Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not really that Jay is Zoom. What people were predicting is that the Jay currently lying on the floor was the same person as Zoom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There are three Jays.

Zoom is J Jonah Jameson.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Aphrodite posted:

It's not really that Jay is Zoom. What people were predicting is that the Jay currently lying on the floor was the same person as Zoom.

I was kind of suspecting he was a doppleganger or clone or copy or otherwise faking it. Or Zoom was a weird-rear end offshoot of that Jay, like a Speedforce entity that split off of him due to a side-effect of the Velocity 6 doping. Would fulfill the idea of Jay losing his speed to Zoom while not being entirely honest about the how and result. But then the guy in the mask seems like Jay also. And was in one of the speedster-proof jail cells. So poo poo is all sorts of weird now.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
So is someone going to do a comic about the episode using screenshots like was posted last week? If they're going to, I think I might just hold off on seeing the episode until that's posted because it sounds like it might honestly be better and even if it isn't then it'll just be a fun experiment in how much it can spoil my expectations (in tandem with having read the thread because I'm not even bothered by episode spoilers for the show at this point).

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

tsob posted:

So is someone going to do a comic about the episode using screenshots like was posted last week? If they're going to, I think I might just hold off on seeing the episode until that's posted because it sounds like it might honestly be better and even if it isn't then it'll just be a fun experiment in how much it can spoil my expectations (in tandem with having read the thread because I'm not even bothered by episode spoilers for the show at this point).

quote:

- Wells tells Cisco and Barry not to talk about Earth 2

- Cisco and Barry have lots of angst

- Sharkman escapes from an ARGUS prison

- Cisco is really weird about Caitlin because he thinks she might turn into Killer Frost

- Barry is really weird about the Wests because he saw them die/marry him

- Wally has an inferiority complex because Barry is so awesome

- Cisco finally tells the truth

- Barry finally tells the truth

- They beat Sharkman

- Joe tells Wally to chill the gently caress out

- It turns out Zoom looks just like Jay

That's about it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I uh... :psyboom:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Zoom is Jericho, who jumped into a shapeshifted guy who was shapeshifted into Jay, and then jumped into Jay, becoming Zoom. Leaving Jay in the shapeshifted guy but he doesn't know how to use that power, Jericho in Jays body as Zoom, and the masked guy is the person Jericho was previously possessing, Hunter Zolomon of course.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

King Shark looked great. Also did nothing wrong but Barry is a heartless man who will crush all his opponents.

Caitlyn loving with Cisco was hilarious. Cisco has the best reactions.

The crisis of infinite Zooms! :zoomed:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

King Shark looked great. Also did nothing wrong but Barry is a heartless man who will crush all his opponents.

He did eat those Argus agents and destroyed the West living room.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

howe_sam posted:

He did eat those Argus agents and destroyed the West living room.

Those agents were already about to get fired anyway :colbert:

Also how much loving longer is Barry gonna go without telling Wally "hey man I'm the Flash."

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
So there are three Jays.

The Jay in the helmet (allegedly), the Jay we know about and now Zoom!Jay. Guessing we're going to be heading straight into "Jay and Hunter are twins" territory.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I'm figuring that Flash!Jay, Iron Mask, and Zoom are all aspects of some sort of Velocity 6 and/or Particle Accelerator-related "split".

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm figuring that Flash!Jay, Iron Mask, and Zoom are all aspects of some sort of Velocity 6 and/or Particle Accelerator-related "split".

I'm thinking that he might be the real Hunter Zolomon. I keep thinking that the guy that Jay showed Caitlin in the park was a speed mirage but that would mean that Jay was in on it. I just don't know. I'm already enjoying this season but I just can't figure out how they're going to pull this off just yet. I'm excited to see.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I have really no idea how they will resolve this It's really confusing, like Clone Saga level confusing.

Also, the guards calling King Shark Bruce is the best Jaws reference.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
That Zoom reveal was obvious it hurt to watch

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just wanted to pop in and say Good Guess, every single poster in the thread : ]

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Oh, one more thing: Caitlin loving with Cisco was amazing and should happen more often.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

According to EP Andrew Kreisberg Zoom is most definitely "our" Jay Garrick and that yes, he's been playing them this entire time by lying about everything.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Jesus Xhrist, aside from the cool looking King Shark and Caitlyn being amusing and like one or two other things, this was poo poo.

