Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

http://imgur.com/gallery/rr3Co :3:

e: christdamnit new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Well, that is how it works!

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Marty is a dumbscrub bastard who is too cute for her own good. There was like 5 minutes of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvwOW-rhJi4

Bonus Albert "Peekaboo!"ing at the end.

Grraarrgghh fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 25, 2016

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Link.

The new Jaws for James Bond looking good.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

The Narrator posted:

Link.

My heart :love: I love bird rescue stories, they look so happy

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Narrator posted:

Link.

"First thing I'm crunching is your finger". :toughguy:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Battle Pigeon posted:

Can you imagine flipping a cockatiel over for hugs like with a conure??
I dream about being able to do this :3:

The Narrator posted:

Link.

Aw man that is so cool. And supervillainish.

EDIT:

Grraarrgghh posted:

Marty is a dumbscrub bastard who is too cute for her own good. There was like 5 minutes of this.

Ahaha this is golden

Tendai fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Feb 25, 2016

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Once metal bird discovers the secrets of fire, we're doomed.

Well, more doomed.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

"First thing I'm crunching is your finger". :toughguy:

Definitely. He won't just use it to chew food...

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k

The Narrator posted:

Link.

Oh my GOD that is so cute and sweet!

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I approve of cyber birds. Imagine getting things like prosthetic talons that work just like real talons for birds that have lost their own for whatever reason?

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Seeds for the Bird God!

Fingats for the Fingat Throne!

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Tendai posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgimBjxycsM

If only...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

GoldStandardConure posted:

Once metal bird discovers the secrets of fire, we're doomed.

Well, more doomed.

He's gonna figure out he can make sparks by scratching his beak on certain things. After that comes the spat of mysterious housefires...

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Grraarrgghh posted:

I love GCC voices so much :allears:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

I feel that the title of that video is lying to me. That potato already trusts her because he will fly onto her finger. If I tried that move with Thor it would involve me trying to catch him in the cage as he flies away from me before giving up and getting a net, and then ending up with a very very angry potato clamped down on my hand when I pull him out of it.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Appropriately titled: Clever bird! :allears:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh man that's just too much :3: What a sweet little potato

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

They say it's a young potato in a comment; I wonder if it stayed as tolerant once it became a full adult?

Chilltato

A Good Boy

I tried to piss him off with a jingly bell to get a photo of his enraged dinosaur look but he acted this way instead

I like his cage layout at the moment. You can see a bell on a chain in front of him here-deliberately put there so he can do his RING RING trick in exchange for a treat

Long overdue finished parrot griffon art: http://i.imgur.com/W3BP4h1.jpg?1 Apparently Bristol paper doesn't handle watercolours well (or this combo of brush, water, etc) so the background is disappointing

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i'm a good boy?

I'M A GOOD BOY

I'M A GOOD BOOOOOOY!

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Battle Pigeon posted:

They say it's a young potato in a comment; I wonder if it stayed as tolerant once it became a full adult?

That tiel looks way too big to be a baby though

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

That tiel looks way too big to be a baby though

Comment says "this was a long time ago, but I remember SugarPlum was only about 4 to 6 months old and he was hand fed, so he was very sweet and very trusting" - so not hit puberty yet and still in that babby phase, or at least not the sulky DON'T TOUCH ANYWHERE BUT MY HEAD AND NECK adult personality

ApathyGirl
Aug 24, 2013

Tendai posted:

I've been working on teaching our grey, Bo, to accept being flipped on her back and cradled and rubbed on.
She... uh... tolerates it for the most part, but I suspect the only reason I still have fingers is because of her Collar-of-Shame that protects her feathers (& my flesh) from her Beak o' Destruction.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Battle Pigeon posted:

Comment says "this was a long time ago, but I remember SugarPlum was only about 4 to 6 months old and he was hand fed, so he was very sweet and very trusting" - so not hit puberty yet and still in that babby phase, or at least not the sulky DON'T TOUCH ANYWHERE BUT MY HEAD AND NECK adult personality

What kind of bird is the rainbow colored one Steve? They're He's gorgeous handsome. Chilltato Ohtori is also gorgeous, I just know they're a Cockatiel.

Reik fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 26, 2016

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Ama stretches like this to try and step onto my finger if I am teasing him with headboops and he just wants to be picked up. He tends to look considerably less manic though

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Reik posted:

What kind of bird is the rainbow colored one? They're gorgeous.

Pyrrhura frootloopica

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Battle Pigeon posted:

Long overdue finished parrot griffon art: http://i.imgur.com/W3BP4h1.jpg?1 Apparently Bristol paper doesn't handle watercolours well (or this combo of brush, water, etc) so the background is disappointing

I shudder to think what kind of mischief a parrot could get up to with four limbs, a beak, and a prehensile tail. If an evil geneticist wants to design the downfall of mankind, you've given him the perfect template.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Battle Pigeon posted:

Long overdue finished parrot griffon art: http://i.imgur.com/W3BP4h1.jpg?1
When I was a kid, I read all of the Lion/Witch/Wardrobe books. In the last one, which was metaphorical of Ze End of Days, there was an avatar of a second god running around withering earth beneath its feet, butchering people, and shrieking. It was described pretty much like your bird gryphon.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Feb 26, 2016

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Potato Salad posted:

When I was a kid, I read all of the Lion/Witch/Wardrobe books. In the last one, which was metaphorical of Ze End of Days, there was an avatar of a second god running around withering earth beneath its feet, butchering people, and shrieking. It was described pretty much like your bird gryphon.

That's the one who was actually Allah, wasn't it

I always knew Toast was an ISIS sleeper agent :mad:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The Calormine were basically described as sand people, so presumably yes.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
So those books were all really really racist? I read them when I was too young to get aslan = jesus thing but drat.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

So those books were all really really racist? I read them when I was too young to get aslan = jesus thing but drat.

Yeah, they were crazy racist. The good young white kids disguise themselves as moon god worshippers at one point by wearing blackface to infiltrate them. It's pretty blatant.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
When I was a kid I read them cause they were a bunch of kids hanging out with a badass lion who could do Real Cool Things. God drat :stare:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Prince Caspian and Dawn Treader were pretty good (see: Sane) but poo poo turns pear shaped in The Last Battle.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Posted in the woodworking thread about my revised cage project, if anyone would care to help me check over it.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Potato Salad posted:

Prince Caspian and Dawn Treader were pretty good (see: Sane) but poo poo turns pear shaped in The Last Battle.

Yeah I remember reading The Last Battle and just thinking "what" constantly, everything went way over my head. I'm going to read them all again. I'm pretty sure The Last Battle is the book where I learned that using th instead of s when whispering is way sneaker because the book goes into detail about it, and kid me thought it was the coolest sneakiest poo poo.

I saw your post in the woodworking thread first and replied to it with what I think. Sorry if it doesn't make sense, it's like 3am here.

Something else I just thought off, is it possible to make it taller, your birds will be way comfier with a longer legged cage.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Potato Salad posted:

All hail the great Tash!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

The Narrator posted:

Link.

http://i.imgur.com/FHiWZIt.webm

I can't figure out how the hell to embed a webm, but it's eating with its new beak!

e: I guess it's just a url tag.