Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jewel Repetition posted:

It's not in the FEC's jurisdiction, or the police's. It's like saying "if someone is cheating at the LAN party tonight, call the police."

Would it be the Nevada Republican party's jurisdiction then, aka Michelle Fiore gets to decide? I'm not sure if that would be the more entertaining option, or it turning out that there are no enforcers after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Epic High Five posted:

Would it be the Nevada Republican party's jurisdiction then, aka Michelle Fiore gets to decide? I'm not sure if that would be the more entertaining option, or it turning out that there are no enforcers after all

Correct. The caucus is run by the state party.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
All I want to know is how Trump is going to make everybody say Merry Christmas?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Venom Snake posted:

None of the people currently up for the nomination could hack it in the general.....Trump is figuratively Hitler.

Be fair now, Hitler won. Very misleading.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Also jesus christ stop bitching about the gimmick accounts and just put them on ignore if you don't like them, that's why it exists.

Your bitching is more annoying and less funny than they are

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
I think I'm going to caucus tonight here in Las Vegas for Trump. Might even go to the viewing party too.

I hope you can just drop off something in a ballot box and not hang around for hours, but I'm not so familiar with caucuses so we'll see.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

That drop in the end for trump is clearly winnowing in action.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Mr. BT posted:

I hope you can just drop off something in a ballot box and not hang around for hours

Trump said it's so

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Joementum posted:

Correct. The caucus is run by the state party.

Oh my god I want a controversy so bad now so I can see Fiore roll up in her trailer full of uzi's and bazookas to just declare Cruz the winner without looking at any evidence or anything.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Mr. BT posted:

I think I'm going to caucus tonight here in Las Vegas for Trump. Might even go to the viewing party too.

I hope you can just drop off something in a ballot box and not hang around for hours, but I'm not so familiar with caucuses so we'll see.

NV GOP Caucus allows you to vote-and-go, not like the Dem ones where you have to sit around and get herded into corners and interact with other Democrats

Cracked_Gear
Nov 4, 2013

Jewel Repetition posted:

Every time someone photoshops a beard onto Trump he looks great.

Jesus all this pic needs is a sea captains hat

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 18, 2016

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

This is a pretty good article about how Trump is a giant fraud:

https://twitter.com/mikiebarb/status/702180471967498241

Pretty classic that he's quoted throughout.

Of course this won't matter.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
It's possible republican primary voters are different from the general public

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

The Saurus posted:

Also jesus christ stop bitching about the gimmick accounts and just put them on ignore if you don't like them, that's why it exists.

"To ignore... this is the coward's way" - The Top Bunk Wanker

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

Rocks posted:

dishing up some hard-hitting dirt like:

-one of his properties is a parking garage
-he's not that involved in NY politics
-goldman sachs doesn't donate to him

could this be what finally stumps the trump?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

None of his rivals will hit him on his real weaknesses in the primary because to do so would hurt them just as much. Cruz isn't going to hand the nomination to Rubio by tearing into Trump for his business record. "Attacks" on Trump so far have taken one of two forms:
1) He says mean things. This is exactly why Republican primary voters like him. Attacking him on this is worse than useless. It reinforces his base.
2) He's no True Conservative. Neither are his supporters, and neither is nearly enough of the country. True Conservatives have always been a tiny minority within a minority. Tea Partiers aren't just the Club for Growth but poorer; they're authoritarians who are deep into nationalist identity politics.

These attacks are stupid attacks and they were never going to work. No Republican is going to call him a vulture capitalist, and no Republican has the dynamism to take the fight directly to him and call him a fake, a fraud, an out-of-touch plutocrat etc.

He is a fraud. And you can expect to hear a lot more about this during the general.

edit: He literally part-owns a building on Wall Street. I would love to see him to try to hit Hillary on her Wall Street connections in the general. I don't think it would turn out the way he wants. All the media that are eating up his shenanigans right now will turn on him. You heard him negotiating for softball questions? That'll end the day of the RNC.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

"To ignore... this is the coward's way" - The Top Bunk Wanker

Yeah, I generally don't ignore people on anything. Any action bad enough (hardcore spamming, shock images) to make me consider it usually gets them banned/suspended immediately anyway.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
That article reminded me that the authors of Game Change took a ride on the Trump zamboni.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Rocks posted:

It might matter. This could be used as evidence that Trump is not beholden to the Wall Street banks like Hillary so obviously is. I was always expecting Trump to try to use that angle if he could.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

None of his rivals will hit him on his real weaknesses in the primary because to do so would hurt them just as much. Cruz isn't going to hand the nomination to Rubio by tearing into Trump for his business record. "Attacks" on Trump so far have taken one of two forms:
1) He says mean things. This is exactly why Republican primary voters like him. Attacking him on this is worse than useless. It reinforces his base.
2) He's no True Conservative. Neither are his supporters, and neither is nearly enough of the country. True Conservatives have always been a tiny minority within a minority. Tea Partiers aren't just the Club for Growth but poorer; they're authoritarians who are deep into nationalist identity politics.

