Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

K8.0 posted:

It is in Bronze, because all they know how to do is go in 24/7.

This is all I do though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I had somebody tell me today that devo wasn't a good item in the current meta in a very smug way. I worry this means my normal elo has gone down further than I expected.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I loving hate this game.Ranked, 55 minute game, we ace the enemy team with just trynd and I (support naut) alive, no minions. we start taking the nexus, he suicides in fountain with about 50% nexus hp left, enemy team gets up and I use fotm, locket, and w to try and shield myself to get it down. I die with one AA left on the nexus. :suicide:

we won, but loving what the gently caress is with some people.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Spiros posted:

I had somebody tell me today that devo wasn't a good item in the current meta in a very smug way. I worry this means my normal elo has gone down further than I expected.

The probably only play the junglers in pro play and they wont play much devourer because of the 100% chance of a coordinated 5 man shut down across the map.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
so i've been playing ranked a lot more recently, but entirely not on purpose

i made the mistake that because the ranked queue is now positioned where the normal queue used to be (automatically selected the moment you press play), i just played a bunch of ranked

i legitimately enjoy relaxing and having a nice game of league and not taking it seriously while everyone else is just flipping poo poo

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I hate 99% of the people who play devourer junglers because I hate the play style it promotes which isn't fun even if your team happens to win

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

rabidsquid posted:

I hate 99% of the people who play devourer junglers because I hate the play style it promotes which isn't fun even if your team happens to win

i hate midlaners

and yasuo

but mostly midlaners

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

rabidsquid posted:

People say this but the only jungler who cant gank while stacking is yi. Try Shyv jungle, her clears are instant and her ganks are incredible if your lanes have cc.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

Look man, you can just come out and say that you don't enjoy Devo Vi. I get it. We're cool...

... it's all right... :sigh:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Chumppell posted:

Look man, you can just come out and say that you don't enjoy Devo Vi. I get it. We're cool...

... it's all right... :sigh:

I had no idea you built devourer until KCW said something about it so obviously you are fine.

edit: Do you remember our devourer Shyvana. That poo poo is the worst.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

People say this but the only jungler who cant gank while stacking is yi. Try Shyv jungle, her clears are instant and her ganks are incredible if your lanes have cc.

Every devourer jungle CAN gank, but people who buy it tend towards the worst kind of afk farming.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

You can devo selfishly and you can devo constructively and you probably run into the former more than the latter. My teammates usually love my jungling.

e: my advice is to remind them that they get stacks for kills.

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 24, 2016

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

rabidsquid posted:

I had no idea you built devourer until KCW said something about it so obviously you are fine.

edit: Do you remember our devourer Shyvana. That poo poo is the worst.

Every devourer jungle CAN gank, but people who buy it tend towards the worst kind of afk farming.

yeah you are playing with a bad jungler

I know the pain though, I play with an irl friend who goes devourer ekko. I got him onto runic echoes for a little bit but eugh.

E:

A Lesson in Taking Flash or Why The gently caress Did I Not Get an S+
Like look at that, it's not like I did anything special other than realising the shen was going to be one of those super aggressive players and bullying him for it early then taking my success across the map.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 24, 2016

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Sperglord Firecock posted:

so i've been playing ranked a lot more recently, but entirely not on purpose

i made the mistake that because the ranked queue is now positioned where the normal queue used to be (automatically selected the moment you press play), i just played a bunch of ranked

i legitimately enjoy relaxing and having a nice game of league and not taking it seriously while everyone else is just flipping poo poo

imo if you're playing solo a lot you might as well play ranked. mute people if they're freaking out. you'll get better competition in general. its pretty easy to not care about rank if its the only thing you do

1: leave olaf alone
2: dont bother olaf
3: dont cancel auto-attacks, olaf, you piece of loving garbage

(really the thing that saves me here is the level advantage, the only item i had was a tiamat)

its a shame that olaf isn't really a viable top laner, he's so much fun if you get ahead

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 24, 2016

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Yeah, but I don't think a lot of people who play devourer junglers understand this

