Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

El Hefe posted:

for real this time weakest month yet for ps+

Full Lineup

Broforce, PS4
Flame Over, PS Vita
Galak-Z, PS4
The Last Guy, PS3
Reality Fighters, PS Vita
Super Stardust HD, PS3

I don't get what you're all complaining about. Broforce and Galak-Z are a great combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CottonWolf posted:

I don't get what you're all complaining about. Broforce and Galak-Z are a great combo.

Galakz is simply not enjoyable by the wide majority of people who will play it. You have to work to get anywhere in it and theres only one real mission type so its boring as gently caress on top of being frustrating

Broforce was supposed to be an extra freebie on top of the usual 2 games like grow home was afaik so it being the only other game is a real surprise

Bad month.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 25, 2016

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Shnag posted:

Grabbed rocket league, its alot of fun. I can see why people get so hooked on it. Too bad the player base seems a little small. Though I can still find games easy enough.

There's like 80-100k people on any given time I play?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Huge Obamacare Fan posted:

It's 20-30k but yeah it's not small

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Huge Obamacare Fan posted:

I miss read it. 1207 in the playlist. I didnt notice what it was worldwide :eyepop:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Honestly this is the best month of PS+ I can remember. I don't mind paying for the service at all but I rarely ever actually play the games. This month I'll definitely try them both.

e: TBOI month was best actually

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 25, 2016

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I gave my brother my PS3 for Xmas in 2014 to make sure I got some more work done, but I kept my PS+ because I wanted a fat stack of PS4 games for when I eventually buy one (Bloodborne almost broke me, but I'm holding out for Kingdom Hearts III & FFXV) and even though I have a 1 year gift card I haven't felt any need to resub since Oct' 15 when it lapsed. Axiom Verge is the only game in the last 6 months that appeals to me and it isn't even exclusive.

They could seriously give away The Order or Knack at this point and I still wouldn't resub, I honestly can't think of what they could drop that would get me to pop my code in (maybe TLoU Remastered... Eh I'd bite the bullet for the full Second Son)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Bust Rodd posted:

They could seriously give away The Order or Knack at this point and I still wouldn't resub
those games suck

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

sorry i dont know why i bothered responding to that. i dont give a poo poo about what it would take for you to resub to +

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Galakz is simply not enjoyable by the wide majority of people who will play it. You have to work to get anywhere in it and theres only one real mission type so its boring as gently caress on top of being frustrating

Why is that a bad thing? There are a ton of PS+ games that hit that mark including big budget ones. The "work to get anywhere" thing at least.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if anything that sounds like the kind of game i am happy to get for free. something i may or may not like but that i want to try

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

ImpAtom posted:

The "work to get anywhere" thing at least.
I don't even understand what that's supposed to mean. That the story mode is slow and one has to grind the same mission a lot to get to the end?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think he means the game is loving hard and you have to put in some effort to learn the systems or you will get hosed up even on the first levels

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Awesome! posted:

i think he means the game is loving hard and you have to put in some effort to learn the systems or you will get hosed up even on the first levels

:darksouls:

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
I hope they never give away the greatest game: Knack

the holy grail of PS+

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

yeah. maybe it clicks with some people and they'll call me crazy but its a learning curve unlike anythng i've ever played for such boring mission design and poorly implemented rogue lite progression. having put in the time to beat the first 2 chapters i wish i didn't

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Another indie game bullshit month am I rite. When will they give us Knack and that lovely launch shooter I can't even remember the name of anymore?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CottonWolf posted:

Yeah I'll probably enjoy those briefly with a twinge of guilt knowing I might have bought them. I know I was falling for some of the hype about Galak-Z before it finally came out and the buzz was nearly imperceptible.

I would have thought the other turds in the combo would make those two look fantastic but somehow it just drives the overall perception down.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mayor McCheese posted:

I hope they never give away the greatest game: Knack

the holy grail of PS+

I was half expecting it would be a PS+ freebie this month after it was down to 7 bucks the other day. Speaking of Knack, where that one terrible picture of it dancing over some picture of Mario or something?

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate
I'm not interested in knack. And Helldivers is a great game and was a nice free $20 game this month. Magicka, Gauntlet, TWD2, Grim Fandango... all good titles since October.

