Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Spotted this today:

Where's Hitler? Dude was a monster, but he was great at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Spotted this today:

Where's Hitler?

Edit:doh!

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Krinkle posted:

Just replace all those anachronisms with hitler and bing bang boom, all fixed.

Nice to see you think Hitler was the greatest :hitler:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Floppy, droopy, drooly dog mouths/lips/faces are disgusting. Breed that poo poo out of them. Ew.

They are cute as hell, as long as they don't drool.

Keep them loving stoned so they have dry mouth all the time.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

ma boi M C Gandhi with the revolutionary beats

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ooooooooh, I get it. It's blackface! That makes so much more sense now!! I guess no one was ever really in danger of suffocation. Boy do I look dumb!

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Birb Katter posted:

Nice to see you think Hitler was the greatest :hitler:

I disagree with this man. He's a real crumb bum, in my humble opinion. But he was just great at being vegetarian.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Krinkle posted:

I disagree with this man. He's a real crumb bum, in my humble opinion. But he was just great at being vegetarian.

he was responsible for a lot of charred meat tho, I dont think he was that good

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

My mind also immediately went to Hitler and I was quite disappointed to see that wasn't what made the poster funny. op I think you should paste a picture of Hitler over Paul McCartney.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Krinkle posted:

He really wasn't though, that was just a Goebbels propaganda thing to brag about Hitlers purity.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice
The Dutch have a holiday called Sinterklaas where people dress up as Zwarte Piet. He looks like this:

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Thank you. McCartney was the worst Beatle.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Steve Holt! posted:

The Dutch have a holiday called Sinterklaas where people dress up as Zwarte Piet. He looks like this:

Does this get a pass for being cultural or something?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Birb Katter posted:

He really wasn't though, that was just a Goebbels propaganda thing to brag about Hitlers purity.

I always thought him going up to anyone eating chicken soup and saying "huh, nice corpse tea :smug:" was apocryphal but you don't really question hitler is a jerk stories so I left it unexamined.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

RFC2324 posted:

Does this get a pass for being cultural or something?

Here, have a little guide to when blackface is OK.

https://twitter.com/macleanbrendan/status/701545996048687104

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Steve Holt! posted:

six to eight black men

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Spotted this today:

Which century had all these people in it?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

If you're going to portray a person who is black then you will have to color your face black and I don't know why this angers people

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mar 2, 2005

OPTIC BLAST!
Guys, blackface isn't okay anywhere. Under any circumstances.
Why? Because of racial tensions in the United States that have their roots in slavery.

So, blackface by Asian people in Australia who are cosplaying? No. Because the USA.
So, blackface by aliens on Mars? Nope never. Because the USA.
Blackerface by a person who is merely brown!? Definitely racist.

If "objectively evil" means anything ever, it's here.
It's blackface.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

yeah guys, you heard him, blackface isn't racist because USA!

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

061469 posted:

Why? Because of racial tensions in the United States that have their roots in slavery.

So, blackface by Asian people in Australia who are cosplaying? No. Because the USA.

It's blackface.

So are you going to post pics of yourself in blackface or do I have to imagine

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Christo posted:

Seems a competent graphic designer would know how facebook crops images and center the logo accordingly so that it wont read "Asswork".

Or someone would look at the preview image the FB ad tool makes you see before buying the ad.

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum

061469 posted:

It's blackface.

man, this guy really likes blackface!

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

lol its a pretty ballsy move to argue that blackface is the more socially enlightened route

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

061469 posted:

It's blackface.

Yes slavery only existed in America and nowhere else. It was just us. You did it, you cracked the code. Good job, you.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Yes slavery only existed in America and nowhere else. It was just us. You did it, you cracked the code. Good job, you.

Source your quotes.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

061469 posted:

It's blackface.

You're stupid as poo poo and you should feel miserable that this is a thing you posted

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

061469 posted:

It's blackface.

European blackface is cheeky and fun, American blackface is cruel and tragic

kinda weird that European not-racist and American racist blackface looks the same, with pitch black skin and bright red lips... almost like some kind of caricature

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My favorite posts on SA are the ones where the conversation incidentally hits on someone's bad opinions and they feel the need to TAKE A STAND by popping up out of nowhere and making GBS threads out a hugeass rage essay

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I've seen goons make their heroic last stands on all kinds of incredibly stupid hills, but this is truly a day to remember: the day when the great forums poster 061469 earnestly and emphatically defended blackface. :geert:

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Tetracube posted:

My favorite posts on SA are the ones where the conversation incidentally hits on someone's bad opinions and they feel the need to TAKE A STAND by popping up out of nowhere and making GBS threads out a hugeass rage essay

now see you've got it all wrong

Europeans can't take a stand anymore. why? because USA!
Trying to defend your honor? Nope. USA.
Pointing out the real truth in the world? You can't. The USA thinks they're the kings of the universe.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

061469 posted:

It's blackface.

So, out of curiosity: What about yellowface? Because I can say pretty firmly that yellowface being considered offensive ain't an exclusively American thing.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
What about orange face? The populace of New Jersey would like an answer.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

What about orange face? The populace of New Jersey would like an answer.

Jersey has a rich cultural history that includes heavy spray tanning and getting blotto as gently caress on jaeger bombs, and we'll thank you not to sully it with your cultural misappropriations

Mar 2, 2005

OPTIC BLAST!

ImpAtom posted:

So, out of curiosity: What about yellowface? Because I can say pretty firmly that yellowface being considered offensive ain't an exclusively American thing.

Despite the story that's building, I actually don't have any interest in defending things that are deliberately designed to be insensitive and I have no time for racist ideas. What I've (poorly) attempted to point out is that different cultural contexts provide a range of ways that people should view certain behaviors.

"Black Pete" isn't some sort of cultural gem that absolutely needs to be protected, but it's really not the same as some of the intentionally inflammatory and blatantly racist examples I've seen of blackface in modern American contexts.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

061469 posted:

It's blackface.

How about whiteface? Yea or nay?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

You may not have invented it, but you really did your best to perfect it.

• Locked thread