Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Pikehead posted:

I saw this coming - I thought that eventually brian would work out that morra wasn't a nice guy - but oh what a way to do it. Lol at him insisting his sister call jason ike if things continue.

Also, sands now knows that brian has the burn book. Is this his way of stopping morra, or was it just forgetting he had it after a long night where he got stabbed, etc. They leave it vague as to wether there was a body - was this a setup by someone to get brian the book?
:tinfoil:

I got the impression from this and last week's episode that Sands is trying to get out from under Morra. He's experienced and he doesn't have NZT so his best bet is to set Brian up, give him the loaded gun and point him towards Morra. It'll explain why he's so lenient with Brian. He ties up the loose ends he has to but he gives him a pass for basically everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I scanned the credits for a list of the comic artists, since I thought each chapter was by a different person, but they didn't list the names. I thought I recognized the style of Nick Pitarra (from Image Comics' Manhattan Projects) for one of them.

EDIT: Comic Book Resources had an article about it, and Pitarra was one of them!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/exclusive-cbs-limitless-enlists-spider-gwen-artist-robbi-rodriguez

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Feb 24, 2016

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I refuse to believe we heard Ike's real name.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Digital Jedi posted:

I refuse to believe we heard Ike's real name.

They've revealed it a few episodes earlier in the one where Ike takes a bullet in the pharmacy.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yeah, it was the epilogue of the episode after they showed "Limitless". The last name was "Jason", and it's Brian visiting him in the hospital. It was kind of sweet really.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Oh well I'm still refusing to believe I heard it this time since I don't remember they did before.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

buddhanc posted:

Another great episode. Love the illustrations and ike bit at the end. I like the music during the last scene, sounds like good treadmill music IMO, but I have no idea what it is. Is there a database or something that they update or an easy way to find a song from a show?

It's called "using Shazam" or asking Google "what song is this" and holding your phone up to the TV speaker.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Digital Jedi posted:

Oh well I'm still refusing to believe I heard it this time since I don't remember they did before.

That's OK too since Ike admitted that it was growing on him anyway.

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.
About the whole "morra killing everyone involved with nzt", wasnt that done by De niro's character in the original movie? I mean there's the whole conversation at the end how "we took down your lab, no more nzt for you unless you do as your told".

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

raditts posted:

How is this a "filler" episode? It gave us all the backstory on Sands.

Yes filler was the wrong word. I felt like that episode didn't push Brians plot forward besides giving him leverage on sans. And one tidbit of info on what morra did after getting on nzt. Felt a bit shallow. Still great episode either way. .

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 24, 2016

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Oovee posted:

About the whole "morra killing everyone involved with nzt", wasnt that done by De niro's character in the original movie? I mean there's the whole conversation at the end how "we took down your lab, no more nzt for you unless you do as your told".

That was, but finally it was Morra and De Niro being the only ones producing NZT, because at the end, Morra has like a bunch of labs reverse engineering it (to make NZT without side effects), whereas De Niro only owned the lab that made the original version that would kill you if you stopped taking it..

I wonder if the pills Brian is taking are pills from one of Morra's labs, engineered to kill you if you continuously take it without the shots, a method of controlling who can use NZT effectively. I figure Morra also has a batch of NZT that requires no shots (if he even needs it).

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
What happened to neros character in the movie?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Morra did some NZT magic predicting a car crash a minute or so before it actually happened to get De Niro to gently caress off. He did but implied that he'd come back around to take another stab at getting Morra under his thumb.

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
Limitless has been knocking it out of the park in terms of creativeness.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Now that CBS/CW are crossing over Flash and Supergirl, can we get a Limitless/Crazy Ex Girlfriend crossover? I want to see her cartoon machinations encounter his.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Oovee posted:

He just bought the lab, and closed it. It wasn't like De Niro's character at the end of the movie turned into a mobster.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Now that CBS/CW are crossing over Flash and Supergirl, can we get a Limitless/Crazy Ex Girlfriend crossover? I want to see her cartoon machinations encounter his.

What if Limitless is actually set in the DC universe - imagine Batman on NZT.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I really liked that Nas also called him Ike. She probably thinks that's his real name. When expense reports come in, she's like "who the gently caress is Jason?"

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

SLOSifl posted:

I really liked that Nas also called him Ike. She probably thinks that's his real name. When expense reports come in, she's like "who the gently caress is Jason?"

