Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mendicant
Sep 22, 2015

by zen death robot

Zwabu posted:

How the hell does Rubio not even give a talk to his supporters and campaign worker bees at the end of the night, there was only one race.

Even if you get your rear end crushed shouldn't you appear just to thank and acknowledge all the grunts who put in all that work for you? Campaign strategy notwithstanding isn't it just basic decency and being a good person? Between this and the CPAC deal I wonder wtf is up.

rubio is just actually irl lazy

and thirsty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Then who the hell is voting for him Marco?

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Mendicant posted:

clinton, carly, cruz or oval office?

those are all words you will not be probated for saying nor are they word filtered

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Full Battle Rattle posted:

If super tuesday is a Trump blowout then any hope they had of retaking the election is pretty much done. Then again, they are characterized by a deep, pathological denial of reality so who knows, really.

Any hope they had of retaking the election is long since gone. THey spent too much time slapfighting between each other that trump is everyone's #1 second choice. Even if cruz and rubio team up, they're going to continue to bleed voters to trump until they concede.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

radical meme posted:

Then who the hell is voting for him Marco?

Not technically the majority of voters yet. Once either rubio or cruz drops he'll have a flat majority.

Mendicant
Sep 22, 2015

by zen death robot

AllanGordon posted:

those are all words you will not be probated for saying nor are they word filtered

poo poo, you know, I loving made a thread about it. I'm an idiot.

c.u.c.k!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743121

lol with the word filter now its pretty hosed up

Mendicant
Sep 22, 2015

by zen death robot
cu.ck a man once, and you frustrate him for a day
teach a man to cu.ck and you made him a republican for life

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

The Chairman of the ACU was on the Morning Joe today to talk about CPAC. Ted Cruz called before invitations were sent out to make sure he got to attend. Trump RSVPed within 15 minutes of getting the invite. Rubio is still non-commital, even after yesterday's debacle.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Zwabu posted:

How the hell does Rubio not even give a talk to his supporters and campaign worker bees at the end of the night, there was only one race.

Even if you get your rear end crushed shouldn't you appear just to thank and acknowledge all the grunts who put in all that work for you? Campaign strategy notwithstanding isn't it just basic decency and being a good person? Between this and the CPAC deal I wonder wtf is up.

He doesn't give a gently caress and is showing his laziness now that it's clear he won't be handed the nomination without doing anything.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

AllanGordon posted:

Once he noticed that the bad words didn't work on you he started to break down and start heading towards a weird direction that has some of the smell of the forbidden c-word.

the second post he quoted I made before the first, and the reason I am convinced he's a racist is that when he found out my wife was an immigrant he immediately called her a whore. I really do try to take people seriously, even people with whom I disagree, but The Saurus is a nasty little creep and if he can't even try to be decent I don't know why I should bother with him.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

QuoProQuid posted:

The Chairman of the ACU was on the Morning Joe today. Ted Cruz called before invitations were sent out to make sure he got to attend. Trump RSVPed within 15 minutes of getting the invite. Rubio is still non-commital, even after yesterday's debacle.

Lol

I am in love

With this election

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

AllanGordon posted:

the man married a goddamned prostitute. his household budget depends in a very literal sense on being cuckolded day and night

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Reminder that 538 did their "This is the path to the nomination for Trump, Cruz, and Rubio, accounting for which states are favorable to them."

By this time, Cruz was "supposed" to have 74 delegates. He has 17.
By this time, Rubio was "supposed" to have 33 delegates. He has 16.
By this time, Trump was "supposed" to have 72 delegates. He has 82.

Trump is the only candidate to be even within 50% of the projected glide slope to a first ballot nomination.

At the end of Super Tuesday (624 delegates available), the goals are:
Cruz: 398 (needs 62% of available delegates to get on track)
Rubio: 224 (needs 34% of available delegates to get on track)
Trump: 318 (needs 38% of available delegates to remain on track)

There are two tickets out of Super Tuesday, and Cruz needs a miracle to grab one of them.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
any day now ! A constant loser lazy idiot will take the lead ! Any day now ! just keep waiting ! It's TRUMP

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Let's dispel with this fiction that the majority of republican voters don't know what they're doing. They know exactly what they're doing.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Pon de Bundy posted:

any day now ! A constant loser lazy idiot will take the lead ! Any day now ! just keep waiting ! It's CURRENT YEAR

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Forums Terrorist posted:

the man married a goddamned prostitute. his household budget depends in a very literal sense on being cuckolded day and night

this is not a thing you should say

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Mukaikubo posted:

Reminder that 538 did their "This is the path to the nomination for Trump, Cruz, and Rubio, accounting for which states are favorable to them."

