Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Torquemada posted:

thread needs some Eonwe

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Sunswipe posted:

That's pretty much a given at this point. What I don't understand is why he pitched this MMO crap instead of going on Kickstarter and saying "I'm Chris Roberts, the guy who made the Wing Commander series and some other cool games you loved. I'd like to make another one like them using modern technology. I think it'd be pretty drat awesome, and if you do to, kick in some money and we'll try and make the best spiritual sequel to Wing Commander possible." People fall over themselves to back old developers with poo poo franchises all the time. If the guy who made Clock Tower can get money to make another running away simulator, I'm sure Roberts could have raised the funds for another FMV masterpiece without making up this Star Citizen crap.

Lots of armchair kickstarter pitchers in the thread :smuggo:

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

G0RF posted:

i_still_trust_cig continues to fight the good fight, making a persuasive case for fish tank diversity and gender inclusiveness in Star Citizen.

*snip*

"excited for the starfarer which will be in our hangars in the next couple weeks"

Oh right, like when they promised it was "almost done" in August. Keep holding your breath, you won't damage your brain further or anything random brown sea member.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6400971/#Comment_6400971

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

You know what's not a joke?

That's right.

Diabetes.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

I guess laughing at Ben dying of fat is actually Ben approved

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Chalks posted:

Diabetes.

:roflolmao:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

xanif posted:

"excited for the starfarer which will be in our hangars in the next couple weeks"

Oh right, like when they promised it was "almost done" in August. Keep holding your breath, you won't damage your brain further or anything random brown sea member.
I'm just really hoping I'm not meta-trolling another meta-troll. He appeared genuinely sure the Starfarer would be coming soon (and at some point, he'll eventually be right.)

I need to refine my POV though. I ended up arguing against 1st/3rd person animation system fidelity when a true sperg would defend that costly, time-consuming, pointlessly perfectionist design decision to the death...

I'll do better next time.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

:rolleyes: this is so sad.

I assume the donuts were also part of some hi-larious in joke.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

It's Ben. Of course he's lying.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I like the way he wrote it in a really awkward way too.

It's ok guys, they... they don't mean it.. i mean... it's not... it's just a bit... it's just good.... it's a joke ok it's just a joke.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
How could anyone misunderstand our "running office joke" about our eighty pound HR chief eating heaps of cake next to a man eight times her weight?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Agreed.

One of the worst parts of Ben's job seems to be committing 100% to the defense of Sandi, regardless of the circumstances. Since she values Loyalty and Obedience above any other virtues, that is the surest path to remaining in her good graces.

Or, more accurately rendered, 'avoiding her bad tempers'.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

How could anyone misunderstand our "running office joke" about our eighty pound HR chief eating heaps of cake next to a man eight times her weight?

People say it's mean that "lol ben is fat" has become a running joke in this thread but apparently it's a running joke in their office too so I guess that puts things in perspective a bit.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Torquemada posted:

thread needs some Eonwe

Lol that made me laugh

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Ten 4 the dissapointed

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6400898/#Comment_6400898

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6400939/#Comment_6400939

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6401260/#Comment_6401260

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Chalks posted:

I like the way he wrote it in a really awkward way too.

It's ok guys, they... they don't mean it.. i mean... it's not... it's just a bit... it's just good.... it's a joke ok it's just a joke.

Hey, whatever makes him (cry himself to) sleep at night

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Will seeing "Developer" under :lesnick:'s name ever stop being funny?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Today I found out that middle-clicking in E:D gives me the ability to look around the cockpit and I saw that my character moved the throttle when I did. I was immediately so immersed by the fact that I was controlling a character controlling my space ship that I had to trigger the PVP slider and go into Solo Play for a while lest my fragile psyche be shattered by trolls.

Also lol at the fact that the pebble that started the landslide of discontent was because you aren't going to have a shoot mans game in your pew pew spaceship sim.

The citizens are revolting. And also discontent.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Oh wow.

2-3 months ago I sent some guy a PM saying that they should consider getting a charge back from their bank since they were going through hard times and they had been refused a refund.

Yesterday I made some posts criticising the game and Sandi, the first posts I've made on the forums.

Today I'm permabanned for the PM I sent.

These guys literally go through your PMs if you're a critic of the game to look for any excuse to ban you. Holy poo poo.

*edit* I sent the PM on Dec 12th. The guy I sent it to hasn't logged in since Jan 6th ( https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/210315/Seminole )

These guys are scum holy crap.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 24, 2016

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lots of armchair kickstarter pitchers in the thread :smuggo:

I just don't understand kickstarter pitching. :(

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Chalks posted:

Oh wow.

2-3 months ago I sent some guy a PM saying that they should consider getting a charge back from their bank since they were going through hard times and they had been refused a refund.

Yesterday I made some posts criticising the game and Sandi, the first posts I've made on the forums.

These guys literally go through your PMs if you're a critic of the game to look for any excuse to ban you. Holy poo poo.

