Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't vote on the poll I guess I should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Weedgoku should be our picture

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I only poll for trump

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Third World Reggin posted:

I only poll for trump

That's funny I could've sworn you voted "i'm gay" six times.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Weedtrump

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009
I'm still fairly torn on what class I want to play but berserker is definitely one of the 3 I'm trying to decide between because it's rad.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Eonwe posted:

Weedtrump

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
:rip: people without 4k monitors.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
fishing guide
https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/478i1g/1_ranked_fishers_fishing_guide_and_how_to_make/

google docs guide thats long as gently caress
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E/preview

random video guides
https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/477vyt/fist_of_the_empire_guides_for_bdo/

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Wow, racist.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

my animal totem, how did you know

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhFtoRvZuYU

Jackard fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Feb 24, 2016

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002

The Quake posted:

I created a strawpoll to see what everyone's main class is going to be because I'm interested

http://www.strawpoll.me/6903210

Well gently caress looks like I need to re-evaluate my wizard decision.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

Strategy posted:

Well gently caress looks like I need to re-evaluate my wizard decision.

Yeah I was leaning towards witch but there's so many. Whatever I'll just be another one of many, I had too much fun with witch in the beta.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Most people are gonna be wizards and witches because they can aoe farm mobs like nobody's business. I'm sticking with tamer, even if it gets nerfed or whatever in the future. I'm a sucker for pet classes, and it's fun even without the pet.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Tamer's awakening looks really cool, but I ended up liking Valkyrie better.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

kojicolnair posted:

Yeah I was leaning towards witch but there's so many. Whatever I'll just be another one of many, I had too much fun with witch in the beta.

That and playing any of the melee and super combo classes with high latency is pretty terrible whereas with a witch/wizard it's pretty playable/fun with my 200ms.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y6MkK8ISq8

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Wizard and Witch should have been on the same line, they are the same class just different gender. This puts them at 18, which is twice the next highest.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

How is the pretty princessing in this game

Like I understand the character creator is pretty bonkers but after that what are we looking at? Cosmetic slots, transmogrifying, dyes, what? Or is it like Blade and Soul where you just have a bunch of retarded looking single-piece outfits sets you can't even change the colors of and some dumb hats?

k did some reading in the thread, I guess I skipped too far back when I was looking for answers in the first time. Their approach to dyes is seriously making me reconsider buying their game. I am extremely petty.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 24, 2016

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

So uhhh reading the mega guide I stumbled on this:

This poo poo is priority 1 right?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Fat and Useless posted:

Can we block entire towns off with elephants? I'm thinking we need to try.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

Fat and Useless posted:

I don't think elephants are in at release.
At least on the map they show elephant taming as happening in Valencia.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

But how will we get an army of pink elephants then? I NEED instant gratification, I can't wait for this poo poo to get pooped out from Korea...

All joy in my life has been shattered.

I was going to take it on walks! Maybe boat rides!

gently caress!

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Fat and Useless posted:

But how will we get an army of pink elephants then? I NEED instant gratification, I can't wait for this poo poo to get pooped out from Korea...

All joy in my life has been shattered.

I was going to take it on walks! Maybe boat rides!

gently caress!

I will breed elephants with you. We will create a breed never before seen or maybe seen before but still pretty cool like Albino.

Kungen losing his poo poo over WoW again...

hobocrunch fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Feb 24, 2016

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

How is the pretty princessing in this game

Like I understand the character creator is pretty bonkers but after that what are we looking at? Cosmetic slots, transmogrifying, dyes, what? Or is it like Blade and Soul where you just have a bunch of retarded looking single-piece outfits sets you can't even change the colors of and some dumb hats?

k did some reading in the thread, I guess I skipped too far back when I was looking for answers in the first time. Their approach to dyes is seriously making me reconsider buying their game. I am extremely petty.

If they just opened up the dye system so it works without subbing to it and let you put any piece of armour into the cosmetic slot it would be one of the premier pretty princess games out there because of how much you can do in the creator and how much stuff you can dye. At the moment, the dye system is fairly grim.

I heard someone count 110 different shades of purple, with different metallic and leather tones so you could make something that wouldn't normally be leather look like leather. That should make me excited, but at the moment it's just proof the dye system was built for the sub they added to it in the other localizations.

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Grondoth posted:

If they just opened up the dye system so it works without subbing to it and let you put any piece of armour into the cosmetic slot it would be one of the premier pretty princess games out there because of how much you can do in the creator and how much stuff you can dye. At the moment, the dye system is fairly grim.

I heard someone count 110 different shades of purple, with different metallic and leather tones so you could make something that wouldn't normally be leather look like leather. That should make me excited, but at the moment it's just proof the dye system was built for the sub they added to it in the other localizations.

Has there been any word of this even coming over here? I haven't seen any mention of it.

Edit: The dye sub I mean.

exser fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 24, 2016

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote
Does anyone know if the angel wing costumes will be in at launch? Or approximately which big content update they get added? This is important information that I need to know so i can pick between a berserker or valk for launch.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

exser posted:

Has there been any word of this even coming over here? I haven't seen any mention of it.

Edit: The dye sub I mean.

I donno, but I'd rather they change the dye system to be Guild Wars instead of making us pay a dye sub. That takes away the fun of discovering dyes and just opens it up so you get 'em all at once and can use them whenever, but since the dyes you get otherwise are almost all through the cash shop, random, and one time use it's clearly designed for you to go "this is unusable unless I pay a sub."

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Fat and Useless posted:

Genghis Goons.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Fat and Useless posted:

i'm so hard right now

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Looks like we've got a music video to make.
https://t.co/BRLjzCRCel

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ohsosad posted:

I don't think elephants are in at release.
At least on the map they show elephant taming as happening in Valencia.
Indeed, elephants were introduced to the game with Valencia part I update.

KillTrash
Dec 6, 2007

Game Fiend
I haven't really played a MMO for reals for sometime now. I was pleasantly surprised with CBT2 (got a free key) and I think I like all the crazy complicated systems this game offers. The whole thing about managing Nodes, Property and Workers made me feel like playing some lite 4x Strategy game and I loved that. Oh, and the game looks really sweet as well.

I ended up upgrading to the $100 package mostly because I can't wait to play it. Ready to poopsock with my Valkyrie on headstart.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

DirtyFalcon posted:

Looks like we've got a music video to make.
https://t.co/BRLjzCRCel

Is the video crew from Wushu playing this? Because they made some fantastic videos for those contests.

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl1s69I6l8k

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
They really need to list server names so we can pick one to roll on and avoid the usual chaos of whose on first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Syndlig posted:

Is the video crew from Wushu playing this? Because they made some fantastic videos for those contests.
Well, I played the Shaolin in Hanxiang Fiasco.