Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Yeah, the beach has a bunch of Fastitocalon-Fs for you to fight for good amounts of AP. They also drop Fish Fins, which can be refined into Water spells. Water is a good STR junction in the early game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Kudos to the FFXII dev team for condensing pure frustration into a gameplay experience: being killed during the casting animation for a clutch revival spell by a physical attack that the boss only has because they knew the loving action queue was goddamn bullshit.

I'm enjoying the game, I swear. :shepface:

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

did steam add the ability to save in the last dungeon, that too would make me hate it way less

The mobile version autosaves when entering a new room and after every battle. It makes the game much more tolerable.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Len posted:

Where's a good place to get AP but not load up on XP in early ff8?

Go to the beach, kill Fastitocalon-F until you have enough for Card, use that on everything for full AP and 0 EXP. If you kill Squall for that grind and the first half of Dollet (you have to fight some soldiers, can't Card them) you're pretty much set for the Lv7 clear.

Tempo 119 fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 24, 2016

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Hey is this the place to make FF Explorer friends or should I use the 3DS thread?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

Kudos to the FFXII dev team for condensing pure frustration into a gameplay experience: being killed during the casting animation for a clutch revival spell by a physical attack that the boss only has because they knew the loving action queue was goddamn bullshit.

I'm enjoying the game, I swear. :shepface:

Using items doesnt gently caress you like the casting animation queue does. Use items instead for clutch moments.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

TommyGun85 posted:

Using items doesnt gently caress you like the casting animation queue does. Use items instead for clutch moments.

When I've got 9 Phoenix Downs because I have to run through the mines instead of teleporting in? And while items don't hold other things up, I've found literally everything except a basic attack gets held up.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

When I've got 9 Phoenix Downs because I have to run through the mines instead of teleporting in? And while items don't hold other things up, I've found literally everything except a basic attack gets held up.

just saying...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

AlphaKretin posted:

They don't not give XP but you don't need to have none

I don't think the English language will ever recover from this horrendous butchering.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Reik posted:

Hey is this the place to make FF Explorer friends or should I use the 3DS thread?

Neither, there's a thread specifically for that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes please attempt to get that thread past a single page :(

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is Explorers good?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Suaimhneas posted:

Luckily there's no reason to play FF3 because FF5 and Bravely Default are the same thing but better

i just want to point out i was very specific in saying i'd hate it less, not that i'd start liking it; FF3 is kinda like FF2 for me, there's just too much wrong or archaic about them for me to have fun with 20 years after they were released

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Crossposting from the Vita thread

Of note, besides the Tonberry which are cute as hell and Ramuh evolving from Thunder and Thunder Guy, there's a picture of a vendor dressed as a chocobo named Chocolatte. She's even voiced by Seiko Ueda so yeah, Chocolina returns.

Thunder is cute and I like that it's just the classic Black Mage design :3

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'm gonna be pissed if I the game doesn't lure tons of people into recruiting a cute Moomba and then disgusting the hell out of them when it evolves

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Barudak posted:

I'm gonna be pissed if I the game doesn't lure tons of people into recruiting a cute Moomba and then disgusting the hell out of them when it evolves

You got it backwards. Shumi become Moomba.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Suaimhneas posted:

Luckily there's no reason to play FF3 because FF5 and Bravely Default are the same thing but better

FF3 NES is legit playable and if you're looking for a challenge after completing those and can stand Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest games before 8 I'd happily recommend it. It's a guilty pleasure of mine.

So is FF8, great advice everyone. I didn't know you could spread the All rule so early!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I believe Thunder Guy is Raiden, he showed up in XII: Revenant Wings.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You got it backwards. Shumi become Moomba.

Ugh. I'll have to settle for people desperate to get a Moomba and not being able to figure it out.

That or over feeding a chocobo to get an alternate evolution.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Red Suit posted:

Is Explorers good?