I saw those posts the other day and thought that might be you. Did they actually say that you were banned for the PM?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wafflz posted:

Will seeing "Developer" under :lesnick:'s name ever stop being funny?

If you think about what will replace it you will be sad

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Mirificus posted:

I saw those posts the other day and thought that might be you. Did they actually say that you were banned for the PM?

Yeah, it said "permbanned for sending a PM encouraging another player to commit bank fraud".

Holy crap. That's really hosed up.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Duke of Goa is a fascinating case study. He is a classic SC whale. I don't have the time or patience to look through his posting history but, back when I was a backer and believer and owned only a Cutlass (for those Goons unaware of it the Cutlass is probably the single most shitted upon ship in their panoply) he came into the RSI cutlass thread and relentlessly trolled/attacked us for NOT believing in CIG... and their Vision. The change seen in Mirificus various posts where he has been screen-capped are, for me at least, an insight into the cult believer who has begun to doubt. By his own admission he is now $6 grand in the hole, and his posts have gone from passive aggressive to full on "WTF?" I suspect that at some point in the near future he will be temp/permabanned for some ridiculous or imaginary rule infraction. If that happens we should invite him to vent here because the fireworks would be deeply entertaining. I find that I cant feel too sorry for idiots like him who have invested so drat much in Crobbles inane vision, but I can feel some small degree of sympathy for him as a victim of his own idiocy.

At least that's what "I" think...

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Chalks posted:

Yeah, it said "permbanned for sending a PM encouraging another player to commit bank fraud".

It takes an unbelievable level of entitlement to call chargebacks in cases of refund refusal "bank fraud".

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chalks posted:

You know what else is fraudulent? Failing to deliver goods when you say you will and then changing the Terms of Service.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If you think about what will replace it you will be sad

Nah not really. Thousands of people die every day and I'm pretty sure a good percentage of them don't spend their lives covering for a scam.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Chalks posted:

Oh wow.

*edit* I sent the PM on Dec 12th. The guy I sent it to hasn't logged in since Jan 6th ( https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/210315/Seminole )

lol, they got me too. Don't expect them to ever talk to you about it. I've sent numerous emails with no response.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Chalks posted:

Oh wow.

please post the PM, your ban explanation, and let's get it up on CIG

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Chalks posted:

Oh wow.

That's absolutely insane.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Galarox posted:

Duke of Goa is a fascinating case study. He is a classic SC whale. I don't have the time or patience to look through his posting history but, back when I was a backer and believer and owned only a Cutlass (for those Goons unaware of it the Cutlass is probably the single most shitted upon ship in their panoply) he came into the RSI cutlass thread and relentlessly trolled/attacked us for NOT believing in CIG... and their Vision. The change seen in Mirificus various posts where he has been screen-capped are, for me at least, an insight into the cult believer who has begun to doubt. By his own admission he is now $6 grand in the hole, and his posts have gone from passive aggressive to full on "WTF?" I suspect that at some point in the near future he will be temp/permabanned for some ridiculous or imaginary rule infraction. If that happens we should invite him to vent here because the fireworks would be deeply entertaining. I find that I cant feel too sorry for idiots like him who have invested so drat much in Crobbles inane vision, but I can feel some small degree of sympathy for him as a victim of his own idiocy.

At least that's what "I" think...

Whales will be whales. He'll just go on about his 4k monitors or pure silver hdmi cables or what have you

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Chalks posted:

That's a lovely move. Not technically illegal, but in very poor taste, particularly if they just started a purge of malcontents in the hope that the rabble-rousing won't spread.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
fuckin star citizen :lol:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ZenMaster posted:

Is there any way for me to get the ban message back up once I click the cross in the corner to dismiss it? It claimed I was "reported" for it but the dude ( https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/210315/Seminole ) hasn't logged in since Jan 6th after having his "fell on hard times" thread closed. Also I don't know how to access my sent PMs if I'm banned, is it possible?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chalks posted:

Is there any way for me to get the ban message back up once I click the cross in the corner to dismiss it? It claimed I was "reported" for it but the dude ( https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/210315/Seminole ) hasn't logged in since Jan 6th after having his "fell on hard times" thread closed. Also I don't know how to access my sent PMs if I'm banned, is it possible?

You should be able to access your messages, and your ban explanation will helpfully pop up every time you log in.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

ZenMaster posted:

There's no more explanation than this message when you try to log in. They don't answer emails about it, and you can't use the forums to PM anybody.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

G0RF posted:

i_still_trust_cig continues to fight the good fight, making a persuasive case for fish tank diversity and gender inclusiveness in Star Citizen.
//pics

lol

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

this thread is still good, i don't care what anyone says.

rock on CIG, banning people for spreading the Gospel Of Chargebacks via private message

rock on Lesnick, defending terrible jokes made in poor taste at his literal physical expense

rock on new hot CIG community mama, please get out while you still can

ROCK OVER LONDON,
ROCK ON CHICAGO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if The Escapist would be interested in stories of RSI forum bans for user PMs.

• Locked thread