Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm never sure how much to shoot at those big radiation dogs. Their health is weird, it always feels like too much or too little(although the latter is preferable).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
hell yeah motherfuckerrrrr

there's a guaranteed energy sword fairly early on this run, so of course everyone on the leaderboards died with it. I probably won't hold this spot but I'm fairly sure I'll stay top 5.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I am hot trash at this game and I finally got to the nuclear throne with the robot and even had a crown following me for the first time.

I got punked out in a single second when it blasted me with a huge laser. I was so sad.

I also am having a hell of a time trying to get a golden weapon for melting. I got to YV's crib twice, but the first time I spawned really close to a ton of dudes and died, then the second time I was opening the golden chest when the yellow chest next to it ate me.

This game hates me.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Getting murdered by the throne's laser the first time you reach it is a rite of passage.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

ninjewtsu posted:

i've been finding that labs is a surprisingly challenging area, just because running out of ammo is a very real problem at pretty much all times, and occasionally you get stuck with a gatling slugger and an ammoless energy hammer and you spawn in a big room and immediately get swarmed (i wish i had managed to make my way out of this alive). it was weird beating little hunter and going "i'm pretty well prepared for murdering the throne but poo poo i dunno if i can make it through labs"

Really? I've always felt like labs is where all the ammos comes back, you overkill a room and there's tonnes of drops to refill on because of the high volume of targets. Sewers is where it feels you're more likely to fall into an ammo trap, at least once you loop. Also I'd hardly ever feel 'stuck with' Gatling Slugger, there are stronger weapons but it's mad efficient and a good stepping stone to your loop weapons.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEWA9WTXoWo

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

No air horn, 0/10.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Finally finally FINALLY looped with YV today. Got I was shaking soo hard once I got the last generator down and while I was fighting off against Throne II.

Then I got the Super Plasma Cannon and holy smokes this this is a raging beast. I got ahead of myself and eventually I found my way to the I.D.P.D HQ. I got rocked by the Captain fast.

It feels good to have finally looped.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Maluco Marinero posted:

Really? I've always felt like labs is where all the ammos comes back, you overkill a room and there's tonnes of drops to refill on because of the high volume of targets. Sewers is where it feels you're more likely to fall into an ammo trap, at least once you loop. Also I'd hardly ever feel 'stuck with' Gatling Slugger, there are stronger weapons but it's mad efficient and a good stepping stone to your loop weapons.

I literally spawned in the middle of a mutant horde and despite never letting off the trigger I couldn't kill them faster than they could walk at me. It's good single target damage, not good for labs level crowds

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
If you're talking about preloop labs it's absolutely good enough for labs crowds.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

IronicDongz posted:

If you're talking about preloop labs it's absolutely good enough for labs crowds.

Yeah, in lovely lab spawns (and lovely spawns in general) the objective is to force yourself into a position where everything comes from one side and you either have cover or can kill everything that comes in quick enough that it's not needed.

While there are a few weapons that can dig you out of a situation where you're completely surrounded, Gatling slugger isn't one of them and you need to use the couple seconds delay at the start of the level to make a quick decision about where to fight.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Welcome to hell.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The only hellish part about that is the utter lack of balls.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Woo, just got over 1,000 kills for the first time, on the daily no less. Well, most of that was spent just holding right-click and spamming an auto grenade shotgun while hoping anything that got close enough would get murdered by gamma guts plus scary face. Monster style eyes is great, though, especially with throne butt.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Wow the Jackhammer is garbage.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Justin_Brett posted:

It's one of the best defensive weapons pre-loop and it stunlocks lil hunter.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Yeah it's pretty good. I don't like taking it after loop or as Rogue because it blows up IDPD grenades, but otherwise I'll take it most of the time.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I want a jackhammer that does wrench hits instead of screwdriver hits

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Justin_Brett posted:

I see it as leas of a damage dealer and more of a stunlocker and projectile killer.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I was on the subway home and I heard a middle school girl say "Flashyn, No Popo"

