Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thump! posted:

No no no, see, he's just, uh, what's the phrase? Telling it like it is :smug:

Saying the first thing that pops into your head every time? Trump may be on the spectrum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

:smug:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
like what people are actually motivated to campaign and phonebank and doorknock for any of the Republican candidates? do these people actually exist? or is the Republican campaign apparatus comprised entirely of private election corporations (PECs, I'll dub them)

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/702240549256962049

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
The right wing media has a theory that the real Media will destroy trump moment he gets the nom.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

paranoid randroid posted:

if youve talked yourself into believing the guy who quotes urban legends about black jack pershing executing muslims with pig-bullets is the "more progressive" option, you should probably take a break from this thread

:wrong: Trump is still the least objectionable candidate of anyone remaining in this shitshow of a primary

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hang on, ive just been informed by our correspondent with the Bureau of Britischer Retards that finding gleeful recountings of imaginary warcrimes highly suspect is now "some SJW bullshit"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Brannock posted:

:wrong: Trump is still the least objectionable candidate of anyone remaining in this shitshow of a primary

the primary, yes. but thats not saying much at all.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

The Saurus posted:

God drat but do I love reading retarded liberals desperately trying to convince themselves that Trump has no chance against Hillary in the general. Hillary's unfavourables are just as bad you realise?

Where can I read more of this?

My friend, we will DROWN ourselves in this sweet nectar come Nov. 8th.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Bar Crow posted:

Bush did 9/11
Rubio did Benghazi
Cruz is the Zodiac Killer
Carson tried to kill friends and family.

They're the strongest field of GOP candidates in years and they'll kill anyone who says otherwise.

Haha

Kings Of Calabria
Sep 10, 2013

Brannock posted:

Ooooh is :wrong: new?

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

rear end cobra posted:

"The New York Times, or "The Failing New York Times" as I call it"

He really is the master of keeping it simple

Steve Inskeep was interviewing a guy on NPR this morning who was a fund raiser for the Jeb(!) campaign that kept saying how all of the candidates are poo poo and Jeb(!) was the only viable candidate for president. He brought up the fact that he was labeled "low energy" stuck with him from the beginning even though, in his mind, Jeb(!) was in fact high energy.

I still think that "low energy" was, and is, the greatest insult in political history. Trump is so good at this it's scary.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/702174388850810880

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Trump is talking about how he's excited for Rubio to start hitting him and how he'll counterpunch back so hard... just :lol:

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
he hopes it gets nasty

its more fun

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
There's a /pol/ack there up close. So far he got Trump to say "can't stop the Trump" (close enough), yelled "Jeb's a mess!" At a perfect lull, and got admonished for calling Ted a pussy.

The alt-right has entered the mainstream, volks.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

The Saurus posted:

God drat but do I love reading retarded liberals desperately trying to convince themselves that Trump has no chance against Hillary in the general. Hillary's unfavourables are just as bad you realise?

Where can I read more of this?

My favourite is liberals who admit Trump is a way more progressive candidate than Shillary, and this makes them worried that Hillary might not win. The gently caress is wrong with you?

Where are you getting these statistics that Americans hate them equally? Even after decades of mudslinging by the right wing media people still hate the yelling orange slumlord more than Shillary.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

a shameful boehner posted:

like what people are actually motivated to campaign and phonebank and doorknock for any of the Republican candidates? do these people actually exist? or is the Republican campaign apparatus comprised entirely of private election corporations (PECs, I'll dub them)

Evangelical Christians, especially old women. There are other groups that enthusiastically contribute manpower to the GOP, especially Mormons out west, but Evangelicals are the safest bet for your GOP groundgame volunteering needs.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

This election is great

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Fiction posted:

Where are you getting these statistics that Americans hate them equally? Even after decades of mudslinging by the right wing media people still hate the yelling orange slumlord more than Shillary.

Because he is his avatar.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Killer Queen posted:

The Trump gimmick account is good when it's used a few times per week at key hilarious moments. But it gets really old when every page is littered with tedious unfunny posts.

Actually none of the gimmick accounts are cool, good, or funny, HTH.

Joementum posted:

There's even an EMP Caucus in Congress.

Ahahaha, this is great.

Joementum posted:

That's actually the second Nevada-themed background they put up. The first one took a hike on the Appalachian Trail.

https://twitter.com/MeganApper/status/701621480048738304

:golfclap:

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Because he is his avatar.

Vode Drump : DDDDD Debort the Mussulman : DDDDDD

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Oiled and Ready posted:

There's a /pol/ack there up close. So far he got Trump to say "can't stop the Trump" (close enough), yelled "Jeb's a mess!" At a perfect lull, and got admonished for calling Ted a pussy.

The alt-right has entered the mainstream, volks.

"Proof"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Actually none of the gimmick accounts are cool, good, or funny, HTH.

They're all good.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Cnut the Great posted:

They're all good.

my heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
Thank you, Donald Trump.

Thump.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Where is the Rubio picture retweet @realdonaldtrump???

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

Thank you, Donald Trump.

Thump.

