Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

I'm guessing Trump is skipping tonight's "hardcore 1-on-1 with Megyn Kelly" event?

:heysexy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Rocks posted:

oh my god it's happening.

the war between the GOP and Trump is starting.

I can't imagine Romney planning this line of attack all by himself, it's like the GOP refuses to acknowledge that sending the guy who symbolizes all that is wrong with capitalism when working class whites, even the evangelicals are the ones fueling this populist revolt is a smart thing to do. They seriously couldn't find another attack dog for this?

xwing
Jul 2, 2007
red leader standing by

saints gambit posted:

Isn't Trump just going to smack that down by citing Romney's refusal and calling him a hypocrite loser?

With the Supreme Court nomination hypocritical statements on both sides happening and how little Trump voters pay attention to his own backassward statements (a la Colbert segment)... our politics is so hosed.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Rocks posted:

oh my god it's happening.

the war between the GOP and Trump is starting.

Trump practically perfected 'show me your birth certificate, now show me your long form birth certificate, now show me your transcripts, now show me your tax return' as a narrative to delegitimize a candidate. I'd be shocked if he fell into this.

Also, who's Romney's 'we' in that interview?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

evilweasel posted:

lawl, Romney remembered how effective Harry Reid just making poo poo up about Romney's taxes was when Romney refused to release them

gently caress yes I can't wait for Harry Reid to make poo poo up and repeat it on the floor of the Senate everyday during the general again

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/702608081314816000?lang=en

Sad but true

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

The Nastier Nate posted:

If the GOP openly ratfucks Trump out of the nomination after he wins a plurality of delegates (which won't happen, they aren't that stupid)

It's hardly "ratfucking", you see it in state elections all the time. Candidate A gets a plurality of the vote on the first ballot, then all the other candidates' supporters rally around candidate B on the second ballot and A ultimately loses. It's even easier in a convention setting, since many of the delegates who are obligated to vote Trump on the first ballot may not actually personally support him.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

because then the establishment survives for another year/few years. they arnt thinking about anything other then surviving.
They're far more likely to survive with a Trump nomination. Clinton wins in a relative landslide (350+ EVs) and takes back the Senate, and the GOP goes "Well, I hope you kids learned your lesson."

If they ratfuck Trump, Clinton wins in an ABSOLUTE landslide (420+ EVs) and takes back the Senate and cuts DEEP into the GOP House majority. Then the GOP is left with a scorched earth.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Jewel Repetition posted:

Long but very entertaining article on Jeb Bush's history and why he ate so much poo poo:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/jeb-bush-and-dying-with-indignity-20160224

Quoting for new page.

quote:

A camera asks for everything and gives nothing back. It can't look worried and be assured. It can't offer a problem to be solved. Maybe Jeb's smile died on his face because the thing he aimed it toward could never smile back.

Mr. Boogie
Apr 1, 2013

Is a meat patty something or nothing?

Do It Once Right posted:

Trump practically perfected 'show me your birth certificate, now show me your long form birth certificate, now show me your transcripts, now show me your tax return' as a narrative to delegitimize a candidate. I'd be shocked if he fell into this.

Also, who's Romney's 'we' in that interview?

Him and his cats.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

It's hardly "ratfucking", you see it in state elections all the time. Candidate A gets a plurality of the vote on the first ballot, then all the other candidates' supporters rally around candidate B on the second ballot and A ultimately loses. It's even easier in a convention setting, since many of the delegates who are obligated to vote Trump on the first ballot may not actually personally support him.

yeah gl getting to explain that to the pissed off electorate that already hates you. this wont effect downticket races or anything.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Romney is a bizarre attack dog on the message of "TAX RETURNS"...

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Jewel Repetition posted:

Long but very entertaining article on Jeb Bush's history and why he ate so much poo poo:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/jeb-bush-and-dying-with-indignity-20160224

dude writes like he's masturbating to a thesaurus

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Mr. Boogie posted:

Him and his cats.

Sad but true.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

evilweasel posted:

where's the fun in needling someone who admitted they're wrong?

you get to watch them contort it into an ~adjusting models~ narrative

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Texas poll from Houston Public Media is completely at odds with the Emerson poll showing Cruz only up 1:

Cruz 35
Trump 20
Rubio 8
Carson 7

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Jewel Repetition posted:

Glad to see former goon Boniface getting good work and branching out from the Guardian.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

mike12345 posted:

Not really. He doesn't use unnecessary big words but he does use a lot of overwrought metaphors, but it's the Rolling Stone so that's to be expected.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

mike12345 posted:

well thats rolling stones for you in a nutshell.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

"You see it in state elections all the time" doesn't magically mean they can give the nomination to someone else if Trump marches in with 40-49% of the delegates and get away with it.

