Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

esperterra posted:

Draw me like one of your Ark girls.

Where are they gonna find a 1912 Renault?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Disconnecticus posted:

Sans magnificent hair.

But seriously, it's been a hundred years and the grounders are still filthy peasants who haven't invented running water again yet. Say what you want about all the murders, but I'm guessing Pike's regime will have shampoo available at least.

They've been on a space station for over a hundred years, with no way to get new resources. They probably ran out of shampoo 70 years ago and have counted their blessings that lice can make it to space. You know, if you want this show to be more realist, they should have a scene where most people are scratching their head until they draw blood.

jfood posted:

Arkadian Grunt: "Reich Chancellor Pike, the enemy are at our thirty foot high gates and they have brought sticks! STICKS!!'

Pike: "How could I have been so wrong... lay down your guns and drop all that homemade napalm into the pit toilet, we are done for!"

The last time the grounders sent an army at the Arkadians they got massacred by children, dude. Pike has this on lockdown.

The last time they did, the children would have been massacred if it wasn't for the fact they had some fuel left in their escape pod. The grounders would take horrible losses but they'd eventually break through and massacre everyone.

VagueRant posted:

Nah, Jaha is the Trump. He's unpredictable, he's inconsistent, he's crazy and he thinks he's basically Jesus.

Kane is probably Sanders. He's been consistently right about stuff, but ineffectual.

Is...is Abbie Hilary? She does seem to flip-flop a lot.

Pike might be this guy.

Clarke is Oppenheimer.

You might want to look into his record and all the things he's achieved before saying things like that. The rest is pretty spot on tho.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 23, 2016

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Troposphere posted:

preview for this week's ep

I think they're trying to kill me

That is the gayest thing I've ever seen two women to with each other, and I've been to a wedding between two lesbian witches :v:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Lesbian witches seem like they should be such a small demographic but I constantly hear about them

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

DarklyDreaming posted:

That is the gayest thing I've ever seen two women to with each other, and I've been to a wedding between two lesbian witches :v:

Thanks for describing what's in the spoilers.

loving a, dude.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Lesbian witches seem like they should be such a small demographic but I constantly hear about them

It really depends on where you live. Apparently I landed in the right place

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

muscles like this? posted:

I guess that means Lincoln is definitely a goner seeing as he's spending this summer shooting American Gods.

Plenty of actors manage to do a few things at once. I wouldn't worry about it unless there's an announcement.

enraged_camel posted:

One thing I wish the show did a better job of is ground itself more in North American geography. I mean, the nuclear war was only a hundred years ago. Surely the survivors should still refer to places by name, based on old maps, and come across ruined cities?

:agreed:
Other than that tower in the middle of nowhere and a subway entrance, it pretty much feels like pristine landscape. It would be fun if there were more signs of past buildings/cities and if they showed innovative uses for them. But as it stands now, you see more "ruins" in the intro than you do in the show.

WarLocke posted:

Okay, granted, but nobody thinks to call bullshit on him? Abby and Kane just spent months trying to figure out how to live with the Grounders, they finally work out a tenuous truce and avert a war, then some jackass shows up and is all 'we should kill em all!' and they're like, welp, guess he's boss now?

I guess I'm not pissed at his idiotic black/white attitude, more at how the writers have made everybody else on the show retarded so that a guy who literally tried to commit mass murder 12 hours ago is made the boss so they can wring out more easy DRAMA

15 years ago, two buildings were brought down. hundreds of millions of people over reacted, 2 countries were invaded millions of people displaced, thousands dead....
I think the show is pretty much grounded in reality.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Dalael posted:

I think the show is pretty much grounded in reality.
People in The 100 are better, more cautious decision makers than real life americans.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dalael posted:

They knew that Pike was anti-grounder and they probably thought, "Hey, he'll keep us safe!" but that doesn't mean they all knew that he was about to commit a massacre. I'm starting to think you just want another slaughter.

You're more bloodthirsty than Clarke :stare:

They absolutely knew. He was arrested before heading out to slaughter them. If you think that no one talked about the last minute candidate and why he's in jail then I don't know what to tell you.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
They thought he was going out to build a bigger wall.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pike did 9/11. Arkadians knew.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

TyrantWD posted:

The fact that it is a tenuous truce gives credence to Pike's insistence that they are at war. Kane and Abby had secured a ceasefire, not peace. The grounders were more trusting and cooperative with the Ark people last year in the build up to Mount Weather than they were now (Indra was giving them combat training etc.).

