Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the caucuses?
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
John Kasich
Marco Rubio
Donald Trump
Jeb, somehow
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Rubio should have had La Raza put hits on Kasich and Cruz instead of harassing old people at caucus sites, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Jewel Repetition posted:

Chris Matthews is about to cry and so am I

poo poo your pants.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
FOX was getting too depressing. Moved over to CNN, they seem a little less glum. How's MSNBC?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
America:

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
USA USA USA!

Trump!!!!!!!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
It was amazing being surrounded by so many Trump supporters in line. I didn't see any Cruz signs or shirts and one lonely woman struggling to hold 3 Rubio signs.

Foo
May 16, 2003
Professional Sponge

Josh Lyman posted:

Karl Rove trying to say smaller turnout of Nevada caucus is now good for Trump

HUH? The turnout was crazy this time for the Rs.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I assume that's based on the assumption that black voters show up in the numbers they did in 08 and 12, too, which is seriously not a thing to just take for granted

black voters ticked up a bit for obama but the trend of white % decreasing has been pretty consistent for a long time

http://www.electproject.org/home/voter-turnout/demographics

specific data on black turnout going back to 1996
https://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/p20-568.pdf#page=3

it's still only like five relevant data points at the most but the story's more complicatd than 'black president = black turnout', there's a consistent pattern of black turnout increasing every presidential election going back to the 90s

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
*pretends trump won't who the nomination*

Oh poo poo wrong thread

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Foo posted:

HUH? The turnout was crazy this time for the Rs.

Psh, the unskewed turnout you mean

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Let me tell you all about brokered conventions...

Won't happen, Trump is our next president!

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
The die is cast:

https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/702362717609467904

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
So do we officially call the turnout the TRUMPOUT

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Josh Lyman posted:

Should we legitimately fear that she won't beat Trump in the general?

Why would we fear something good happening?

But yeah Trump can deffo take it to the hilldawg in the general.

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
msnbc reporting that trump won 44% of the hispanic vote

:stare:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

oystertoadfish posted:

it's still only like five relevant data points at the most but the story's more complicatd than 'black president = black turnout', there's a consistent pattern of black turnout increasing every presidential election going back to the 90s

I know, I'm just paranoid as gently caress that Dems are gonna throw this election in part by being smug and complacent

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

oystertoadfish posted:

black voters ticked up a bit for obama but the trend of white % decreasing has been pretty consistent for a long time

http://www.electproject.org/home/voter-turnout/demographics

specific data on black turnout going back to 1996
https://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/p20-568.pdf#page=3

IIRC the country gets 2% less white each potus election cycle. Something just tells me that hispanics might turn out in big numbers against trump. The real question is how many can the GOP keep from voting

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

PDP-1 posted:

He said he'd win the Hispanic vote, shame on you for doubting

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Karl Rove still thinks Romney can pull out the W too.

Tubesock
Apr 20, 2002

PDP-1 posted:

and then they immediately poo poo on it and say why it doesn't matter.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

PDP-1 posted:

I just don't loving understand.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I know, I'm just paranoid as gently caress that Dems are gonna throw this election in part by being smug and complacent

if they haven't been running trump attack ads through the focus groups and whatever else constitutes due diligence then yeah they've been committing political malpractice

even if they start now they should have a few months to get their poo poo together

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/michaelbd/status/702365784388014080

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

someone in the other thread's saying it's a sample size of 130something, so that's one part

but still i'm sure a ton of republican hispanics voted for trump. people do all kinds of poo poo. lots of people who've been here for generations consider themselves hispanic, they're more likely to be republican and less likely to identify with what's commonly considered the hispanic community much less illegal immigrants

are you from lodi or the delta or something? dont see the word mokelumne around all that often

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oystertoadfish posted:

if they haven't been running trump attack ads through the focus groups and whatever else constitutes due diligence then yeah they've been committing political malpractice

even if they start now they should have a few months to get their poo poo together

"Weird, I'm seeing a huge uptick in downloads of old Stern broadcasts"

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Turns out legal immigrants who have voting rights don't care much for the ones who circumvent the process

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Legal Mexicans want the wall to block illegal Mexicans from taking their jobs and/or lowering their wages.

Trump!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

PDP-1 posted:

If Bernie can win them, why not Trump?

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
I've been following politics my whole adult life but I guess everything I thought I knew and understood is in fact wrong. Trump will be the nominee. Today is day one of my belief in Trump.

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

CubsWoo posted:

Turns out legal immigrants who have voting rights don't care much for the ones who circumvent the process

FYGM attitudes in the Republican party base. Story checks out.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

FOX was getting too depressing. Moved over to CNN, they seem a little less glum. How's MSNBC?

Possibly gleeful.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

CubsWoo posted:

somebody should do a study on this

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

A Bag of Milk posted:

I've been following politics my whole adult life but I guess everything I thought I knew and understood is in fact wrong. Trump will be the nominee. Today is day one of my belief in Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqYqyHBTZjg

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

oystertoadfish posted:

someone in the other thread's saying it's a sample size of 130something, so that's one part

but still i'm sure a ton of republican hispanics voted for trump. people do all kinds of poo poo. lots of people who've been here for generations consider themselves hispanic, they're more likely to be republican and less likely to identify with what's commonly considered the hispanic community much less illegal immigrants

even if it's 20% it's bonkers

quote:

are you from lodi or the delta or something? dont see the word mokelumne around all that often

Sacramento-ish

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

^i just moved to sac. its alright

Epic High Five posted:

"Weird, I'm seeing a huge uptick in downloads of old Stern broadcasts"

i'm wondering who owns the copyrights on that kinda thing and if they'll sell to the democrats

like itd be funny if they air some old stern poo poo in an attack ad, trump complains, and the democrats are all 'i know who i paid, god / serchlite publishing'

probably they get the same mean sounding guy or lady to read the transcript over ominous music like every attack ad

a moderate republican site's comment thread was saying 'why aren't we attacking him like democrats attacked romney' so it's not just democrats thinking he might be vulnurable there. we'll see

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

44% of the hispanic turnout is literally only 60 people

The story isn't that Trump will woo the entire hispanic population of Nevada, which is absolutely impossible, it's that hispanic voters flat out rejected Rubio and Cruz

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Jobs, safety, education, healthcare. So simple.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oystertoadfish posted:

i'm wondering who owns the copyrights on that kinda thing and if they'll sell to the democrats

like itd be funny if they air some old stern poo poo in an attack ad, trump complains, and the democrats are all 'i know who i paid, god / serchlite publishing'

probably they get the same mean sounding guy or lady to read the transcript over ominous music like every attack ad

a moderate republican site's comment thread was saying 'why aren't we attacking him like democrats attacked romney' so it's not just democrats thinking he might be vulnurable there. we'll see

Eh, just have a Super PAC steal them and use them without permission. Same thing as with the rally songs, by the time it gets around to lawsuit time the PAC will be dissolved and there won't be anything to sue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

huffpost gave up on the snark, i think its starting to set in

• Locked thread