Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Decrepus posted:

The spitfire jet fighter was known for its small wings and sharp edges.

I'm betting the next desk will be slightly thinner and talk about the laminar flow of the wings on the legendary Italian Bf-109.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

hardycore posted:

is my lack of faith in croberts the reason for my relationship failures?

Crobberts has his Pusher, and he made his most awesome film; The Wing Commander, so yes. You must have more faith in the Chris Roberts. He shows us light, the way and how to life.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Timothy Oulton - Aviator Gentlemen's Wardrobe
£11100.00
"outfitted in black faux suede"

Eleven thousand quid for a cupboard with fake leather insides.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ben will be the first to experience the "Fully realized" death mechanics associated with Star Citizen

:smith:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I like this

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Berious posted:

when the house of cards collapses its your duty as a brother to tease him about jpeg for the rest of his life

I heard one of the former mods made enough to buy a new car. though could be just rumor.

But tease the poo poo out of him. Cant ever live SC down. Say dont some of them have tattoos?

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Timothy Oulton - Aviator Gentlemen's Wardrobe
£11100.00
"outfitted in black faux suede"

Eleven thousand quid for a cupboard with fake leather insides.

Add some spikes and electricity and it is fit for the stimpire - The Iron Sandi I would call it.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Decrepus posted:

The spitfire jet fighter was known for its small wings and sharp edges.

Along with its propeller and total lack of jet engines, yes.
This designer guy does fit in with the SC crowd...

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm betting the next desk will be slightly thinner and talk about the laminar flow of the wings on the legendary Italian Bf-109.

The Bf-109's advantage was always it's climb rate (as flown by non-Italians). Will climb rate be properly modelled in a vacuum? I want to know.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

For reference, what 19th century American iceboxes actually look like.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/306737424592702602/

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hello. My name is Christopher Robin and I am the author of Star Wars, Star Trek and The Fault in Our Stars. My next project is the best game where you can call someone gay online. Please, donate money. We accept pounds, dollars, and Australian dollars only!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

Hello. My name is Christopher Robin and I am the author of Star Wars, Star Trek and The Fault in Our Stars. My next project is the best game where you can call someone gay online. Please, donate money. We accept pounds, dollars, and Australian dollars only!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

If Cloud Imperium made football games:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Nien posted:

The Bf-109's advantage was always it's climb rate (as flown by non-Italians). Will climb rate be properly modelled in a vacuum? I want to know.

Well, theres no centrally-mounted cannon or automatic slats so it won't have the true essence of the 109.

I should've said the Russian Avro Arrow, or maybe the Spanish A6M Zero...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Yay, I got back just in time to be mad about lovely furniture!

My favorite is the Blackhawk Chest which features "rounded edges and unique drawer handles are reminiscent of the curved lines of the famous Black Hawk helicopter"... kind of.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Well, theres no centrally-mounted cannon or automatic slats so it won't have the true essence of the 109.

I should've said the Russian Avro Arrow, or maybe the Spanish A6M Zero...

I wonder if we should introduce them to the concept of wing-ripping, even if its not an issue without atmosphere.
How many spaceships would they remodel to have it?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

My favorite is the Blackhawk Chest which features "rounded edges and unique drawer handles are reminiscent of the curved lines of the famous Black Hawk helicopter"... kind of.

Reminiscent of Pudge from DOTA2.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I wonder if we should introduce them to the concept of wing-ripping, even if its not an issue without atmosphere.

All of them!

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Beet Wagon posted:

can ben or lando fit in there - I think that is a requirement for the stimpire right?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mr.Tophat posted:

I think you mean, critique.

Why yes, I've never made a videogame, was it that obvious? :haw:

I have made videogames, and :siren:as a developer:siren: of lovely games I can use my expertise to identify other lovely games, like LoD. It may be focused to please a very special niche group but, at 5 million dollars, you need 100k people paying 50 bucks per head (and somehow not sharing any of that money with anybody else) to recoup your investment, which is not what really niche games tend to sell.

