doing all of this though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that article totally reads like it was written by a humble person who has swallowed their pride

• Locked thread