All that's transpired since then was Lexa betraying the Ark survivors, and the Ark folk killing all of the Mountain Men anyway and saving all of the grounders from their biggest threat. The grounders should have been all over the Ark people after that. If Indra was such a friend to Arkadia she should have sent over labor and supplies to help the Ark people build a proper home. There should have been free flowing trade and knowledge sharing between their people. Instead, Abby and Kane are walking on egg shells trying to desperately avoid a war when grounder-Ark relations should be at their highest point. Even before Pike attacked, Lexa's affection for Clarke was the only thing preventing an unprovoked massacre of Arkadia by the grounders.

Pike wasn't destroying a hard fought peace, but choosing to strike first in a fight Kane was doing his best to pretend wasn't coming - and that's how he easily won the support of the camp.

Just because grounder/Ark relations are at their highest point, does not mean that trade will flourish and that they're all supposed to walk in the fields hand and hand. A truce is exactly what it implies: a cessation of hostilities. Its not Peace until relations have been normalized, and treaties forged. They were at THAT exact point, when Pike hosed it all up.

This whole mentality of: Kill them first before they kill us, is completely retarded both in a show and in real life.

Hey, lets become the thing we're afraid the other guys are!

Boogaleeboo posted:

Why? Grounders aren't going to stay in ruins and the things you find in them because having the things you find in them gets them killed, and the Ark folks don't need much of anything from them as is. And there's the fact pretty much all of them are in the territory of people that are still undecided on the whole "Brutally slaughtering them" issue. Add in the fact the show has a budget of five dollars, and there's no reason for it to come up much. What would possibly make you expect to see it?

Having the things you find in ruins would get them killed? So you went from, "We can't have guns" to "we can't have anything" offscreen, did you?

Dalael fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 23, 2016

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Spergatory posted:

Today, on 'things I can't believe I didn't notice sooner'; I always figured they were smashing the zeroes together in the logo because it looks cool--which, you know, it does-- but as it turns out, there might be more to it. When you smoosh two zeroes together, it just so happens to form a certain sacred symbol...

ALIE has been with us from the very beginning. :tinfoil:

:aaaaa:
Mind blown.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

FRINGE posted:

People in The 100 are better, more cautious decision makers than real life americans.

Possibly because the people on The Ark were only 1/12 Americans.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Antifreeze Head posted:

Possibly because the people on The Ark were only 1/12 Americans.

And they still made everyone learn English.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

And they still made everyone learn English.

That's at least 1/12 with english as the primary language and, much more importantly, 11/12 with english as a secondary language. It's not the worlds biggest stretch if you assume that the world looks even remotely like it does today.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I mean, it does make sense that if you were trying to save the human race with a small population of survivors, that language barriers would result in inefficiencies that you would want to get rid of as early as possible.

It wouldn't be surprising if the first culls of non-english speaking people because they couldn't contribute as much.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Snak posted:

I mean, it does make sense that if you were trying to save the human race with a small population of survivors, that language barriers would result in inefficiencies that you would want to get rid of as early as possible.

It wouldn't be surprising if the first culls of non-english speaking people because they couldn't contribute as much.

Thirteenth Station had a really big hard-on for Esperanto

EDIT: The last survivor made it to Earth but blew his brains out upon hearing Grounder language

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Snak posted:

#MakeArkadiaGreatAgain

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I'm wondering if the 13th station is still out there. It seems like a nice set up for some future story.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

PriorMarcus posted:

I'm wondering if the 13th station is still out there. It seems like a nice set up for some future story.

Pretty sure Finn talks about it blowing up when they celebrate Unification Day on the ground?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Johnny Truant posted:

Pretty sure Finn talks about it blowing up when they celebrate Unification Day on the ground?

It was supposedly destroyed in a nuclear strike by one of the other 12 and the event was what sparked Unification.

But it could've just gone dark and spooked the other 12 for all we know.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I turned on Unity Day and Finn just says "blown out of the sky". So unless there's something else, I think chances are high that they crash-landed on Earth and that'll be a future plot arc if the show doesn't get cancelled.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Next season's enemies will be the 13th tribe of skycrew

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

PriorMarcus posted:

It would be, but there's not been nearly enough emphasis on it so far outside of a few references.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

This is the CW.
A few episodes from now during the "Previously on The 100.." we will get the exact clip of Finn describing the station being blown out of the sky with no context, then the show will open up with some Ark-like people on earth doing their business, making food, farming, patrolling the walls, whatever. A figure has his back to us looking over a table with maps and doodads on it when a soldier calls out to him
"Sir, you need to see this!"
The figure slowly turns around as the camera pans up from his boots to reveal none other than JOHN BARROWMAN. He walks to the rampart of the wall and sees the Ark crash landing into earth in a few different pieces.
The camera holds on Barrowman's face, a sly smirk appears at the corner of his mouth.
Smash cut to THE 100.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Rurea posted:

