Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Evil Fluffy posted:

The lack of a music transition was disappointing but I guess it's not something they'd do for a regular boss fight.

Cutting straight to the normal boss theme is what FF4 did though, so I think it fits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Khisanth Magus posted:

I probably could have gotten a good amount of the gear from quests, if I had wanted to do the quests to get it. Which I really didn't. I wanted to continue with the story, not do a bunch of "go here, kill x monsters" quests.

Whether you like them or not, the regular quests are there to flesh out the zones stories or supplement the main story quests. Skipping them for that reason is p dumb.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dubious posted:

holy poo poo Sephirot phase 2

when did powerman 5000 come back to life

Soken can make anything happen

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Finally tanked Pharos hard only to get booted from the game and into a login queue upon exiting. I hope I got credit for it.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Verranicus posted:

Whether you like them or not, the regular quests are there to flesh out the zones stories or supplement the main story quests. Skipping them for that reason is p dumb.

I don't think that going and killing stuff for some floating orbs was going to do much for stories. Pretty much every single one was "Something has gone wrong due to thousands of years of neglect, go fix it." With the exception of the couple that were training routines to kill things, or (broken) top score games to kill x monsters.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Going off this apparent 500 person queue to connect I guess excalibur is just imploding on itself

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It's my fault, I was a good boy and waited until after work to log in and god is punishing me for my good behavior by crashing excalibur.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Leal posted:

Going off this apparent 500 person queue to connect I guess excalibur is just imploding on itself
Yeah, it just kicked me and a friend. Big old hiccups.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Hyperion's dying as well, I think it's the whole primal data centre.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I'm hyped just from the music, sadly I have social functions to attend tonight, not that I'm quite ready for A5 I don't think.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This is what happens when you only have 10 hours maintenance for a 1.5gig patch instead of 24!

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
This world is full, 975 in queue. Holy moley! :supaburn: Goodnight, sweet servers.

Seppy was a hella fun fight. :allears:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Equilibrium is the real victim in the tank nerf.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
The game was working fine.

Then I teleported to idyllshire and got disconnected and now it's just dead.

Do not teleport there I guess.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Exodus is also on fire.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

"Idylshire has exceeded it's maximum capacity of farting turtles."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's still 200 TP. I don't get it.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Yeah, was able to connect to Excalibur about 15 minutes ago. Tried to enter a duty, and it started giving me errors. I tried to leave the guild house, and it froze up before kicking me out. Now I try to connect, get a huge queue, and still eventually disconnect.

Seems like we are going to have issues tonight. I need my fix man!

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Truga posted:

The game was working fine.

Then I teleported to idyllshire and got disconnected and now it's just dead.

Do not teleport there I guess.

The me five minutes ago gives you lots of thanks.

The me sitting at 1,099 in queue hopes you're the 100 behind me.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah, I had it crit for less than it used to heal for regularly. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to pick a new favorite class and role, because WAR being ridiculous was the only reason I still enjoyed tanking.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The fools. They should have built it with 2001 hulls!

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Primal is on fire. Exodus wonky too.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
Apparently there is a bug where if too many people queue for duties the data center explodes.

So just don't queue for anything or change zones and you should be fine.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Fister Roboto posted:

It's still 200 TP. I don't get it.

Its taken a bad nerf due to the loss in 200ish attack power. It used to heal 5-7k regular and around 9-14k for crits. Now it does around 3k for normal. It's less heal than thrill of the battle. It's basically second wind on my dragoon now.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Xenoveritas posted:

Apparently there is a bug where if too many people queue for duties the data center explodes.

So just don't queue for anything or change zones and you should be fine.

