Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Hey, I'm still registered in Denton County but my DL address is in Dallas county. As long as I go to a Denton County voting location I'm good right? They don't check the address on the license just the photo ID part?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Reik posted:

Hey, I'm still registered in Denton County but my DL address is in Dallas county. As long as I go to a Denton County voting location I'm good right? They don't check the address on the license just the photo ID part?

Yes there is no requirement the addresses match

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

The district 121 race sure seems interesting. I've never seen so many ads for a State House Seat during the primary. Judson and Straus are really going at it.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

skipdogg posted:

The district 121 race sure seems interesting. I've never seen so many ads for a State House Seat during the primary. Judson and Straus are really going at it.

The new right hates Strauss.

There's a pretty hot one over here in 14 as well. The challenger, Jess Fields, a frothy type former libertarian being backed by the insano wing, was recently revealed as having made a series of harassing phone calls to Bill Flores' local office here impersonating a county official some years back to try and accomplish I have no idea what. Flores office in DC is demanding an apology, but he was denying it was even him before finally copping to it and claiming it was all a joke. Apparently one lost on the poor intern that was on the receiving end. With early voting having already been underway when this all came out, who knows if it will change anything. If people are even paying attention.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I'm in 118 which should flip back to Democrat, but right now my Google Ads and TV are just smothered with Strauss ads. He has to be spending a fortune.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
The little newsprint voter's guide they had by the early voting stations had nothing but "Did not send a response in time for printing." under the name of every single Democrat candidate for anything. Registered as an independent, I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to go and try to vote for the least stupid Republican in the primaries.

Poop balls.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Wulfolme posted:

The little newsprint voter's guide they had by the early voting stations had nothing but "Did not send a response in time for printing." under the name of every single Democrat candidate for anything. Registered as an independent, I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to go and try to vote for the least stupid Republican in the primaries.

Poop balls.

There is no party registration here. Primaries are open, just pick whichever you want to vote in.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Perry's indictment got dropped.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

zoux posted:

Perry's indictment got dropped.

Color me surprised.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

He smiled in his mug-shot, and got most newspapers in the state to comment: "This is how you to make a mugshot, liberal criminals"

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
What's the best resource to see who is on the ballot in my district and finding their policy positions?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/amanbatheja/status/702554090878832640

Rick Perry not going out into that dark night.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Good, because I still have 300 shares of Perry winning the GOP nomination that won't sell.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

The Mandingo posted:

What's the best resource to see who is on the ballot in my district and finding their policy positions?

If the local paper does a voting guide (that isn't just endorsements), I'd check there.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Mandingo posted:

It's the letter after their name.

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why
I'm loving the ads for 99 about how Bo French betrayed the widow of "American Sniper" Chris Kyle.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm in Naishtat's old district so I'm just getting mailers about how much more progressive they are than everyone else, it's refreshing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/702599777200918528

Oh boy another person from California coming here and loving up their appropriation of Our Texan Culture.

They opened an In-and-Out on South Lamar that I've been to a couple of times. I don't think the food is all that amazing but they run a pretty tight ship (and pay $12/hour so less exploitative!)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

zoux posted:

I'm in Naishtat's old district so I'm just getting mailers about how much more progressive they are than everyone else, it's refreshing.

The negative mailers I've received are the worst.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I wasn't planning on voting in the primary because I don't have a preference between Bernie and Hillary, but my hatred of Cruz is so strong that I might just vote for Trump...

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I'm registered to vote but not entirely sure where my voter reg card is. Will my driver's license suffice?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Zwabu posted:

I'm registered to vote but not entirely sure where my voter reg card is. Will my driver's license suffice?

Yes.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Can I vote in a physically different district than the one I am registered in?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

blue squares posted:

If you do early voting, you can.

At least that's true for general election stuff.

e: well by district do you mean congressional/state district, or just the local precinct? I mean the latter.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

computer parts posted:

If you do early voting, you can.

At least that's true for general election stuff.

e: well by district do you mean congressional/state district, or just the local precinct? I mean the latter.

I don't know. I want to vote on campus but when I registered to vote I lived 3 miles south of campus so its a different precinct

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011
Does my primary voter registration translate into a 11/8 registration or do I need to do something additional?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lyapunov Unstable posted:

Does my primary voter registration translate into a 11/8 registration or do I need to do something additional?

Is there a separate registration?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

zoux posted:

Only if you're a minority

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

blue squares posted:

I don't know. I want to vote on campus but when I registered to vote I lived 3 miles south of campus so its a different precinct

Then yeah, I don't know about primaries but for early voting in the general they should let you do that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We just moved and my roommate changed his address and only has his temp non-photo license. He's a mega responsible citizen and it's really stressing him out that he can't vote. I told him that I'm sure disenfranchising gay Democrats is probably just an unintended consequence.

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011

zoux posted:

I don't remember that's what I'm asking

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lyapunov Unstable posted:

I don't remember that's what I'm asking

I'm pretty sure it's just one.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

blue squares posted:

What County?

In Travis I know that a registered voter can vote at literally any polling location. The computer system serves up the right ballot for you address and marks that you've voted in the central database so you can't try and vote twice.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

In Travis I know that a registered voter can vote at literally any polling location. The computer system serves up the right ballot for you address and marks that you've voted in the central database so you can't try and vote twice.

nice

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

I'll admit, the puckish part of me wants to go for a Trump vote instead of a Bernie or Clinton one just to see the GOP devour itself from within.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

citybeatnik posted:

I'll admit, the puckish part of me wants to go for a Trump vote instead of a Bernie or Clinton one just to see the GOP devour itself from within.

They may not need any help there.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

zoux posted:

They may not need any help there.

True. But i'm actually considering voting in the Republican primary for Trump here in Austin just to see if my one vote'll be enough to gently caress over Cruz. It's not like we're going to go blue in the general, so why not see about weakening the field everywhere else?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If you need any more proof that George P is a carpetbagging political opportunist temporarily here to exploit our electorate, here it is.
https://twitter.com/txglo/status/702848448962371584

This is not a debatable issue.

Hawkline
May 30, 2002

¡La Raza!
So Muslim-hating Konni Burton (R-Colleyville) has taken the brave step of participating in a system that largely excludes access to the public while entertaining private interests via lobbying, and decides to formally cut off attempts for public sectors to use that same access.

http://tribtalk.org/2016/02/24/why-im-against-taxpayer-funded-lobbying/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

citybeatnik posted:

True. But i'm actually considering voting in the Republican primary for Trump here in Austin just to see if my one vote'll be enough to gently caress over Cruz. It's not like we're going to go blue in the general, so why not see about weakening the field everywhere else?

Actually, if Trump beats Cruz by one vote, it will be my vote. Not yours