This is the CW.
A few episodes from now during the "Previously on The 100.." we will get the exact clip of Finn describing the station being blown out of the sky with no context, then the show will open up with some Ark-like people on earth doing their business, making food, farming, patrolling the walls, whatever. A figure has his back to us looking over a table with maps and doodads on it when a soldier calls out to him
"Sir, you need to see this!"
The figure slowly turns around as the camera pans up from his boots to reveal none other than JOHN BARROWMAN. He walks to the rampart of the wall and sees the Ark crash landing into earth in a few different pieces.
The camera holds on Barrowman's face, a sly smirk appears at the corner of his mouth.
Smash cut to THE 100.

Yeah, and then there will be a reveal that he was in secret contact with agents on the Ark the whole time, and there are sleep agents in Arkadia.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Five, to be exact.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
The season will likely end with ALIE almost killing everyone. She probably has a mass-extermination + simultaneous transfer to the City of Light planned, because its really inefficient having Jaha convert people one at a time. Clarke will put an end to the AI after 75% of the grounders and Ark people die, and whoever remains from the various factions will likely all come together and live in peace - but Kane will be dead and won't get to see his dream come true.

If the show continues beyond this season, I could see the Ark people being forced to leave and go west/south outside of Lexa's territory where they run into some small high-tech societies living in some ruins and we begin the conflict-peace-conflict thing all over again.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

TyrantWD posted:

but Kane will be dead and won't get to see his dream come true.

You shut your whore mouth, you heathen!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Lycus posted:

Five, to be exact.

are you implying that... all of this has happened before?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

TyrantWD posted:

The season will likely end with ALIE almost killing everyone. She probably has a mass-extermination + simultaneous transfer to the City of Light planned, because its really inefficient having Jaha convert people one at a time. Clarke will put an end to the AI after 75% of the grounders and Ark people die, and whoever remains from the various factions will likely all come together and live in peace - but Kane will be dead and won't get to see his dream come true.

If the show continues beyond this season, I could see the Ark people being forced to leave and go west/south outside of Lexa's territory where they run into some small high-tech societies living in some ruins and we begin the conflict-peace-conflict thing all over again.

Clarke will literally be the commander of Death though if she somehow is able to take control over the City of Light instead of destroying it

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Y'all are forgetting about the nuke, which is almost certainly going to be used this season on one of:

A) The Ice Nation
B) The TreeKru tower that probably got named at some point but i forgot
C) Arkadia
D) Specifically and only Pike

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Supposedly ALIE had Jaha convert the nuke so she could use it for power to run the City.

Or something. :iiam:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Monicro posted:

Y'all are forgetting about the nuke, which is almost certainly going to be used this season on one of:

A) The Ice Nation
B) The TreeKru tower that probably got named at some point but i forgot
C) Arkadia
D) Specifically and only Pike

They took the nuke apart to power the portable wifi hotspot that let's Jaha connect with the city of light.

it's the backpack thing.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

hollylolly posted:

Supposedly ALIE had Jaha convert the nuke so she could use it for power to run the City.

Or something. :iiam:

Yes, but it's a television nuke, when totally disassembled, and part of it can still function as a nuke. Like in BSG, when Gaius Baltart took a nuke apart o make a cylon detector and them later that nuke was detonated and not only did it still work, no one was like "hey, who had it last?" Or in lost, where they take a tiny rod out of a giant Fatman style bomb and apparently that was the only part that was needed to be a nuke.

Or my favorite, The Core, where they increase the yield of a nuclear warhead by placing some uranium next to it.

Edit: oh, that makes sense. And we should also assume that the backpack can now be detonated as a nuke, which will almost certainly happen.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

TyrantWD posted:

It will be aliens eventually. This show is a theme mashup that could be used for a Numenera (or whatever) game. Sooner or later it will be space-rift or aliens to bring an extra level of "outsiders" to the mashup.

So far we've had

The "under the mountain" people with special powers
The lost savages that can regain their powers (guns) when they come to terms with themselves
The fallen sky people making their way in the dirt
The omniscient non-human that has Better Plans than the mortals understand
The evolved Special Blood people that are destined to rule

etc etc

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The secret 14th colony from the MOON

Then the super duper more secret 15th colony from MARS

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Then come the psychic subterranean mutants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I mean, we already have the night bloods. I think that's going to end up being some Buffy style poo poo, because they said it goes back to the First Commander. But it could be anything. It could be the Black Oil from X-Files.

• Locked thread