(I stopped playing because I can't beat the throne on a regular basis :( )

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

This week weekly is really good. My first run ended on HQ1 when i got surrounded by 4 loving elite inspectors. What a load of bull :v:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
It's a fun weekly, but no Trigger Fingers in sight! I replaced my super crossbow with a cursed ultra crossbow on L2 somewhere and then again for a cursed gatling slugger in the big chest in cursed caves. Got to 2584, which I'll probably be satisfied with.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Some day I will actually beat the nuclear throne. I got pretty close as chicken, but died to some sort of explosion about halfway through killing the throne

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i go to venuz's mansion only to listen to the music

megane
Jun 20, 2008

yes yes yes

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
IT'S THE

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ZIdmfMc5o

*blasts airhorns*

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Every morning I PALM SLAM A VHS i actually play a bit a NT, melting is the last character I need to loop so I always play him before doing the daily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9wr03oFj0w
Today I finally got a good run! The struggle is real.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
It's been a while since I played as crystal, but I had a pretty good daily as her today. Not incredibly good, but a bit over 3k.

Still holding the #6 spot on the alltime leaderboards. Thought I'd get bumped off by now.

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.
I just killed the throne with a shovel. I didn't bother trying to loop that run.

Barrington
Oct 5, 2010

Mo' shekels
God drat I'm so frustrated with my NT play just now. I hadn't played in a while since the dailies were broken.

I've started back up again and my consistency is appalling. On odd days I get 1500+ kills and on even days I get <200 kills. The score graph on the new throne butt is basically a sine wave between 15th place and 1000th place.

I would prefer to be consistently bad at the game, so that I could make changes and see I'd they worked or not. But at the moment its so inconsistent I feel like there's gently caress all I can do to improve things :-(

Really loving the new thronebutt.com though!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Whoa, I have no idea what happened but I was #7 on the alltime leaderboards yesterday and now I'm #5. IDK if someone got banned or what, wasn't expecting that bump.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
yung venuz is cool

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Barrington posted:

God drat I'm so frustrated with my NT play just now. I hadn't played in a while since the dailies were broken.

I've started back up again and my consistency is appalling. On odd days I get 1500+ kills and on even days I get <200 kills. The score graph on the new throne butt is basically a sine wave between 15th place and 1000th place.

I would prefer to be consistently bad at the game, so that I could make changes and see I'd they worked or not. But at the moment its so inconsistent I feel like there's gently caress all I can do to improve things :-(

Really loving the new thronebutt.com though!

same except i have nearly 700 hours in this game and if I loop once an evening things are great

edit: just died at 1-3 on the daily :ughh:

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 4, 2016

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Fayez Butts posted:

same except i have nearly 700 hours in this game and if I loop once an evening things are great

edit: just died at 1-3 on the daily :ughh:

It happens to everyone. Don't give up, but do take a break after something like that, maybe.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Sade posted:

It happens to everyone. Don't give up, but do take a break after something like that, maybe.

Butttt.... On top of that, hours played does not correlate with capability in a linear fashion. If you're not playing and practicing to win, there is no guarantee that you will get better. A break helps, but when you come back you need to focus on getting better by picking what you work on.

Maybe hack your save to have a crown of blood so you're forced to get used to large crowds, play melting with no SS or Rhino so you focus on safe play with good dodging. Just a remember that improvement isn't a foregone result of time spent.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Today I got a Good rear end daily run with melee chicken. I wish I was recording it because there where some really good parts innit.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Vlambeer should set up a replay site like Superhot's Killstagram.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

Looped for the first time today. Got carried by the Super Cross Bow and the Super Flak Cannon. When I got sick of running out of ammo and switched out one of them for an e-sword I died pretty fast after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
The golden car on 3-1 is not guaranteed, but it always seems to not spawn if I got a screwdriver on 1-1 :argh:

• Locked thread