Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Late model Audis see possibly the biggest aesthetic boost from running no front plate. Mean looking front end!

Edit: new page content :downs:

This was taken before a possum helped me remove the front lip. Been debating putting it back on. Yay or nay?

willroc7 fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

co199 posted:

Post your front ends.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
:911: fitting lack of front 'murica plate on your allroad

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

willroc7 posted:

:911: fitting lack of front 'murica plate on your allroad

It has one on the back.

And technically I just sold it, but it's still in my possession for another week until the buyer flies in to drive it home.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

:golfclap:

That is just disrespectful showing off.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

It's so goddamn cute :3:

Sup F150 buddy?

Yay truck stuff

The only long bed crew cab 2015 leftover in my state 'Blue Jeans' blue. Ugh.

Optioned to the nines because I'm a sissy boy who likes air conditioned farts. 10/10 would haul dirt bikes every weekend.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
I sorta miss this car, just gotta jump on the Audi front end bandwangon though

Otherwise... 3/4 count?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Spiffness posted:

10/10 would haul dirt bikes every weekend.

Pretty much why I insisted on replacing my truck (which replaced a truck) with a truck.
Except I could haul 2 different bikes a day, every weekend for a month and still not have hauled all my bikes.
I'm thinking it's time to get a horse trailer and just loving fill it with motorcycles.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Sorry about all of your subpar front ends.

(dirty as heck and I need to replace the lip cover or plasti-dip it and replace the PO's carbon fiber front badge)

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Your plate is falling off.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

co199 posted:

Post your ya tits.

the wife's, but my name is on the title too and I bought it for her

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Sorry about all of your subpar front ends.

(dirty as heck and I need to replace the lip cover or plasti-dip it and replace the PO's carbon fiber front badge)

USDM lights + grilles? Heh.

Still need to upgrade lights on the '87.

Really glad to see a real iS lip that's not destroyed on your car.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

D C posted:

Your plate is falling off.

:grin:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Mariana Horchata posted:

fuckin cars man

I know the feeling. In order by purchase date:

2008-2011, my '96 XJ:

Died: in Pennsylvania, of its second blown transmission in two years and advanced rust. Wasn't worth dragging it home to fix it.

2010-present (hasn't been registered since 2013, it's just a parts donor / 4x4 engine crane until I build the next offroad MJ), my '91 MJ:

Died: a slow death at the hands of rust and offroad abuse. Still probably my most capable vehicle offroad.
See also: 2010-present, 20,000lb lawn ornament '58 M54A2. Hasn't died yet, just restin'

2010-present, my '98 XJ:

Died: of some sort of horrible jeep curse, I fixed that fucker until it was even more broken, then found out it was VIN swapped by the previous owner to dodge a salvage inspection, gently caress YOU RED JEEP GO TO HELL

2011-present, my first '88 MJ:

Died: not yet! Awaiting pickup of its twin, the other '88 blue 4.0 2wd MJ, at which point I will decide which is cleaner and make that the streetqueen with a ridiculous engine, with the other being a replacement chassis for the '91.

2012-2013, my '01 dodge 2500 van:

Died: when the auto trans nuked itself for the fourth or fifth time in my family's ownership (I "saved" this festering turd from the scrapyard when my parents wanted it gone from their driveway) and I realized I didn't really want to put work into a rotted dented decade old dodge van with a bad transmission and bad rearend bearings.

2013-present, my other blue '88 MJ, not pictured because I still haven't seen it in person. Cross your eyes while looking at the other one, they're the same except one's a pioneer and the other's an eliminator, IIRC.

2014-present, my '00 subaru forester:

Died: gently caress I really wish it would but it's the DD because everything else is broken/a long term project

2015-present, my '94 subaru justy, presently awaiting an oil pump rebuild:

Died: not yet and I'm not going to let it, because I like it too much

Dishonorable mentions:
1994, 1996, 1999, 1995, and 1998 parts XJs
1994 dodge 2500 pickup (for parts)
half of three different MJs
half of a 1990 Subaru Justy

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Lightbulb Out posted:

USDM lights + grilles? Heh.
Really glad to see a real iS lip that's not destroyed on your car.

drat, yours look nice.
I need to replace/upgrade my headlights for non-aesthetic reasons (they are way, way too weak for my eyes), is just swapping to the euro specs sufficient?

