Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The sheer force of her smadness has repaired her legs.

Alternatively: season 3 Felicity is in control of the host body again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

howe_sam posted:

Okay, Felicity realizing she can walk again, and then just bouncing from the apartment was pretty drat funny,

It was really kinda dumb. Felicity is really kinda dumb. She's the cancer killing this show.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Warmachine posted:

It was really kinda dumb. Felicity is really kinda dumb. She's the cancer killing this show.

I wasn't really into the idea that she was in the grave - I kinda assumed it was either her or Diggle, but Dig was my main guess - but I wouldn't mind it at all anymore. It's clear the writers don't know what to do with her anymore and I think it'd be a great move for the show to have Curtis slide right into the tech expert slot, but he can bring a bit more into the field as well.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Sir Potato posted:

I wasn't really into the idea that she was in the grave - I kinda assumed it was either her or Diggle, but Dig was my main guess - but I wouldn't mind it at all anymore. It's clear the writers don't know what to do with her anymore and I think it'd be a great move for the show to have Curtis slide right into the tech expert slot, but he can bring a bit more into the field as well.

He can also fall in love with Ollie, so Tumblr will be appeased

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
A lot of this was bad. But, at least it isn't stagnating, it is getting worse.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I missed crytalking, thanks for bringing it back

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Soothing Vapors posted:

I missed crytalking, thanks for bringing it back

I sense that era of the show is coming to a close

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So, even after Samantha explained to Felicity that "hey yeah I was the one who told him to keep it a secret," she's still gonna lash out and get all mopey?

At least Laurel seemed to move on pretty quickly after being upset about events from the past.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
You can talk about how bad Vixens powers look, and they do look bad. However, Darhrk is infinitely worse because his powers continue to be "Mime Sith Lord who turns everyone into mime trapped in a box" and along with his dollar store tactical goons reeks of no-budget.

You bring in a new super hero typically you give them a scene to cut loose and establish themselves as a badass or at least competent. Vixen shows up and is instantly clowned by a mime Sith lord. Her only accomplishment is calling a friend who knows stuff and flying into a room and leaving with an object.

So, the super heroics part of this episode was a severe let down, and the dramatic part, well, Felicity crytalked so hard it healed her spine. I just laughed and laughed, the only way it would have been better is if Oliver yelled "I'm the liar in this relationship? You faked a disability!"

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but I did just catch up on the four weeks I missed, and I just...

I don't understand. It's like all the fun and coolness and likability got sucked from the Flash straight into this show. Seriously, Oliver is a cool and likable dude now and Barry is a brooding dick who casually murders people. I never thought I'd see the day.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I didn't mind any of Vixen's powers except the flip, which was just embarrassing

Caper posted:

I sense that era of the show is coming to a close

god I hope so

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Spergatory posted:

I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but I did just catch up on the four weeks I missed, and I just...

I don't understand. It's like all the fun and coolness and likability got sucked from the Flash straight into this show. Seriously, Oliver is a cool and likable dude now and Barry is a brooding dick who casually murders people. I never thought I'd see the day.

You say this in the episode where a woman regains her ability to walk and then promptly breaks up with her fiancee.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

It's noooooot about yoooouuu ffelicity goddAMN

Felicity please walk into traffic.

I did love Vixen punking the gently caress out of Dharke though. Det Lance joking about all of Oliver's possible bastard children and Thea shutting down Barrowman were pretty good too.

Felicity and Barrowman need to gently caress right off though. The worst.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

howe_sam posted:

Okay, Felicity realizing she can walk again, and then just bouncing from the apartment was pretty drat funny,

I like to think the chip started working like a day or so ago, but she was waiting for a sufficiently dramatic moment to make a Malcolm Merlyn-esque exit/entrance.

Scyantific posted:

So, even after Samantha explained to Felicity that "hey yeah I was the one who told him to keep it a secret," she's still gonna lash out and get all mopey?

It is a fixed point in time, like the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs or the rise of the third reich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va-jMGrUFo8&t=13s

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 25, 2016

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Felicity please walk into traffic.

I did love Vixen punking the gently caress out of Dharke though. Det Lance joking about all of Oliver's possible bastard children and Thea shutting down Barrowman were pretty good too.

Felicity and Barrowman need to gently caress right off though. The worst.

Bad Dad Barrowman is still fun to watch. And Good Dad Oliver's little video recording was nice. Thea has quickly moved up the rungs to my favorite Arrow character though. They need to use her more.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I was looking forward to one last episode of Arrow before the break.

