Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Honestly I think the biggest obstacle to me getting better is time, if I spend a weekend just playing counter strike then by the end of it I feel like I'm playing like a maniac, but then finding time to play during the week is super tough and by next weekend I'm back to where I started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

qhat posted:

Honestly I think the biggest obstacle to me getting better is time, if I spend a weekend just playing counter strike then by the end of it I feel like I'm playing like a maniac, but then finding time to play during the week is super tough and by next weekend I'm back to where I started.
Honestly, my severe lack of aim might just be because of this. I started playing GO in 2014, around the time I started my senior year of high school. I had a lot of free time to kill so everyday after school I'd rush through whatever bullshit work I had to get through and play dm, casual, and comp for 4 or 5 hours. Over last summer it was the same deal. If I wasn't working, I'd be playing 6 to 8 hours of CS every day and I could feel myself gradually improve. However, once I got to college and had less free time and more important priorities, I've cut down severely on playing any CS, let alone comp. That probably has hurt my skill the most.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
lol @ spending hours getting better, you just need to have been born with good cs genes.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bohemian Nights posted:

lol @ spending hours getting better, you just need to have been born with good cs genes.
I am not a member of the perfect CS race. :smith:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
every swedish baby is born with skis on their feet and a claw-gripped rival in their hand

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Too bad I am an Amerifat, destined to be a toxic ESEA player for my life.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

Too bad I am an Amerifat, destined to be a toxic ESEA player for my life.

I TK'd a dude throwing on my team earlier for his AWP. I proceeded to get a 3k with no armor to win the round.

:colbert: No Shame.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
The AWP is not a gun for losers, if he wanted to not win he should have thrown it on a rooftop or something, just sayin

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Crain posted:

Hmmmm so the spell did work.

Enjoy my gn2 plays bitch

For real though, I placed gn2 which I was happy with played well and hit gn3 pretty quickly and then have spent the past 2 weeks unintentionally throwing 90% of my games by being a big baby noob that's killing my desire to play right now

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
Are the wildfire case skins gonna be tradable today or tomorrow? Waiting to get my hands on some stuff from opskins.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!
Holy poo poo HenryG's outfit is straight out of the mid-90's

https://twitter.com/MLGPuckett/status/702566897871667200

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Just played in three games in a row with a guy on my team throwing. I guess I just shouldn't queue for non-operation maps.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

It's actually impossible to just have like normal people involved with esports.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

qhat posted:

It's actually impossible to just have like normal people involved with esports.

Still, I'd rather have this than some boring ESPN-wannabe this-bomb-plant-brought-to-you-by-Allstate poo poo

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Is that the only options we get? I wish CSGO had a day9.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Think of the advertising. You'd get S&M stickers for your R8. Tons of Army Commercials for awesome CT side plays. It'd be a nightmare.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sterster posted:

Think of the advertising. You'd get S&M stickers for your R8. Tons of Army Commercials for awesome CT side plays. It'd be a nightmare.

that sounds awesome

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The inevitable reality show that follows around the nerds that got convinced it join the army after seeing CS:GO plays sounds awesome

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
VP about to be 1-11 in ESL pro league

They're gonna have to play in the relegation match just to keep their spot at this rate hahaha

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Got the anime AUG dropped during a game, FT, worth like $100 lmao

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Jeza posted:

best skin

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jeza posted:

Didn't some goon post in the thread about getting a FN Poseidon or something during Bloodhound?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Jeza posted:

gently caress youuuuuuuuu

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Bohemian Nights posted:

gently caress youuuuuuuuu

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Jeza posted:

I'd absolutely love to use that skin if it wasn't so goddamn expensive. It'd even making using the AUG worth it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Solo queued with some random good vibe dudes and had a good back and forth match on nuke, besides one dude on the other team who tk's in spawn

please dont solo queue shame mcvey

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

fennesz posted:

I'd absolutely love to use that skin if it wasn't so goddamn expensive. It'd even making using the AUG worth it.

The price might drop since they are back on the drop table so prices get a little more affordable! I thought I would invest in a FT one a few months ago, but then thought "I bet they'll just reuse the same loving drops as they did in Bloodhound" and sold it for a couple dollars loss. Turns out you should never underestimate the human tendency towards laziness.

e: prices did indeed drop a fair amount. Still not enough that anyone would call them 'cheap' though.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 25, 2016

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
gob b has whipped these young fat americans into shape, NRG is playing the most disciplined T side of D2 I think I've ever seen from an NA team against Liquid right now

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
That match killed all of my Liquid enthusiasm. All of it. All. Of. It.

If you are losing double AWP rounds with simple and koosta you have a problem.

Fauxshiz fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Feb 25, 2016

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

i was gonna set my life goal so that i would exude NA CS in every facet of my being but i'm already silver

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Is gob b an NA god or what? What the gently caress us going on.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fauxshiz posted:

It doesn't take much effort to be better than the average NA IGL.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Now NRG winning 7-1 on T side cobble against Liquid.

Fauxshiz posted:

awesome IGL but worst fragger in EU = awesome IGL but ok fragger in NA

too bad they still have silent tho.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

-silent +witmer or -ryx +witmer

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
I feel like this is less of an NA vs EU series and more of a WTF series. I don't know. I'm sad. This is the team I was hoping to facefuck the scene.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Fauxshiz posted:

I feel like this is less of an NA vs EU series and more of a WTF series. I don't know. I'm sad. This is the team I was hoping to facefuck the scene.

they dont have a real igl

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

lmao at c9 not offering gob a blank check

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
pronax.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

mcvey posted:

pronax.

yea that's #1, but gob b is also a blank check choice given the options

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I sure hope that s1mple has some bonuses in his contract, because without him Liquid would already be dead in the water.

edit: s1mple's adr that second half was 172 lmao

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 25, 2016