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

365 Nog Hogger posted:

drat, yours look nice.
I need to replace/upgrade my headlights for non-aesthetic reasons (they are way, way too weak for my eyes), is just swapping to the euro specs sufficient?

I just bought the e-codes for my 318 and they're significantly better - H1s and H4s. It's what I plan to get for the car on the left. On the 325 on the right, it has the "euro smileys" which are H1s all around I think, and I like the H1/H4 combo better. But Mad Tyte GDM Looks.

I don't like the sealed beam look or light output.

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

willroc7 posted:

Late model Audis see possibly the biggest aesthetic boost from running no front plate. Mean looking front end!

Some cars just look silly with one. I've seen XK's with them and they look silly. Super silly. Audis generally look way better sans plate.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Lightbulb Out posted:

I just bought the e-codes for my 318 and they're significantly better - H1s and H4s. It's what I plan to get for the car on the left. On the 325 on the right, it has the "euro smileys" which are H1s all around I think, and I like the H1/H4 combo better. But Mad Tyte GDM Looks.

I don't like the sealed beam look or light output.

I think I need to get a set of depo lights to replace my aging projectors, but these days they're over 200 bucks (at least the last time i checked).

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

BraveUlysses posted:

I think I need to get a set of depo lights to replace my aging projectors, but these days they're over 200 bucks (at least the last time i checked).

They're $200 for a new set of e-codes, $50ea.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
But it's not Friday?

Spring can't come soon enough!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Did... did I hear a turbodiesel in that Crown Vic @ 1:40?

(Not to detract from the E34. It sounds lovely!)

edit: nope, twin turbo 4.6L: http://blog.caranddriver.com/lemons-goodbad-idea-of-the-week-twin-turbo-taxi/

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Are we still doing the front end thing? :ohdear:

Bonus poo poo GoPro vid of the AWE catback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBtyGdDCDlU

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
Reppin my flathood 245 restomod project

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
I think im a few days late to the post your BMW streak.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Yea...this is pretty much the smartest thing I have ever done.
Did my wheels in black with Plastidip over the weekend, wasn't sure how much I'd like it, turns out a lot.

But my car looks way too cute and cuddly from the front.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

ynotony posted:

Did my wheels in black with Plastidip over the weekend, wasn't sure how much I'd like it, turns out a lot.

But my car looks way too cute and cuddly from the front.

How do you like yours? Which spec is it? I'd really like a 997 for my next car.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Yea...this is pretty much the smartest thing I have ever done.

blk posted:

How do you like yours? Which spec is it? I'd really like a 997 for my next car.

It's a 997.1 C2S, I love it for pretty much every cliche 911 reason. It's just a small, focused sports car. The rear engine provides insane grip and strangely effective pendulum handling which is exciting and rewarding to drive. The controls are also dialed in perfectly -- good clutch weight, shift effort, and steering feel. The screaming induction and exhaust all behind you is not bad either. I came from a decade of BMWs, but once I drove my first 911 it was all over.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
Front end chat:

Dude Sweet
Jul 26, 2010

Unaccounted
Jul 13, 2007
Guess I'll pause my usual lurking.

Grocery getter in its natural(?) habitat

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

co199 posted:

Post your front ends.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

We can't all have fun toys.

...yet. Trading her in towards a much more fun ride over the weekend.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

afen posted:

Front end chat:

How can you do this to us? :argh:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lufiron posted:

I can't believe I never met you when I lived out in Massachusetts.

I remember us having worked for Adam S at different times/different BMW dealerships, so close I guess...he's with Tesla these days along with my brother (who's also just short of hitched to his oldest daughter) as are a lot of other former coworkers and they all couldn't be happier working for Elon aside from the long hours. My dealership days are long over but I still do miss the shenanigans that made all the other bullshit tolerable.

since i already posted my current Fiesta ST last page here's the front end of the much missed SR16VE swapped SE-R from back in the day

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 25, 2016

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Needs a through cleaning and polish, and a new ornament

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

rscott posted:

Needs a through cleaning and polish, and a new ornament

needs some euro knock off headlights. I had some cheapo DEPO ones on my '91 190E and they made a huge difference in both the look of the front end and being able to actually see at night.