Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
He's not even married to the bride's mother. Why would he walk her down the aisle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vartiter
Nov 15, 2008
I think he's within his rights not to pay for a wedding that he's basically not going to be included in, he just went about it in the most immature way possible.

But, of course, without that part, we wouldn't get to see those bitches getting put in their place and circlejerk over how evil women are. Which is the whole reason this guy made this up shared this 100% real experience.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

quote:

Step Dad

Why does my crush step-daughter only love guys dads who are assholes? Can't she see that I'm much better for her? I'm so nice and I pay for everything but she refuses to dump her boyfriend and date me shut her real dad out and consider me her new father. Man, women are such stupid bitches.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

stdh.txt - WickedHate making a characteristically dumbass post and people not writing up huge screeds about why exactly they're wrong

WH is like a fourteen year old IRL with the brain of an eight year old, why would you bother?

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Leon Einstein posted:

He's not even married to the bride's mother. Why would he walk her down the aisle?

This is what I was thinking too. From what he said, he never married her mom and let them move in with him. It feels like he never thought of them as family and then gets angry when they treat him the same.

He's such a whiny little bitch though, there is no way this happened.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

MonoAus posted:

What the gently caress does this poo poo even mean?

why?!

I think it's a way to go 'important' places and be treated like a celebrity. So they can all get in to something for free. Of course, the only place a bunch of tropers in black longcoats and glasses would be going for free is the county jail.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Ryoshi posted:

stdh.txt - WickedHate making a characteristically dumbass post and people not writing up huge screeds about why exactly they're wrong

WH is like a fourteen year old IRL with the brain of an eight year old, why would you bother?

Maybe at some point, 10 years from now, they might think back and have an experience like this?

Edit: content:

Anil Dikshit has a new favorite as of 06:18 on Feb 23, 2016

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

kizudarake posted:

Maybe at some point, 10 years from now, they might think back and have an experience like this?

Edit: content:

why woudln't you like, leave the restaurant

like why would you stay there and give them your money lol were you seatbelted in?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

sweeperbravo posted:

like why would you stay there and give them your money lol were you seatbelted in?

Because then you can't play the victim (of something that never happened)!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

sweeperbravo posted:

I imagine it would be hard to get a table at a nice restaurant on Valentine's Day without a reservation.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Pththya-lyi posted:

I imagine it would be hard to get a table at a nice restaurant on Valentine's Day without a reservation.

That is true, but if I was being badly abused by staff we'd be heading out to go pick up a pizza pie somewhere else

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Pththya-lyi posted:

True, but I think cooking together at home would be way more romantic than having a cook try to convince you to let him gently caress you straight.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Hell, if any chef starts talking about how he wants to gently caress you, that's your cue to a) Speak to the manager, b) Leave, c) a and b.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

quote:

This happened last night, not today, but still less than 24 hours ago.

So my husband LOVES birds, all kinds of birds. He thinks they are great. He is especially fond of ducks. Last night while he was in the kitchen prepping a snack, I thought it would be fun to change the desktop photo on his laptop (he had left it open on the couch). I found a cute duck picture, made it his desktop background, set the laptop back on the couch, and made my way innocently back to the kitchen table where I had also been having a snack.

My husband finishes his snack a little while later and heads back to the couch while I remain at the table. He pulls his computer towards him and goes, "OMG honey look! Ducks!" As he stands up holding his laptop and tries to come to me, he trips and falls over the glass end table we have, shattering it. If that wasn't bad enough, he fell onto his macbook, smashing it completely open and crushing it. If that also wasn't bad enough, he also broke his wrist because of how he fell on it since he was holding the laptop.

I feel like a terrible person, but my husband still loves ducks.

TL;DR: My husband got so overexcited over a picture of ducks I procured that he broke himself, a table, and his macbook.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Scathach posted:

Grown-rear end man breaks everything because he saw ducks on his computer.

I (obviously) love birds too but Christ, is the husband mentally a toddler? :psyduck:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Rahonavis posted:

I (obviously) love birds too but Christ, is the husband mentally a toddler? :psyduck:

It works if I imagine it as a scene from a Steve Martin movie.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Tell me about the ducks, George.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Geniasis posted:

It works if I imagine it as a scene from a Steve Martin movie.