This Drama is TERRIBLE. At least Barry knows he's an idiot, but fat lot of good that'll do.

I guess at least Barry mentioned he was concerned about Earth-2 being back in the clutches of Zoom. Everything else here is goddamned dumb.

DUMB.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh my gods they did it. They actually did it. They had Jay in a mask watching Jay as Zoom drop off Jay's dead body.

You glorious bastards. :allears:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

God I hate Barry at this point. He's just an rear end in a top hat. I think I'm pretty much done with this show until it has crossovers.

The fact that they actually loving did it and made Jay be Zoom is just the straw that broke the camel's back.

X-O fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Feb 24, 2016

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Barry: "Felicity you used to call me on my cell phone :qq:"

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Drifter posted:

Jesus Xhrist, aside from the cool looking King Shark and Caitlyn being amusing and like one or two other things, this was poo poo.

This Drama is TERRIBLE. At least Barry knows he's an idiot, but fat lot of good that'll do.

I guess at least Barry mentioned he was concerned about Earth-2 being back in the clutches of Zoom. Everything else here is goddamned dumb.

DUMB.

Eh, everything with Wally was realistic and was resolved fairly quickly. Wells telling them not to tell the others about Earth-2 was kind of dumb but he was literally echoing what people ITT were saying and that lasted less than an episode anyway.

You also got to see Barry act heroically, not really struggle with the bad guy, and give a big optimistic speech at the end.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
What happened with Felicity in Arrow that they referenced? DId she get pregnant and her baby died?

Oh goddamn that Zooom reveal is just goddamn stupid. Goddamn.

Goddamnit.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Have we talked about great Cisco's shirts are lately? Because I need that goddamn Bowserzilla shirt.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Drifter posted:

What happened with Felicity in Arrow that they referenced? DId she get pregnant and her baby died?

She got shot in the spine and was/is paralyzed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Drifter posted:

She got attacked by HIVE and is in a wheelchair.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Hahahahaha

That's something she'll just have to roll with, I suppose.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

Wrong. The Jay we've known all along is Zoom. The EP confirmed it. It's stupid and lazy as gently caress.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

X-O posted:

Wrong. The Jay we've known all along is Zoom. The EP confirmed it. It's stupid and lazy as gently caress.

EP?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Angry Evil Caitlin :swoon:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Executive Producer.

quote:

“Zoom’s identity has been revealed: He is Hunter Zolomon, a.k.a Jay Garrick,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells EW.

But… but… how?! As postulated in one of our many (many, many, seriously many, many) theory stories, Jay seemed like a likely candidate to be Zoom after the reveal that his Earth-1 doppelgänger was actually Hunter Zolomon, the alter-ego of Zoom in the comics. Even so, how could Jay Garrick (ugh, Hunter!), who apparently arrived on Earth-1 with no powers, be zipping back and forth through the universes, or even be stabbing himself in the chest like we saw last week?! For now, that remains to be seen.

“How all of that plays out and what’s actually happening, we’ll leave for after the break,” Kreisberg says. “But we wanted to go out on this run of episodes with a big reveal, just the same way we did at the end of episode 9 in season 1, where we revealed that Harrison Wells was the man in the yellow suit. Zoom’s identity is finally revealed.”

“They let this person in,” Kreisberg continues. “Part of the reason he was able to do that was because there was a hole in the center of their group, and he knew that. He was able to step in because they wanted it so desperately. Barry was missing his mentor, Wells, and here comes Jay offering to be his mentor. Caitlin [Danielle Panabaker] had lost Ronnie [Robbie Amell], and then here comes Jay offering to be her new knight in shinning armor.” (Seriously, poor Caitlin Snow!)

