Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Holy poo poo is Ganondorf powerful! I just racked up 4002 KOs on one of the 10 minute Rack Up Your KOs missions.

Ganondorf with Hasty Attacks has to be around the top tiers of effectiveness. He performs incredibly well in practically any situation and rips through mooks like crazy! Heck, he can even take down the Weak Point Gauge in one go without using a Special Attack for any boss not named The Imprisoned or Ganon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
...So um, I just got hit with a weird bug after my latest network connection. It won't load levels on the gamepad anymore. Instead I get a black screen or a frozen menu when I try to unpause.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I loving hate the Agitha quiz stage.

I loving hate having to do a Zant/Ganon fight and an Impa/Agitha fight as well. I forgot the last fight but I am pretty sure it's Midna/Zelda with Midna being the correct target.

I also hate how the enemies just follow you in such a way where they're just side by side.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Dizz posted:

I loving hate the Agitha quiz stage.

I loving hate having to do a Zant/Ganon fight and an Impa/Agitha fight as well. I forgot the last fight but I am pretty sure it's Midna/Zelda with Midna being the correct target.

I also hate how the enemies just follow you in such a way where they're just side by side.

Target the incorrect enemy and chuck the boomerang at them repeatedly until they fail to block it., They'll be stunned for a short time, giving you time to hopefully coax the correct enemy into revealing their weak point gauge.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Target the incorrect enemy and chuck the boomerang at them repeatedly until they fail to block it., They'll be stunned for a short time, giving you time to hopefully coax the correct enemy into revealing their weak point gauge.

GOOD

To add to this. if you can stick the incorrect dude into a corner, go to the other side, and aim the camera away from them, you can see on the minimap that they don't move at all.

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.
I'm still very slowly going through the twilight map. Has anyone gotten all the medals yet?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Okay the best way to deal with the quiz maps is to just make the potion that gives you powered up items for the entire fight and dodge spam light arrows.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Crazy Mike posted:

I'm still very slowly going through the twilight map. Has anyone gotten all the medals yet?

I'm about 2/3rds of the way through Twilight Map. I haven't used a warp yet, and the only ones sitting at silver are Ghirahim's and Agitha's rack up your KO count missions.

I expect Termina map to be way easier than this.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Oyster posted:

I'm about 2/3rds of the way through Twilight Map. I haven't used a warp yet, and the only ones sitting at silver are Ghirahim's and Agitha's rack up your KO count missions.

I expect Termina map to be way easier than this.

It is indeed easier, though a couple missions latter on are still kinda bullshit. At least Ganondorf is an easy answer for most of the missions that don't restrict characters, and even moreso if he has Hasty Attacks.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So is hyrule legends straight up a sequel and it'll get its own sets of dlc, or is it more of a special edition release that has some unique content but otherwise isn't going to get any extra dlc characters and stuff?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

FirstAidKite posted:

So is hyrule legends straight up a sequel and it'll get its own sets of dlc, or is it more of a special edition release that has some unique content but otherwise isn't going to get any extra dlc characters and stuff?

It's sorta a cross between an enhanced port and a sequel. There's been some gameplay modifications (like controlling multiple heroes in one map) and it comes with all the DLC content from the Wii U version, in addition to adding more new characters (that can be redeemed back on the Wii U version).

There's been no word on DLC for Legends, but I doubt there will be any, since we knew about the season pass for the original very early on.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

jivjov posted:

It's sorta a cross between an enhanced port and a sequel. There's been some gameplay modifications (like controlling multiple heroes in one map) and it comes with all the DLC content from the Wii U version, in addition to adding more new characters (that can be redeemed back on the Wii U version).

There's been no word on DLC for Legends, but I doubt there will be any, since we knew about the season pass for the original very early on.