I'm just sad we didn't get Assault Android Cactus. But it will go on a 50% off sale in a few months.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CrashCat posted:

Yeah I'll probably enjoy those briefly with a twinge of guilt knowing I might have bought them.

you did buy them with your plus subscription.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Real hurthling! posted:

you did buy them with your plus subscription.

No because if you purchase them by having a plus subscription, you'd still own them if it lapses. Getting free plus games is a bit more ephemeral.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Comic posted:

No because if you purchase them by having a plus subscription, you'd still own them if it lapses. Getting free plus games is a bit more ephemeral.

he said he felt guilty, not that he wished he had a permanent license. no one should feel guilty about getting a game on plus instead of full price because they pay for plus and sony pays the devs and 20 million downloads at whatever low rate beats the usual trickle at full price that a year old indie game gets anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Billy Elliot posted:

I'm not interested in knack. And Helldivers is a great game and was a nice free $20 game this month. Magicka, Gauntlet, TWD2, Grim Fandango... all good titles since October.

I'm just sad we didn't get Assault Android Cactus. But it will go on a 50% off sale in a few months.

Let's not say things we can't take back

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pope Mobile posted:

Got super drunk and bought bloodborne and Madden 16.
Browsing this thread and the sales at 1am is a bad idea.

Congrats. Bloodborne is one of my favorite games ever

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
This $50 a year is just too much to handle :eyepop:

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Rirse posted:

I was half expecting it would be a PS+ freebie this month after it was down to 7 bucks the other day. Speaking of Knack, where that one terrible picture of it dancing over some picture of Mario or something?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Sony reads this thread and the PS Blog comment section. Knack will be the free game at E3 this year when they announce Knack 2. PS+ sales skyrocket. PS4 sales quadruple.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmYDgncMhXw

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Sakurazuka posted:

Let's not say things we can't take back

I wouldn't have paid money for it, but I'll take it as a free title. A lot of PS+ titles are ones I was on the fence about and end up getting them for free. Rocket League was one title I would have never bought on my own.

The only ones I bought before PS+ were Guacamelee and Helldivers. I was going to buy OlliOlli2 day one but got that for free. Magicka 2 is OK but getting it for free is nice.

Captain Yossarian posted:

This $50 a year is just too much to handle :eyepop:

I got 2 years for $40 because Newegg screwed up and sent me 2 cards with my single order. Either way, $40 deals for PS+ are super common.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
wrong thread

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
I can't figure out what I'm going to buy in addition to DSIII. Is there anything else cool available for preorder? Or anything that costs a nickel so I can get Necrodancer for Free

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

MPLS to NOLA posted:

I can't figure out what I'm going to buy in addition to DSIII. Is there anything else cool available for preorder? Or anything that costs a nickel so I can get Necrodancer for Free

Just grab an avatar icon or something, most are less than a dollar

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

MPLS to NOLA posted:

Throw in a 25 cent avatar maybe? I think some of the cheapest stuff is sill a quarter.

If you're trying to reach 100 dollars, most people are okay being a penny or two under but I'd be safe and just get an avatar.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

MPLS to NOLA posted:

Corn Love.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bought volume and alundra the other day.

volume is ok. idk. nothing special really. its seems solidly made and does what it sets out to do but its not really that interesting.

Alundra is loving amazing. idk how i missed this game 20 years ago. I beat the first dungeon and other than the slime boss requiring a few dozen too many hits to kill for my tastes it was epic as gently caress. did they ever make a sequel? who owns the rights? Get on it sony!

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Baal posted:

The DLC is just challenge maps and a Batgirl story, it is not worth your money

Incorrect. There's also Red Hood, Nightwing, and Catwoman missions, a ton of challenge packs, four storyline missions, and a bunch of skins for Batman and the Batmobile

none of it is that great tho

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it also comes with some psn avatars. one of which is a smug nightwing that is funny

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Awesome! posted:

It's also fun as poo poo once you put a few minutes into understanding it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Real hurthling! posted:

bought volume and alundra the other day.

volume is ok. idk. nothing special really. its seems solidly made and does what it sets out to do but its not really that interesting.

Alundra is loving amazing. idk how i missed this game 20 years ago. I beat the first dungeon and other than the slime boss requiring a few dozen too many hits to kill for my tastes it was epic as gently caress. did they ever make a sequel? who owns the rights? Get on it sony!

There's an Alundra 2 and while it's pretty good it's nowhere near the emotional punch in the dick that the first one is.

• Locked thread