By this time, Cruz was "supposed" to have 74 delegates. He has 17.
By this time, Rubio was "supposed" to have 33 delegates. He has 16.
By this time, Trump was "supposed" to have 72 delegates. He has 82.

Trump is the only candidate to be even within 50% of the projected glide slope to a first ballot nomination.

At the end of Super Tuesday (624 delegates available), the goals are:
Cruz: 398 (needs 62% of available delegates to get on track)
Rubio: 224 (needs 34% of available delegates to get on track)
Trump: 318 (needs 38% of available delegates to remain on track)

There are two tickets out of Super Tuesday, and Cruz needs a miracle to grab one of them.

Yep. I think at this point the path to the nomination for Rubio is literally just getting it at the convention. I mean, Trump could collapse somehow but I don't see it happening. What would actually stop Trump voters from voting for him?

MarcoRubio
Feb 3, 2016

Are you ready for a New American Century?
Good morning, America. I'm just so delighted to wake up here, feeling very refreshed, in the great state of Michigan, a state that has suffered so much under the disastrous policies of the Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton administration. And you know, it always brings a smile to my face to see my face to see another victory. Thank you, Nevada, for your support while we try to create a New American Century.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

rear end cobra posted:

Lol

I am in love

With this election

Also, Brietbart is claiming that Kasich will now attend CPAC, but it's Brietbart so who knows if that is accurate information.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

jackofarcades posted:

What would actually stop Trump voters from voting for him?

"I won't build a wall"

Mendicant
Sep 22, 2015

by zen death robot
cruz: canadian cu.ck
rubio: thirsty cu.ck
jeb: cu.ckservative supreme
kasich: cu.ckich
carson: honest, but increasingly irrelevant
trump: the only candidate who remains America's honest, committed, willing lover

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

rear end cobra posted:

"I won't build a wall"

"Mexico will pay... half."

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

TyrantWD posted:

Trump can't attack Hillary on policy. Bernie can because he is attacking from the left. Even when it comes to big money donors - Trump was one of those big money donors.
That's exactly how he'll attack Hillary -- "I was one of those big money donors. I know how the system works. I know how politicians are bought and sold. I know how Hillary was bought and sold."

Even if he starts taking GOP/SuperPAC money after securing the GOP nomination, he can say he got to that point on his own and that let's him be discriminating in picking and choosing who he takes money from and listens to, because he doesn't owe anyone anything. He'll say lobbyists are queuing to get an audience with King Trump, instead of him slavishly kneeling to the Adelsons and Kochs of the country in hopes of patronage. I'm sure he'll use the word "deal" a lot. Meanwhile, he can point to Hillary and show how much lobbyist money she took just to get the nomination.

If it's a Trump versus Hillary contest then it will be Trumps to lose. Bernie would have a better chance against him, but he's not getting the nom.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

this is not a thing you should say

honestly you make good posts in tg but defending you was a happy accident, i mostly just want the saurus to eat poo poo for being the most contemptible poster itf

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine
Petition to quarantine both posters DAD I LOST MY IPOD and The Saurus in their own thread (until we figure out what's going on)

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Everything about this election has been designed for Trump to win.

maybe there is some kind of illuminati out there because with the field how it is on both sides I don't know how else to explain it.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

as halfway crooks posted:

Petition to quarantine both posters DAD I LOST MY IPOD and The Saurus in their own thread (until we figure out what's going on)

bring back thunderdome

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Assuming Trump still overpolls by a bit and gets a minority of the vote from non-top-3 dropouts and Cruz collapses...