In this case, letting the past color their future actually worked against them. “The irony, of course, is the one person who has been saying, ‘Don’t trust this guy! Don’t trust this guy! Don’t trust this guy!’ has been Harry, who’s the one that none of them trusted,” Kreisberg says. “For us, there was all of this great, delicious irony to the whole thing. It happens in a way that didn’t make them look stupid, that the reason he was able to manipulate them was because he was playing on their emotions. It wasn’t because they were gullible. They actually took precautions in the beginning — Barry locked him up right away — but all of them had that need for a center and for a new star to right their ships by. Jay’s one charming, smooth guy and he was able to manipulate them in that way.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/23/flash-zoom-identity-jay-garrick-hunter-zolomon

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Drifter posted:

Hahahahaha

That's something she'll just have to roll with, I suppose.

Don't worry, she's about to be unparalyzed because the flarrow writers are hacks

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

WarLocke posted:

New theory on Zoom and Mask Guy:

Mask Guy is Jay Garrick, and when he tried to juice himself to get faster it somehow 'fractured' him, creating both the 'Jay Garrick' we know as well as Zoom.

'Jay Garrick' is the super-ego, the hero that Garrick wants to be. But he's not whole, and this is true true reason for his 'speed cancer'. For whatever reason, he doesn't remember/know that he's a splinter entity, he just remembers trying to juice and losing his speed (which he attributes to Zoom).

Zoom is the id, and is obsessed with stealing speed because without it he will wither away like 'our' Garrick is.

Mask Guy is the 'original' Jay Garrick (equivalent to the ego in this theory) and Zoom is keeping him alive either because in some way he recognizes that they're the same person and he needs him in some fashion, or perhaps he thought to 'hostile takeover' the super-ego Garrick, absorb his Speed Force, then merge back with the 'real' Garrick only with Zoom/the id in control now.

From a few pages ago but this is the theory I like the most out of all of them and it just gained a little more ground. Please be this.

e: oh it's not this... oh well.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Zutaten posted:

From a few pages ago but this is the theory I like the most out of all of them and it just gained a little more ground. Please be this.

Either that or Earth-2 Jay split himself into good & evil and the dead one is Earth-1 Jay/Hunter Zoloman.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Koalas March posted:

Don't worry, she's about to be unparalyzed because the flarrow writers are hacks

Yes, comic books don't have a long history of super science being used to heal injurries.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
That EP saying that Jay is an integral part of the group sure doesn't know what the gently caress he's talking about.

"Zoom infiltrated the group and became Barry's mentor," like what the poo poo, he has done nothing but bitch and moan and complain at Barry and maybe help with the portals - gently caress no he's not a teacher/role model for Barry (who is also a little bitch).

Zoom: "Ah yes, my master plan is I am going to sneak into their group and then do nothing but throw hissy fits for months."

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

X-O posted:

Executive Producer.

Ah.

It sort've explains certain things, like why he was so pissed about Wells showing up. And the explanation itself makes some sense, up to the point where Jay/Zoom apparently decides his best course of action is to be a totally whiney ineffectual stick in the mud.

I feel like they were afraid it would be too obvious if "Jay" was more engaged with the ongoing plot, struggling with Wells for control of Barry's trust. So they put the mystery ahead of actual storytelling, and as a result the biggest thing Zoom accomplished infiltrating team Flash was to get Caitlin to make googoo eyes at him.

^^^ Yeah seriously, that sounds like a totally engaging season: two guys from another dimension struggling to gain influence over Barry and we don't know which to trust. Too bad we didn't actually get that season.

Guy A. Person fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 24, 2016

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

twistedmentat posted:

I have really no idea how they will resolve this It's really confusing, like Clone Saga level confusing.

Oh man, loving :iceburn:. Too true though. Assuming the EP is explaining this right, this makes even less sense than laser icicles.

Scyantific posted:

Also how much loving longer is Barry gonna go without telling Wally "hey man I'm the Flash."

I'm honestly not sure that'd even improve their relationship at this point.

Bad Moon posted:

Barry: "Felicity you used to call me on my cell phone :qq:"

:laffo::laffo::laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I think I'm going to abandon Cisco/Laurel and jump on board the Cisco/Jessie Quick bus just to see Wells being Crisco's Father In Law.

• Locked thread