These attacks are stupid attacks and they were never going to work. No Republican is going to call him a vulture capitalist, and no Republican has the dynamism to take the fight directly to him and call him a fake, a fraud, an out-of-touch plutocrat etc.

He is a fraud. And you can expect to hear a lot more about this during the general.

edit: He literally part-owns a building on Wall Street. I would love to see him to try to hit Hillary on her Wall Street connections in the general. I don't think it would turn out the way he wants. All the media that are eating up his shenanigans right now will turn on him. You heard him negotiating for softball questions? That'll end the day of the RNC.

Let's roleplay. What do you think a good attack on Trump might be?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

The Kingfish posted:

is there any answer you will accept which you wont handwave away with "nope sorry hes magical, you see"

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Counterpoint: People already know this but don't care since "they are all fraud's but at least he's honest!"

E: Being from Toronto I've seen all of this play out, on a much smaller scale, with Rob Ford. Ford fans and Trump fans are the same kind of people.

And after one term of Ford we replaced him with the JEB! of Canadian politics... That's where all this is heading.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

The Kingfish posted:

He's so good at business that if he turns his attention to anything else, the economy will crumble.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I'm really interested in who Trump picks to be VP, especially because they're going to end up president after he gets bored halfway through his first term and just up and quits

The Saurus posted:

well I guess we know who's running the Trump account

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Joementum posted:

That article reminded me that the authors of Game Change took a ride on the Trump zamboni.

Somehow, with Mark&John, that's not surprising.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

The Kingfish posted:

I still think attacking a single aspect of his physical appearance repeatedly and publicly will cause him to meltdown

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Joementum posted:

He's so good at business that if he turns his attention to anything else, the economy will crumble.

Lol

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I'm really interested in who Trump picks to be VP, especially because they're going to end up president after he gets bored halfway through his first term and just up and quits

I hope it's Sarah Palin. They really bring out the best in each other.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

I still think attacking a single aspect of his physical appearance repeatedly and publicly will cause him to meltdown

The fingers.

Go after the fingers!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

There are no good attacks on Trump from the Republicans because he's everything they've trained people to want for years.

It's easy to attack Trump from the Democratic side because he's explicitly saying the things Democrats have been accusing Republicans of saying in code for years.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/donald-j-trump-in-fort-worth-tx-tickets-22060100354

Trump in Texas on the 26th. He's not going to let Cruz take Texas AT ALL.

Honestly if he wins Texas the whole thing is over.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

I'm really interested in who Trump picks to be VP, especially because they're going to end up president after he gets bored halfway through his first term and just up and quit

Brady is getting close to retirement

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

CubsWoo posted:

Brady is getting close to retirement

Please don't turn MA into a swing state where my vote would actually matter

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Hasn't he built up an immunity to that?

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

The Kingfish posted:

Jeb's clownshow ad or something like it will play a lot better in the general than in the primaries. The narrative should be that Trump is a lightweight with absolutely no idea of what he's talking about who is selling bullshit promises. It has the added virtue of being true!

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Trump should literally bring a printout of that Marco in Libya photo to the debate. Then if he's having a bad time, he can bring it out of his pocket and just destroy Rubio forever.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Rubio having to turn his flex campaign into the real thing at the last moment is like in Phantom of the Opera when Christine has to fill in for the star because a disfigured creep scared everyone else away, except instead of knocking folks dead with Think of Me he's out there doing Lime in the Coconut awkwardly for a whole half hour

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Rocks posted:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/donald-j-trump-in-fort-worth-tx-tickets-22060100354

Trump in Texas on the 26th. He's not going to let Cruz take Texas AT ALL.

Honestly if he wins Texas the whole thing is over.

To play devil's advocate, taking Texas could be bad for him since it would mean Cruz drops out sooner and Rubio gets that sweet consolidation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

CubsWoo posted:

NV GOP Caucus allows you to vote-and-go, not like the Dem ones where you have to sit around and get herded into corners and interact with other Democrats

So basically a primary but the polls open really late and there might be a speech?

• Locked thread