Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Spiros posted:

I play normals with champs I don't know. If it doesn't work out, it's growing pains. If it does, I'm a god. Win/win.

Also you can just put "first time ________ lol" for both if you gently caress up or if you own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Spiros posted:

I play normals with champs I don't know. If it doesn't work out, it's growing pains. If it does, I'm a god. Win/win.

i learned zed in ranked this week. he's fun!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Played Jhin for free, he seems pretty rad+fun tbh. Hate adc though, how badly do i sabotage my team if I take him mid?

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Lady Naga posted:

Taking a champ I know nothing about into a regular game and using abilities I know nothing about in a real game? Why, what could go wrong?

Normals don't matter!

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

Honestly I just wanted a seal picture

I think I may stop playing ranked for a while. This dropped me from promos to Bronze 1 all the down to 0 LP Bronze 3. And the worst thing is I won my lane most of the time in these games

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm feeling kinda bummed out can I borrow someone's account to bang out some bronze/silver stomps

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Methanar posted:

I'm feeling kinda bummed out can I borrow someone's account to bang out some bronze/silver stomps

You can have mine if you play ranked for me :grin:

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

Sicke posted:

I think I may stop playing ranked for a while. This dropped me from promos to Bronze 1 all the down to 0 LP Bronze 3. And the worst thing is I won my lane most of the time in these games

I had a similar experience. I had a string of losses that took me from silver 2 to silver 4. Just keep playing, friend, for I am now climbing my way back up.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Sicke posted:

Post a replay if you want some Hot Plat Tips!!! Not Taric I don't play Taric. Or Morg really. Basically post a Janna game.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

You can have mine if you play ranked for me :grin:

I'll play a few.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

kingcobweb posted:

Q. Do You Not Gank? A. We Are Devo

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Methanar posted:

I'll play a few.

I'm on NA as Dr Tim Whatley if you wanna contact me there.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Played Jhin for free, he seems pretty rad+fun tbh. Hate adc though, how badly do i sabotage my team if I take him mid?

Pretty bad. You can play him mid and have it work in the same way that almost any ADC "works" mid, but he doesn't offer the roaming and pushing power that, imo, makes a midlaner a midlaner.

I've had the pleasure of supporting someone who actually did really well multiple times with Jhin. The main difference, I think, is playing him as a bully instead of farming passively (which I see a lot of people advocating). I think 2v2 laning is one of his strengths, with the poke damage from the crit bullet. What he was doing differently from other/worse Jhins was using that bullet on the enemy every time. With a utility or mage support, it makes it really easy to coordinate harass for a ton of damage with minimal mana used. I played Janna, and he just did CS/CS/CS/trade with Janna shield, over and over until their ADC had to leave lane. Also, use Q to CS while reloading instead of Q to harass and CS with autos. This should make it so you get 100% of CS.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Lady Naga posted:

I'd also like to take the time to say that the Darkest Dungeon announcer mod owns owns owns and makes the game way more enjoyable.

Link / source?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Etrips posted:

Link / source?

https://www.reddit.com/r/darkestdungeon/comments/3b8jbt/darkest_dungeon_announcer_mod_for_lol/ the only problem is that a line is cut off so he goes "The cost of preparedness. Paid now in gold, later."

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Lady Naga posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/darkestdungeon/comments/3b8jbt/darkest_dungeon_announcer_mod_for_lol/ the only problem is that a line is cut off so he goes "The cost of preparedness. Paid now in gold, later."

in the en_US folder there isn't a "shared" folder. Any idea where it goes?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'm on NA as Dr Tim Whatley if you wanna contact me there.

let me boost you after you recrater your mmr

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

exethan posted:

let me boost you after you recrater your mmr

Oh, looks like Meth is keeping my mmr very constant atm. But sure.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Etrips posted:

in the en_US folder there isn't a "shared" folder. Any idea where it goes?

It changes around a ton from patch to patch, just search "Announcer_Global_Female1_VO_audio.wpk" in the base league folder, right click the result and "go to file".

I spent two hours making one myself before searching the net and finding that one already existed lol.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 25, 2016

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

kingcobweb posted:

Pretty bad. You can play him mid and have it work in the same way that almost any ADC "works" mid, but he doesn't offer the roaming and pushing power that, imo, makes a midlaner a midlaner.

I've had the pleasure of supporting someone who actually did really well multiple times with Jhin. The main difference, I think, is playing him as a bully instead of farming passively (which I see a lot of people advocating). I think 2v2 laning is one of his strengths, with the poke damage from the crit bullet. What he was doing differently from other/worse Jhins was using that bullet on the enemy every time. With a utility or mage support, it makes it really easy to coordinate harass for a ton of damage with minimal mana used. I played Janna, and he just did CS/CS/CS/trade with Janna shield, over and over until their ADC had to leave lane. Also, use Q to CS while reloading instead of Q to harass and CS with autos. This should make it so you get 100% of CS.

Don't get it twisted, boss, he's more than fine to farm, but a support that will get poo poo done with him is huge, considering how much damage he does. on the fourth plink.