Is there any word on a proper sequel then, a Hyrule Warriors 2? Did the original sell well? I'd love to see a sequel with more characters since it feels like they got a lot of basic ones out of the way in the base game and dlc but didn't get to pick out too many side characters.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Hyrule Warriors was the best selling Warriors game to date, I believe.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Takoluka posted:

I heard the dragon quest one and One Piece also got massive love. maybe even more than HyWar

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'd probably trade or sell my code, planning to get 3ds and won't get a wiiu edition.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ineffiable posted:

I'd probably trade or sell my code, planning to get 3ds and won't get a wiiu edition.

I call dibs.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Takoluka posted:

I call dibs.

i'll fite you for it m8

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hopefully the codes work that way and aren't something tied to whatever NNID you're on when you play the game, cause I doubt I'd get the 3ds game cause it doesn't look that good but being able to trade or something for a wii u key sounds fine by me

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

FirstAidKite posted:

Hopefully the codes work that way and aren't something tied to whatever NNID you're on when you play the game, cause I doubt I'd get the 3ds game cause it doesn't look that good but being able to trade or something for a wii u key sounds fine by me

I don't think anything else works like that. Pretty sure the Japanese version got codes that can be redeemed by any Japanese Wii U.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

I don't think anything else works like that. Pretty sure the Japanese version got codes that can be redeemed by any Japanese Wii U.

Oh cool! Yay!

Hopefully I'll be able to find someone willing to trade a code then so I can play as the boat :D

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Takoluka posted:

It's one of the better-selling games but it's definitely not the most successful, even pre-DQ Heroes.

What's notable about Hyrule Warriors is that the vast majority of sales came from outside of Japan, whereas most Warriors games sell primarily in Japan and do okay to terrible elsewhere.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Feb 28, 2016

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

It's an updated rerelease, but on the 3DS instead of on the Wii U. I'd imagine it'll get whatever extra DLC characters and stuff that will be made in the future.

The main changes are basically that you're able to play as more than one character now, but the level cap has also been brought back to 99 and the Adventure Maps that used to be DLC are now unlocked after clearing the previous Adventure Map. The three previous Wii U DLC characters are also now fully implemented into the game so they now have Heart Containers and exclusive Adventure Mode missions.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's one of the better-selling games but it's definitely not the most successful, even pre-DQ Heroes.

What's notable about Hyrule Legends is that the vast majority of sales came from outside of Japan, whereas most Warriors games sell primarily in Japan and do okay to terrible elsewhere.

I haven't heard much about DQ Heroes in terms of sales, but I presume it did well enough since we're getting DQVII and VIII 3DS.

But yes, Hyrule Warriors is an anomaly for Warriors games, who tend to do great in Japan and not that great elsewhere. I remember there were worries about HW underperforming in Japan, even. Once it took off though, it probably got some new blood to the Warriors series in the West.

Also, some things I noticed, but it seems that the developers do try to come up with new ways to do the Warriors moveset template. For Hyrule Warriors, the biggest changes are of course the Zelda mechanics like lock-on and the sub-items, but the addition of the lock-on also brought one subtle change to the usual Warriors moveset template: The C1 is now used as each character's special move. It can be anything from an attack (chargeable or not, but usually feels very unique from the rest) to a status buff to something changed through other attacks, etc. etc. Frankly, I like this change in comparison to other Warriors games where the character's special move is where the lock-on for HW is.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Man, there's a lot more to this adventure mode map than I initially thought.

What are some recommended methods for getting materials for upgrades? I feel like there are quite a few areas in the adventure map that my characters are way too squishy and weak to deal with at the moment. I've heard about the infinite rupee glitch, dunno if that still works or not but I imagine it'll come in useful too assuming it hasn't been patched out.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Reddit still claims it works so I guess it still works. I haven't really sat down to try it myself these days since I am still on and off unlocking things.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Man, there's a lot more to this adventure mode map than I initially thought.