This is exactly where they got the idea.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pththya-lyi posted:

I want to know of this nice restaurant that can feed 2 people on VD for $50.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

NESguerilla posted:

O'Charley's

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

NESguerilla posted:

White Castle

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

NESguerilla posted:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/asahi-japanese-steakhouse-lafayette

That's also probably why they didn't bolt: it's a teppanyaki deal where you're seated with others at a grill table and ordering a set menu.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

NESguerilla posted:

The STD Grill?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Rahonavis posted:

Betting this story came from Tumblr. It's only natural to assume everyone else has your mentality maturity.

Speaking of Tumblr, this totally happened.

And the entire capitol applauded.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
If that man existed, which he probably didn't, he would be stupider than my one friend who thought women all menstruated on the full moon, like weird vaginal werewolf/vampire hybrids.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

If that man existed, which he probably didn't, he would be stupider than my one friend who thought women all menstruated on the full moon, like weird vaginal werewolf/vampire hybrids.

Please don't doxx me.

The luxury tax square is kind of a thing here in glorious :australia:. Necessities are exempt from our sales tax but pads / tampons aren't they're considered more of a luxury item.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Birb Katter posted:

The luxury tax square is kind of a thing here in glorious :australia:. Necessities are exempt from our sales tax but pads / tampons aren't they're considered more of a luxury item.

Like that in Canada, too, until last summmer. I know the previous opposition parties were all trying to get that changed while the government would just say "I thought you liked oppressive taxes, you leftist scum!"*

*paraphrase, but not by a lot and it was annoying enough reading Parliament minutes the first time.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I dunno, we do live in a world where an Idaho representative thought you could have a woman swallow a camera to see her fetus/unborn child, so....

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Someone Awful! posted:

I dunno, we do live in a world where an Idaho representative thought you could have a woman swallow a camera to see her fetus/unborn child, so....

Man, that's gotta be the most used headline in the world by now. :smith:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

The caption claimed that a ten-year-old drew this.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

WickedHate posted:

Man, that's gotta be the most used headline in the world by now. :smith:

You'd be better off reporting the times when they actually understand how anatomy works, to be honest...

bringmyfishback posted:

The caption claimed that a ten-year-old drew this.

There's a guy on deviantART who is frequently banned (and just as frequently re-regs) whose entire life's work is basically this only the art is arguably worse and the sexual undertones are a bit more obvious.

e: :nws:This is the one, NSFW for cartoon boobies:nws:

CROWS EVERYWHERE has a new favorite as of 14:15 on Feb 24, 2016

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Wow Liefield must have taken some classes his art has really improved

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

quote:

Have Your Reservations About Your Reservation
Travel Agency | Dublin, Ireland | Employees, Lazy/Unhelpful, Tourists & Travel

(It’s my first time traveling alone, and I make all the arrangements myself, triple-checking everything because I know I won’t have anyone I know in the country when I arrive. I’m assured that everything will go as planned. Once I’m off the plane though, I can’t seem to locate my hotel, and it does not appear on any maps, nor has anyone I speak to heard of it. Hysterical because now I’m penniless and stranded halfway round the world, I finally get directions from a different hotel, who informs me the one I’m looking for has changed their name. Understandably angry, I call the agency.)

Me: “Why was I not informed that the hotel’s name had changed? That’s kind of important!”

Agent: “Are you unhappy with the service we provided?”

Me: “Yes, I’m unhappy! I was wandering around Dublin with my suitcase for three hours, trying to find somewhere that doesn’t exist!”

Agent: “Was your reservation to your liking when you got there?”

Me: “Yes, eventually. My point is—”

Agent: “Then there’s nothing I can do. Have a nice day.”

(They hung up on me, without even apologizing for their mistake.)

"I make all the arrangements myself" apparently means asking a travel agency?
Triple-checking means 'not knowing the address or phone number of the hotel you're staying at?'

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tunicate posted:

"I make all the arrangements myself" apparently means asking a travel agency?
Triple-checking means 'not knowing the address or phone number of the hotel you're staying at?'