I wish I could figure out how the gently caress to make his grenades hit champions though.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
All these NA goons playing together and I can't find any OCE :(

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Oh, looks like Meth is keeping my mmr very constant atm. But sure.

This was very not fun

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

Servaetes posted:

Don't get it twisted, boss, he's more than fine to farm, but a support that will get poo poo done with him is huge, considering how much damage he does. on the fourth plink.

I wish I could figure out how the gently caress to make his grenades hit champions though.

just let it go when there's at least 1 minion about to die and the enemy champion is next to it,
when there's a blatant 3 minion set up they'll walk away from you but it's a 30-50 mana spell on a short cool down, don't be afraid to let it go with 1 or 2 bounces, because it will still do decent damage, especially if you AA-Q-AA (it's an auto attack reset apparently).

E: with his change in targeting, AA-Q-AA-W is going to do a shitton of damage, even if some of it is loaded into the magic damage DoT (deathfire's touch).

Mottie fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 25, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
PS I had no idea Jhin was Quinton Flynn I kinda want to buy him now just for that.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Methanar new plan: make an OCE account so I can have someone to play with

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Weve tried making an oce grouo like 2000 times and it always fails

There just isnt enough people to start ocesilversquid and keep it populated.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Weve tried making an oce grouo like 2000 times and it always fails

There just isnt enough people to start ocesilversquid and keep it populated.

Right! I'm gonna open up ocesilversquid right now and be the guy who keeps it open.

edit: chat room is just silversquid on oce; it's just me but maybe one day there will be oce goons :(

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 25, 2016

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Methanar posted:

This was very not fun

Jesus y'all won that? I had to make dinner when you were around 1/8 or something.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i was shocked to find out my ping is 200-250 to oce or i'd buy an account there

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Mottie posted:

just let it go when there's at least 1 minion about to die and the enemy champion is next to it,
when there's a blatant 3 minion set up they'll walk away from you but it's a 30-50 mana spell on a short cool down, don't be afraid to let it go with 1 or 2 bounces, because it will still do decent damage, especially if you AA-Q-AA (it's an auto attack reset apparently).

E: with his change in targeting, AA-Q-AA-W is going to do a shitton of damage, even if some of it is loaded into the magic damage DoT (deathfire's touch).

Well yeah, the one minion + enemy champion thing is the really easy thing. I'm talking the longer chain of killing minions and trying to get the two/three bounce skidoo on them. I feel there's a way to reliably do it, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
So unfortunately it looks like my GP gravy train is comin to an end, which makes me sad because it was my first champ I played a lot and the first champ I ever bought a skin for but anyway

Assuming the 3 keg limit is too much to overcome and still be good for a non-pro shitter like me, any suggestions for a top laner that has a similar playstyle top? As in, someone who can generally be pretty safe and farm-centric and doesn't have many bad matchups but can still contribute a lot to team later. I would go back to playing Pantheon or something but I just feel like there's such a proliferation of like malphite and nautilus and poo poo that I would just be sitting up there farming and then falling off later. I used to play Rumble a bunch and he might be ok after the tweaks/buffs but I kinda feel like it's gonna take more than what he's getting tonight to get him out of the dumpster.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Jesus y'all won that? I had to make dinner when you were around 1/8 or something.

Feeding in high bronze/low silver

niiiice

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

So unfortunately it looks like my GP gravy train is comin to an end, which makes me sad because it was my first champ I played a lot and the first champ I ever bought a skin for but anyway

Assuming the 3 keg limit is too much to overcome and still be good for a non-pro shitter like me, any suggestions for a top laner that has a similar playstyle top? As in, someone who can generally be pretty safe and farm-centric and doesn't have many bad matchups but can still contribute a lot to team later. I would go back to playing Pantheon or something but I just feel like there's such a proliferation of like malphite and nautilus and poo poo that I would just be sitting up there farming and then falling off later. I used to play Rumble a bunch and he might be ok after the tweaks/buffs but I kinda feel like it's gonna take more than what he's getting tonight to get him out of the dumpster.

You answered your own question, friend

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
In general I think most of League's cast is super boring but Jhin brings a lot of personality to the table.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

kingcobweb posted:

You answered your own question, friend

but I hate those guuuuuys

I mean part of it is i just kinda like hipster picks that not a ton of people play, even though GP sees a lot of pro pick/bans I hardly ever see him in our games, that's part of the reason I play nocturne jungle a lot too

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

I mean part of it is i just kinda like hipster picks that not a ton of people play, even though GP sees a lot of pro pick/bans I hardly ever see him in our games, that's part of the reason I play nocturne jungle a lot too

Kennen, Kayle, Trundle, Diana

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Gridlocked posted:

All these NA goons playing together and I can't find any OCE :(

i only play league with my irl friends, who are significantly nicer and cooler than goo- hahahaha i nearly finished that sentence

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

henkman posted:

Feeding in high bronze/low silver

niiiice

Excuse you

Only registered members can see post attachments!

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
The Power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Stefan Prodan posted:

Play Heimerdinger.

I mean, he's not god tier or anything but he doesn't have many bad matchups top lane. You basically only worry about someone who outranges your turrets with their AAs, and even in those matchups you could just build your W up instead I guess.

• Locked thread