I... think I'm gonna skip this one.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The person I feel really bad for is Oliver's campaign manager. Poor guy doing work everyday to give Ollie a huge lead then he gets shat on.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The person I feel really bad for is Oliver's campaign manager. Poor guy doing work everyday to give Ollie a huge lead then he gets shat on.

At least he got paid.

What's Thea doing for money these days?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

nooneofconsequence posted:

At least he got paid.

What's Thea doing for money these days?

Wasn't she living off of Malcolm's assets since he's still technically dead?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I really really wanted a Mayor Oliver plot. I'm unreasonably disappointed here. I guess maybe things'll turn around but I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt, I think it's pretty likely they've just dropped this plot and will never mention it again.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I'm fairly confident that stopping Dahrk will once again leave the Star City mayor's office vacant.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'd honestly hope that he gets in front of a camera next episode and says, "Psych fuckers."

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Scyantific posted:

Wasn't she living off of Malcolm's assets since he's still technically dead?

Yes.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Actually I'm pretty sure Thea basically funded his campaign so there you go.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I enjoyed this episode, not as much as most of the rest of the season, but at least I still like watching this show unlike Flash or Legends of Tomorrow.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
It felt like they needed to catch up with an entire half seasons' worth of Season 3 Felicity in one episode and then overshot and made her even worse than you could possible imagine. At this point, even Vandal Savage and Zoom could teach her how to be a decent human being.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
That was like 45 minutes of good with 2 minutes of bad at the end.

Follow me for a second here. For those of you who loved watching Scrubs there was that whole plot of JD and Elliot always getting together just to break up. Finally, the creator of the show either end it for good or write them as somewhat mature adults because this is getting awful. They need to do the same thing here. Either write find a good way for them to interact and be together or separate them for good. The ONLY reason you do something like this is to milk the drama out of it and that is gone now.

Still liking the season so far though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The only good thing is Thea going "No gently caress YOU DAD" at the end. Seriously, Malcolm is beyond redemption and its stupid how they keep forgiving him for all the poo poo he does.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Oliver better stick up for himself and tell Felicity to gently caress off. He needs to kick her off the team, and probably throw her in Barry's Super Gitmo until she learns some decency and respect.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That loving plan. " Okay, look get the idol that's super power, and uh, smash it against a rock or something I guess? , I don't think shooting it with a arrow will work"

Kwyndig posted:

Oh my god just tell the whole world Ollie.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 25, 2016

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Hollismason posted:

That loving plan. " Okay, look get the idol that's super power, and uh, smash it against a rock or something I guess? , I don't think shooting it with a arrow will work"
It worked didn't it :colbert:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Oh yeah like, I'm gonna mock Crylicity and her consistently self-possessed ballshit for the rest of this show's run, but I don't wanna make it seem like I disliked this episode or anything. I thought the story was really well-done, in fact, and went exactly where it needed to go.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Dig had a good line: "Metahumans. Magic. Oliver Queen: father?"

This show has been consistently great all year, it's very pleasant to watch

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Curtis' husband seems like a cool guy.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

The only good thing is Thea going "No gently caress YOU DAD" at the end. Seriously, Malcolm is beyond redemption and its stupid how they keep forgiving him for all the poo poo he does.

The scariest thing about Malcolm Merlyn may be that I think he genuinely believes he truly loves his daughter and would do anything for her. Dude is loving wacko.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Just checked out the preview for next month's return episode, and Cupid's back. That'll be fun!

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I liked that episode up to the point where Felicity showed up in the last scene. What happened after was incredibly loving stupid.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Mooseontheloose posted:

That was like 45 minutes of good with 2 minutes of bad at the end.

Follow me for a second here. For those of you who loved watching Scrubs there was that whole plot of JD and Elliot always getting together just to break up. Finally, the creator of the show either end it for good or write them as somewhat mature adults because this is getting awful. They need to do the same thing here. Either write find a good way for them to interact and be together or separate them for good. The ONLY reason you do something like this is to milk the drama out of it and that is gone now.

Still liking the season so far though.

Are you using Scrubs as a good or bad example of the trope? Because Scrubs largely kept JD and Elliot as friends for years without forcing the romance angle.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Narcissus1916 posted:

Are you using Scrubs as a good or bad example of the trope? Because Scrubs largely kept JD and Elliot as friends for years without forcing the romance angle.

As a good than bad than Bill Lawerence saying clean this poo poo up or don;t do it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Scyantific posted:

Actually I'm pretty sure Thea basically funded his campaign so there you go.

I thought Felicity was funding it.

• Locked thread