Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Kin posted:

My copy arrived today too, i've not touched the demo yet (i forgot about it) but gfaqs says there's stuff that transfers over and also from the completed files of the first game.

Is it worth me quickly firing through the demo to get this or is it not really worth it and i should just jump into the main game?

The demo is fun, but if you already have the full game you should just jump into it and you won't miss much.

Just to clarify: the demo is "canon" but doesn't tell you anything important and is barely referenced in the main game as far as I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

The demo takes about 12 hours to 100%, by the time you're 12 hours into the main game you can probably afford to buy all the stuff the play bonuses would give you anyway. It's a nice little headstart if you do it before getting hold of the game but that's all.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Suaimhneas posted:

The demo takes about 12 hours to 100%, by the time you're 12 hours into the main game you can probably afford to buy all the stuff the play bonuses would give you anyway. It's a nice little headstart if you do it before getting hold of the game but that's all.
Yeah it has been fun to play through in the 2 weeks while waiting for it to release but if you have the game already just start it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DoctorX posted:

Just to clarify: the demo is "canon" but doesn't tell you anything important and is barely referenced in the main game as far as I know.

Just a couple of lines at the start, not worth delaying the main game for the story nor bonuses.

The game is really pretty and the pacing of the intro is really nice.

e: You do still get a handful of villagers every day through Update Data, unless you're running an old rear end EmuNAND and can't connect online anymore, I suppose.

e2: Incidental things, not plot related All 4 of your main characters have a unique eating animation that matches their personality :3:. Yew is all polite, Tiz is sort of generic, Edea pigs out and Magnolia plays around with it. I love little touches like that

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Feb 25, 2016

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Tiz is sort of generic

That sounds about right.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I didn't know this was even in the works. I really liked the first one, except the part where they put in a leveling treadmill instead of a real final chapter, so I never beat the game.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The first game was real good up until you basically had to play it over and over and over with the 99% same dialogue. If they can avoid that this time it would be really great.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

You could skip all the side quests if you weren't interested in seeing the little changes each time through, though.

One thing I think I'm going to miss is Ringabel. I know a lot of people found him tiresome and/or creepy but I liked his character arc in the first game.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

irlZaphod posted:

One thing I think I'm going to miss is Ringabel. I know a lot of people found him tiresome and/or creepy but I liked his character arc in the first game.

This. I also know of a friend who's going to miss him.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Folt The Bolt posted:

This. I also know of a friend who's going to miss him.

How else will we know if Agnes wore sexy clothes and whether or not it was awesome?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The game makes it very clear when you have to make a choice between [Side-Quest result/Asterisk related]Which asterisk you're going to get when you choose between two holders. You won't accidentally end up with the one you didn't want.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The game makes it very clear when you have to make a choice between [Side-Quest result/Asterisk related]Which asterisk you're going to get when you choose between two holders. You won't accidentally end up with the one you didn't want.

Wait what? This is a thing? I hope this just affects the order you get them in, and you still get them all by the end?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Suaimhneas posted:

Wait what? This is a thing? I hope this just affects the order you get them in, and you still get them all by the end?

You can get all the jobs you missed the first time around in the second half of the game.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
I caved and reordered my LE.

Why am I so irresponsible?! :smithicide:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Does anyone know what time the eshop updates? Will I be able to purchase this at midnight, or does it refresh at some time tomorrow?

Jacque Pott
Nov 6, 2010

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Does anyone know what time the eshop updates? Will I be able to purchase this at midnight, or does it refresh at some time tomorrow?

Around 1PM GMT in Europe I think.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Jacque Pott posted:

So won't be able to play it until after work tomorrow? Darn :(

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Nice to know I won't be missing out on some playing time because I got some Christmas gift vouchers and have to actually physically go to a store like it's still the 20th century to use them :v:

Edit: gently caress

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 25, 2016

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Jacque Pott posted:

The eShop updates at 3 PM CET on Thursdays. Friday releases like this are available at midnight though (so in 2 1/2 hours)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I won't be getting the game till I finish work tomorrow. It'll be a painful day...

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Downloading. :toot:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Terper posted:

Unf.... it's so tempting. :( I've already put a fiver down on my copy though. And I don't have the luxury of staying up all night playing it anyway.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Shops in my area broke street date today, but my LE is already shipped so :toot:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Terper posted:

Really? My Eshop isn't displaying it as downloadable.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

No I lied.

No I double-lied, it's at 40%. 20k blocks :arghfist::(

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Terper posted:

Would you (or anyone else who's playing the digital version) mind taking screenshots of the exclusive costumes once you get them? Vestal Garb, Knight's Tunic, Minstrel's Garb and Onion Knight Garb. Haven't found any screens of them online.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Terper posted:

No I lied.

Yeah no joke. I've had to delete both the games I actually had downloaded to make space. Ouch.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Folt The Bolt posted:

You can get all the jobs you missed the first time around in the second half of the game.

Thank goodness!

Terper posted:

No I lied.

Ah, good, it'll actually make a dent in the 110k blocks I have left on my memory card.

Why do I have this much space? Because A) why not and B) You can get 32 gb mini sd cards for, like, a tenner and below often enough.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, this game is about 2.6gig.

Still nothing compared to the Inazuma games!

Characterisation, not story:
Edea's just sort of a dick in this game.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Feb 26, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Finished Bravely Default last night so just in time for this. Holy poo poo the final boss music was insane (Along with the whole other players thing).

No idea if I want the boxed copy of this or not yet.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Dunban posted:

Would you (or anyone else who's playing the digital version) mind taking screenshots of the exclusive costumes once you get them? Vestal Garb, Knight's Tunic, Minstrel's Garb and Onion Knight Garb. Haven't found any screens of them online.

The website says that Yu's wearing the onion knight. I'd guess Magnolia's in the Knight and Edea the Minstrel?

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

The website says that Yu's wearing the onion knight. I'd guess Magnolia's in the Knight and Edea the Minstrel?

I think the Minstrel's Garb is the one you could buy for Ringabel in the first game. You get the same one for Tiz I think.

E: This one.

DoctorX fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Feb 26, 2016

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Man I was gonna wait a bit with this but hearing that Ringabel isn't in it makes me want to get it ASAP

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Hakkesshu posted:

Man I was gonna wait a bit with this but hearing that Ringabel isn't in it makes me want to get it ASAP
You don't deserve Ringabel :mad:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Dunban posted:

I will ASAP. Download took longer than I had hoped so I haven't actually started yet. Curse this non-NEET life.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Did anyone find the rumored monster that's good for grinding in the demo? It says it's in a 'special place' but I beat Baal without finding it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'll grab the boxed copy tomorrow I think. My god the jobs:
(Job spoilers) http://i.imgur.com/wQcKDCM.gif
It's adorable! :3:

At the end of the first game was my camera meant to turn on? Cause I never noticed anything.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

NLJP posted:

Did anyone find the rumored monster that's good for grinding in the demo? It says it's in a 'special place' but I beat Baal without finding it.

It's the chompers that appear on the western beach. They hit hard and run away, not worth it IMO.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Picked this up over lunch today. The collector's box is a lot bigger than I thought. Can't wait for 5 o'clock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

DoctorX posted:

It's the chompers that appear on the western beach. They hit hard and run away, not worth it IMO.
Yeah I found that you were better off just chaining battles together for JP and Exp bonuses.

I did go and finish off the Bestiary (which was annoying for enemies which don't spawn very often, or in low numbers, like Witches and Sandworms) and beat Ba'al on Hard mode in the past day or two. I'm ready for the full game. :getin:

• Locked thread