Anger at the GOP establishment is at an all time high and narrative is everything, the narrative will be that it's undemocratic ratfucking. It's far better to run with Trump and possibly suffer a defeat, then recover with an "I told you so" candidate in 2020. Because the only alternative is PYRAMIDS OF SKULLS, RIVERS OF BLOOD AND SALTED EARTH.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Rocks posted:

Also, the Washington Post editorial board asked GOP leaders (Ryan, Romney, George W, McCain and Bob Dole) to stand up to stop Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...omepage%2Fstory

:doh: this poo poo is so loving stupid unless President Rubio is their actual endgame. The only people dumber than conservatives trying to stop Trump right now are non-conservatives trying to stop Trump. The GOP is about to commit suicide and they're begging for the GOPe to come in and save it.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

CubsWoo posted:

Texas poll from Houston Public Media is completely at odds with the Emerson poll showing Cruz only up 1:

Cruz 35
Trump 20
Rubio 8
Carson 7
30% undecided??? Poll's worthless.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Korelle posted:

"You see it in state elections all the time" doesn't magically mean they can give the nomination to someone else if Trump marches in with 40-49% of the delegates and get away with it.

Anger at the GOP establishment is at an all time high and narrative is everything, the narrative will be that it's undemocratic ratfucking. It's far better to run with Trump and possibly suffer a defeat, then recover with an "I told you so" candidate in 2020. Because the only alternative is PYRAMIDS OF SKULLS, RIVERS OF BLOOD AND SALTED EARTH.

and then what if trump wins.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

it is

it really, really is

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

One hundred years of prosperity.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Still pyramids of skulls, but they'll be painted gold.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Jewel Repetition posted:

Not really. He doesn't use unnecessary big words but he does use a lot of overwrought metaphors, but it's the Rolling Stone so that's to be expected.

No, he used the same style in a Guardian caucus article. It's pseudo-refined and full of masturbatory mannerisms.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

mike12345 posted:

No, he used the same style in a Guardian caucus article. It's pseudo-refined and full of masturbatory mannerisms.

because he is party of the new internet left. everything has to sound much "deeper" and "sophisticated" as crapply as its written i dont think he is wrong.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
https://twitter.com/DemsRRealRacist/status/702612952591892480

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Freepers are losing it on Romney right now. Funny I remember the right losing their minds defending Romney and attacking Reid for that attack... That's what makes Romney doing this so bizarre, it's like he just reopened a wound and all the old talking points are pouring out of it.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Dapper_Swindler posted:

They get a supreme court nomination or two and defeated Hillary? You really think they won't take that?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Rubio seems a bit depressed. Maybe he should try getting a puppy?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Oiled and Ready posted:

He's got no chance at a 3/1 or a 3/15 so he settled for a 3/10

well the firsto ne was a three then he had to go for a 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2...

wow thats some amazing denial.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

@realDonaldTrump Mitt Romney hides his money in swiss banks - took photos when I saw him

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
To answer my own question: no, Trump won't be trading blows with Megyn Kelly tonight:

quote:

The two-hour special edition of the impromptu panel, The Kelly File: Face to Face with Candidates, will take place Feb. 24 at 9:00 P.M. ET. That’s the night before the next Republican debate, which will be hosted by CNN in Houston. GOP candidates Ted Cruz and Ben Carson will appear on stage on the Fox show, while Marco Rubio and John Kasich will join via satellite.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
If Marco Rubio were a puppy, he'd be making GBS threads all over the house.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Rubios 35 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz strategy.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/TeamJohnKasich/status/702530703636996096

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Montasque posted:

Freepers are losing it on Romney right now. Funny I remember the right losing their minds defending Romney and attacking Reid for that attack... That's what makes Romney doing this so bizarre, it's like he just reopened a wound and all the old talking points are pouring out of it.

Romney's specialty is being tone deaf. Like who gives a poo poo about tax filings in the GOP primary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

To answer my own question: no, Trump won't be trading blows with Megyn Kelly tonight:

If Fox thinks scheduling weekly all-candidate specials with Megyn Kelly is a smart strategy, maybe Trump should schedule weekly debates with Democratic candidates on CNN/MSNBC/PBS at the same time.

• Locked thread