What are some recommended methods for getting materials for upgrades? I feel like there are quite a few areas in the adventure map that my characters are way too squishy and weak to deal with at the moment. I've heard about the infinite rupee glitch, dunno if that still works or not but I imagine it'll come in useful too assuming it hasn't been patched out.

The Rupee Glitch still works (mostly because I've tested it for myself), not sure if it does in Legends, but eh, it still works on the Wii U version.

In general, try to find a mission where it's easy and quick to find and fight the enemy who drops the materials you want, then equip a weapon with Materials+ and/or use the Material Master potion (if you're after the Gold materials). Play through the mission a few times/reset until you get the material you want. In general, I find that "Defeat All Enemies" missions, Quiz missions involving only playable characters as opponents, and "Rack Up Your KOs" missions are your best bet.

If you're high-levelled, you may want to visit the Twilight Map and go with the missions where you choose the officer you want to ally with. This is mostly because the Twilight Map tend to drop double materials on the latter maps.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Unrelated, if they made a hyrule warriors 2, what new characters (or old characters with new weapon movesets) would you want them to include in the game?

1. Linebeck

Dude's a coward but Linebeck owns and I'd love to be able to play as him

2. Onox

Pretty much an iron knuckle but with more weapons and the ability to turn into a dragon. The axe/ball&chain combo is neat and the games need more villains imo.

3. Veran

Pretty much an evil version of Agitha but with more emphasis on transforming instead of just summoning, I guess, but I think she'd be fun to play as

4. Vaati

5. Maple

I just want to play as a witch riding around on a vacuum cleaner while crashing into people :shrug:

6. Byrne

Cool train gauntlet thing, I dig his claw hand and his design in general and it'd be fun to rocket punch people with it.

7. Toon Link with the spirit train

Hey, you can play as a great fairy, you can play as Link on Epona, and you can play as the King of Red Lions. Why not let Link have a train moveset

8. Groose

C'mon

9. Nabooru

Game needs more Gerudos

10. Majora's Wrath

Basically I want them to delve into the portable games more

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

I'd love to play as Groose or Vaati myself. Vaati would be another villain, and his element would be Lightning because hey, Wind Mage. I suppose I'd make his weapon a "Cap" which he uses to channel his wind magic.

As for weapons to give other characters, Toon Link with the Four Sword considering he's pretty similiar to FS Link's design.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Toon Link with Pom Poms is the actual right answer.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Majora as a character is intriguing, but I imagine it'd be a Giant Boss first. Then again, given Ganon Mode...

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ralph from Oracle of Ages. He is Link with a hero's spin that goes out of control. Also he has a pointy hat. He is willing to kill his own ancestors to save the world so he is cool to me.

Also I want a summoning horn weapon that summons the animal friends from the Oracle games.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bloodly posted:

Majora as a character is intriguing, but I imagine it'd be a Giant Boss first. Then again, given Ganon Mode...

I just wanna run around as buff muscular mask thing whipping people with fleshwhips

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Twinrova would be cool. Playing as two different characters and then you can combine to be a big giant force kinda like the Great Fairy.

E: Kaepora Gaebora, Darmani, Mikau, Medli, Makar, Saria, Fado would also be cool

Dizz fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 28, 2016

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want Toon Link's grandma using soup based attacks.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The GIG posted:

Three Toon Links with Pom Poms is the actual right answer.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I could get behind this

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Everything everyone already said minus the pompoms.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
What's wrong with pompoms MBD?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sahasrahla, as represented by a big golem made of sahasrahla blocks, but the golem is wearing pegasus boots

Alternate costume is the chris houlihan block

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Everything everyone already said minus the pompoms.

But the pompoms were the best suggestion of the lot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Any advice for the Goron dude level 3 weapon map? I'm 57, with a 220 weapon and loving everything takes forever to die and does shitloads of damage. I've got level 2 in every defence except for fire and shadow which is level 3.

Everything just takes so long to die :sigh:

My last attempt I took 12k damage and 19 minutes to get there.

• Locked thread