Of course, Derek knows his audience better so maybe he did indeed find a group of people who are craving that stuff and will pay plenty of :10bux: for the tactical advancement kit lvl IV. Personally, I would buy the level one just to be the proud owner of a SCAT pistol.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe
Surely that furniture company has got to be related to the CIG/RSI corporate spaghetti structure in some way

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/StarPlaysGames/status/702466442164314112

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Historical inaccuracies aside am I the only one who thinks that every single one of these 'pieces' looks like absolute dogshit and not worth even a quarter of the asking price? That 'blackhawk' box for example just looks incredibly poorly made

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Banano posted:

Historical inaccuracies aside am I the only one who thinks that every single one of these 'pieces' looks like absolute dogshit and not worth even a quarter of the asking price? That 'blackhawk' box in particular just looks incredibly poorly made

No, they are quite expensive and therefore they look good. Have you no taste?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Beet Wagon posted:

lol at the idea of furniture for men

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Yolomon Wayne posted:

The ships are supposed to be capable of planetary landing, no?

Can't wait to see people trying to dogfight and crashing constantly.

Then complain to CiG that they keep blowing up and that it should be nerfed, to which they'll force an 8 minute landing procedure on everyone who wishes to land.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Banano posted:

Historical inaccuracies aside am I the only one who thinks that every single one of these 'pieces' looks like absolute dogshit and not worth even a quarter of the asking price? That 'blackhawk' box for example just looks incredibly poorly made

Every time I see one of those assembled monstrosities I can only imagine the sad, dimwitted customer who can't help but think "WOW! I own part of a Spitfire!"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Happy Sisyphus posted:

lol at the idea of furniture for men

If you had huge balls and a foot long penis, you'd understand the struggle of a regular man.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Banano posted:

counterpoint:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

counterpoint:

This isn't a gif!

I kept waiting for the part where it crashes down on the guy like in the movie

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

This isn't a gif!

I kept waiting for the part where it crashes down on the guy like in the movie

That feature isn't cut, it's just not a development priority right now.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The ships are supposed to be capable of planetary landing, no?

Quoting the last 10FTD "we are still building on the mechanics of planetary landings and deciding which ships will be able to land on planets" :unsmith:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

darkarchon posted:

Quoting the last 10FTD "we are still building on the mechanics of planetary landings and deciding which ships will be able to land on planets" :unsmith:

That's one of those innocent comments with a lot going on beneath the surface. For starters, if you're going to only allow certain ships to land on planets, yet again you've invoked the P2W aspect of Star Citizen - so now you can continue to fleece backers who could have thousands into the game, but the lottery that is their cash shop didn't tell them what their ships could be used for, so now they have a fleet that can't access a huge advertised part of the game. I guess they'll have to buy more ships!

"Building on the mechanics" is one of my favorite developer phrases, because it implies proper procedure and gives a sense of progress, but it's absolutely meaningless where Star Citizen is concerned. Which mechanics do you already have, and upon which you claim to be building? Have you actually built a planet yet? Have you worked on atmospheric effects? Will the gravity on the planet have an effect on flight performance? If so, what effect? Have you, in fact, done anything at all?

I would think at this point they should be able to, at minimum, create a completely featureless sphere, and show that they can land a ship on it. They claim their video was in-engine footage, so something absolutely barebones should definitely be workable. Those are the mechanics they should be building on, yet we see nothing. It's almost as if they have nothing to show.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

redwalrus posted:

The cost of material for this table were approx. ($275) 250€
http://imgur.com/a/GK4HQ

The tetanus is free!

Banano posted:

Honestly I thought the desk in and of itself was pretty cool and might make for a good centerpiece of an office depending on your profession, but the majority of the stuff is terrible and ugly.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

What Can I Expect If I Jump In Today?

Star Citizen: You can savely forget about that

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

"No-one seems to want to watch the stream, and no one seems to want to fight".

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The tetanus is free!

Honestly I thought the desk in and of itself was pretty cool and might make for a good centerpiece of an office depending on your profession, but the majority of the stuff is terrible and ugly.

But at that price point you could also just get Herman Miller everything and impress people who have a more subtle design sense than 'yuge, luxurious and chrome'

HookedOnChthonics fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Feb 24, 2016

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

darkarchon posted:

I don't understand game development but shouldn't all of this have been decided, say, 3 years ago?

Remember when they posted pictures of them modelling the economy using bits of paper, like a board game? I suppose Chris changed his mind and threw all that poo poo out. Or they were just bullshitting and scribbled LOLFARTS on a bunch of post it notes to look productive

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Didn't realize they released a patch for 2.2 already. Guess it only clocks in at 24 gigs.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319594/2-2-0a-pushed-to-ptu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
You'd have to pay me to use one of those ridiculous Spitfire(?) desks. Honestly, if Chris Roberts is going to waste his backers' money on frivolous poo poo, he should at least start by hiring an interior decorator.

• Locked thread