Don't go conflating me with that guy's campaign, I had this nickname long before he announced! :mad:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

The Saurus posted:

Or you know, the Midwest where free trade agremeents and illegal immigration has absolutely buttfucked the manufacturing industry there. Let's also remember that Trump is pro-union.

Lmao, Trump is actively fighting the efforts of his hotel employees to unionize as we speak you literal retard.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

the primary, yes. but thats not saying much at all.

I unironically prefer the risk of Trump becoming President over any of our other Republican choices, and I've been saying this since June. I think many people have become kind of inured to the threat that the typical Republican establishment candidate offers. Trump would be objectively less worse, from a leftist perspective, than Kasich or Cruz or Rubio. Bonus if you take in account that the sitting Congress would revolt and refuse to cooperate with him (at least until 2018).

Just for a moment imagine the laws the current Congress would pass or repeal with a cooperative President like Rubio or Kasich, much less someone like Ted Cruz.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

my heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not

So if Trump gets the nomination, are we gonna see Hologram Reagan this time? Last time they allegedly held back because they were worried it would upstage Romney, but with Trump that seems like less of an issue.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

he ate christie i see

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
(seriously, these are worth a read - it was quite an event)

Trump Notes, Sparks, NV, edition:
--On caucusing: "We gotta do it, we gotta do it...like at 5:30 today, you know where you're gonna be, right?"
--On dishonest stuff: "Watch out for dishonest stuff!"
--On Rick Tyler: "I always thought he was a decent guy. He's taking orders from Cruz, folks."
--On the press: "They are the most disgusting...They're probably worse than Cruz - but not much."
--On the New York Times: "A rich guy in Mexico has power over the New York Times. I wonder why they don’t like us." [Carlos Slim is the largest stockholder of the NYT]
--On Jeb Bush: "See, when they're out, they're nice...he ran a brilliant campaign. But he was mean to me."
--On Marco Rubio: "I've been very nice to Rubio, because he hasn't hit me. When he does, you will see what happens."
--On Ted Cruz: "He's like a little baby. Soft, weak, like a baby. But for lying, he's the best I've ever seen!
--On Hillary Clinton: "Hillary doesn't have the strength, she doesn't have the stamina. She does a debate, she goes away. She does a rally, she goes away."
--On Kobe beef: "an ingenious trick to sell rotten meat for ten times the price."
--On Presbyterians: "There aren't too many left. Where are my Presbyterians?"
--On Guantanamo Bay: "We're gonna keep Gitmo open, and trust me, we're gonna load it up with some bad dudes. Load it up!"
--On the devotion of his supporters: "68% would not leave under any circumstance. I think that means murder, I think it means anything, OK?"
--On expectations: "By the way, I think I'm going to win the Hispanic vote."
--On reading habits: "Nobody reads the Bible more than me."
--On what Muslims say to him: "Donald, you've done us all a big favor!"
--On his health: "I feel young. I feel better than ever! My doctor wrote a very strong note. Some people say he went a little overboard."
--On Jeb Bush: "I did call him to wish him the best. He didn't take my call. That's not nice!"
--On Lindsay Graham: "That clown."
--Someone shouts out "pussy" when Ted Cruz is mentioned. Trump refuses to repeat the word and criticizes the guy who shouted it.
--On Marco Rubio: "I haven't hit Rubio because hasn't hit me. He's probably the smart one. Marco Rubio is a nice young man. I hope he does get nasty."
--On what you may choose to accept: "We have a mission, it's so important. You have to go out. You have to go caucus."

Sometimes Trump gives speeches where he almost entirely ignores the other candidates and focuses on jobs/business/the wall. This was not one of those speeches.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Did Trump seriously slam Kobe beef? :wtc:

This has serious implications.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
:siren: apple iphone user spotted :siren: take him away for immediate execution

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Brannock posted:

I unironically prefer the risk of Trump becoming President over any of our other Republican choices, and I've been saying this since June. I think many people have become kind of inured to the threat that the typical Republican establishment candidate offers. Trump would be objectively less worse, from a leftist perspective, than Kasich or Cruz or Rubio. Bonus if you take in account that the sitting Congress would revolt and refuse to cooperate with him (at least until 2018).

Just for a moment imagine the laws the current Congress would pass or repeal with a cooperative President like Rubio or Kasich, much less someone like Ted Cruz.

im not arguing against any of this. what im arguing against is the saurus's febrile little imagination dreaming up a secret progressive trump

and yeah i prefer not to think too hard about the words "President Ted Cruz" because it makes me feel like i tried to climb a step that isnt there

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

im not arguing against any of this. what im arguing against is the saurus's febrile little imagination dreaming up a secret progressive trump

and yeah i prefer not to think too hard about the words "President Ted Cruz" because it makes me feel like i tried to climb a step that isnt there

Oh whoops I missed the context of your post :shobon: Sorry!

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Logikv9 posted:

:siren: apple iphone user spotted :siren: take him away for immediate execution

MacBook Pro, baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Cruz getting the nom doesn't disturb me because he has the charisma of Nixon and much less political acumen. For all people like to think that Trump would get destroyed in the general, Cruz could very well be a Reagan-level bloodbath in the general.

• Locked thread