I thought it was really boring. No attacks, at least physical ones, have any sense of impact, the non-boss fights are plentiful and dull, and the bosses aren't much better. Enemies also felt really arbitrary, like why is there an ahriman in this wide open grassy field with the goblins and zu? Learning new skills felt pretty monotonous too since the impact of getting a single point of Resistance Up or reduced monster enmity was difficult to notice a lot of the time. Online play didn't really make it more tolerable either aside from the inherent enjoyment of playing a coop video game with friends.

giffan
Jul 10, 2012

Txn posted:

Of note, besides the Tonberry which are cute as hell and Ramuh evolving from Thunder and Thunder Guy, there's a picture of a vendor dressed as a chocobo named Chocolatte. She's even voiced by Seiko Ueda so yeah, Chocolina returns.

Okay but look at TINY QUISTIS

Unrelated question, did Nomura do the summon designs for XIII? Because while drawing stuff, I found out horse Odin has at least 2 zippers on his metal armor.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

giffan posted:

Okay but look at TINY QUISTIS

Unrelated question, did Nomura do the summon designs for XIII? Because while drawing stuff, I found out horse Odin has at least 2 zippers on his metal armor.

As you can see, he seems to have zippers on his body. And ankh nipple piercings :gonk:

Also here is horse and pink lady in 7000x7000 what in the god drat is wrong with you renderers. Horse have zipper. Pink lady have no zipper.

EDIT:

Txn posted:

I might get it because Tiny Quistis is confirmed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yea 7000x7000 isn't big enough for such a badass image.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i can't see the image of odin cause it's too tiny

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Man, I had forgotten about so many of these FFX boss battles. At least I did remember how much of a ball ache Yunalesca is. It's a little worse that my first play through since I think I hosed everyone up using the expert spear grid. Auron hits for more with attack than even LuLu hits with -ga spells with magic boost. Yuna doesn't even have curaga yet let alone holy. I think taking a detour so Tidus could get steal and use before I even got Rikku hosed up his stat growth.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

i can't see the image of odin cause it's too tiny

Hopefully a much better view.

widespread fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 25, 2016

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

widespread posted:

Hopefully a much better view.

Yes, that's even smaller. Much better.

There we go:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Small Odin is bannable.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Schwartzcough posted:

Yes, that's even smaller. Much better.

There we go:

ACTUALLY IT'S BECAUSE THE WIKI'S BEING DUMB SO NEVERMIND

In fact, in the amount of time it'd take for me to find a large-rear end picture of a suitable picture of Odin, I guess you could look on this page.

widespread fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 25, 2016

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Odin for ants, etc

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

bloodychill posted:

Odin for ants, etc

Why yes, I did find Zoolander 1 funny.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

widespread posted:

Why yes, I did find Zoolander 1 funny.

"Why did they specify Zoolander 1? Did I miss... goddamn it who asked for that?"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Who was it that said that Sephirot's theme sounds like When Worlds Collide? Looks like Powerman5000 agrees.

https://www.facebook.com/officialpowerman5000/posts/1163822686963071

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
did u guys know their making a sequel to zoolander like drat who asked for that

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Final Fantasy Megathread: Zoolander 2 Exists And Sephirot's Theme Is Literally a Powerman 5000 Song

... wait, who the gently caress is Sephirot. Isn't it Sephiroth?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Aerit

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Sephirot is, IIRC, a more accurate translation from Hebrew of the religious concept he name after.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sephirot is one of the Warring Triad from FF6. He was never called that in-game but he was labeled as such in the concept art. FFXIV is now adding the Warring Triad as bosses and they're using the name from the concept art because I guess calling him Doom/Fiend wouldn't work in this game. I guess they're not overly concerned about the association with that other guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

Sephirot is, IIRC, a more accurate translation from Hebrew of the religious concept he name after.

Augus posted:

Sephirot is one of the Warring Triad from FF6. He was never called that in-game but he was labeled as such in the concept art. FFXIV is now adding the Warring Triad as bosses and they're using the name from the concept art because I guess calling him Doom/Fiend wouldn't work in this game. I guess they're not overly concerned about the association with that other guy.

I see. :stare: