Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

peter gabriel posted:

Star Citizen Patch 2.2.0b
-Fixed an issue where
-I gave a single remaining
-gently caress about
-logging
-in

even with the increased quantity of asteroids????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
gently caress THEY HAVE MORE ASTEROIDS NOW?!

Good thing my tax return is coming soon. I gotta buy a completionist pack so I can see all the new asteroids out of my ineptly designed cockpit.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A Neurotic Jew posted:

even with the increased quantity of asteroids????

even with the increased quantity of bens haemorrhoids

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm just butthurt because I got no beta invite, ignore me guys

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

-Fixed an issue where
-gently caress about
-logging
-in

But the Videospice... It must flow.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wafflz posted:

goons.. don't ruin everything? :confused:

Ah, but by not ruining everything, goons ruin the idea that goons ruin everything. I think.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

I'm just butthurt because I got no beta invite, ignore me guys

You need to be like that other dude and write down bugs on a paper and present them to issue council.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

peter gabriel posted:

-Fixed an issue where
-gently caress about
-logging
-in
:lol:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

quote:

Player will now be kicked from server if they have a criminal level of 5 and kill themselves.

this game is a delight.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sunswipe posted:

Ah, but by not ruining everything, goons ruin the idea that goons ruin everything. I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8ZnCT14nRc&t=66s

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Your post earlier was fantastic thank you

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

You need to be like that other dude and write down bugs on a paper and present them to issue council.

"Alright John, the Tissue Council is meeting tomorrow. Bring all the bugs."

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

xanif posted:

Good thing my tax return is coming soon. I gotta buy a completionist pack so I can't see all the new asteroids out of my ineptly designed cockpit.
Can't believe I needed to fix that for you.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

grimcreaper posted:

"Alright John, the Tissue Council is meeting tomorrow. Bring all the bugs."

*world runs out of oxygen from lack of trees*

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Important Issues:
EVA’ing back into a ship with interior physics is having issues such as permanent ragdoll and death.

Ships:
Fixed an issue where entering a ship with interior physics via EVA had a high chance of killing the player.

Technical:
Fixed several client crashes.
Fixed several server crashes.

Star citizen, where even the fixes are bullshit.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

G0RF posted:

When the CIG peon assigned to read this thread for actionable intelligence comes across this little account, I hope you will print this, or otherwise pass the sad little story and helpful set of suggestions up to Ben, Sandi, Lando, or even Chris.

----

TO: Cloud Imperium Games
SUBJECT: The tale of Jeffrey McArthur
PRIORITY: High

An agreeable older gamer named Jeffrey McArthur tried Star Citizen's Free Flight weekend a couple of weeks ago, having no knowledge whatsoever of of this particular game. He is an avid gamer - online games, tabletop games, D&D games - he has spent decades playing them and loving them. In fact, as a younger man, he actually programmed two titles for the Atari 800; a serviceable Defender clone called Kamikaze. and sillier overhead maze runner called Icky Squishy.
And you shitizens bitch about us being big meanies to you? gently caress you! It's not so fun when the people you gently caress with can actually fight back, is it you degenerate fucks?

And while we're at it...

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

The Protocols of the Elders of Goonism

I get a lot of PMs about this, so I think it might be a good idea to put this in the thread.

As you all know, we have worked on our battle plan to fight the threat from Star Citizen, which if unchecked might dissuade people from buying our game of games, Derek Smart's Line of Defense. Our current strategy focuses on a two-pronged assault of trollism and mockery. Mockery is not easily taught, but trollism is more of a craft - this might serve to increase the return on trolling for those new to the trade.

Trolling
You might be excused for believing that we focus on a :goon: of negative users on Reddit - openly or lightly veiled goons. This is in fact just a fraction of our current efforts. To understand how to troll successfully and with a high amount of toxicism-per-troll, you will first have to understand how the Citizen mind works and how to convincingly act as one.

Citizens can be easily divided into four groups, based on their professed and actual level expectations on the game.

Lack of Gravitas posted:

You posted this in the public thread instead of the private one :doh:

AP posted:

Tijuana Bibliophile edit that out, wrong thread.

gently caress this "wrong thread" nonsense. I'm sick and tired of this stupid platinum elitism, you people demand that I only recruit people among the platinums for "security reasons" but the problem is that most people that come to me seemingly just want to be in, they want to know what's up but then don't actually put any work. That in turn makes me feel like I am wasting my time going over the trouble to explain everything to "recruits" that then turn out to be unsuitable. Moreover the reality is that there just aren't that many platinums and we need to enlarge our recruitment pool.
I know you voted me down on this but you know what, gently caress you. If you don't like it get someone else to do my work, I'm done wasting my time with people that aren't committed. I need people that have already done their homework before volunteering so I'm just gonna go over the basics of what people need if they are serious about joining the war effort in anything other than the most basic shitposting.

As an olive branch I've been talking with Mr. Smart and he generously agreed gift anyone doing a 3 month deployment with free platinum. This is not a "payment", it's simply a token of Mr. Smart's appreciation.

So, without further ado:

:siren: OPERATION FULL BURN: How to become a Stimstaffel Commando :siren:

I am not going to give any insight into the overall strategy until you have showed your work and are ready to become active, after you get your platinum we will go into details and what your role will be. I can assure you this work will not be in vain, you will play an important role in our final victory. In this post I'm just going to detail what you need to volunteer, the only thing I will say is that our goal is nothing less than the complete ruination of /r/starcitizen by destroying the community and/or the moderation team.

This is going to be a looooong 2016 and CIG has nothing to show. The Stimstaffel has already showed it's might with the resignation of Dolvak, we ask you to put some effort into your trolling but unlike CIG we actually deliver, as you can see. What we need for Phase 2 of Operation Full Burn is accounts a few weeks old and with decent karma. Sooner or later they are going to start cracking down on posting privileges and the first obvious go to is karma and register date as a means to filter out obvious goons from even starting new threads. Fresh negative karma accounts are all good for the trivial shitposter but soon they'll start banning those even for commenting on threads so a serious commando and actually help destroy the Star Citizen reddit community you are going to need multiple credible accounts.

Do not contact me unless you have already completed these tasks, showing yourself incapable of following basic instructions makes a terrible first impression.

1- You need Tor Browser. When the ban hammer comes down this is the only way to keep posting on the sub, otherwise all your alts will be banned by Reddit for avoiding the ban. Getting RES is useful, it allows you to tag people and keep track of your targets, that way you navigate in Chrome and post from you Tor Browser alts. Do not forget to always use the option "New Identity" in Tor Browser after you log out of one account and before logging into another.

2- Create at least half a dozen accounts with the following requirements:

2.1- Do not chose a "clever" name.

2.2- Use something like 10 Minute Mail to validate your new accounts, it gives them extra credibility.

2.3- your first thread should be asking some complete newbie questions about the game. Go back 2 or 3 weeks on the sub and reword one of the many threads like this that pop up all the time. You are trying to come off as someone making their first inquiries, don't show too much knowledge but don't be retarded.
      :siren: DO NOT BE SMART. Do not insert oh so clever and obscure goonisms, loving pretend to be human for a while. Do not touch anything remotely polemic. Don't ask inconvenient questions.

2.4- your second thread should come after a few days and be something like "I can't decide which ship/package to buy". You are creating a persona as indistinguishable as possible from any real newcomer to the game.
      :siren: DO NOT BE SMART. Do not insert oh so clever and obscure goonisms, loving pretend to be human for a while. Do not touch anything remotely polemic. Don't ask inconvenient questions.

2.5- For now the karma goal is somewhere around 20s/30s, your threads and whatever comments you made should have earned you enough already but if not make some more posts of an inquisitive but positive nature. :siren: Do not touch anything remotely polemic. Don't ask inconvenient questions. Do the bare minimum to get that karma and STOP.

2.6- Once you reached your karma goal let the account mature. When it reaches 3 or 4 weeks its ready.

Remember thanks to Derek (PBUH) :worship: SERVICE GUARANTEES PLATINUM :siren:

GLORY BE TO THE STIMPIRE

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Feb 26, 2016

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Someone should remind those morons that bank fraud isn't related to chargebacks.

Bank fraud (and this applies to other financial institutions) is pretending to be a bank or illegally getting poo poo (money/property/etc) owned by a bank. This is individual(s) hurting individuals or banks, respectively.

Chargeback fraud is probably what they mean, but that's when you receive something and then do a chargeback on it. This is individual(s) hurting merchants via bank action.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Eonwe posted:

I like how by doing this CIG has confirmed that they do not care that dickwulf sent dick pics to that girl, or at the very least did not care enough to check his PMs

So either they ignored it or think suggesting a legal chargeback is worse than sexually harassing someone
It's clear now that they will look the other way as long as you're giving them money, but if they think that you negatively affect their cash flow then you're persona non grata.

This is some straight up immoral poo poo.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Ponzi posted:

That was just like what I was going to post, except mine was:

SELECT * FROM PERSONAL_MESSAGES WHERE MESSAGE_SENDER='PotentialTroubleMaker'

But then again, I know nothing about SQL

I know far too much about many flavours of SQL, and it is a pit of horrors.

Worst thing is that when faced with its superficial simplicity, many developers (and not even comedy 'developers' like Lesnick) think something like my example is fine.

But if you want to learn, you could do a lot worse worse for two things not to do than never "SELECT *" in production, and never use a leading '%' (a wildcard which matches anything) unless you really know what you are doing.

xiansi fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 25, 2016

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
how does it feel to see your work cause such rage?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Oh and Sandi if you want to take down videos that make you look bad, there is one here that you should know about : https://vimeo.com/49705991

Asimov
Feb 15, 2016

xiansi posted:

I know far too much about many flavours of SQL, and it is a pit of horrors.

Worst thing is that when faced with it's superficial simplicity, many developers (and not even comedy 'developers' like Lesnick) think something like my example is fine.

But if you want to learn, you could do a lot worse worse for two things not to do than never "SELECT *" in production, and never use a leading '%' (a wildcard which matches anything) unless you really know what you are doing.

I'll make you a deal, how about I can run any query I want but you can set the timeout for 6 seconds. Sound good?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 25, 2016

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

All this backer dissent is fun, but CIG has now shown that the only thing that can affect it is money. I'm interested to see how the next major ship sale/cash grab goes.

moonraker
Oct 29, 2015
The moment we where introduced to the two lead designers for Scam Citizen another nail in the coffin

[img]

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

boviscopophobic posted:

All this backer dissent is fun, but CIG has now shown that the only thing that can affect it is money. I'm interested to see how the next major ship sale/cash grab goes.

The way that graph is plummeting down the 4k monitor crew will have to fill us in

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Next time I feel bad about ben, quote this image.

Seriously gently caress all of star citizen. I'm done with it.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Clapping Larry

Asimov posted:

I'll make you a deal, how about I can run any query I want but you can set the timeout for 6 seconds. Sound good?

You mean milliseconds, right?

I can go with that.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Ben needs to stfu for a while, and I mean that not in an insulting way, just keep a low profile for a bit

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Everyone working at CIG is just padding their resume and fleshing out their portfolios

Sandi can say she acted in a bunch of shows

Ben was director of being huge

check out some of the actual workers , they do nothing but make pretty jpegs and post them to their online portfolios

Hundreds of people working hard on furthering their own ends.

Amazing really , imagine being the 1 guy in the dark corner actually trying to make a game.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

Ben needs to stfu for a while, and I mean that not in an insulting way, just keep a low profile for a bit
How exactly does a man you can see from space keep a low profile?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

im the toxicity that doesnt bother cig employees

Mick Jaggoff
Sep 11, 2012

Ash1138 posted:

Oh and Sandi if you want to take down videos that make you look bad, there is one here that you should know about : https://vimeo.com/49705991

:psyboom:

A-Grade talentless narcissist

Mick Jaggoff fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 25, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

tooterfish posted:

How exactly does a man you can see from space keep a low profile?

He could tuck his head in an pretend to be a moon or something?

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Like all living beings, Admiral, each according to his girth.

NOTHING feels better than seeing a new build go out, and watching goons ruin it...

It really is hard to feel sorry for this 'developer'.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ben Lesnick, Developer.

Yep, still funny.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Ben is taking his cues from Sandi by playing the victim. It's gross.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Maybe Ben should have been communicating that message of tolerance in a more public fashion from the very beginning of the project. Instead, he let the community fester into what it is today.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

moonraker posted:

The moment we where introduced to the two lead designers for Scam Citizen another nail in the coffin

what did they shitcan this time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

moonraker posted:

[timg][img]http://i.imgur.com/hpjL3P3.jpg?2[/timg]

Yeah, basically what I expected.

• Locked thread