We don't know that she did call him Ike. The show does a weird thing where it superimposes some of Brian's idiosyncrasies onto the world, regardless of whether he's in the scene or not.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

God that was a great episode. I like how it can be just as riveting as other shows when this episode took place almost entirely between the action.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
I can't get enough of this show. The hour flies by each episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Of course the irony of the episode is that Sands' problem would have been solved even quicker if Brian had been called in.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Plots abound unlocking 100% of 'brain power' are usually pretty lame, the movie sucked, how can the show be this good? :psyduck:

I passed the thread many times until I clicked and read some posts saying that it was good, I'm really glad I started watching this.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
A DeNiro cameo would be fairly cool. I'm sure Cooper could talk him into it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

ZZZorcerer posted:

Plots abound unlocking 100% of 'brain power' are usually pretty lame, the movie sucked, how can the show be this good? :psyduck:

I passed the thread many times until I clicked and read some posts saying that it was good, I'm really glad I started watching this.

These types of plots should do it rocket launch style- 100% is baseline and any increases go beyond that

With that said, I love this show.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

What if Limitless is actually set in the DC universe - imagine Batman on NZT.

Batman on NZT would be exactly the same, because batman already has bullshit super genius and super preparedness and can speak a hundred languages and can effortlessly defeat the most powerful beings in the universe with his amazing genius.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wolpertinger posted:

Batman on NZT would be exactly the same, because batman already has bullshit super genius and super preparedness and can speak a hundred languages and can effortlessly defeat the most powerful beings in the universe with his amazing genius.

Yeah but Batman on NZT might be able to say to himself "We're a 40 year old man who should have started seeing a psychiatrist 30 years ago. This method of grief management is incredibly ineffective and quite frankly we should be embarrassed it took 30 god drat years, eventually needing to build ourself an exoskeleton to make up for the shortcomings of this ruined body before we realized it."

Then stubborn-iron-will himself into doing nothing about it until the drug wore off and he could go back to doing his thing.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
If the flash was on nzt he might remember he can run fast

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Shut your face.

No musicals.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

VDay posted:

Shazam worked well enough thanks to the part where the song played for a bit without Brian talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxbfshg2mcI

Ha ha...the music sounded so much like instrumental music from a John Carpenter movie that I just assumed it was without checking.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Rocksicles posted:

Shut your face.

No musicals.

Why do I feel like there was already an episode with a Limitless musical?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Rocksicles posted:

Shut your face.

No musicals.

i want a limitless musical episode for christmas a la Once More, with Feeling.

Pahonix
May 29, 2004

Hooked on pahonix workid for meh!

buddhanc posted:

Another great episode. Love the illustrations and ike bit at the end. I like the music during the last scene, sounds like good treadmill music IMO, but I have no idea what it is. Is there a database or something that they update or an easy way to find a song from a show?

Tunefind is great for this type of thing.

http://www.tunefind.com/show/limitless/season-1/28943

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

What are the ratings looking like? I really like this show which of course means its set to get canceled any day now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

hangedman1984 posted:

What are the ratings looking like? I really like this show which of course means its set to get canceled any day now.

Not great, not terrible. Could go either way honestly.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
It is on pretty late, so ratings will be lower than they should be. I'm sure they'll use that as justification to cancel it anyway. :(

At least it's not on Fox, it would be cancelled for sure.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Kilson posted:

It is on pretty late, so ratings will be lower than they should be. I'm sure they'll use that as justification to cancel it anyway. :(

At least it's not on Fox, it would be cancelled for sure.
Fox renewed Scream Queens which does fractional ratings (sub 1.0) so yeah, anything is fair game on Fox.

But yeah Limitless is kinda up in the air. It's like hovering around 1.1 to 1.3 depending on the week and I think loses quite a bit of their NCIS/something audience.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Sober posted:

Fox renewed Scream Queens which does fractional ratings (sub 1.0) so yeah, anything is fair game on Fox.

But yeah Limitless is kinda up in the air. It's like hovering around 1.1 to 1.3 depending on the week and I think loses quite a bit of their NCIS/something audience.

I would say pairing it with Elementary would make sense but neither show has the best ratings.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Tortolia posted:

I would say pairing it with Elementary would make sense but neither show has the best ratings.

That makes me sad considering those are my two favorite shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

It's basically the same thing that happened to Person of Interest, it was paired with Elementary for its first couple of seasons and both shows did pretty good ratings but as soon as they separated you ended up with a dissonant block of shows for both Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's a shame history is repeating because limitless feels like an even more perfect match than poi was for Elementary.

• Locked thread