Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
You know what 061469 I've changed my mind. You're a treasure for committing to this thing you're doing. Please keep posting as furiously as you'd like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup. Funny pictures. Funny pictures.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Isn't Black Pete Santa's manservant that kidnaps naughty children and sells them into slavery?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
the best thing about blackface is that it makes americans poo poo their pants

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Hogge Wild posted:

the best thing about blackface is that it makes americans poo poo their pants

Please, we can do that on our own without racist caricatures. We are champion-level pantshitters.

KILLALLNERDS.EXE
Oct 12, 2009
Mad about body paint!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hyperlynx posted:

Shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup. Funny pictures. Funny pictures.

I keep trying this, but they just won't shut up.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Id love to get indignant about colors and body parts on the Internet but I'm busy pursuing a career and having sex with lots of men

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Say Nothing posted:

1. Male genital mutilation is a HUGE and SERIOUS human rights issue. It's not as simple as *snip snip*, if you believe that, you are BRAINWASHED and DESENSITIZED. You are MUTILATING A BABY'S BODY, it is SICK and BARBARIC child abuse and TORTURE. If you support mutilating baby's genitals for unnecessary reasons, or are ambivalent to it, you are BRAINWASHED and a horrible human being. (Seriously, gently caress you if you support it and I say this not as administrator, but as a human being with opinions.)

2. Male genital mutilation can have a huge influence on the development of the human psyche, and if you believe otherwise, you are BRAINWASHED. Studies have PROVEN mental illness is linked to trauma as a baby.[1][2] The fact alone is extremely noteworthy and can pave the way for the development of personality, which is why it should be listed near the top of Walter's article.

3. It is HEAVILY implied Walter had his penis mutilated as a baby. Almost everything in Silent Hill is symbolic, and the fact that you can find human skin, anesthesia in a skin, bloody forceps, restrained child/baby figures, etc, is likely NOT a coincidence. Not to mention, Walter was an American born in the 1960s, when the vile practice was extremely popular and at its heyday. Even then, the article does not say Walter had his genitals mutilated as a fact, it only suggests a POSSIBILITY. This is the way this Wikia has been: possibilities and speculation are allowed, as long as there is sufficient evidence for it.

4. Silent Hill is ALL about the injustices of America - it's literally what the ENTIRE series is about. There is nothing wrong with going a little into detail about the history surrounding male genital mutilation (in America).

5. This injustice is STILL an injustice because moronic people are STILL completely BRAINWASHED about the truth of mutilating genitals and its effects, and there is, again, no compensation for male genital mutilation survivors and victims.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

oldpainless posted:

Id love to get indignant about colors and body parts on the Internet but I'm busy pursuing a career and having sex with lots of men

This isn't the stdh thread.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Birb Katter posted:

This isn't the stdh thread.

(Sputters incoherently with rage)

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Blackface is only acceptable in a Trading Places cosplay group, so long as you have the whole train group represented.

Including the gorilla.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Steve Holt! posted:

The Dutch have a holiday called Sinterklaas where people dress up as Zwarte Piet. He looks like this:

RFC2324 posted:

Does this get a pass for being cultural or something?

No, but it's the source of one of my favorite SA terms, Swamp German, as in, "the Swamp Germans get really riled up when you pick on their lovely racist Santa," or whatever that goon said.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

oh i can't fap to that.

no

no can do

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Tetracube posted:

1. Male genital mutilation is a HUGE and SERIOUS human rights issue. It's not as simple as *snip snip*, if you believe that, you are BRAINWASHED and DESENSITIZED. You are MUTILATING A BABY'S BODY, it is SICK and BARBARIC child abuse and TORTURE. If you support mutilating baby's genitals for unnecessary reasons, or are ambivalent to it, you are BRAINWASHED and a horrible human being. (Seriously, gently caress you if you support it and I say this not as administrator, but as a human being with opinions.)

2. Male genital mutilation can have a huge influence on the development of the human psyche, and if you believe otherwise, you are BRAINWASHED. Studies have PROVEN mental illness is linked to trauma as a baby.[1][2] The fact alone is extremely noteworthy and can pave the way for the development of personality, which is why it should be listed near the top of Walter's article.

3. It is HEAVILY implied Walter had his penis mutilated as a baby. Almost everything in Silent Hill is symbolic, and the fact that you can find human skin, anesthesia in a skin, bloody forceps, restrained child/baby figures, etc, is likely NOT a coincidence. Not to mention, Walter was an American born in the 1960s, when the vile practice was extremely popular and at its heyday. Even then, the article does not say Walter had his genitals mutilated as a fact, it only suggests a POSSIBILITY. This is the way this Wikia has been: possibilities and speculation are allowed, as long as there is sufficient evidence for it.

4. Silent Hill is ALL about the injustices of America - it's literally what the ENTIRE series is about. There is nothing wrong with going a little into detail about the history surrounding male genital mutilation (in America).

5. This injustice is STILL an injustice because moronic people are STILL completely BRAINWASHED about the truth of mutilating genitals and its effects, and there is, again, no compensation for male genital mutilation survivors and victims.

What is this from, again? I know I've seen this being made fun of on SA before. I just can't remember what it is from (but it is awesome).

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Railing Kill posted:

What is this from, again? I know I've seen this being made fun of on SA before. I just can't remember what it is from (but it is awesome).

https://storify.com/jasperrolls/the-silent-hill-wiki-circumcision-meltdown-of-2015

http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:49806

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Steve Holt! posted:

The Dutch have a holiday called Sinterklaas where people dress up as Zwarte Piet. He looks like this:

The holiday is observed by six to eight Dutch people coming to your house to explain why this is totally not racist or offensive

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

do love the girl stone cold mean-mugging it back there tho

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Picnic Princess posted:

Thank you. McCartney was the worst Beatle.

Every single person on this planet knows that it's Ringo. Get with it!

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Mogomra posted:

Oh come on, everybody knows that edgy teenagers are inclined to pick John.

Regular teenagers pick Paul.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Navratilova never said she was a vegetarian, she said she ate bush.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Mogomra posted:

Shut up, Paul.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
If you don't fill the void where your personality and critical thought should be with blind, one-dimensional hand wringing, then how else would you fake the experience of social acceptance?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

RFC2324 posted:

Does this get a pass for being cultural or something?

Literally Santa's slave boy.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

blarzgh posted:

If you don't fill the void where your personality and critical thought should be with blind, one-dimensional hand wringing, then how else would you fake the experience of social acceptance?

what

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

minato posted:

Navratilova never said she was a vegetarian, she said she ate bush.

I believe the term was vagiterian

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

blarzgh posted:

Okay: people who think blackface is okay have a lovely personality, and I'll let them know without a moment's hesitation. True story, the end.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mogomra posted:

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Tetracube posted:

Now ban all the mods.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

061469 posted:

Guys, blackface isn't okay anywhere. Under any circumstances.
Why? Because of racial tensions in the United States that have their roots in slavery.

Luckily Australia doesn't have any racial tensions so that makes blackface okay!!

Edit: just kidding, it's still offensive in Australia. Well I guess it might be acceptable in Tasmania since it's the one state who solved their issues with the local indigenous population.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

13Pandora13 posted:

No, but it's the source of one of my favorite SA terms, Swamp German, as in, "the Swamp Germans get really riled up when you pick on their lovely racist Santa," or whatever that goon said.

Swamp German here; Zwarte Piet has fallen out of fashion in recent years after some black people started protesting and we all realized it hurt their feelings. Now the big cities do something instead (like charcoal dust on the cheeks, to symbolize being dirty from going down a chimney, or rainbowface), and only the hicks in little villages are holding on to this tradition.

quote:

Santa: "So for 50 cents a piece I can have them all?"
Sinterklaas: "Yes, please take them, I'm not allowed to have them anymore."

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Zwarte Piet is obviously racist, and should probably go, or atleast be changed. The matter on how racist it is, is a bit more nuanced though.
Sinterklaas (the holiday Zwarte Piet is asociated with), is a children's holiday. When growing up I had no idea that Zwarte Piet was actually supposed to portay a person of colour. To me they were just dark coloured clowns. This ignorance lasted till far into being an adult, in part because you rather not see the faults in a tradition you love, and in part because Zwarte Piet is pretty much the only instance of blackface we see in the Netherlands. No such thing as minstrels and gollywog.

As posted above, the climate is changing and discussion is opening up, but there's a lot of resistance. Part of this comes from the lack of understanding that when talking about racism, it's about a system of oppression. That when you're a part of the dominant culture or demographic, you will always be racist in ways that you yourself can not see. And that this does not mean you're literally Hitler. Example, my mom: When the discussion that Zwarte Piet 'might' be racist comes up, she gets so upset because she feels accused of being a terrible person for having good childhood memories about a holiday.

So yeah, it's not an case of hateful mockery of a minority, and much more dumb dumb ignorance maintained by cultural inertia.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I love how Americans are trying to explain to Europe, a place where football fans are throwing bananas and monkey screams at black players, that zwarte piet is racist.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

folks, if we try real hard, and I mean real hard, like we just keep posting and posting about it, we might solve racism. I feel like we can do it.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

NotAnArtist posted:

folks, if we try real hard, and I mean real hard, like we just keep posting and posting about it, we might solve racism. I feel like we can do it.

No. The time for posting is over. The only way to solve racism would be to kill all white people.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Mar 2, 2005

OPTIC BLAST!
Wherever Zwarte Piet falls on the spectrum of racism, it would be even more racist if the Netherlands had a more pronounced history of mocking black people via minstrel shows, a greater number of black slaves over a longer period of time, more prevalent black stereotypes about chicken, watermellon and whatever else.

This is why whiteface isn't a problem, by the way. Whiteface doesn't carry the same history of unnecessary, pointless and hurtful mockery of a persecuted minority. It isn't a fair comparison.

So, blackface is a problem. If you can make an attempt to understand why and how it's a problem, you will be better positioned to avoid unnecessary racially insensitive behaviors in general.

Non-Americans definitely have their own issues, but as far as why blackface is a problem, the centuries of racial tension in the United States has more than it's fair share to answer for. I'm sorry if this triggers any hurt feelings to any uber-patriots.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Thank you so much for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Post some motherfucking funny pictures. If I want depressing racial politics I'll watch the news.

• Locked thread