Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joementum posted:

*extremely Barack Obama voice*

Proceed, Governor.

On that note, I am super eager to see what this cycle's proceed governor will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

Mitt Romney posted:

Romney's specialty is being tone deaf. Like who gives a poo poo about tax filings in the GOP primary?

I don't know Mitt, why don't you tell me?Better yet, don't, You are stupid.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Rubio endorsed Hardy for President?

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Has anyone answered this question in a way that didn't sound like Marco has literally no accomplishments outside of being elected a couple times?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Has anyone answered this question in a way that didn't sound like Marco has literally no accomplishments outside of being elected a couple times?

Marco Rubio's greatest accomplishment to date is running for President, and that's why Rubio can't drop out.

If Ted Cruz would only drop out, then Marcobot 5000 could stump the trump.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I really wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. I still believe not all Trump voters are racist. Probably not most. I think there are real, and deep, economic concerns that the eventual winner needs to address.

You, however, are a racist piece of poo poo and I'm done taking you seriously.

and so another posters completes The Saurus Experience (TM)

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Wait Carson hasn't dropped out yet? I entirely forgot about him.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEoZJPHOW9M

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Mitt Romney posted:

Romney's specialty is being tone deaf. Like who gives a poo poo about tax filings in the GOP primary?

Yeah, very tone deaf. Of course FoxNews/Politco, and the other GOPe pundit types think this is some sick burn. Meanwhile the base(Trump and Cruz supporters) are currently foaming at the mouth over this.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Yes. In another interview Senator Inhofe praised Rubio for voting for the National Defense Authorization Act.

You know where this is going

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

He's never dropping out.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Montasque posted:

Romney is a bizarre attack dog on the message of "TAX RETURNS"...

Is he strapped onto the GOP's car?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I'm reminded that Trump has stated in his rally a few times that the GOP should have won 2012 but didn't, basically blaming it on Romney's inability to garner enthusiasm. So maybe Romney was eager to do this.

I would absolutely die if Trump and Romney started trading blows, omg.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

If you were getting $40,000 worth of Secret Service protection daily you'd stay in until the bitter end too

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/jimgeraghty/status/702619062698954752

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

CubsWoo posted:

If you were getting $40,000 worth of Secret Service protection daily you'd stay in until the bitter end too

Secret Service protection sounds like a gigantic pain in the rear end, honestly.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

quote:

If the Trump contingent should succeed in this endeavor, the party would not emerge refreshed or improved; it would be summarily returned to where it was languishing back in early 2009.

And if that should happen? Well, suffice it to say that it would be an unmitigated, unalloyed, potentially unsalvageable disaster. For the first time in years, the Right’s defenses would be completely destroyed, perhaps never to be rebuilt. Swiftly, the courts would be packed with ideologues; immediately, Congress would run through the remaining items on the Obama-Clinton laundry list; before the voters had a chance to stop them, the White House would usher in an irreversible amnesty; and, Trump having been turned into a pariah by a hostile press, his “anti-PC” attitude would be rendered toxic in perpetuity. The likely result of Trump’s selection as the Republican nominee, in other words, would be the entrenchment of all that his supporters claim vehemently to hate. That thrill that his acolytes would feel when they saw Trump named the winner of the primaries? It’d be gone in a matter of minutes.

:flashfap:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Trump should really bring up Ted Cruz's fuckup in December 2014 that allowed a dozen Obama appointees to get confirmed, and reiterate that Marco Rubio hasn't actually accomplished anything.

cuckservative
Feb 24, 2016

by Shine
national review trying to be relevant

fails like jeb

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Here's the video of R-Money dropping the TAX BOMB on Trump:

https://twitter.com/TeamCavuto/status/702608646073528320

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
"Let's dispel with this notion that Marco Rubio has accomplished anything. He's accomplished nothing." -Trump on four separate occasions tomorrow, or more accurately, tonight in my dreams.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

The Nastier Nate posted:

If the GOP openly ratfucks Trump out of the nomination after he wins a plurality of delegates (which won't happen, they aren't that stupid), it's every goons responsibility to write in TRUMP for president and every down-ticket ballot. I'll give you leeway to competitive house or senate races, but if your sitting in a R+20 or D+20 district, you better write in TRUMP.

No thanks I'm good

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rich dude does funky things with his taxes like literally every single rich dude in America. News at 11.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

cuckservative posted:

national review trying to be relevant

fails like jeb

I have no idea who Charles C. W. Cooke is but his twitter page identifies him as:

quote:

Writer for National Review. Author of 'The Conservatarian Manifesto.'

I am continually amazed at how many different ways these guys can contort and bastardize the term "conservative" to describe themselves and their beliefs.

radical meme fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 24, 2016

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

CubsWoo posted:

If nobody cares enough about you to come after you what's the point

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

They also serve to protect us from Carson, should he fly into one of his homicidal rages.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Nice to always have someone to talk to

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

more accurately, tonight in my dreams.

ah so it's not just me

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Do It Once Right posted:

They also serve to protect us from Carson, should he fly into one of his homicidal rages.