I was disconnected in thornmarch... I may be screwed lol.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
How does PLD stand compared to the other two tanks after the patch?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hivac posted:

Still behind on AOE damage, single target damage is only slightly below other tanks now, but that's more because other tanks were nerfed.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Any word yet on how to get a Zu mount?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Most importantly, I got my orchestrion in place before everything went to hell. Now to start hunting music.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hivac posted:

About 30 dps behind my warrior in single target full DPS mode so about where they wanted it.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
More PLD stuff, been faffing around most of the day -

+ Enmity generation at 60 is off the chain.
+ This makes it even easier to keep up GB (especially on multiple targets). If it wasn't for the STR debuff, there'd be almost no reason to use RoH once you unlock RA.
+ The Enmity buff specific to Savage Blade is a nice bump for new GLDs.
+ Pretty hard to run out of TP now (not impossible).
+ Used Clemency a lot more than in the past. The reduced cast time is what I've most wanted since 2.0.
+ Divine Veil isn't ridiculously good now, but at least it's less awkward.

- Parses have already been posted, but yeah, the damage nerf to STR is significant enough to notice.
- The drop in Clemency numbers w/o STR gear is noticeable as well, and in the same -20% ballpark.

On another note, adding to the ring you get from the Novice stuff - it's a nearly full set of gear equivalent to the Plundered sets, and you get beaten over the head with recommendations to go thru it on the way to unlocking Sastasha. You even get taken to a Smith NPC.

Jury's still out on Mentor, but the Novice stuff is quite good and should help new players a lot.

isk fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 24, 2016

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Guess it's all on fire and I should probably give up trying to log in until they fix it?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

Guess it's all on fire and I should probably give up trying to log in until they fix it?

Probably. Queue on Excalibur has been steadily rising, and is around 1300 now.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

isk posted:

Probably. Queue on Excalibur has been steadily rising, and is around 1300 now.

I made it through twice just to get booted both times when my turn came up. :saddowns:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Niton posted:

Not the exact same as release, but the version we had going into 3.2 - one of each item, and one more of one of the three.

vv just a typo, you get A/B/C, and then one of A, B or C

Thank god. The grind will be not as horrible then.

Axle_Stukov posted:

Cutting straight to the normal boss theme is what FF4 did though, so I think it fits.

Lack of a transition to the FF4 theme, I should say.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Just got a server-wide message that emergency maintenance is happening in half an hour. Welp, time to go make some soup.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 24, 2016

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

isk posted:

On another note, adding to the ring you get from the Novice stuff - it's a nearly full set of gear equivalent to the Plundered sets, and you get beaten over the head with recommendations to go thru it on the way to unlocking Sastasha. You even get taken to a Smith NPC.

Jury's still out on Mentor, but the Novice stuff is quite good and should help new players a lot.

Mentor is a hot mess right now on pretty much every server. Since the game auto dumps mentors into the Novice channel until it reaches the 100 mentor capacity and there's no way to leave without logging out or being kicked the thing is full of people who are either too busy to do mentoring or just flat out not present (I got in the channel once as a mentor and a good quarter of the people on the mentor side were listed AFK on Excal).

edit: And from what I understand on some smaller pop servers people are just using it as an equivalent to Global chat from other games

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I just finished Antitower ~20 minutes ago with Shirin from PBC and it was a great time. Thanks for tagging along with me, Shirin!

But right after the dungeon ended, I got kicked out of the game by the lobby server, so now I'm in an infinite queue along with everyone else. Made it to the front and was immediately kicked off the game again by error 90002. Ugh. :(

I'm sure this won't be solved without a maintenance, but Antitower was a lot of fun. I think the only way they could have made it better would be to pop in the Final Fantasy IV Boss Theme after Phase 2 begins. The Heavensward boss music is good, but I've just heard it so often now that it would be nice to have something different. Antitower's music was wonderful though. :allears:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

Mentor is a hot mess right now on pretty much every server. Since the game auto dumps mentors into the Novice channel until it reaches the 100 mentor capacity and there's no way to leave without logging out or being kicked the thing is full of people who are either too busy to do mentoring or just flat out not present (I got in the channel once as a mentor and a good quarter of the people on the mentor side were listed AFK on Excal).

Yep! Got in on an alt to test it a bit. Most were friendly and willing to answer basic/intermediate questions, but the accuracy of information began to break down when advanced topics were broached. That's whatever, likely corrected by the community over time.

The system isn't a bad concept, but in hindsight, deployment would've been better timed in between major patches (though that's a different challenge in of itself).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

:ohdear:

• Locked thread