Super Tuesday States:

Alabama: No poll since December, which had Trump +20. Probable Trump win.
Alaska: No poll since January, which had Trump +4. Possible Trump win.
Arkansas: 1 early Feb. poll showing a 3 way tie. Tossup.
Georgia: Two February polls show Trump +12 and Trump +9. Possible Trump win.
Massachusetts: February poll shows Trump +34. (Very) Probable Trump win.
Minnesota: No poll since January, which had Rubio+2. Probable Rubio win.
Oklahoma: February poll shows Trump+5. Tossup. (since it's a low-turnout caucus state, I'm not saying it's probable for anyone)
Tennessee: No poll since NOVEMBER, which showed Trump +4. Tossup.
Texas: February poll shows Cruz +8. Possible Cruz win.
Vermont: One really bad February poll shows Trump +15, but it's really close to NH, so Probable Trump win.
Virginia: One February poll showed Trump +6 over Rubio. Tossup.
Wyoming: No polling, and I'm not sure it matters, but let's say Tossup.

Final total: 3 probable Trump wins, 2 possible Trump wins. 1 probable Rubio win. 1 possible Cruz win. 4 tossups.

It's hard to see a way Trump doesn't take a majority of the Super Tuesday states barring an epic collapse over and above my relatively pessimistic-for-Trump assumptions, and a 9-out-of-11 ( :911: ) massacre is not out of the realm of possibility.

(For the record, those 538 paths-to-the-nomination have Trump needing to win only 2 outright, Cruz needing 8, and Rubio needing 4. Again, Cruz isn't making that.)

Mukaikubo fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Feb 24, 2016

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Forums Terrorist posted:

honestly you make good posts in tg but defending you was a happy accident, i mostly just want the saurus to eat poo poo for being the most contemptible poster itf

i still don't think you should say things like that, it's needlessly personal. if the Saurus called me a dumb libtard shill I'd be all :shrug: but insulting someone who isn't here to defend themself and hasn't done anything to you is too far.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

"lol Abbott I paralyzed" jokes aside I find it pretty crazy that anyone in the Texas political power system besides perhaps Dan Patrick or Ken Paxton is supportive of Cruz.

Greg Abbot is as nuts as they come.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Mitt Romney posted:

How do you guys think Trump will do on the Feb 25th debate now that he will receive much more speaking time? I think forcing him to go into specifics is not his strong suit.

You'll be lucky if Rubeo even shows up lmbo.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

radical meme posted:

Why get rid of Nevada and keep Iowa? I mean if they really want to cut down on the crazy, and maybe they don't, they should replace Iowa also.

The Iowa caucuses are at least slightly better run than Nevada's, but the big problem for NV as a carve out state going forward is that the RNC has wanted a shakeup for a while now and the IA-NH-SC triumvirate are sticking together, but more than happy to throw NV under the bus.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
You guys, Ben Carson is in the top four!

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

AllanGordon posted:

Everything about this election has been designed for Trump to win.

maybe there is some kind of illuminati out there because with the field how it is on both sides I don't know how else to explain it.

This is really true; it's been a weird confluence of improbable factors that have led to here. Several articles have relied on the number of nominees, that split the vote and gave Trump a chance. But, that still doesn't explain why Trump has such solid support behind him. What if it is only 33%, it's still a solid 33% that hasn't faltered yet. loving amazing.

The most amazing event, to me, so far was that limp dick, totally irrelevant effort by those assholes at National Review to take Trump down. Nobody gave a gently caress that a bunch of self proclaimed "true conservatives" that most people have never heard of before wrote nasty articles about Trump. That collection of articles needs to be a preface to 2016's "Game Change" novel.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Forums Terrorist posted:

bring back thunderdome

Thundercuck

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Top four!

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

uncurable mlady posted:

It's vaguely hilarious on some level that the current schedule, which was designed to stop the loons from taking over the early nominating process, has disastrously backfired in the way it has.

And the big winner-take-all states in March are designed to seal the deal for the frontrunner without another Huckabee Santorum hanging around to peddle books and spite, it's just that the frontrunner this time around is Donald J. Trump instead of an establishment candidate.

Joementum posted:

The Iowa caucuses are at least slightly better run than Nevada's, but the big problem for NV as a carve out state going forward is that the RNC has wanted a shakeup for a while now and the IA-NH-SC triumvirate are sticking together, but more than happy to throw NV under the bus.

And it's just demonstrated to the establishment that it can't be a firewall state against insurgent outsiders or crazy fundamentalists, or am I stating the obvious?

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Feb 24, 2016

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
https://twitter.com/NolteNC/status/702468077603184641

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i still don't think you should say things like that, it's needlessly personal. if the Saurus called me a dumb libtard shill I'd be all :shrug: but insulting someone who isn't here to defend themself and hasn't done anything to you is too far.

they are following trumps example

• Locked thread