Just wear a belt. You'll be safe then.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
The Donald's column moves down a muddy dirt road at a leisurely pace. Suddenly a cloaked and hooded man appears from the crowd and approaches Donald's horse, walking alongside on foot. Romney pulls his hood down to reveal himself. "Where are the tax returns, Don-"

Trump shoves him away with a foot to the face. Romney sprawls in the mud. Some children laugh and throw rotten fruit at him, which pigs begin to gather around and eat as the grunt and snort.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
GOPe panic scale: 8/10

Tuesday is going to be just beautiful.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

The Nastier Nate posted:

Prince Rubis has been in the 5th stage of grief, acceptance, for quite some time. He's not as blind as every sad sack that's thrown their support behind Rubes/Jeb!/Kasich and has read the writing on the wall. He knows Trump is inevitable and the republican base has no qualms about burning the store down with all the establishment hacks inside. He has been treating Trump with kid gloves for some time, even banning the National Review, the guys who basically wrote the book on conservativism, for putting out a (horribly failed) hit piece on Trump. Look what he said today:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/270591-rnc-chairman-rips-washington-post-editorial

As far he is concerned, Trump is the nominee and he has made his peace with it. The rest of the establishment will soon follow suit, or be laughed at for backing perennial 3rd place choice Marco Rubio.

Not possible. There's a scheme, no matter how hairbrained. Some kind of last-ditch doomsday plan, at least. There has to be. Literally anything, up to and maybe including assassination will turn out better for the Republican party than a Trump candidacy. Him losing in the general election would be bad for the party, but a Trump presidency would be even worse.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
It's a long thread but has anyone shared this article? Goes through the math that says "IT'S GONNA BE TRUMP"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...he-gop-nominee/

quote:

The biggest chunk of delegates, approximately 55 percent (1,360 delegates) are doled out proportionally. Assuming that past is prologue, let’s give Trump 30 percent of these delegates, which totals 408.

Sixteen percent of the delegates will be doled out on a winner-take-all basis, meaning that if you win the state you win all of its delegates. The two biggest prizes in the winner-take-all states, which, under Republican National Committee rules, can’t hold a presidential vote until March 15, are Ohio and Florida. The former allocates 66 delegates, the latter 99. Connecticut, which allocates 25 delegates, is a somewhat special case, but, for the moment, let’s leave it in winner-take-all. (More on Connecticut below.) Given Trump’s dominance in polling in these winner-take-all states, give him all 396 delegates available.

There are 618 delegates (25 percent of the total) given out in some sort of hybrid process — a combination of winner-take-all and proportional allocation. Give Trump half of the winner-take-all and 30 percent of the proportionals. (Like we said, this is a rough calculation.) That’s 412 delegates.

Another 4 percent of delegates are allocated by conventions and caucuses. Again, assume Trump gets 30 percent, which makes for 30 more delegates. Seven percent of delegates are RNC members. It’s hard to imagine Trump winning any of these. So, zero in that category.

Add it all up and you have Trump at 1,246 delegates — or nine more than he would need to be the party’s official nominee at the party convention in Cleveland in July.

Now, I said we’d get back to Connecticut. My home state is winner-take-all IF the winner gets over 50 percent of the vote. If not, the delegates are awarded winner-take-all by congressional district with the at-large delegates being allocated proportionally to any candidate who gets more than 20 percent of the statewide vote. If Trump can’t get to 50 statewide, he doesn’t take all 25 delegates and that could mean he falls slightly short of the 1,237 he needs nationally.

Then there is the matter of Ohio. Ohio is winner-take-all, as I mentioned above, but is made more complicated for Trump because Kasich, the Republican governor of the state, is still in the race. A Quinnipiac University poll out Tuesday morning shows Trump at 31 percent in the state with Kasich close behind at 26 percent. It’s not clear whether Kasich can beat Trump in the Buckeye State or if he will be able to stay in the race all the way until March 15 when Ohio voters go to the polls. But, if Kasich could beat Trump in Ohio, you subtract 66 delegates from Trump’s 1,246 — leaving him at 1,180, and just short of the nomination.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
edit: Zeke messed up the quote.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

MaxxBot posted:

ssss

MaxxBot posted:

He has become yuge, the destroyer of the party...

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I like how the metaphors before were "we need a silver bullet", "donors must put a bullet through his head," and now it's escalated all the way to "nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I can't wait to see the unveiling of the 2017 Trump line designed by Hugo Boss next week after the big win.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
http://www.scribd.com/doc/300345886/Alabama-poll

Alabama poll from "Master Image," whatever that is. Take it with a grain of salt because it's not a pollster with a rep, but here we go.

Trump 39
Rubio 19
Undecided 17
Cruz 12
Carson 8
Kasich 7

I tend to view polls that have over 10% undecided a week before the election as junk because they're clearly calling people who aren't going to show up to vote, but it does paint a pretty compelling image. The poll suggests that the bottom has fallen out under Ted Cruz and his people are abandoning him. Remember, Alabama has a 20% viability threshold and under that no delegates.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Jewel Repetition posted:

Long but very entertaining article on Jeb Bush's history and why he ate so much poo poo:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/jeb-bush-and-dying-with-indignity-20160224

Jeb Lund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Microwaves Mom posted:

wow thats some amazing denial.

its satire

• Locked thread