It's a reverse NAR story. Amazing.

gaydad
Mar 23, 2015

This came out on my Facebook trending. Even though it sounds pretty STDH.txt, I'm guessing it actually happened?

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Just read the story. There were dogs on the flight and the child was breaking out in hives from the proximity to animals. They couldn't leave until the kid stopped sneezing and poo poo, so the plane was being delayed. Airline travel has a knack for turning people into isn't assholes.

Legally if someone is so allergic to animals that they get that bad just being on the same place as them, it's the legal responsibility of the company that provides the service. I would assume they're putting the family on another plane with fewer animals on board. It's also irresponsible as a parent to not have Benadryl on hand if your child has allergic reactions this severe to animals.

It's poo poo that did happen, but poo poo that we aren't getting entire story on.

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

Eponine posted:

Just read the story. There were dogs on the flight and the child was breaking out in hives from the proximity to animals. They couldn't leave until the kid stopped sneezing and poo poo, so the plane was being delayed. Airline travel has a knack for turning people into isn't assholes.

Legally if someone is so allergic to animals that they get that bad just being on the same place as them, it's the legal responsibility of the company that provides the service. I would assume they're putting the family on another plane with fewer animals on board. It's also irresponsible as a parent to not have Benadryl on hand if your child has allergic reactions this severe to animals.

It's poo poo that did happen, but poo poo that we aren't getting entire story on.

http://www.drugs.com/zyrtec.html

I take it, my Sphynx cat takes it. I take it because I'm allergic to pine resin and pine pollen which I induced in myself after years of soldering. Substitute solder is available (and twice the price) but substitute basically-everywhere-outdoors is not. I am dependent on it if I don't want sneezing fits every time I leave the house.

My cat takes it because she is allergic to people, or rather, a lot of the fabrics and conditioners in people clothes. When I need to travel with her I make sure she takes it. The hives are ugly as gently caress otherwise.

So yeah I'll be the rear end in a top hat who doesn't understand why the kid just can't take antihistamines. I'm also the rear end in a top hat who has taken cats on planes and trains.

Do antihistamines not work in some people or something?

You effectively can't do anything about dogs on planes. You can pick a carrier that doesn't allow dogs or cats as carry on luggage but you can't do anything about service dogs being present. The allergy needs to be medicated if the kid ever wants to be able to even leave the house.

The people "clapping towards the back" were probably the people harbouring the tiny dogs or cats in a carrier, that's where I've been typically told to sit with a cat when I've had to transport them. Pet owners can be total assholes about anyone who is adverse to their pet.

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

Paladinus posted:

NAR has a whole site dedicated to bad workers. There's like, 5 different "Not Always X" sites. There's one that's pretty much entirely devoted to banal poo poo someone's friends did and in-jokes.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Oh, in retrospect it makes total sense. After all, how could you use the yellow pages to look up [Name of Hotel]?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Retro Access posted:

http://www.drugs.com/zyrtec.html

I take it, my Sphynx cat takes it. I take it because I'm allergic to pine resin and pine pollen which I induced in myself after years of soldering. Substitute solder is available (and twice the price) but substitute basically-everywhere-outdoors is not. I am dependent on it if I don't want sneezing fits every time I leave the house.

My cat takes it because she is allergic to people, or rather, a lot of the fabrics and conditioners in people clothes. When I need to travel with her I make sure she takes it. The hives are ugly as gently caress otherwise.

So yeah I'll be the rear end in a top hat who doesn't understand why the kid just can't take antihistamines. I'm also the rear end in a top hat who has taken cats on planes and trains.

Do antihistamines not work in some people or something?

You effectively can't do anything about dogs on planes. You can pick a carrier that doesn't allow dogs or cats as carry on luggage but you can't do anything about service dogs being present. The allergy needs to be medicated if the kid ever wants to be able to even leave the house.

The people "clapping towards the back" were probably the people harbouring the tiny dogs or cats in a carrier, that's where I've been typically told to sit with a cat when I've had to transport them. Pet owners can be total assholes about anyone who is adverse to their pet.

Honestly the more I think about it, the less likely it is that people even knew what they were clapping for. They were being delayed, the source of the issue was removed from the plane and they could get on with the flight.

• Locked thread