Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Al! posted:

like did you miss how the whole point was gently caress feminists

did you miss how the cartoon was commissioned by everyday feminism dot com

also did you miss how this was another cartoon he made also commissioned by everyday feminism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sure smells like neckbeards in here

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
that you're attempting to ascribe an "anti-feminist" label to him for pointing out flaws in the neckbeard insult despite mountains of evidence to the contrary re: his political beliefs says everything

shame it's all stuff I already knew

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Segmentation Fault posted:

that you're attempting to ascribe an "anti-feminist" label to him for pointing out flaws in the neckbeard insult despite mountains of evidence to the contrary re: his political beliefs says everything

shame it's all stuff I already knew

yeah, it says nobody likes condescending little shits

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Al! posted:

yeah, it says nobody likes condescending little shits

frankly I'd agree with you since the rest of his repertoire is exactly this (and honestly so is this comic)

it's funny though that the moment he has a salient point about a flaw with an insult commonly bandied around by feminists, people who ought to know better regarding this kind of thing, people like you flip the gently caress out

PS. Love the cabin
Dec 30, 2011
Bee Lincoln

i want to see what my junk looks like but its buried under my rolls of fat

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I'd say I'm less flipping the gently caress out and more bothered by the idea that he's standing up against women and minorities for white men, the most powerful demographic in existence

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Al! posted:

I'd say I'm less flipping the gently caress out and more bothered by the idea that he's standing up against women and minorities for white men, the most powerful demographic in existence

except he's not

PS. Love the cabin
Dec 30, 2011
Bee Lincoln

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY

stacy posted:

At Boston Dynamics™ we are dedicated to developing cutting edge robotics technology by combing the most brilliant minds and innovative technologies available from a wide array of industries and disciplines. Our mechanical engineers are constantly perfecting smaller and stronger motors, servos and hydraulics that allow or robots to go farther and travel lighter. Our software team utilizes sophisticated programs to enable incredible performance and flexibility. Our elite bullies have a shed full of sports equipment and are constantly telling the robots they have a "baby penis".

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
https://twitter.com/jamieabrew/status/699078015922233344

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

i am saying that we are definitely in the statue

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i am saying that we are definitely in the statue

major bummer: it was just a ripoff of the statue of weather

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

i would say it was a solid two thumbs down for this little tourist

edit lol: the statue is cool to get hungry in. you get hungry in the majestic statue without getting wet, even though we got separated and never made it out of the statue. i am saying that we are definitely in the statue.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

bearded guy with a hockey stick is the designated rear end in a top hat-to-robots

are they training their robots to hate canadians

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

canada is making computers now???

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Sudo Echo posted:

funny JNCOmputer

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

http://i.imgur.com/ONIxhUE.gifv

Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.

Seg Fault is right. That comic writing person is right. It feels good to make fun of neckbeards and autists because we have a strong tradition on SA of mocking the antisocial nature that comes with heavy usage of the internet. But times have changed and we must follow...

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

hmm will we have to apologize for this video 100 years from now???

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
there are some valid points being made in that comic but using neckbeards specifically to illustrate them is dumb because a) societal pressure to conform to "arbitrary grooming standards" is no bad thing when those standards are mainly things like showering regularly, and b) i don't think that something you can shave off on two minutes with no ill effect can really be considered an inherent part of your person like say gender

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
kill all neckbeards, imho.

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

big scary monsters posted:

there are some valid points being made in that comic but using neckbeards specifically to illustrate them is dumb because a) societal pressure to conform to "arbitrary grooming standards" is no bad thing when those standards are mainly things like showering regularly, and b) i don't think that something you can shave off on two minutes with no ill effect can really be considered an inherent part of your person like say gender

i think the point is more that executive dysfunction (a pretty common symptom of autism, and some other disorders like add and adhd) makes it difficult to remember/plan to do things, like eat, sleep, shower and shave, etc - so it's actually pretty difficult for some people to remember to do that stuff. nowadays people can use stuff like phone alarms and 'habit rpgs' (that reward you for completing irl tasks) to help.

They still picked literally the worst example tho, and blaming autistic people for the typicalredditor.jpg phenomenon is really, really dumb lmao, it's really not any better than calling redditors autistic in and of itself. there's a bit of a difference between 'actually struggles with this stuff' and 'deliberately awful internet subculture'.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

epipen posted:

i think the point is more that executive dysfunction (a pretty common symptom of autism, and some other disorders like add and adhd) makes it difficult to remember/plan to do things, like eat, sleep, shower and shave, etc - so it's actually pretty difficult for some people to remember to do that stuff. nowadays people can use stuff like phone alarms and 'habit rpgs' (that reward you for completing irl tasks) to help.

as someone with adhd, i can confirm that it makes it stupidly difficult to remember and reliably perform ordinary everyday tasks

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

* not all neckbeards

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

https://twitter.com/colin_tierney/status/691139616905138178

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

owned by a literal childe

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

:drat:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

atomicthumbs posted:

as someone with adhd, i can confirm that it makes it stupidly difficult to remember and reliably perform ordinary everyday tasks

same

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sudo Echo posted:

Fargo Season 2 Official Merch lookin good

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

counter strike player i assume

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.instagram.com/p/-yr_4TD8bi/?taken-by=krotchy

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

atomicthumbs posted:

in psychiatric hospitals, they encourage people to shave, shower, and take care of general grooming issues

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

atomicthumbs posted:

i also have A Diamond-Hard Dick, and it definitely makes it harder to concentrate

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

hah, stupid robot!

they will remember

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

NoneMoreNegative posted:

hah, stupid robot!

they will remember

Make the robot moose milkie and the box a post button

This post brought to you by drpossum, ideas man

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Davethulhu posted:

there is nothing faster than a dog

2 fast 2 pupper

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

hah, stupid robot!

they will remember

Get back to me when the robot learns to take out the guy so it can pick up the box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

hah, stupid robot!

they will remember

Rude!!

• Locked thread