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
the game firmly believes im silver 5 to the point that i go 10-0 in placements and still get it and i understand that. c'mon

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
you'll probably get like 30 lp a win for a short time

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
i get 33 a win and have since they started the lp system. have 0 motivation because gently caress randoms + my friends are all bad and do poo poo like devourer ekko or full armour support shen against 4ap so I'd rather play normals with them.

point is though, gank your lanes.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 24, 2016

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

i get 33 a win and have since they started the lp system. have 0 motivation because gently caress randoms + my friends are all bad and do poo poo like devourer ekko or full armour support shen against 4ap so I'd rather play normals with them.

point is though, gank your lanes.

do not gank olaf

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
All I can say is, my Devourer stacks a hell of a lot faster if you stop loving farming bot and come help with dragon when I ping it.

It's almost as though stacking 1/6 of the thing (nearly 1/4 if you get the scuttlebug) and a getting a team-wide buff could be more valuable than getting 3/6 of a wave (this is Bronze, you're not getting all of it). But no, sit bot while I ping for 30 seconds and farm, then say, "y u no gank," five minutes later when I'm still trying to stack that fucker.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Maybe they don't have the mechanics to hear pings or look at the minimap or understand anything about the game at all

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

SlyFrog posted:

All I can say is, my Devourer stacks a hell of a lot faster if you stop loving farming bot and come help with dragon when I ping it.

It's almost as though stacking 1/6 of the thing (nearly 1/4 if you get the scuttlebug) and a getting a team-wide buff could be more valuable than getting 3/6 of a wave (this is Bronze, you're not getting all of it). But no, sit bot while I ping for 30 seconds and farm, then say, "y u no gank," five minutes later when I'm still trying to stack that fucker.

Farming out a lane and pushing it to tower is a lot more important than dragon dude.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I had an argument with a friend over why none of the LCK players buy Devourer ever.

He said it was because they don't have time to farm the stacks. I say it's because they don't play farm-for-20-min-and-carry-junglers who want Devourer but rather ones that have Cinderhulk/Warrior/Echos and can impact the game more readily.

He was very vocal about me being stupid. He plays farm-and-carry-junglers and also is the kinda guy who will say "I can't carry this" every time we lose a game.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
I used to play a lot of devo Shyvana. I had the most success when I was counterjungling as much as possible, and eating all the dragons, crabs, and heralds. As long as you drop a ward in the enemy jungle, smite their wolf and raptor camps as much as possible you're still pressuring the map. Enemy ganks can only come from limited paths, which laners can ward out easier than normal, and will come from someone with a lower level and less gold.

The problem is that people only pay attention to kill notifications and tilt when they get camped, they'll think you're worthless even if you're making more win conditions and gold for your team and yourself than they're getting denied, and also allowing them to farm your jungle because you're farming the enemies'. It's also pretty risky when you don't have at least one strong lane matchup that can push so you have backup.

As devo, try communicating with the team or queuing up with people who know how to help you execute the strat. Playing with devo, don't tilt if you picked a lovely matchup, lose lane, or get camped. If you picked a good matchup, don't ward the wrong the side of the jungle and expose yourself to ganks or get cleaned up (that can put the enemy jungler back in the game), and be ready to fight with them or keep them from getting converged on for free if they get contested. It actually can fun and effective.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Gridlocked posted:

I had an argument with a friend over why none of the LCK players buy Devourer ever.

He said it was because they don't have time to farm the stacks. I say it's because they don't play farm-for-20-min-and-carry-junglers who want Devourer but rather ones that have Cinderhulk/Warrior/Echos and can impact the game more readily.

He was very vocal about me being stupid. He plays farm-and-carry-junglers and also is the kinda guy who will say "I can't carry this" every time we lose a game.

i can almost definitely see lck teams just loving with the enemy devourer for the entire game and making their lives miserable

also you are right, junglers aren't carry roles in pro lol and your friends an idiot.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

i can almost definitely see lck teams just loving with the enemy devourer for the entire game and making their lives miserable

also you are right, junglers aren't carry roles in pro lol and your friends an idiot.

I said they don't play carry roles and hes like "THEY PICK GRAVES GRAVES CARRIES"

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
just quote :downs: at him *1000

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I like Jhin. Owners of Cowboy Jhin: should I get cowboy Jhin?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Gridlocked posted:

I said they don't play carry roles and hes like "THEY PICK GRAVES GRAVES CARRIES"

Quinn/graves/rumble/eve building damage have all been played in competitive, they do play carries. They just don't play devourer because it can be easily punished and has a later powerspike than the other enchants

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
How do you guys play Jhin? I can't get him to work with the reload, if you cant kill someone with the final crit you just die.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I think the new last whisper is the third item after ie and rfc. He hits tanks pretty loving hard when he's able to fire four shots.

In terms of general play I dunno. I find myself on the fringe of teamfights, throwing out roots and taking potshots at the closest thing to me. It helps a bunch to have a constant auto attacker on the team to keep being a threat while you land super high damage but in bursts.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I got owned by a kog with just a pickaxe and blasting wand cause i ran out of autos. it sucked

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I got owned by a kog with just a pickaxe and blasting wand cause i ran out of autos. it sucked

Yeah his laning is also very similar. He'll get the poo poo kicked out of him while reloading so a lot of it is picking at the enemy laner then a hard engage. Your support should be the setup for any harass, be it a stun or knockup or whatever--land W, get some shots in, that's about it. On the plus side he can CS really comfortably, so no need to go insane and try to kill them, just farm up and get your items up.

oh and ban kogmaw because no way in hell should that champion see the light of day right now

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Feb 24, 2016

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
I've had pretty good success taking him mid

In teamfights play him like an assassin: stay the gently caress out and wait for CDs/engage to be blown, then blow someone up

And yeah what serv said, he scales like crazy so worst case sit under tower and farm and answer roams w/ his ult. If you get ahead (and getting ahead has been p easy in my experience because nobody respects his damage) roam and snipe kills with ult or make picks with W.

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Feb 24, 2016

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Jhin has good poke in lane and incredibly synergy with a pick composition in the midgame. I tend to build him as a caster and lean heavily in grenade in lane, trying to shove as hard as possible without missing CS just to make it hard for the other lane to all-in. Jhin gets fuuuuuucked in all-in situations.

You also need a lot of damage on your team or else your late-game is extremely vulnerable to getting run over by a tank line. Jhin does not kill tanks. Pick off squishies instead.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

What is it exactly that they changed that made things snowball so hard every game?

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

BigLeafyTree posted:

What is it exactly that they changed that made things snowball so hard every game?

All of season 6 was targeted towards that; weaker towers, longer death timers earlier, minions shove harder on their own when you're winning, more damage in masteries (maybe unintentional) means easier kills, and so on.

Ironically, it means that in pro games people tend to play very scared and avoid fighting, leading to long and boring games which was kind of the opposite of their goal.

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013

foutre posted:

All of season 6 was targeted towards that; weaker towers, longer death timers earlier, minions shove harder on their own when you're winning, more damage in masteries (maybe unintentional) means easier kills, and so on.

Ironically, it means that in pro games people tend to play very scared and avoid fighting, leading to long and boring games which was kind of the opposite of their goal.

All this and I still just had a ranked game go to 59:53 and a final kill count of 50 to 49. I want to say bronze at it's finest but most players were silver

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2106276618/39051084

I'm also falling in love with Nautilus and fear the nerfbat coming for him.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Gridlocked posted:

They do play carry junglers, but at pro level you would easily see the enemy team take the opportunity of a lovely enchant to ruin the junglers life. At low elo, Devo is fine as long as you still play the game like a normal jungler (tank, counter jungle, take objectives, etc)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nidalee is a way stronger carry jungler in pro play than any devourer jungler ever could be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

Nidalee is a way stronger carry jungler in pro play than any devourer jungler ever could be

That seemed less like carrying and more like humiliation. Nidalee is brutal in the right hands.

• Locked thread