Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Awoken Pandora is up now...

and L.Izanami/Urd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I run a completely maxed out shiva and a +90 thor that's getting shynpy priority right now. between the two of them and the gronia I leave up in my BFF slot for my friend who is a bad, I get around 60 uses/day

Lovable Luciferian
Jul 10, 2007

Flashing my onyx masonic ring at 5 cent wing n trivia night at Dinglers Sports Bar - Ozma
Where is the best place to grind gold dragons? I have a bunch of baby tamadras that I'm going to evolve. There's no reason not to do that, right?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Since I had a full stamina bar, I tried Yomi Goddess - Legend with a light team for the uevo mat for tsukuyomi. I figured I'd get beaten like a dumb idiot or not get the mon, but it turned out to be pretty easy.

My team:
Musical Winged Star God Pollux
Yellow Sky Fruit, Lemon Dragon
Yamatogoto Playing God, Sandalphon
Sanctuary Messenger, Archangel
Archangel of Creation, Raphael
Helper: Capricious Summon, Fat Chocobo max skilled -- This fat little fucker was incredible. 2.5x HP, poison resist and an additional board reset made things pretty smooth.

I let Pollux deal with the poison and jammers as much as possible, with lemon dragon providing some extra +light orbs comboing with pollux. I had enough board control that I only took poison damage once.

As an added bonus, I got more than what I needed:

Now I just need to shovel xp into Yomi Goddess and Tengu...

E: Jesus, 4 million xp for the tengu? Holy poo poo.

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 24, 2016

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

The Hebug posted:

and L.Izanami/Urd.
I'm a Red Fruit short of making Urd. Darn. On the new evos note:

pankus posted:

If I have three pandoras would it be better to have two awoken and one uuvo, or one awoken and two uuvo?
IMO 1 Awoken, 2 super-ult. Awoken is generally best used as a lead and super-ult as a sub.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Lovable Luciferian posted:

Where is the best place to grind gold dragons? I have a bunch of baby tamadras that I'm going to evolve. There's no reason not to do that, right?

It's a better use of stamina just to run the 50 stam tama level, unless you're completely opposed to stoning for stamina, have less than 100, etc.

e: the main bottleneck is dub-topalits, so if you have a bumper crop of those, go hog wild next time you see gold dragons up on the schedule

Lovable Luciferian
Jul 10, 2007

Flashing my onyx masonic ring at 5 cent wing n trivia night at Dinglers Sports Bar - Ozma

padijun posted:

It's a better use of stamina just to run the 50 stam tama level, unless you're completely opposed to stoning for stamina, have less than 100, etc.

e: the main bottleneck is dub-amelits, so if you have a bumper crop of those, go hog wild next time you see gold dragons up on the schedule

Makes sense. Thanks,

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

iPodschun posted:

I'm a Red Fruit short of making Urd. Darn. On the new evos note:
IMO 1 Awoken, 2 super-ult. Awoken is generally best used as a lead and super-ult as a sub.

Eh, I think Awoken's extra row and haste on her active makes her a better sub for herself, though super-pando's huge rcv means you should take along at least one of them.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Hebug posted:

and L.Izanami/Urd.

Wooo

Wait what Amir

WHo the gently caress has an Amir

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Wooo

Wait what Amir

"To welcome the arrival of these Ultimate Evolutions, Aamir Descended! and Surtr Descended! will now appear on 2/25!" on the FB post

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Hebug posted:

and L.Izanami/Urd.

Wow, really quick turnaround time on those. Less than a month.

ebacho
Oct 26, 2010
Looking for some Awoken Pandora friends just to mess around a little. Mine's max leveled and max skilled right now, might 297 her depending on how things turn out. I have a hypermax Horus and A.Sakuya for other leaders of note.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

iPodschun posted:

"To welcome the arrival of these Ultimate Evolutions, Aamir Descended! and Surtr Descended! will now appear on 2/25!" on the FB post

I am glad to be in on the ground floor of the newest broken-as-gently caress leader, please someone tell me a good team because I am lazy and bad: https://www.padherder.com/user/padijun/monsters/

e: this is what I came up with earlier, pretend pandora and loki are evolved: https://www.padherder.com/user/padijun/teams/#217042

I think I won't awake haku cause the rows are better if she's not a leader, unless you guys give me a reason

padijun fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Feb 24, 2016

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

padijun posted:

I run a completely maxed out shiva and a +90 thor that's getting shynpy priority right now. between the two of them and the gronia I leave up in my BFF slot for my friend who is a bad, I get around 60 uses/day

Now my AThor on my alt account is absolutely raking in the pal points and BFFs. I'd get even more if I could refresh it more often. My theory is AThor is a effort evo that needs piis and pairs with Saria an out-of-the-box leader who skills up off Queen Golds.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Hi. Seems like they updated the coop dungeons too? Kappas now spawn water orbs.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Lovable Luciferian posted:

The common wisdom is that it's more stamina efficient to feed babies directly, but I've transitioned to a mixed strategy: keep about 3-5 babies on hand, feed the rest straight. You can slowly evolve the babies over time when you have spare mats floating around from stamina you need to burn during the week or the evo machine or whatever. Run the 20 stamina version of the urgent Gold Dragon Infestation when it rolls around, that'll give you about four of the basic gold dragons you need for babies, and you can work on collecting the other stuff while you wait on that dungeon. I need a few Dub-Amelits to evolve some things for example, and I'll likely end up with spare Dub-Topalits while trying to farm them.

Gungho has been unexpectedly generous with the Tamadra dungeon lately though, having it in the rotation every two to three days for the past two weeks. If it keeps up it could obsolete evolving babies entirely, although there's no telling if it's just something special for all the events going on or if it's going to be normal from here on out.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

boo_radley posted:

E: Jesus, 4 million xp for the tengu? Holy poo poo.

Cards do not need to be max level to perform an ultimate evolution. Hopefully you didn't spend the exp yet.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Gungho na being chill with the the quick evo releases doesn't make up for them being decidedly unchill with their continuing stinginess in handing out piis

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Xenochrist posted:

Gungho na being chill with the the quick evo releases doesn't make up for them being decidedly unchill with their continuing stinginess in handing out piis

Although, NA has permanent easy mode arena 1 even with all the OP new leaders that cruise through arena 1 without breaking a sweat.

For comparison in JP, arena 2.0 came out and replaced arena 1 around the time of awoken bad luci.

So technically you have infinite easy to farm piis.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Zo posted:

Although, NA has permanent easy mode arena 1 even with all the OP new leaders that cruise through arena 1 without breaking a sweat.

For comparison in JP, arena 2.0 came out and replaced arena 1 around the time of awoken bad luci.

So technically you have infinite easy to farm piis.

Not if you can't clear Arena. :smith:

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Wooo

Wait what Amir

lol if you don't have a full library of descended bosses on hand for instantly making awoken evos. :smug:

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
It looks like coin z8 (and scarlet etc) in JP is going to have permanent 5x +egg and latent invades.

So it will still be worth running at 50 stamina, compared to coop version at 25 stamina but without those bonuses.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Maybe you already know this but what you really should be counting is BFFs, not just friends in general. Since BFFs are worth 10x more, it pays to put up leaders who'll get you a lot of BFFs or you already have a bunch of who use something.

Plusing Sakuya seems like a pretty safe bet to me. Very strong leader with prongs and you could even just use her as a bind clearer for another team if you needed to.

I have no shameDragons so am mostly worthless as a BFF

I did decide though that gently caress it, anyone still using Athena at that high a rank deserved to be judged for it, and swapped mine out finally. Put in my +297 A.Bastet in slot one instead, hypermax AParv is my main, and ASakuya is in the BFF slot getting plussed.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

With just 1 Pandora I'm thinking to wait for the new UltUlt or whatever.

Askill: Pretty close to a wash; haste vs. 1 shorter
Lskill: Advantage Awoken I guess, but I have A.Bad.Luci which is almost the same so meh
Awakenings: 1 row vs. prong/finger, and these new dark row teams are pretty starved on fingers so that's nice
Typing: UltUlt retains god, might be relevant
Saving four badpiis: Advantage very much UltUlt

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Feeling pretty good about Z8 Mythical+ solo mode, currently 2 for 3 on the runs. :c00l:

The failed attempt ended on floor 1 where I decided to learn if I could kill the dragon plants with prongs instead of burning a Kali (spoilers: I couldn't).

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Does anybody use A Pandora as a leader? If so, what do her teams generally look like? I have two Pandoras.

H.P. Grenade
Oct 21, 2003

Smooth.
Do you want to be friends with a hypermax Awoken Pandora with a full set of time-extend awakenings? Of course you do!

317 948 376, HPGren[SA] and Pandora is always up in slot one. Hyper A. Shiva in two.

A. Pandora is all-devils, all the time, with the usual orb-changers / buffers / debuffers as needed. I usually run Pandora/Haku/Hanzo/LuBu/BValk but I sub in Chester for full skill bind resist for farming, Lilith of Jize for high-def, low hp floors, and Loki/LuBu/DMeta for extra boost or awakenings as needed. Ronia is a decent stopgap for a full board changer with a dark focus.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Looks like we're prob getting the Junkbreaker 2.0 Pantheon in the next GF too. Wanna get that Hamal.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Has there ever been a good Riders bonus on a Godfest? Director's Carnival? Anything?

I just want a Phoenix Rider to round out my AShiva team... :negative:

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Yea, Riders have been in a carnival before. From what I vaguely remember it might have been years ago, though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The riders aren't good.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Phoenix Rider owns actually, I have one max skilled on NA and JP and having 3530% damage reduction basically permanently is Good poo poo

Also ugh why does JP have to be down I wanna go back to punching stupidly far above my weight class with A. Pando

@V: Right, though the point still stands

Jolyne Cujoh fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Feb 24, 2016

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Phoenix Rider isnt 35%.

Also desperately trying to roll Akechi, no luck.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Cerberus Rider skill ups are in Legelonte today. I want a two turn 99 damage.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Had to emergency run Evo rush in the coin dungeons to evo up Aamir and Sutr but I am now the proud (though staminaless) papa of A Panda, +212, max skill, max level and 1 tama short of max awoken. She will be hypermaxxed before the end of this event.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
Derp. Have all the mats for A. Pandora except for a red keeper because I used my last one uevoing Urd.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Brade posted:

Have you tried Journey to the West instead?

Yes but I'm very bad at that dungeon still so I figured I'd go back to farming dogs instead for a whooping 0/8 :3:

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
If you max skill a monster, then you change it to a different ult where it has a new skill, then you revert it back to its original form/skill, would it keep the skillmax?
I made both of my Hakus Awoken, and if I were to pursue A.Pandora as a leader I'd have to change them back to Devil. I'm not 100% convinced I should, but if I have to re-skill them then there's no way

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

drat it, forgot to save a Red Keeper for Urd.

Nothing great to farm for +eggs today, so I guess it's off to farm for Stones to blow for when Sowilo rolls around again.

Anyone know what the +egg drop rate is like for Santa? I think mats don't drop as + ever do they? So floors 1&3 wouldn't drop plussed, so the rate would be pretty poo poo I would guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Hurray, I see they also nerfed the worst random encounters in the multiplayer alt dungeons.

• Locked thread